Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Google badass lone wolf quotes MrInternet42069's Avatar
    TIM
    Yep theres a type
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dreamt about a lady who was so old she had literally decayed into a living skeleton. The only organ she still had was her brain which you could see through her skull, and it was all rotten and brown and dried out. She had a bunch of weird colourful plastic attached to different parts of her body, presumably to keep her going. Her eyes were just two marbles that kept spinning, attached with rubber bands around her head. She had dementia and once a minute she would fall onto the floor and scream "I am helpless and sad! I am helpless and sad!". She had a husband who was also old, but still considerably younger and seemingly normal. He took care of her and was very loving and sweet towards her. He told me they married young and that he would never consider giving up on her no matter what. Weird dream.

The Ultimate Aeon of Will RaptorWizard's Avatar
    TIM
    INTP 5w6 so/sx Bunny
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about dreams when we're awake, like killing evil, completing the internet of Macroverse codes, snatching the princess, or going underwater to ancient and forbidden cities like where JarJar Binks lived (and getting to a bigger world, a bigger fish, and a bigger Spinoza Pantheism?)

I find Pantheism rewarding for peace and clarity, majestically seeing all faces and sides of the cosmic consciousness enlightening us with perception and abilities of thought to detach and let go of the physical, and merge with the imagination and Love of God?
    EagleFangKarate (webstarts.com)
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...logy-articles)
    Kara (the16types.info)
    I was always a very playful and fun loving Meganium, wishful, flowing, bright, cheerful, exuberant, passionate, loving, caring, sweet, misery refined, elegant, growing, evolving, magical, evanescent, silver wise, crowned, elevated, euphoric, stunning, rapture clad, dreamy, blissful, blizzarding, aura musical, resonant, vibrant, exquisite, luster robed, but ultimately, through rare Wartortle wisdom, I became Lugia!!
    ​Father Crow (Ho-Oh) is God, invincible, immortal, eternal, everlasting, salvation, auroras, glitter, fragrance, sparkle, zap, psycho boosted, enigmatic, unleashed, ultimate, archaic, dinosaur!!

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream last night where I was meeting someone for dinner at a restaurant. I was wearing extremely high heels (something I rarely do irl). As I was walking from my car to the restaurant, I tripped and fell about 20 times. I couldn’t walk two steps without tripping and falling. When I got to the restaurant, I saw my boss’s boss sitting there. I realized that I had accidentally set up a work meeting at the same place and time as my date.

I decided that my best course of action was to cancel on both of them. I thought I would be fired if my boss’s boss saw me eating there after abandoning my work meeting. And if my date saw me eating there with another man, he would assume I was cheating on him and break up with me. I started walking back to my car (falling several more times) and then woke up.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I had a dream last night where I was meeting someone for dinner at a restaurant. I was wearing extremely high heels (something I rarely do irl). As I was walking from my car to the restaurant, I tripped and fell about 20 times. I couldn’t walk two steps without tripping and falling. When I got to the restaurant, I saw my boss’s boss sitting there. I realized that I had accidentally set up a work meeting at the same place and time as my date.

I decided that my best course of action was to cancel on both of them. I thought I would be fired if my boss’s boss saw me eating there after abandoning my work meeting. And if my date saw me eating there with another man, he would assume I was cheating on him and break up with me. I started walking back to my car (falling several more times) and then woke up.
    Anxious dreaming and anxious waking. I feel sorry for you SEIs!

Did you feel this dream was significant? Or were you just posting it for fun?
    φιλοκαλοῦμέν τε γὰρ μετ᾽ εὐτελείας καὶ φιλοσοφοῦμεν ἄνευ μαλακίας.

It’s hard to translate this literally and poetically into English, but this is my attempt at a translation: “For we love beauty, that we attain good ends thereby, and we love wisdom, though not in a way that makes us soft, nor that causes us to value weakness.”

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Anxious dreaming and anxious waking. I feel sorry for you SEIs!

Did you feel this dream was significant? Or were you just posting it for fun?
    I don’t think any of my dreams are significant (weak an unvalued ni maybe?). I thought this one would be fun to post and maybe fun to interpret. Idk. I feel like talking about my own dreams is fun. Listening to other people talk about their dreams—not so much lol. I rarely talk about my dreams irl because I don’t want to bore people.

