My opinion may not be very valuable anymore...but I give it a tryOriginally Posted by Diana
- Live and let live attitude
- Doesn't like to interfere with other people's business and doesn't like them to interfere with his/her business
- Enigmatic, often silently observing
- Only show Fe in rare bursts of anger ("icemen"/"icewomen")
- Can show Ni (have imagination)
- Have original sense of humor which sometimes surfaces
- Often relaxed clothing and possibly hair-style
- Can be sensitive to criticism
- Clear passive and active moments (activity in "bursts")
- Can be slow to make decisions
- Likes to work on their own pace usually alone
- Usually dislike hierarchies
- Usually feels responsible only for himself/herself
Summary: Gives introverted, sometimes aesthetic, relaxed, sporty, enigmatic impression. Usually gives same relaxed impression at work and during leisure.
- Judging attitude
- Likes to interfere with other people's business. May demand things to be done his/her way
- Forceful/controlling (more so at work). Not necessarily loud person though.
- Can show positive Fe especially during leisure activities
- Never show Ni (very factual and no-nonsense)
- Humor? What is that? Well I do know ESTj who has sense of humor but it only surfaces when he is very relaxed
- Often conservative style clothing and hair-style
- Often not sensitive to criticism (more likely just bluntly ignores it)
- Pretty much always active
- Very fast to make decisions
- Likes to work all the time usually with other people (which they may call "pawns" )
- Usually like hierarchies and aim to the top of the pyramid
- Feels enormous responsibility for family, work, everything. Sometimes have illusion that nothing works if they are not there to make it work.
Summary: Gives more or less extroverted, official, conservative, opinionated, self-confident impression. Leisure personality can be considerably more relaxed than work personality. I have to add that I know an ESTj who can sometimes go very silent and introverted. I'm not sure what causes this though. But for example in work meetings when his superiors are around he can be surprisingly submittal. I guess it is the hierarchy and respect thing. He can submit to his superiors and expects same kind of submittal from his inferiors. ISTps never submit this way. (Edit: I have to add he doesn't really submit just that he may not openly argue with them but just keeps silent.)
I did what I could and tried to keep it short Subtypes may have effect.