Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rick DeLong

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is clear to me that Maritsa is an IEI. She's totally idealistic, assuming, and disinterested in facts. Another side factor is that IEIs aren't very rare on here. Sorry betas. I would not call this a benchmark typing, including that I know how a lot of you like your quadra to be represented.

Creepy-Cyclops

Maritsa displays almost textbook dominant Ni, it's also pretty clear she's an ethical type.

Anyway, Maritsa do you think you could not post so much here, last I checked on the thread statistics you'd done over 200 posts on this thread, it's not easy sorting through all your posts to keep track of a measured conversation, thanks.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    It is clear to me that Maritsa is an IEI. She's totally idealistic, assuming, and disinterested in facts. Another side factor is that IEIs aren't very rare on here. Sorry betas. I would not call this a benchmark typing, including that I know how a lot of you like your quadra to be represented.
    Um. No.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick even met her and typed her IEI, from what I've heard. I would definitely take his opinion over most if I didn't have the sufficient information to back up my opinion.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite frankly I don't give a shit. Are you even aware of the fact that Argument from Authority is a documented logical fallacy?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Look at the extremely uneven type statistics provided by the authors of that book.
    yep. And if I remember correct it's because they took only celebrities, which is a wrong statistical method.

It's like only typing psychologists and conclude that every human is ENFp :-d

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If they are from Russian and learned socionics "from the source," why don't any Russian socionists know who they are?? Why haven't they published anything in the Russian socionics journals?
    these are interesting arguments.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Quite frankly I don't give a shit. Are you even aware of the fact that Argument from Authority is a documented logical fallacy?
    Was it an authority who documented it?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it an authority who documented it?
    Scientists discover; they do not create. A logician discovered that argumentum ad verecundiam was fallacious; Rick created a typing of Maritsa as IEI.

Let me just restate for you your own reasons for IEI:

1. Rick says so (logical fallacy AND not necessarily reliable)
    2. She is disinterested in facts (what facts? Socionics isn't a science; she is actually trying to MAKE it more factual than it is)
    3. She's idealistic (obviously irrelevant to type, not to mention the manner in which she promotes her ideals is nothing like the manner that IEIs, even the ones on this forum, do it)
    4. She's assuming (the only thing this could be even potentially relevant to, Socionics-wise, is Aristocracy, which confirms her self-typing as much as IEI)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scientists discover; they do not create. A logician discovered that argumentum ad verecundiam was fallacious; Rick created a typing of Maritsa as IEI.

Let me just restate for you your own reasons for IEI:

1. Rick says so (logical fallacy AND not necessarily reliable)
    No one is necessarily reliable, but an opinion from someone's understanding I agree with is worth more to me than someone else's who I typically never agree with.

2. She is disinterested in facts (what facts? Socionics isn't a science; she is actually trying to MAKE it more factual than it is)
    This is not what I mean. She has disinterest in the facts in so much as Ti valuers who study among this type of theory have an ignorance to the original text of classical understanding, and adapt to a new teaching or specialization. Sure she creates facts out of thin air.

3. She's idealistic (obviously irrelevant to type, not to mention the manner in which she promotes her ideals is nothing like the manner that IEIs, even the ones on this forum, do it)
    She's idealistic like any Ni dominant should be. Clouded in a sea of ideas and subjective judgments and indirect intuitive associations. She is not characterized by Te seeking in the slightest. (Have you tried helping her with Te and did you find any luck?)

4. She's assuming (the only thing this could be even potentially relevant to, Socionics-wise, is Aristocracy, which confirms her self-typing as much as IEI)
    She definitely portrays a presumptuous attitude that goes more with a Beta mindset, in context of the general idea of the other themes, even if she's playing out of the ballpark.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is necessarily reliable, but an opinion from someone's understanding I agree with is worth more to me than someone else's who I typically never agree with.-
    This is either a wholly useless and tautological statement which has no bearing whatsoever on determining Maritsa's type, or you are just trying to be passive aggressive.

This is not what I mean. She has disinterest in the facts in so much as Ti valuers who study among this type of theory have an ignorance to the original text of classical understanding, and adapt to a new teaching or specialization. Sure she creates facts out of thin air.
    Um, excuse me? How about you make a comparison, some of which you clearly have in mind, and I take it apart.

