Thread: Hitta's Divine Explanation of Model B

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Hitta's Divine Explanation of Model B

Model B takes Model A to a much more in depth, and actually uses Jungian functions as they were intended to be used. Model was first developed by Alessandro Bukalov in the early 90s. And yes I am extremely bored, otherwise I wouldn't be writing about Socionics.

There is are a few fundamental problems in the way that functions are assigned in MBTI and Socionics. The first is that with every action that a person's body produces, there is an mental deterministic reason for the action. Every willful action performed is preceded by some mental thought process based around the area of action. Another is that in Model A, there is a failure to realize that the expertise of a function is in every single individual; not just select individuals. What this means is, a person in Model A that would be considered "aggressive" or "action-oriented" would usually have the function Se assigned to them as being dominant. But what of the people that are more "dormant" or "restrained". Most would assume that "Si" would be the function assigned to these traits, but there is a problem with this; as these are positive/extraverted traits that are overtly identifiable. These two issues are the main reasons that Bukalov formed a 16 component model to assign both introverted and extraverted parts of a functional continuum. The 3rd thing, and perhaps the most important thing, is that the model shows the flaws in the J/P issue; and gives them overt functional basis. Usually the behaviors that are idiotically attributed to J/P are usually identified by the quadra's valued perceiving function.

What this means:

Disclaimer:
    It is sort of misleading to identify functions by their ego traits, as information metabolism causes a function to work on several different layers of a person's identity.

Functional Differences:

Judging Functions:

-Ti/+Te v.s. +Ti/-Te

-Ti/+Te: Alphas and Deltas use this functional continuum. It is a judging function, meaning that the role of this set of functions isn't so much the area of information that they are using, but more how they deal with the information. The functions main basis is reductionism(not in a philosophical context). The function involves breaking information down. Above all else, the function is a purifier, always looking at the whys and hows; trying to find some sort of explanation to the phenomenon that they are presented with. Because of this, they have a hard time "accepting" information provided as a standard. This is especially true in the case of Alphas(I'll get to this later). In certain contexts, can create awkwardness and social angst due to an inability to accept social decorum as a standard.

+Ti/-Te: Betas and Gammas use this functional continuum. It is a judging function so it doesn't have anything to do with the area of expertise. The functions involves common sense intelligence. This function attempts to find the "proper" way to do something; using the social decorum and repetitious logic as a backbone for solving problems. They usually believe there is a right way to proceed; and this right way is usually based upon a pattern of accepting certain standards.

+Fi/-Fe v.s. -Fi/+Fe

+Fi/-Fe

This is the dualized function of -Ti/+Te; which means there is a direct relationship between how they work. This function maintains the logical uncertainty of -Ti/+Te, but brings it into the field of subjective emotions towards certain objects or areas. Usually this results in a lack of subjective emotional "rules" in which to base their subjective emotions upon. This usually results in "universalism". These people have a hard time creating a emotional database of things that they like or dislike completely. This usually results in people that value this function attempting to treat everyone equal without submitting to one philosophy or another(because of the human aspect of things, this will not always be 100% accurate; more of a demeanor). This sometimes can create problems for people with this function because they are unwilling to bend to the will of one person while leaving another stranded.

-Fi/+Fe

A dualized function based on +Ti/-Te, which means there is a direct relationship with how they work. The same standard that existed in the logical side of this function are brought into the subjective emotional world. This usually results in a flaw finding demeanor, in which they are looking for a perfected version of the object of desire. Problem with this function is it can(note the word can) cause relationship issues due to the person's inability to accept flaws. For some this may result in the person trying to correct their spouse, in others possibly a complete disconnection/break up. Romantics who constantly dream for the perfect person to come along.

Note on these function: Everyone probably experiences them all from time to time, which is why I do not believe in exact categories and static types.

Perceiving Functions:

+Ni/-Ne v.s -Ni/+Ne

+Ni/-Ne
    This function is shared by Gammas and Deltas. It is a perceiving function so it involves the area in which the person projects themselves in. This function is more or less dependent on looking at themselves as "part of the typical mold". They tend to think of the world as a wonderful place in which they can fit in and enjoy the wonderful little eccentricities that the world has to offer. They are people person's, who are usually loyal and do not like to step on the toes of people. There is a certain level of confidence projected in this, as they feel like the world is a wonderful place in which they are a part of. Enemy of the alternate route(unless the alternate route is something that catches on in the social world). This doesn't mean they aren't creative, just don't like to project change into something they believe is beautiful and wonderful already.

-Ni/+Ne

A function that is shared by Alphas and Betas. It is a perceiving function so it involves the area in which the person projects themselves in. Typically enjoys "breaking the mold". Looks at the world as uninteresting and too normal/static. Individualistic, usually believing that they have the potential to be better than the average and mediocre. This does not necessarily mean that they don't have groups of friends and do not like to fit in sometimes(more of a demeanor). Not exactly stable, possibly going in repetitious patterns between aggressive and withdrawn(possibly due to confidence issues). Looks at the world as a tool to reach the higher self, the more creative self. Can be overly selfish given the right circumstances.

+Se/-Si

Dualized function based on +Ni/-Ne, which means it has a direct relationship. Brings the philosophical energy of the intuitive dualized function into the material world. Static, stabilizing energy. Usually having a lot of willpower because of their loyal belief into their mission following the energy of the social decorum. Wins battles by sticking to the plan. Easily socializes, genuinely feels at one with everyone else.

