Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Might I actually be INTp?

Creepy-

Default Might I actually be INTp?

After Cheerio's type thread and CuriousSoul's comment about the creative function (after having posted this thread), I thought I might be completely delusional about my type.

As far as hidden agenda goes, I'm prepared to leave open the possibility that I might not understand !

I'm more sensitive to criticism about my "emotionality" than my logic. I feel shattered if someone suggests I'm annoying, or that I have inappropriate emotions. Criticism about my methodology etc. is generally met with aggression.

Discuss :wink:

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't explain in terms of your functional preferences but from the way you interact and your pictures I'd be very suprised if you were INTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-

If I wasn't INTp could I possibly be a logical type of some kind? It might make more functional sense to be a type who has poor control of (INFps are meant to be able to control it) and poor awareness of (which would really only rule out Delta NF and Gamma SF).

edit: my language disorder could also account for having demented

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I can't explain in terms of your functional preferences but from the way you interact and your pictures I'd be very suprised if you were INTp.
    Pictures? What pictures?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp...I doubt. I agree you do not project a strong feeler impression with your texts but so far no INTp vibes. Just a "feeling" but you seem to like Ti a lot more than Te. Then You often like to (critically) comment on what INTjs write which gives me benefactor vibes. And you have selected a probable INFp lady in your avatar with emotionally loaded look and comment. Would be weird selection for an NT.

Not a good case for INFp but if you make a poll now I will vote against INTp, not likely vote for INTj either. So unless you "convert" to extroverted type I vote for INFp from what I've seen so far

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're no INTp.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Pictures? What pictures?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking at INTp pictures the other day and I noticed a certain kind of bone structure. You really don't seem to have it. You don't have the INTp vibe either, but that could just be because you're a girl.

But you do look like my twin friends quite a lot. Shape of the face, hint of friendliness even with the serious face, the eyes, the eyebrows... Even my sister saw the resemblance. :wink: I thought they might be something close to ISFj, because we get along well, but one of them didn't really agree with the description. Now I'm considering they might be INFj, but I don't know any INFjs for sure and they haven't read the description yet. And they are very similar, so I'm quite sure they're the same type. And now I really think that the 3 of you are the same type.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I was looking at INTp pictures the other day and I noticed a certain kind of bone structure. You really don't seem to have it.
    This is true!

But you do look like my twin friends quite a lot. Shape of the face, hint of friendliness even with the serious face, the eyes, the eyebrows... Even my sister saw the resemblance. :wink: I thought they might be something close to ISFj, because we get along well, but one of them didn't really agree with the description. Now I'm considering they might be INFj, but I don't know any INFjs for sure and they haven't read the description yet. And they are very similar, so I'm quite sure they're the same type. And now I really think that the 3 of you are the same type.
    If they're the same type as me, they're not INFj, I'm sorry . If there's anything I'm not, it's dominant. It has been established that my sucks mightily.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    If there's anything I'm not, it's dominant. It has been established that my sucks mightily.
    Assuming that I understand (I tried initially to leave open the possibility that I do not but I appear to have slipped again!)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    OMG QUESTIONING TYPE YOU MUST BE ENTP!!!!

ENTpishy!!
    ZOMG!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely INTp. you look exactly like someone i once new...
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ishy, which type do you indentify with more when reading the decsriptions on this site and the + - decsriptions?

Creepy-

Definately -Ne over +Ne, as for the Ni, I'm not really sure , though I don't really govern the time of other people.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess I should have specified that I meant the postive and negative attributes decsriptions on socionics.com. I understand how that wasnt very clear. Those are the decsriptions that struck me and my mom while reading them by how blunt where at describing real people(or at least seemed to...).

Im not sure how I feel about + and - aspects of functions, i dont really understand what it means and I identify with some characteristics of both Ne+ and Ne- for example so it confuzzles me.

Creepy-

Ok, I'll do that now...

Bold = Yes!
    Red = No!
    No formatting = unsure or doesn't swing that far either way.

INFp [+] and [-]

If your type is Intuitive-Ethical Intratim - INFp (The Romantic):

(positive +)

You are a very romantic person and have an excellent imagination. You appreciate beauty in both art and life. Your creative nature cannot stand greyness and regularity. You always bring an element of elegance and originality to any situation. You understand others moods and dispositions well and will often use your good sense of humour to uplift friends and family. You posses a rich variety of emotions and you can apply it to many situations. You depend greatly on your emotions to guide you. Sometimes you show great feeling for people and may often idealise others. Wherever you go you often create an atmosphere of elation and optimism.