TIM
    SEI 6w7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think any of my dreams are significant (weak an unvalued ni maybe?). I thought this one would be fun to post and maybe fun to interpret. Idk. I feel like talking about my own dreams is fun. Listening to other people talk about their dreams—not so much lol. I rarely talk about my dreams irl because I don’t want to bore people.
    I don't think dreams are generally significant for me either, but I think there are times that when certain dreams or things that stick out to us for a reason. I think it's the subconscious working and maybe trying to give us a heads up. Not always but I have had a couple dreams that really stick out and I think were meant to give me a heads up or I saw it as a milestone for starting to move past something mentally. That or its just something funny that I remember like being chased by a t-rex lol

What colour were you wearing? The reason I ask cause I think colour has a hidden meaning behind our moods at times up what it can possibly represent. I would interpret that it seems that you are really struggling between balancing both your work, romance life, and self at the moment. Almost like you are conflicting with others want and demand from you and what you personally want. You mentioned that you are wearing higher heels then normal or ever so that can signify like an image that you are trying to put out and since you keep tripping, it can show that you are struggling with it.
    You seem to be conflicted with both your work life and romance life as you double booked them at the same time. You also mention very quickly of image based assumptions that both your date and boss would make of you and the ramifications that may could have been avoided if you faced them head on. You want to appease both but, it just can't seem to work out. You decide to cancel both for your own reasons but I find it interesting that you are still stumbling back on your own wearing the heals despite no one around. There was no one around and you could have taken off the heels but you didn't. The heels could also represent the high expectations you are putting on yourself on all three of those areas and how those high expectations are not helping you rather, they are hurting you.

Or it was a simple dream that the mind likes to play with thoughts. Take it what you will, this is how I would interpret it.

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    I don't think dreams are generally significant for me either, but I think there are times that when certain dreams or things that stick out to us for a reason. I think it's the subconscious working and maybe trying to give us a heads up. Not always but I have had a couple dreams that really stick out and I think were meant to give me a heads up or I saw it as a milestone for starting to move past something mentally. That or its just something funny that I remember like being chased by a t-rex lol

What colour were you wearing? The reason I ask cause I think colour has a hidden meaning behind our moods at times up what it can possibly represent. I would interpret that it seems that you are really struggling between balancing both your work, romance life, and self at the moment. Almost like you are conflicting with others want and demand from you and what you personally want. You mentioned that you are wearing higher heels then normal or ever so that can signify like an image that you are trying to put out and since you keep tripping, it can show that you are struggling with it.
    You seem to be conflicted with both your work life and romance life as you double booked them at the same time. You also mention very quickly of image based assumptions that both your date and boss would make of you and the ramifications that may could have been avoided if you faced them head on. You want to appease both but, it just can't seem to work out. You decide to cancel both for your own reasons but I find it interesting that you are still stumbling back on your own wearing the heals despite no one around. There was no one around and you could have taken off the heels but you didn't. The heels could also represent the high expectations you are putting on yourself on all three of those areas and how those high expectations are not helping you rather, they are hurting you.

Or it was a simple dream that the mind likes to play with thoughts. Take it what you will, this is how I would interpret it.

I like this interpretation. I figured it had something to do with work life balance but it didn’t even occur to me that the shoes represented anything lol. What you say makes sense though. The funny thing is I haven’t been struggling with this irl. Maybe my unconscious brain is working something out, who knows lol. My shoes started out as white stilettos but then half way through I looked down and noticed they had turned into a pair of beige wedges lol.

TIM
    SEI 6w7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this interpretation. I figured it had something to do with work life balance but it didn’t even occur to me that the shoes represented anything lol. What you say makes sense though. The funny thing is I haven’t been struggling with this irl. Maybe my unconscious brain is working something out, who knows lol. My shoes started out as white stilettos but then half way through I looked down and noticed they had turned into a pair of beige wedges lol.
    Take what you wish and leave the restttttt! Maybe it's something and maybe it's not but it is something to ponder! I think it's fun to ponder but, we shouldn't deeply read into everything. I know when I'm too far deep when I've been using my tarots cards way to much LOL!