She's idealistic like any Ni dominant should be. Clouded in a sea of ideas and subjective judgments and indirect intuitive associations. She is not characterized by Te seeking in the slightest. (Have you tried helping her with Te and did you find any luck?)
    So you're saying all Ni dominants are idealistic and clouded in subjective judgments. First of all, that is nothing but bullshit that you dressed up with extra words. Second of all, AGAIN, she is TRYING to make Socionics MORE factual than it is; even if you want to point at the Ti valuers who have extreme methods, like tcaud, they rely on more abstracted methods of determining people's types; they NEVER attempt to make Socionics more concrete and easily interpretable.

How about you? Have you tried helping her with Te? Link me to some posts, why don't you.

She definitely portrays a presumptuous attitude that goes more with a Beta mindset, even if she's playing out of the ballpark.
    Ok, this is even more SUBJECTIVE, NON-FACTUAL bullshit, of precisely the variety of which you accuse her, but just for shits and giggles, I'll bite. How is her brand of presumptuousness Beta?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, you really don't want to make any point of your own do you? Sit back and play the role of the skeptic. I'm not even interested in playing your game right now. Even so, I'm not into responding with such haste as though you are to bark at me even more if I don't comply. These are implicit images I have to ponder about and construct words for, so you should expect my later report of Maritsa to include exactly my opinion of what you're just asking of me.

So you're saying all Ni dominants are idealistic and clouded in subjective judgments. First of all, that is nothing but bullshit that you dressed up with extra words. Second of all, AGAIN, she is TRYING to make Socionics MORE factual than it is; even if you want to point at the Ti valuers who have extreme methods, like tcaud, they rely on more abstracted methods of determining people's types; they NEVER attempt to make Socionics more concrete and easily interpretable.
    Why am I not surprised by this type of thoughtless response? Expect of me something more direct and relevant, but to come about later on when I'm ready and I've pondered long enough a reasonable response. I am certain your clever words will get the best of you, though know I'm not interested in seeing it another way besides what is likely. So however your illusionist brain wants to make it appear, I will likely not be very interested.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you even aware of the fact that Argument from Authority is a documented logical fallacy?
    This is only a fallacy when the appeal is either a) from an unqualified authority or b) implies that the authority is infallible. Since Rick is a socionist, and he's had correspondence with Maritsa, we can assume his opinion is more well-informed than average and thus a valid (albeit somewhat weak) inductive argument.
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a loser.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You're a loser.
    Stop proving you're an SLE every time you post something, and then ignoring the evidence. I'm a loser, though not in your quadra. We Gammas can support our losers without fret. I don't see why it matters to you.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop proving you're an SLE every time you post something, and then ignoring the evidence. I'm a loser, though not in your quadra. We Gammas can support our losers without fret. I don't see why it matters to you.
    You're a loser because you suddenly changed your behavior just because you felt support of your opinions. It's such a disgusting way of being, I honestly think you should feel at least a bit ashamed of yourself, unless of course you're posting in a joke-ish fashion.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a loser because you suddenly changed your behavior just because you felt support of your opinions.
    Sounds like a good reason to me... depending on what the behavior change was, I suppose. But acting more authoritative would make sense.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a loser.
    I agree.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is only a fallacy when the appeal is either a) from an unqualified authority or b) implies that the authority is infallible. Since Rick is a socionist, and he's had correspondence with Maritsa, we can assume his opinion is more well-informed than average and thus a valid (albeit somewhat weak) inductive argument.
    I partially agree. Arguments based on authority may not be valuable in fields that are better established than socionics (in the west), but in socionics itself they are often the best kind of argument there exist.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Sounds like a good reason to me... depending on what the behavior change was, I suppose. But acting more authoritative would make sense.
    Doesn't make sense to start bullying other people, in any case.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that polikujm ever makes too much sense anyway.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a loser.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Rick DeLong is ESTj/LSE type;
    No way man. He is ENFp/IEE type.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Shit, I'd better send off a letter calling for inefficient, unproductive, and unsustainable solutions right away.
    Why would anyone do that? Who likes inefficient, unproductive and unsustainable solutions?

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Why would anyone do that? Who likes inefficient, unproductive and unsustainable solutions?
    Exactly.
    Stan is not my real name.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell are we even talking about here? You people are so far down the line from my comprehension. Unless you have a point, I don't need to be reading your posts.