(negative -)

You have a tendency to be led by lofty aspirations to an easy life. You often complain about your emotional and physical state. Eventually you can cause people to tire of you and even doubt your honesty concerning your well being. Sometimes you waste lots of time on small talk and fruitless dreaming instead of realistic activity. You have difficulty forcing yourself to do uninteresting, everyday chores, especially if finances and household economy are involved. You often cannot resist buying something that catches your eye sometimes causing you to exceed your budget.
    INTp [+] and [-]

If your type is Intuitive-Logical Intratim - INTp (The Observer):

(positive +)

Your strongest virtue is an ability to foresee future events. You can predict how a particular situation will develop over time and then give some useful advice about approaching troubles and difficulties. You also have a well-developed imagination. You are curious and can easily accumulate large amounts of information about any interesting subject. You are cautious, prudent, wise and clear-sighted person. You have the ability to create good conditions in which to function, rationally organising your work and leisure. You know how to stimulate others to business activities and enterprises so that they can achieve a high financial status. You have excellent erudition.

(negative -)

You can often be extremely pedantic. Sometimes you pay so much attention to certain jobs that this waste of time and energy can lead you to become fatigued and even to lose interest in the work. Sometimes you can become obsessed with the quality and freshness of food. You are very conservative in your tastes and habits. You can often be excessively sceptical about new ideas and new projects, especially if a project requires lots of energy and enthusiasm for its development. This can cause you to become more conservative and passive if you are involved in such projects. You also have a tendency to perceive life pessimistically.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting from that it seems you are more INTp. It just kinda stands out to me more even if not everything is true.

What do you think?

Creepy-

I think you're right! (Isn't it funny how now you might be INFp and I might be INTp...)

I was actually quite skeptical, but the evidence seems to be pointing in that direction...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I think that the highlighted bits mainly confirmed that you are dominant.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-

Actually I think that the highlighted bits mainly confirmed that you are dominant.
    Pretty much. I wasn't going to go doubt that!

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is kinda funny. For the sake that it might help us both out, Ishy, do you mind if I whore your thread by highliting the decsriptions for me?

I always thought you were just a hidden agenda slut!

Although I do find it kind of funny that you are more amused by "logical theory bla blah blah" shit than I am.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    It is kinda funny. For the sake that it might help us both out, Ishy, do you mind if I whore your thread by highliting the decsriptions for me?
    Go ahead

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

**Ok, those aspects highlighted in bold are true.

**the phrases not highlited in bold are the ones I have no particular resemblance with.

If your type is Intuitive-Ethical Intratim - INFp (The Romantic):

You are a very romantic person and have an excellent imagination. You appreciate beauty in both art and life. Your creative nature cannot stand greyness and regularity. You always bring an element of elegance and originality to any situation. You understand others moods and dispositions well and will often use your good sense of humour to uplift friends and family. You posses a rich variety of emotions and you can apply it to many situations. You depend greatly on your emotions to guide you. Sometimes you show great feeling for people and may often idealise others. Wherever you go you often create an atmosphere of elation and optimism.

You have a tendency to be led by lofty aspirations to an easy life. You often complain about your emotional
    and physical state. Eventually you can cause people to tire of you and even doubt your honesty concerning your well being. Sometimes you waste lots of time on small talk and fruitless dreaming instead of realistic activity. You have difficulty forcing yourself to do uninteresting, everyday chores, especially if finances and household economy are involved. You often cannot resist buying something that catches your eye sometimes causing you to exceed your budget.
    If your type is Intuitive-Logical Intratim - INTp (The Observer):

Your strongest virtue is an ability to foresee future events. You can predict how a particular situation will develop over time and then give some useful advice about approaching troubles and difficulties. You also have a well-developed imagination. You are curious and can easily accumulate large amounts of information about any interesting subject. You are cautious, prudent, wise and clear-sighted person. You have the ability to create good conditions in which to function, rationally organising your work and leisure. You know how to stimulate others to business activities and enterprises so that they can achieve a high financial status. You have excellent erudition.

You can often be extremely pedantic. Sometimes you pay so much attention to certain jobs that this waste of time and energy can lead you to become fatigued and even to lose interest in the work. Sometimes you can become obsessed with the quality and freshness of food. You are very conservative in your tastes and habits. You can often be excessively sceptical about new ideas and new projects, especially if a project requires lots of energy and enthusiasm for its development. This can cause you to become more conservative and passive if you are involved in such projects. You also have a tendency to perceive life pessimistically.
    Well, there you have it...

Creepy-

I'm still extremely amused by this switch!

