Hybrid View

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Gilly noticed that along with a combination of things, like visual-spacial abilities that Minde could actually be ISFj not INFj.
    Don't fucking stand on me or drag me into your crap.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Minde is EII.
    I believe she is EII-Fi subtype in socionics, 9w1 ennagram.

I believe how Maritsa is going about things is indicative more of a mental/emotional fixation, rather than an earnest attempt to understand what reality is; she creates a lot of untruths and slights to support her arguments; it's not particularly convincing. I've said more elsewhere, if you're curious for more of my opinions.

General comment:
    If you want to demonstrate that you don't take Maritsa seriously, I have a suggestion:
    simply state such in a post here,

and then discontinue posting in this thread.

PS: ehhh, but I realize this is a "general thread" about Minde's type. So I suppose to that end, sure, do what you want. But I see it as futile to actively disagree with Marita in the sense of back and forth debating ; that hasn't yielded any results. I'm all for stating your piece, but am advocating for a reduction in entertaining 'discussion' - that was the nature of my 'general comment'
    Last edited by UDP; 05-12-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to be having some trouble correctly analyzing these quotes, Pinocchio, let me help you out a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Our world can be so beautiful.

I love this time of year here - it's green, not dusty; it's not too cold and getting warmer, but not too warm; and the variety in the weather elements! In one day I can see blue skies, clouds, rain, hail, bright sunshine, wind, calm. Every time I look at it, the sky has so many interesting and captivating shapes and colors and textures. Hardly a dull visual moment. Some of the sunsets recently have been glorious. I love it best when the west portion's saturation reflects in the overarching cloud cover, creating a warm golden magical glow over and in everything. I also love it right after it rains and the sun slants in, setting all asparkle, so clean and bright, gold and green and brown.

The smells and sounds are nice, too, though they're more potent and pure when I can just be surrounded by nature.

/verbal raptures
    The above quote is pure Si, especially the underlined parts. See here for a vocabulary list. There is not particularly any Fe in the above quote, it's mainly luxuriating in Si sensations. The "I love this or that" statements could be an expression of Fi, but "love" is a pretty broad term and is not really characteristic of any one type.

Detective - I would not do well if it was just me, but it might be fun to play a supporting role. [Detective is a job that requires high amounts of Thinking, both Ti and Te.]

[...]

Archeologist - Hm, maybe. I don't know that I'd be able to maintain focus, though. [A common complaint of Ne types is that they are too absentminded to focus on details. Archaeology would also require high amounts of Ti.]

[...]

Designer [interior decorating; fashion; etc.] - I do some of this for my current job already. But it's based more on principles and my own likes rather than knowing and implementing trends. I wouldn't (and don't) do well in fashion or interior decorating. [In my opinion, this indicates weak Sensing --knowing and implementing trends being extremely difficult in 1d and 2d functions.]

Nurse - Helping people is good; blood is bad. I can help people in other ways. [Whether or not a physical sensation is disgusting is related to Si. Also, labeling people and things as "good" or "bad" is strongly tied to Fi.]

Counselor or psychologist - I've done this a little (not professionally), and just from the small taste I've had I don't think I could handle it. I might get too involved with my client's problem and take on too many of their burdens. [This actually indicates too much empathy and interest in other people's problems, not too little. Logical types can cut themselves off emotionally and analyze their patients dispassionately, Ethical types can't help but feel emotionally connected to their patients, and can be thereby overwhelmed.]
    Combinations of emotions/attitudes/opinions/etc. are familiar to me. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's rare for me to experience only one at a time. Or even just two. For example, the combination of like and disrespect is quite understandable to me. A more rare and difficult one, imo, would be something even more polar, like simultaneous respect and disdain, though it's quite possible.

There's also a difference between the more flexible, changeable emotions that sort of flow on the surface, the emotions of color, and the deeper, steader... opinions of people that tend to last longer.
    The above quote, especially the underlined sections, indicates very strong Fi. "Like/Dislike", "Respect/Disrespect", and other "opinions of people" are plainly Fi, and in fact form the core of the ideas associated with Fi. Furthermore, the italicized portion is clearly a description of Fe (and unvalued Fe at that -- Fe-valuers tend to describe the flexible, changeable emotions as "deep", and the more static opinions of people as "surface-level"). The comparison in the last sentence is actually a good, succinct description of the difference between Fi and Fe. Fi is static opinions about things and people -- a relationship is essentially two people's opinions of each other. Fi is like and dislike, respect and disrespect, good and bad, etc. Fe, on the other hand, is dynamic, flowing emotions; one's changing internal state. Fe is happy, sad, angry, etc.

I respect...
    ...kindness, especially when it is given in return for unkindness.

...someone who searches for truth and doesn't rest until it's found.

[...]