I like how I'm getting this from the people that have been here the longest, who still have no clue as to what they're doing here, and still have mistyped themselves and can't move on with their lives. There's a reason why I never talk to you guys, and limit my conversation to those somewhat more sophisticated.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how I'm getting this from the people that have been here the longest, who still have no clue as to what they're doing here, and still have mistyped themselves and can't move on with their lives.
    your being mighty presumptuous there sport
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    your being mighty presumptuous there sport
    So, what. Am I a beta or delta now that I can assume things about other's types? You don't learn very much about Socionics in an atmosphere full of misinterpreted stories, just like mine.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So, what. Am I a beta or delta now that I can assume things about other's types? You don't learn very much about Socionics in an atmosphere full of misinterpreted stories, just like mine.
    I didn't misinterpret your story...I typed you Visually; that doesn't lie; the other stuff that you have learned about type, stuff that you read and confuse yourself with other types is only your multi-faceted brain splintering in many directions in justification of you being type as it may relate to characteristics that are described on paper - some of which are true or false, as they relate to you.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    No way man. He is ENFp/IEE type.
    You may relate to him as a quadra member, being his mirror, but in activity, he is ESTj.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell are we even talking about here? You people are so far down the line from my comprehension. Unless you have a point, I don't need to be reading your posts.

I like how I'm getting this from the people that have been here the longest, who still have no clue as to what they're doing here, and still have mistyped themselves and can't move on with their lives. There's a reason why I never talk to you guys, and limit my conversation to those somewhat more sophisticated.
    Hey man, this is like a flameball of internet stereotypes (get a life! + you don't understand shit! + you're off topic!). I expect at least some more creativity. (and I'm not referring about your type, or anything like that)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man, this is like a flameball of internet stereotypes (get a life! + you don't understand shit! + you're off topic!). I expect at least some more creativity. (and I'm not referring about your type, or anything like that)
    If he gets more creative, it might become less obvious that he's joking...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Ok So what I did first was type him morphologically, then I read his blog, especially the letters he has written to government offices in concern for issues, if you will read his style and emphasis on "efficient", "productive", and "sustainable" solutions you will see that's quite typical of ESTj's.

Please have a little trust...sometimes is observation first then method of development especially when the human mind is concerned.
    I believe you more recently type Rick as IEE: does this mean you now consider typing an individual by assessing their personality to be better than the phrenological approach, or has your method of assessing people "morphologically" changed?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I believe you more recently type Rick as IEE: does this mean you now consider typing an individual by assessing their personality to be better than the phrenological approach, or has your method of assessing people "morphologically" changed?
    It's probably easier to just pat her on the head and give her a juice box.

Never paid much attention to Rick's type, myself, but it was kind of humorous watching him spend a lot of time to realize Socionics isn't objective.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    It's probably easier to just pat her on the head and give her a juice box.

Never paid much attention to Rick's type, myself, but it was kind of humorous watching him spend a lot of time to realize Socionics isn't objective.
    Rick's type isn't strictly relevant to my question, although the process of Maritsa's attempts at typing him may be illustrative.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick's type isn't strictly relevant to my question, although the process of Maritsa's attempts at typing him may be illustrative.
    That's basically every proponent of Socionics. We're fundamentally opponents. Her attempts to say that, with certainty, someone's personality and what they will do is static via who they simply "are," e.g. genetic facial structure, is evidence of her wanting to believe that a person can never change. Someone in her life has caused her great troubles, and, without a solution, she resorts to stating that there is no solution... That the person, definitely, will never change and a good relationship will never exist with them. This is a manifestation of her projection into the world that someone shows her the solution. Proponents of Socionics never witnessed the healthy relationship and are at a loss for how fix them. Over the course of their lives, as with Maritista, the person itself stopped being a person and started being a concept. Unfortunately for EII, this entails being multiple roles for the person that "normal" people don't normally have to be.

It's like if someone breaks their nose and it grows back all F'd up. You know it hurts them to be so. You know that they will always know their nose is Fd up. You know they will always have it in the back of their head, echoing like a sickness, a sickness that tells them they can't be loved because they are damaged. And how does one who genuinely loves them fix it? They rebreak. They rebreak it in the exact same way, and they brace it, so that it never grows crooked again. A manifestation of love. The LSE with the strongest unconscious defense, compounded by increasingly odd situations, and the EII, who, out of love, must rebreak who they love most.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Does anyone know the address of the Socionics Institute in California (United States of America)? Thanks.

@Socionics Institute, @Rod Novichkov, @Maritsa, @Bernice
    He's available by email. He's in Australia
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    He's available by email. He's in Australia
    Could you ask him if he is planning on publishing the empirical data backing his findings, including his type distribution statistics? Also, can he tell me what courses are currently available at the Institute? Thanks.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Could you ask him if he is planning on publishing the empirical data backing his findings, including his type distribution statistics? Also, can he tell me what courses are currently available at the Institute?Thanks.
    He doesn't value Se so the answer is no
    -