Thread: Which type is most likely to succeed?

Hybrid View

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which type is most likely to succeed?

Discuss.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question is too vague in of itself. It depends on how you define success. If you're thinking success in terms of achieving the American Dream, I'd say LIE, mainly because America as a culture seems pretty LIE-oriented.

If you thinking more in terms of relationship success or being happily married with children, maybe a type like ESE.

If you're thinking of success with just being happy and feeling fulfilled, that's not type related IMO.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which type has the best eyes?
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII does calculus better than anyone else.

Yeah, I agree with WL.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which type would most likely be voted most likely to succeed?

ESFp no doubt.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Which type is most likely to have a successful suicide attempt?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    The suicidal type.

All others die in the end anyway.
    wat
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Discuss.
    I'm surprised to see a question like this coming from you actually. I don't think this can really be type-related at all, seeing that there's so many forms of success and there isn't really a type that is self-damaging really. It sounds like a person-to-person variation that type can't predict.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ExTjs are succesful in the sense that their definition of success perfectly matches that of being stuck in a hard-work-trap.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is the cutest dual couple?
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE-LII
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Please ignore me everyone, no need to answer to me directly, I'm just stating something for the record. If you like to debate it, please do but don't expect me to answer.)

This is a particularly interesting question I've been playing with myself lately.
    Firstly, success implies a result. So it's the application of a creative function. So only creative subtypes compete in this skill IMO.
    Second, success implies a positive result by the very nature of the meaning of the word. To the static types the continuance of the journey is the objective whereas dynamic types feel enjoyment at actually reaching a goal. So only dynamic types apply.
    So we come to a question, do we mean success in a particular issue, in which case Te and Fe of IP's seems to be the function to use (though they achieve this by seeming like losers in a more general sense of the word) or just success as a generally positive outcome in which case we should be talking about Ej-Si and Ni (though they achieve this by making innumerable, but particular sacrifices in their own life and losing a lot in that way).
    (Basically dynamics are losers during the journey but can reach success, statics lead a winner's life but lose in the end.)

That's all. Again, sorry for the intrusion.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    (Please ignore me everyone, no need to answer to me directly, I'm just stating something for the record. If you like to debate it, please do but don't expect me to answer.)

This is a particularly interesting question I've been playing with myself lately.
    Firstly, success implies a result. So it's the application of a creative function. So only creative subtypes compete in this skill IMO.
    Second, success implies a positive result by the very nature of the meaning of the word. To the static types the continuance of the journey is the objective whereas dynamic types feel enjoyment at actually reaching a goal. So only dynamic types apply.
    So we come to a question, do we mean success in a particular issue, in which case Te and Fe of IP's seems to be the function to use (though they achieve this by seeming like losers in a more general sense of the word) or just success as a generally positive outcome in which case we should be talking about Ej-Si and Ni (though they achieve this by making innumerable, but particular sacrifices in their own life and losing a lot in that way).
    (Basically dynamics are losers during the journey but can reach success, statics lead a winner's life but lose in the end.)

aw
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The types to succeed are the ones most willing to work hard, smart, and have some blind luck. =]
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post

This is pretty good, also a good reason to find your dual or even a activity or benefit relation. Everyone gets to win.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Yes, I agree with this. The Creating function in particular seems to signify a kind of volitional activity, a process that the person controls, and the result is intended to be a success of some kind. On the other hand, the Accepting functions seem to me to signify an event that requires a defensive reaction, either through acceptance of the circumstances (Limiting/Dynamic), or defiance of these (Empowering/Static).

Second, success implies a positive result by the very nature of the meaning of the word.
    True. Nevertheless, I think the point at which the person believes s/he is succesful at the task is the Limiting/Creating/Static function. This is why I explained this state as contradictory to you. The success is at the point where no amount of effort allows you to do better than you have so far. Statics tend to assume to have reached this point too soon, whereas Dynamics postpone it ad infinitum.

To the static types the continuance of the journey is the objective whereas dynamic types feel enjoyment at actually reaching a goal.
    So I have to say this is something I disagree with. Dynamics are in a state of positive discovery where new information keeps opening insights into a problem. The newly discovered information keeps making the problem seem more complex than it had before, but as long as the person is in this information gathering process s/he keeps getting closer to perfection. There is a mixed sense of optimism and lacking faith in one's abilities*. In Statics the attitude is opposite: pessimistic towards the oppurtunities allowed by the problem, but seeing oneself as some kind of hero for noticing this.

* user Jonathan used to display this attitude very clearly. He was always pointing out ways in which the problem at hand was more complex than others had assumed it to be so far, with visible enthusiasm. At the same time, he never manifested the arrogance of suggesting he had the ability to solve the problems where others failed. This, imo, is what Creating/Dynamic/Empowering is all about.

Just thought I'd tell you my version of the story.

edit: there are also times when Creating/Empowering/Dynamic signifies an activity where the person uses their incomplete knowledge of an issue in a risk-taking kind of way; one does not need to fully understand the issue to act upon it.
    Last edited by krieger; 04-14-2010 at 07:24 PM.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My own of course!