Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How does delta fill the emptiness inside?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

A lack of wishes and interests relates to depressive symptoms.
    To this resist an activity in superid regions and to reduce an activity in superego.
    Ego activity supresses superego activity and by this secondary helps too. While ID activity may act the opposite.

also
    the lesser a type is expressed - the lesser negative will be from supeego region, the lesser general neurotisation which reduces conscious energy will be too

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Religion and actively devoting myself to a higher purpose in life for the most part.

Physical activity, good music, good food, and good friends all help.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learning new things, fiction, and passions. Without those things I would probably kill myself. So I suppose it essentially boils down to curiosity.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meditate. Emptiness is a matter of perspective I guess, it's when you look so much outside so that you become blind to the inside.
    I use some simple steps to calm down my mind and soothe my fears like: Breathe. Let go. Try to smile and believe that the best is yet to come.
    Food, walks in nature, crafts like watercolour painting or intimate talks with friends are nice too. Simple delights.

Often I try to fill or escape the emptiness, but that just makes it worse because then I'm controlled by my fears(However, giving meaning to this kind of suffering can help overcome it too, like through faith or altruism for example*). If you give it time and gentle care, your soul will thrive and be satisfied by itself. It still sucks sometimes.....

*EDIT: personally meaningful goals can help transcend the suffering too, gives you a reason to get out of bed
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 12-21-2020 at 12:57 PM.

TIM
    IEE 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I wonder how deltas deal with having emptiness of the soul, and what kind of thing has helped or hasn't.
    Fi. This is really the only answer for me. I can have comfort, money or whatever else but if I don't have any sentiments for the people around me I just feel lost and internally fucked up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234