I do find it interesting though that you mention the shoe change. A shoes that is both uncomfortable, sexy, and sleek to something more comfortable, a thicker bottom for support, and something more causal. Just two opposites in a way. But hey, like I said, take what you wish and leave the resttttt

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dreamt I was in high school (I’ve never been to actual high school, fwiw) and every few months, someone in an animal costume, with unnatural speed and agility, would go on a rampage, kill a few students, and eventually be killed himself/herself by a group of students who worked together whenever this happened to kill the animal-suit-person. I was part of this group, and trying to have someone in a duck suit chase me into a trap, and away from other students. I had to hide occasionally to rest, and occasionally had to fend off the duck with a chair to retreat to a safe place. He was almost as fast as I was in that duck suit, so it was a difficult chase. Around the time I managed to lead it to the trap, the dream shifted. I was a girl, and with another girl, in her house, telling me she was responsible for the animal-suit attacks. She was pressuring me to become another animal-suit attacker. She said she’d help me, and kept providing me reasons to do it: yes, I’d probably eventually be killed, but only because if the animal-suit killer group didn’t exist, the school would be disbanded and there wouldn’t be anyone to attack. Besides, didn’t I hate how stupid; how vacuous everyone was? Didn’t I want something unusual; something unnerving, to happen? Wasn’t life much more interesting because of these inexplicable animal-suit-people attacks? What else did I want to do with my life anyway? I felt like I was wasting it anyway, didn’t I?

She convinced me, and I agreed, on the condition that I could fuck her. I think I became a dude again at this point, but my dream got more blurry and I woke up soon.

It’s hard to translate this literally and poetically into English, but this is my attempt at a translation: “For we love beauty, that we attain good ends thereby, and we love wisdom, though not in a way that makes us soft, nor that causes us to value weakness.”

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman were you homeschooled?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman were you homeschooled?
    Yes. Why do you ask?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes. Why do you ask?
    Because that's a very common dream among the home-schooled.

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Why do you ask?
    You said you never attended high school, so I was curious.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said you never attended high school, so I was curious.
    Oh. I was hoping you thought something like what @Adam Strange wrote. Or you thought it could explain my weirdness. Or you were homeschooled too and wanted to PM me about your trauma. シ

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. I was hoping you thought something like what @Adam Strange wrote. Or you thought it could explain my weirdness. Or you were homeschooled too and wanted to PM me about your trauma. シ
    Actually I was hoping you would share about you experience being homeschooled. Was it for religious reasons? Who taught you? What was the quality of education like? Was it lonely?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My niece was homeschooled and she still wears feathers in her hair to show duck-solidarity.

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dreamt I was in high school (I’ve never been to actual high school, fwiw) and every few months, someone in an animal costume, with unnatural speed and agility, would go on a rampage, kill a few students, and eventually be killed himself/herself by a group of students who worked together whenever this happened to kill the animal-suit-person. I was part of this group, and trying to have someone in a duck suit chase me into a trap, and away from other students. I had to hide occasionally to rest, and occasionally had to fend off the duck with a chair to retreat to a safe place. He was almost as fast as I was in that duck suit, so it was a difficult chase. Around the time I managed to lead it to the trap, the dream shifted. I was a girl, and with another girl, in her house, telling me she was responsible for the animal-suit attacks. She was pressuring me to become another animal-suit attacker. She said she’d help me, and kept providing me reasons to do it: yes, I’d probably eventually be killed, but only because if the animal-suit killer group didn’t exist, the school would be disbanded and there wouldn’t be anyone to attack. Besides, didn’t I hate how stupid; how vacuous everyone was? Didn’t I want something unusual; something unnerving, to happen? Wasn’t life much more interesting because of these inexplicable animal-suit-people attacks? What else did I want to do with my life anyway? I felt like I was wasting it anyway, didn’t I?

She convinced me, and I agreed, on the condition that I could fuck her. I think I became a dude again at this point, but my dream got more blurry and I woke up soon.
    You see a lot of dumb people everyday but you internalize your rage at the stupidity of the world so much that it becomes imbedded in your subconscious and only bubbles up in your dreams. Secretly you want to find a crazy ESE to rant to about your issues with society. You are secretly depressed because you long for what is unknown and what you can never have, your quest for knowledge has become sisyphean and something you do to live, but you have lost the real passion in it, hence the "I felt like I was wasting it anyway,". You secretly desire to do something you would never normally do in order to break away from your routine life, you secretly want an adventure, but something is holding you back. That's why you dreamt of this girl who was carrying out the killings, she is the dream manifestation of your secret desire for ESE pixie manic dream girl (but the killing is symbolic and not actually what you want in real life)