-Se/+Si

Dualized function based on -Ni/+Ne. Brings philosophical energy of the intuitive function into the material world. Aggression, creative energy. Usually has a strong desire to be different, and goes head first into it. Can be rather bi-polaresqe with their energy patterns, the massive amounts of energy they put into their creative work can often not be sustained. Often at times finds hidden energy to bring themselves to another level. Can be rather eccentric with their believes and how they express them. In certain scenarios can be selfish, always wanting to get over the average results.

Note: Everyone uses all of these functions to some degree.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's baaaa-aaaaaaack

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understood all that.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't read it. It hurts.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if you have a question ask, I do not look like a bitch, and I only like it when I am fucked by Mrs. Wallace.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to consider dimensions in your explanation. Otherwise, looks good.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have some questions about + and - elements. Doesn't it matter which one is first? That is, +Ni/-Ne is probably different than -Ne/+Ni. How can we interpret the difference? What exactly are + and - elements, that is, how do they interact to produce the combinations described?

Just like Alpha/Beta and Gamma/Delta are divided by T/F polarization, and Alpha/Delta and Beta/Gamma by N/S polarization (corresponding to valuing information elements, but also to Reinin dichotomies of merry/serious and judicious/decisive), the order of the elements (positive/negative perception vs negative/positive perception, and analogically judgment) divides quadras into Alpha/Gamma and Beta/Delta, which corresponds with Democratic/Aristocratic dichotomy. That is, +Ni/-Ne, +Ne/-Ni, +Se/-Si and +Si/-Se are Democratic, while the other combinations (negative/positive perception with positive/negative judgment) is Aristocratic. Is there an explanation of this dichotomy in Model B?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'+' tries to create a situation, while '-' tries to infer an existing one.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

hmm... soo.....

1. Model A "
    Illusionary relations" would have identical Accepting functions, and so would maybe have the same understanding and conclusions and ideals of reality but utilize it in completely different ways?
    [ENTp-INFp ISFp-ESTp ESFj-INFj INTj-ESTj ENFj-ISFj ISTj-ENTj ESFp-ISTp INTp-ENFp]

2. Model A "Semi-duality relations" would have identical Producing functions, and so would maybe have similar approach to leaving an impact on society yet possess different personal interests?
    [ENTp-ISTp ISFp-ENFp ESFj-ISTj INTj-ENFj ESTp-INTp INFp-ESFp ENTj-INFj ISFj-ESTj]

or am I completely off.
    Also according to accepting/producing characteristics, criticism of Producing elements are taken more personally and painfully than Accepting ones (especially the minus PoLR function), which would mean that the Semi-duality relations should feel better fit to join forces than the illusionary. Or something, idk. I was quite frankly just bored. ^^

3. Each Accepting pair (like LII-LSE) attacks the same PoLR in others while producing pairs (LII-EIE) share the same PoLR; along with this, it is said that Minus PoLR is the most sensitive to minus leading functions, meaning that LII with Ti- is arguably more painful to IEI's Ti- PoLR than LSE's Te+ is to IEI's Te+ PoLR, okay and LSE too can use Ti-, but just an interesting thought; unless the function pairs in the model are somehow different in priority and consciousness....

[So just for the sake of typing myself.... LII conflicts with IEI/SEE; IEI conflicts with LII/LSE; EII conflicts with SLE/SEI. Hm.... I'm not IEI then at least. I think LII fits best imo, especially with Ti- Ne+, Si+ and Fe-]
    Last edited by chrys; 09-01-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Hitta where can I find more information on Model B?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! So according to this scheme the duals are actually:

IEE- SEI
    LSE-ESI
    ILE-SLI
    ESE-LSI
    EIE-LII
    SLE-ILI
    SEE-IEI
    LIE-EII

...it makes lots of sense

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghouse View Post
    where can I find more information on Model B?
    input "соционика модель б" into a search engine and you'll find a number of articles about it

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hybris theory View Post
    Wow! So according to this scheme the duals are actually:

ILE-SLI

...it makes lots of sense
    I can't be dual with ILE, they are not hot.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aw my mum was an SLI and my dad an ILE, they were just too cute : ) My mum was the one who approached him first for how hot she thought he was... but I get you

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyway I'm digging so much into the + and - signs for Model B... it's becoming an obsession.. there's much truth in here (leaving the correct duals apart, I was a bit vented when said that)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@hybris theory my male best friend is ILE, we have a lot of intellectual understanding, honesty and fun together, but I can't feel attracted to him as I feel attracted to IEEs . Its like something completely different, dunno.
    Last edited by Hope; 08-20-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This model seems to address something real ime. Would make my dominant function Ne-/Ni+(same as ILI, but 'inverted'). That Se+ and Si- are two faces of the same coin explains at least why I like Gamma Se more than expected and dislike Alpha Si+(too comfort oriented, too 'superficial') less than expected for a Ne subtype.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow yeah, totally explains how ,y LSE cat gets along so well with my ESI dog! holy shit brah!

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf no matter which Se lead I am, I can’t get away from IEI. So fucked up. I want all Beta NFs eradicated to avoid any future run ins.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    Wtf no matter which Se lead I am, I can’t get away from IEI. So fucked up. I want all Beta NFs eradicated to avoid any future run ins.
    Did somebody say IEI?

you know you love us don't be afraid to admit it

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I actually don’t. But just because I don’t like a category doesn’t mean I can’t like an individual from that category or if I like a category that I’ll like all the individuals from it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's because IEIs have a naturally ubiquitous nature nobody can really escape from. =p