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is ironic, lol.

You know what would be interesting? To do the same highliting thing with the ISFp and ISTp profiles + -. That might be even more shocking. I for example, idnetify more with ISFp than with ISTp!

What do you think?

Creepy-

Jesus Christ it's ISTp over ISFp no arguments

I'm actually a little scared now.

ISFp [+] and [-]

If your type is Sensory-Ethical Intratim - ISFp (The Peacemaker):

POSITIVE

The strongest element of your character is your ability to find pastimes that fill your life with joy and happiness. You are irreplaceable when it comes to organising leisure time and entertainment. You are in your creative element when surrounded by beauty, a warm atmosphere, good company and good food. You really know how to enjoy life. You prefer spending your leisure time with friends, family and among nature rather than in more physical activities. You are a peaceful and diplomatic person and know well how to avoid confrontations and conflicts. You know how to make others happy. You always try to uplift any situation, turning negative into positive. You have patience for others inability's and shortcomings. When you interact with others you are always tactful, polite and do not like to pressurise or push people.

NEGATIVE

One of your problems is a lack of foresight. When undertaking a project you are not always able to accurately assess its future potential and therefore you often expect to see a return in the short term. Where projects are concerned, you also have a tendency to confuse what you wish to see with what is actually there, so others may think you are not a serious person. You do not like officialdom and formality, instead you prefer to deal with people in an informal way. Your major problem is a lack of motivation and the ability to push yourself when it comes to work matters, especially where uninteresting yet essential tasks are involved. Sometimes you make promises that you cannot keep.
    ISTp [+] and [-]

If your type is Sensory-Logical Intratim - ISTp (The Artisan):

POSITIVE

The strongest element of your personality is an inexhaustible curiosity towards the phenomena of the surrounding world. You are interested in adventure, tourism, the juxtaposition of cultures and the study of nature and architecture. Your fundamental need is comfort, both in material and physical areas. You aspire to a harmonious, peaceful and healthy style of life. You also have a well-developed aesthetic taste. You have a good business sense. You usually only undertake projects that you feel will be beneficial to you in a material sense and you stay away from unprofitable ventures. You can work very hard to achieve your goal. Your method of working is purposeful, steady and with attention to details. You plan every detail of your work beforehand and prepare all necessary items before, often showing inventiveness and practicality.

NEGATIVE

You possess a great deal of scepticism, which stems from your own experiences. This manifests itself in a pessimistic view towards your future. It often causes depression and despondency and leads to apathy, both in your personal and professional life. Your weakness is an inability to show your real feelings to others and because of this others may think that you are a cold and indifferent person. You try to deal with your problems alone. You can be very sensitive to the lack of positive emotions, rude behaviour or tactlessness towards you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be. This just means that those descriptions suck.

Although, if you are INTp, what am I? I thought we had something going here...

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Baby

True!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are INFP. stop trying to get attention.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    In which case can you account for the issues brought up in the original post?

Oh is she really INFp?

Quote Originally Posted by Baby

Although, if you are INTp, what am I? I thought we had something going here...
    You are INTp too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What issues?

The creative function thing? CuriousSoul only said that because his creative function is a perceiving one; it works differently for dynamic types.

Also, you are IxxP. That would explian the rest about being fragile in terms of Extraverted Judgment.

You are just no INTP, sorry. Not only did Baby say that you two sounded exactly the same, but I have also told you that you sound like others people with Te PoLR (hell, I even remarked you sounded like Baby, remember?).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

What issues?

The creative function thing? CuriousSoul only said that because his creative function is a perceiving one; it works differently for dynamic types.

Also, you are IxxP. That would explian the rest about being fragile in terms of Extraverted Judgment.

You are just no INTP, sorry. Not only did Baby say that you two sounded exactly the same, but I have also told you that you sound like others people with Te PoLR (hell, I even remarked you sounded like Baby, remember?).
    Thanks, it's cleared up a bit now. No-one had explained this to me before, you see.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I'm sorry for the lack of useful type information and opinions...but...

...you're preeeeeetty. ^_^

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    I'm sorry for the lack of useful type information and opinions...but...

...you're preeeeeetty. ^_^

(Nothing like having a pretty person tell ing you that you're pretty too!)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just to double check that those descriptions suck, what do you think about the decsriptions on this website?INFp or INTp?(go ahead and flame me guys, I know Im not being PC, but Id like to see if Im on to something)

Creepy-

hmm I can't be bothered doing the highlighting right now, but the INFp description on this website fits me pretty well (not that the INTp doesn't fit me at all but I will look later!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast