Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are LIIs-INTjs reliable people?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh but to add another two cents, my dad is actually an INTj and when he says he will do something he 100 percent does it. Though, he is picky about what he says he'll do, but at least you know he'll do it for sure. So yes, some INTjs do learn to remember the details and are reliable.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My INTj boyfriend is very reliable IF he remembers to do something. Often times, I'll ask him to get a prescription at the drugstore for me, pick me up from somewhere, etc. and he'll completely forget within 30 seconds. I've learned to write him little post-its and send e-mail reminders about stuff. He actually really wants to remember stuff and be reliable, but he has the absent-minded professor syndrome.
    That's the kind of thing that happens to me.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep my promises, and am very committed once I put my mind to something. People note that I go above and beyond when it comes to school work, my job, or projects in general. If you throw me into a situation relating to real-world workforce related stuff I never dabbled in, I'll probably let you down. There's a lot in life that doesn't come naturally to me, so I need to learn how to do something in order to follow through with it. When it comes to relationships, both romantic and friendships, I consider myself reliable too. Though I am slow when it comes to communications.

I do put my best foot forward, even if the area is not my forte/area of expertise.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Froody Blue Gem View Post
    I keep my promises, and am very committed once I put my mind to something. People note that I go above and beyond when it comes to school work, my job, or projects in general. If you throw me into a situation relating to real-world workforce related stuff I never dabbled in, I'll probably let you down. There's a lot in life that doesn't come naturally to me, so I need to learn how to do something in order to follow through with it. When it comes to relationships, both romantic and friendships, I consider myself reliable too. Though I am slow when it comes to communications.

I do put my best foot forward, even if the area is not my forte/area of expertise.
    You keep replying to LII threads but it says your type is EII in your profile, so what is your type?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    My INTj boyfriend is very reliable IF he remembers to do something. Often times, I'll ask him to get a prescription at the drugstore for me, pick me up from somewhere, etc. and he'll completely forget within 30 seconds. I've learned to write him little post-its and send e-mail reminders about stuff. He actually really wants to remember stuff and be reliable, but he has the absent-minded professor syndrome.
    Ugh. I had this problem in my last relationship. My ex would often ask me to do something, or not to do something, and (justifiably) became upset when I would forget what she few seconds later. Her frustration toward me was a factor in why our relationship ended. Given that she was SEI and that people are oriented toward their duals, I wonder if ILEs would be more reliable in this way: it would seem counter-intuitive, though I’m not very sure how ILEs tend to act in relationships.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    You keep replying to LII threads but it says your type is EII in your profile, so what is your type?
    I identify as a solid xII/ne type, but fi and Delta are overall more accurate for me I believe. It's interesting to look at posts from a slightly different perspective, and not to be confined to one section and posts pertaining to one type, and I can relate to aspects relating to LII, even if EII fits the bill more.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Ugh. I had this problem in my last relationship. My ex would often ask me to do something, or not to do something, and (justifiably) became upset when I would forget what she few seconds later. Her frustration toward me was a factor in why our relationship ended. Given that she was SEI and that people are oriented toward their duals, I wonder if ILEs would be more reliable in this way: it would seem counter-intuitive, though I’m not very sure how ILEs tend to act in relationships.
    Continuing on the theme that LII's and LIE's do similar things for very different reasons, I also forget everything. An IEI that I work with just takes this as part of who I am, and she kids me about it every time she sees me.

She (sarcastically): "You probably don't remember this, but....(you are an idiot)...."
    Me, thinking: "Huh. She's right. I actually don't remember that."

On the other hand, my ESI duals remember everything. They seem to accept the fact that I don't and they are always ready to remind me about the true facts of the situation. I find this to be one of their more valuable traits.

Never once has one of them reproached me for forgetting something. I tell them truthfully that I don't remember anything, and they just fill in the blanks. I'm guessing that they don't really see that part of me as being a problem, and/or they instead appreciate more the fact that I'm a public face for them, that I have clear and definite solutions (which they frequently modify by stating facts), and that I'm a forward thinker.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Continuing on the theme that LII's and LIE's do similar things for very different reasons, I also forget everything. An IEI that I work with just takes this as part of who I am, and she kids me about it every time she sees me.
    The difference between LIE's and LII's is information growth. More specifically and definitely, it is the concavity of the velocity of information generated over information fed.