As far as love... I love both many and very few. I wish everyone well; there's no one I really hate. I have no enemies (that I know of - not counting those who hate me simply for my demographics), and while there are a few people that I don't like to be around, it's more because they tax my patience or pull me away from where I want to be than that I think them horrible people, or anything like that. And, yet, I'm truly devoted and connected to a relatively small number of people, comprising mostly of my family. That type of love is born more from commitment and trust. I would have to be very sure of someone to let them into my "inner circle," so to speak. Either that, or very deluded and distracted.
    Kindness and truth are universally valued (or can be, obviously there are evil people of every type). Different quadras value different sorts of kindness and truth, but all value them.

The underlined sections in the above quote again are Fi. As I said, Fi deals with relationships and opinions of people, while Fe deals with changeable emotions and internal dynamic states.

Even if I'd never seen her post before, based on these quotes alone, my conclusion would be that Minde is an Intuitive Si-valuing Fi-Ego, that is to say, Delta NF. Considering her heavy emphasis on Fi in the later quotes, and her overall attitude expressed in the quotes, I would be leaning toward EII.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    otes, and her overall attitude expressed in the quotes, I would be leaning toward EII.
    How about SEE?

Anyone can hide Se very well, but not if you know what to look for; Se is very adept at being hidden...it's only in a person's motivations and intentions is it a perfect way to spot it.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on people, what has gotten into you? Minde is Fi as one can be. And intuitive (anyone saw her on Intuition rampage in Airborne's VI me thread? It was like, wow man, just wow!!!).

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    You. are. an. idiot. indeed!!! Before asking you politely to go shoot yourself for all the stupidities I hear from you,

[...]

Please don't reply me cause I'll ignore your stupidity.
    Ad hominen arguments make you look smart and wise, and always help demonstrate the correctness of your positions.

I tell you that SLI and LSE are Si-Ego types as well. You'll never hear such things from them. But you will rather hear from the Beta "OMG! OMG!" NF's, I did. That vocabulary is simply bullshit, including Si insistence on health, which is only half true.

I don't answer the rest, I already warned you that you always confuse Fi with Fe, you can't make the difference!
    As usual, you dramatically overstate your case in unnecessarily black-and-white terms. SLI and LSE are not incapable of talking about how they appreciate the beauty of nature, especially if they're female (as women in our culture can talk about such things without the risk of appearing "unmanly"). However, you're right to say that there's a strong ethical component to that sort of description -- you rarely see Alpha NTs, especially LIIs, talking like that either, despite having both Si and Fe in valued functions. But like I said, I'm of the opinion that the ethics expressed by Minde in that post are more closely related to Fi than Fe.

Fi: "I like this sunset."
    Fe: "This sunset makes me happy."

Obviously, ethical types have strong ethics of both kinds, and ethical language can be imprecise as to which kind of ethics is being described, but that's the core of it there.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinocchio, do you think you could give a summary here of what you view to be Fe and Fi? The thing is, most of what you're talking about here in terms of my appreciation for the aesthetic I think could normally be understood as belonging to Si, Ne, or even perceiving in general. I'm curious how you make that translation to Fe.

Keep in mind, Alpha SFs (to whom you seem to be comparing me) also have Si in addition to Fe, so what you see in your dual and activator that looks like me could be not so much their Fe as their similar appreciation for Si-related things. That's one thing I actually really like about my close ESFj friend, that I can share such things with her - she likes it when I point out pretty or interesting things and we can enjoy such things together.

One thing that I very much disagree with, and even feel borders on insulting simply because I feel so strongly about it, is what you said about me abandoning or rejecting someone because they're ugly. Something, yes, perhaps, though even then functionality can be more important. But someone? No! People's value to me depends on who they are inside, not what they look like on the outside. I would not abandon someone because of some silly external standard like "ugly".

*sigh* There are lots of other things in this thread that I disagree with and think misrepresent me on various levels, but I feel like addressing them all would likely be pointless, particularly since most in this thread seem more interested in expressing their opinions than finding out more about me and who I really am.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa you have nothing...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Maritsa you have nothing...
    Kind of like her and your morbid fascination wiht horror things.

People observe these behaviors in you and Minde you know...doesn't that make you guys feel a little ashamed of lying and living up to things you're not?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-cinq

I'm absolutely not at all interested in photography, I consider it a bit snobbish.
    lol. Yah, there was a time that only a select few understood the principles of photography enough, and afford the equipment to produce great photos. That was enough to afford them the opportunity to boast. Nowadays, anyone with a half decent $100 point and shoot digital has the potential produce good pics. I'd hardly call it snobbish a interest at this point.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

In favor of Minde as INFj, as I think arguments should be fair, we make wonderful artists.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Don't fucking stand on me or drag me into your crap.
    Fine, don't speak to me that way either.
    -