TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    Not another SLE/IEI thread...

Just messing with you. I think this one is older than the other one you are thinking about.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

Just messing with you. I think this one is older than the other one you are thinking about.
    Oh, I'm just sick of these because it's done more than literally any other duality pair and all buff and manly men are assumed to be SLE while all pretty and subdued women are assumed to be IEI, and there are literally no other SLEs or IEIs besides said groups. I mean, why can't we see more dualities like LII/ESE, SLI/IEE, etc.? I would also prefer to see the real thing rather than just silly stereotypes.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Oh, I'm just sick of these because it's done more than literally any other duality pair and all buff and manly men are assumed to be SLE while all pretty and subdued women are assumed to be IEI, and there are literally no other SLEs or IEIs besides said groups. I mean, why can't we see more dualities like LII/ESE, SLI/IEE, etc.? I would also prefer to see the real thing rather than just silly stereotypes.
    There are plenty of duality discussions on this forum. You tend to find what you fixate on because you are looking for it and missing the others. I don't mean you personally. This thread doesn't exactly follow the stereotypes as much as others. This kind of stuff does follow trends though. When I joined fresh faced, wide eyed females were typed IEI, almost by default even when their words contradicted the typing. Some people type you Ni if you post about certain topics or write about imagination/fantasy. Fi if you have strong personal feeling on any issues. Fe if you use smileys...

Some of those females went on to choose other types for themselves. Based on SLE I know I wouldn't say they are particularly buff and manly can mean so many different things so most of that is fantasy. I know several people into weight training, religiously, and none are SLE.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen I know, I just said that was the stereotype...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Based on SLE I know I wouldn't say they are particularly buff and manly can mean so many different things so most of that is fantasy.
    There are types descriptions. They contain common traits of types, which were called as "stereotypes" here. So most of this is not fantasy.

Why are there many SLE-men/IEI-women duals examples? Maybe because these types are closest to romantic ideals of masculinity and femininity - warrior and princess. If TV/books showed other characters mostly, like for example autistic scientist-man with active housewife then we'd had similar quantity of INT*-ESF* examples. Also it's easier to find Fe types among actors and singers. INFPs I also meet more often among bloggers than INFJs, hence I give more examples with them.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    There are types descriptions. They contain common traits of types, which were called as "stereotypes" here. So most of this is not fantasy.

Why are there many SLE-men/IEI-women duals examples? Maybe because these types are closest to romantic ideals of masculinity and femininity - warrior and princess. If TV/books showed other characters mostly, like for example autistic scientist-man with active housewife then we'd had similar quantity of INT*-ESF* examples. Also it's easier to find Fe types among actors and singers. INFPs I also meet more often among bloggers than INFJs, hence I give more examples with them.
    Warrior and princess is still fantasy. Even I know that, sol.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

Why are there many SLE-men/IEI-women duals examples? Maybe because these types are closest to romantic ideals of masculinity and femininity - warrior and princess. If TV/books showed other characters mostly, like for example autistic scientist-man with active housewife then we'd had similar quantity of INT*-ESF* examples.
    in my experience one male type will see their duals characteristics as most *feminine* no matter type. and i know very well beta is overrepresentated on this site because many fit the poor descriptions at first.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    in my experience one male type will see their duals characteristics as most *feminine* no matter type
    Сulture affects everybody. Those, duals of which are far from cultural image, may to have bi-polar taste, or to follow social image even not feeling it inside. As result, those natural taste of which is far from cultural image may help to find examples based on cultural image, while being lesser active in finding examples based on their own taste. And we get the disproportion.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugly Boy by Die Antwoord. Not saying Die Antwoord is Beta but this song reminds me of IEI/SLE... because SLE can feel ugly until IEI sees them. IEI = Beauty, SLE = Beast.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMK0prafzw0
    Last edited by Pole; 10-20-2016 at 02:02 PM.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not another SLE/IEI thread...
    Well it is in the Beta quadra part of the forum.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Ninja View Post
    Ugly Boy by Die Antwoord. Not saying Die Antwoord is Beta but this song reminds me of IEI/SLE... because SLE can feel ugly until IEI sees them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMK0prafzw0
    I want to make a statement that the women in Antwoord is a sensor.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think these may be female SLE-IEI Duals

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I would think EIE-LSI actually

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    ^ I would think EIE-LSI actually
    At least not IEI, the dreamy lyric. She uses more energy in that video than IEI's will expend throughout their life time.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amerie is beautiful. Now I want to cry tears of nostalgia for the early 2000s.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wishful thinking I guess. Well Amerie is probably rational, but I'm still not sure Eve is.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ha, I think Amerie is ESE or SEE. No dreaminess detected.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123