So introverts are convex information processors and extraverts are concave information processors. And because there's no such thing in real life as a information processor that's both concave and convex, ambiverts don't exist.

What does concave or convex information processor mean? It means this: if you feed an LII 20% of a textbook, he generates 10% of knowledge. If you feed him 200% of a textbook, he generates 20% of knowledge, and so on. This is why LII's think in generalities and why you can make them take 5000 tests that categorize them as LII and they still ask "umm what's my type again?"

If you feed an LIE 20% of a textbook, he generates 50% of knowledge. If you feed him 30% of a textbook, he's already generated 500% of knowledge. They don't take personslity tests, because by the time they understand it they've already gamed it and start complaining that the test was too easy.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krieger View Post
    I assume people are unreliable. It's the only sensible thing to do.

I forget about some detail of the assignment, or end up committing to it in a half-assed way because something more important turned up.
    same here. i can never trust anyone because i am always on high alert, picking out what doesn't fit, which other people don't notice. for instance, it doesn't occur to many people now that I've been in college a while and I've known immigrant friends who came with their parents to apply BEFORE the deadline, and even my own family makes similar mistakes, so I just do it myself, but yet when others expect things of me I can't understand why it's so important, especially being on the spectrum, and I just fail on purpose.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also forget everything. So many things overwhelm me at once, and then just as I'm about to do one last thing, another thing shows up and i implode or explode a little.

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The kind of reliability that I would expect from LII is in what they say...... like I would expect them to be fair, and unbias.... and maybe a bit harsh sometimes..... but I'd rather harsh than unfair/bias

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also do TI doms have a good memory for the names of things, because it's a TI category?? I often struggle with this.....

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    Also do TI doms have a good memory for the names of things, because it's a TI category?? I often struggle with this.....
    It is because Ti make connections about a certain thing and forming connections result in good memory.

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    It is because Ti make connections about a certain thing and forming connections result in good memory.
    Well if this is a TI thing then its good to know! because it's all good when I have google in front of me..... but I'm not going to reach for the phone when i'm having a conversation with someone IRL unless i'm really desperate... so yeah I can come across like i've got dementia sometimes when I'm trying to think of the words for things ....

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say so. I find more rational types tend to be more steady and reliable. I would trust an INTj over an ENTp more over most things personally. That take it a bit more seriously IMO.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

my LII daddy was very reliable... and also loyal. 1D Fe made him super stern and serious many times though. if they are not in a proper Fe envrionment, the 1D Fe in LII can seem so savage. =D

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    my LII daddy was very reliable... and also loyal. 1D Fe made him super stern and serious many times though. if they are not in a proper Fe envrionment, the 1D Fe in LII can seem so savage. =D
    Savage? How do you mean?

TIM
    LII/INTj-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reliable if it's in the "important" category in my mind. If it's in the "trivial" category I'll forget about it. Unfortunately, most things are in the "trivial" category.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It can be difficult for someone to convince me to do something because in order for me to agree, I must be sure that I can pull it off perfectly. I have a very good memory but I have very selective input so generally if I "forgot" something, it likely means that I really did not acquire the information when it was imparted. I can be looking straight at someone with my senses completely shut off. I have not met a LII who didn't deliver what he promised although I've known a few who wouldn't promise.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    It can be difficult for someone to convince me to do something because in order for me to agree, I must be sure that I can pull it off perfectly. I have a very good memory but I have very selective input so generally if I "forgot" something, it likely means that I really did not acquire the information when it was imparted. I can be looking straight at someone with my senses completely shut off. I have not met a LII who didn't deliver what he promised although I've known a few who wouldn't promise.

a.k.a. I/O
    At work, do you say you cannot do something?

I noticed, I generally think that I can find a way, hence I say that I can do it, eventhough I haven't done such a thing before.

However, in my lifetime, I always kept my promises and if I know that I cannot deliver something, I don't promise. It is just that I think I can do stuff at work, I thought that was Ne kind of arrogance. When people say they cannot do something, I think they are giving execuses. I may say I cannot make it done to X deadline or I cannot do it in a certain way though or if it cannot be done due to other external conditions, I can explain those.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    At work, do you say you cannot do something?......
    Much in my line of work is a negotiation. If I can't deliver, I will say so, and I'll say why - that leads to negotiation. Sometimes I have to undertake risky things with the executive/clients expecting only best effort as an outcome but I don't usually do that in my private life.

a.k.a. I/O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12