Thread: IEI/INFp struggle separating reality from fantasy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI/INFp struggle separating reality from fantasy

So as an INFP, I *cough* sometimes *cough* see something there when it's not there but I can't see that it's not there because I'm so wrapped up in my fantasies and etc, then how do one know if it's actually there? Things like crushes, for example. How am I suppose to trust myself if I'm not really a reliable source but then at the same time, it's not like I can trust my friends all the time to take care of my guy problems... advice? ideas? Huh.
    INFP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Confusing

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    So as an INFP, I *cough* sometimes *cough* see something there when it's not there but I can't see that it's not there because I'm so wrapped up in my fantasies and etc, then how do one know if it's actually there?
    I don't know if delusional thinking is an INFp trait but it is often included in the profiles of the insane and serial killers. If it turns out to be the latter, then congratulations. You're well on your way to becoming famous.
    No, it's just something that happens when the Introverted functions are allowed complete autonomy without influence from the outside.

In other words, flex your Extraverted functions.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do one become more extravert?
    INFP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about anything that you might find initially irritating, and do it. That would be learning to use your Ne.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*bows head*

Sometimes I feel very lucky to be INFP.
    Other times though, it's just like damn, why me, why can't I be one of the normal extrovert people.
    Like normally I'm pretty quiet and talk to myself more than others.
    But I had some beer last night and I totally talked and talked, completely at ease so I'm like, why can't I be like that 24/7, easy-going, relaxed, completely chill. Normally I worry a lot and am nervous which leads to being sweaty. Yea, I'm also very jealous. Some girl can walk down the street and I'll be like life is unfair, I wish to disappear...but anyway, great that you found yourself an ESTP.
    INFP

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sweaty to!!

Sometimes it's like toxic!! smells like some strong chemical shit!! IT dont even go away if you shower and if you mix in perfumes it's like cheap perfume mixed with smelly ass sweat that makes you puke!!1111 '

It's great to open conversations though.. "do I smell? O rly? I thought so.. but you smell really great! may I lick you?" then follows great steamy sex!
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're estp. LOL. Well, it's a good thing that toxic smell doesn't like interfere with more important things.
    INFP

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only cool people sweat!
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other times though, it's just like damn, why me, why can't I be one of the normal extrovert people.
    Just felt compelled to toss out the thought that not all extroverts are "normal". And that being an extrovert is over-rated.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I hate about being an Introvert is that we seem much more susceptable to headaches.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's just because we actually think. :wink:
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tocuhé!

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah!

*runs away*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have headaches.

1) My eyesight is like totally screwed up. One eye sees things smaller and the other makes things bigger so my brain is playing a sort of ping pong.

2) And there's another ping pong thing. Back to the topic. I seem to have like...two little creatures on each shoulder except it's not good and evil, it's like idealistic/dreamy/optimistic and the other is dark/insecure/paranoid/realistic maybe and I constantly go back and forth. I see my ex crush in one view sometimes and other sometimes in another view and it's like ARG, who is he.

We think too much, that's what it is.
    INFP

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn that is some cool shit!!

What kind of hash do you use?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have headaches.

1) My eyesight is like totally screwed up. One eye sees things smaller and the other makes things bigger so my brain is playing a sort of ping pong.

2) And there's another ping pong thing. Back to the topic. I seem to have like...two little creatures on each shoulder except it's not good and evil, it's like idealistic/dreamy/optimistic and the other is dark/insecure/paranoid/realistic maybe and I constantly go back and forth. I see my ex crush in one view sometimes and other sometimes in another view and it's like ARG, who is he.

We think too much, that's what it is.
    Hey!

Can you post more about this kind of thing in my new thread?

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3578
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So as an INFP, I *cough* sometimes *cough* see something there when it's not there but I can't see that it's not there because I'm so wrapped up in my fantasies and etc, then how do one know if it's actually there?

I don't know if delusional thinking is an INFp trait but it is often included in the profiles of the insane and serial killers. If it turns out to be the latter, then congratulations. You're well on your way to becoming famous.

No, it's just something that happens when the Introverted functions are allowed complete autonomy without influence from the outside.

In other words, flex your Extraverted functions
    I thought it has something to do more with the weak Te/Ti. Anyway the above advices are priceless and im actively using them. Just talk about it with your friends. If you want to save face or something ask the questions as if you don't give a shit, approaching the theme from the ring road and then collect the little things which can help you refresh your picture. Anyway keep in mind that most people aren't as critical as yourself so just ask. If you have ESTp/ISTj around go there first and don't be afraid to look stupid. they will most likely understand you and help you with pleasure.

Si isn't so hard to ignore. actually it's too easy to ignore (at least for me) and it might get you into some little/big problems. anyway i used to have headaches from time to time just as you. it was kind of amusing. i was thinking im taking part in Pi:2 or something. try to take advantange of the "delusional thinking" and the weak Si. like if i have headache when i'm walking down the streets i try to aim at some shadow (of a building for example) and brainwash myself into thinking that in the moment in which i cross the shadow my headache will be gone. most of the time it works perfect and after 5-6 mins i'm okay.

What kind of hash do you use?
    they call it INFp
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!