I am reading far too deep into this and making too many assumptions so don't take my interpretation seriously as it's a joke. It's more likely you just were subconsciously curious about high school and horny but mix that with the weird surreal elements your brain usually comes up with.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I was hoping you would share about you experience being homeschooled. Was it for religious reasons? Who taught you? What was the quality of education like? Was it lonely?
    How in-depth of a response would you like? If you'd like a longer one, I'll write one out. But here's a shorter one:

I was homeschooled more for political reasons. My father was a libertarian/ancap and doesn't trust anything to do with government. I was pulled out of public school after 4th grade, my sister after 2nd or 1st. Our parents bought curricula from first an elementary/middle school homeschool program, and then from a highschool-level one. We did the work ourselves. We were supposed to do homework every day and then do tests and essays which we'd send in for submission, but in practice we rarely did any "homework," just the tests/essays which were actually graded. The curricula were probably better than an ordinary public school's, so I don't feel the education was bad, but it proved to me that schools function mostly as daycares, and most homework is just busywork -- I did very little, most days, and still managed to do well on the SAT and get accepted to a good college.

That being said it was pretty lonely. I didn't have friends for most of my life, and I didn't get along well with my younger sister -- she'd often physically attack me, often just because she wanted something of mine, and I couldn't do much to defend myself or I'd be physically punished by my parents. She scratched a lot of skin out of me. I cried a lot, I remember, because I was so angry I couldn't do anything in return.

Every week except for in summer, we'd go to a church that hosted a "fine arts program" for homeschoolers, which was supposed to teach things that homeschoolers couldn't really learn on their own. I had to take choir, piano, and acting. I didn't want to take any of them and hated my parents for forcing me into them. The other kids and most of the adults were very evangelical (my parents were also evangelical, but this is entirely cultural -- they go to church every week, but don't think about God or care about the religious tenets they profess to hold for the rest of the week), and fucking nuts. If they found a quarter on the ground it was a blessing from God. Most of them rarely spoke five sentences in a typical conversation without mentioning God or their relationship with Jesus. This is a little bit of an exaggeration but not much. I really didn't like these people, not so much for their religious convictions as much so much as a feeling that they were all idiots, and they were. I especially hated the boys/men because they seemed to me even more stupid than the girls/women. In particular I felt the boys/men had a tendency to form groups and form a weird herd mentality about everything; there was also a feeling of retarded machismo with them. Finally, I didn't like them because they felt I was "really smart," and that pissed me off. "No, I'm not smart; I'm normal. The problem is that you're all complete idiots; you should be ashamed of yourselves, not sitting around complacently" was my thinking. But in any case I didn't have friends, and I wasn't surrounded by normal people, or really anyone I felt I could relate with at any level. I felt really lonely, and kept to myself more and more. My mentality got warped and I became suicidal; what's the point of life, and why am I so lonely, if this is all there is? -- that was my thinking. I'm certain I would have found a way to kill myself if I hadn't met my ex, but that's another story I'd rather not go into.

Anyway, I'm not opposed to homeschooling, and it can be better than public school, but 90% or so of the people who homeschool their children are the type of people who shouldn't raise children in the first place IMO.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    You see a lot of dumb people everyday but you internalize your rage at the stupidity of the world so much that it becomes imbedded in your subconscious and only bubbles up in your dreams. Secretly you want to find a crazy ESE to rant to about your issues with society. You are secretly depressed because you long for what is unknown and what you can never have, your quest for knowledge has become sisyphean and something you do to live, but you have lost the real passion in it, hence the "I felt like I was wasting it anyway,". You secretly desire to do something you would never normally do in order to break away from your routine life, you secretly want an adventure, but something is holding you back. That's why you dreamt of this girl who was carrying out the killings, she is the dream manifestation of your secret desire for ESE pixie manic dream girl (but the killing is symbolic and not actually what you want in real life)

I am reading far too deep into this and making too many assumptions so don't take my interpretation seriously as it's a joke. It's more likely you just were subconsciously curious about high school and horny but mix that with the weird surreal elements your brain usually comes up with.
    Lol, your posts are always fun to read. Thanks for the interpretation. My thoughts:

A) I don't think I'm that curious about high school -- I've talked to a lot of people who've gone, and I went to elementary school, so I think I have a good idea about what it's like and don't really feel much curiosity about it. I think the dream was just set there because it's somewhere with a lot of people who kind-of know each other. It was important that there be pre-existing social ties already, which you don't find so much in, say, a shopping mall or sports stadium.

B) You may be right re. where the girl came from, but I'm not sure she was, in the dream, ESE. Maybe a cross between an ESE and SEI? Or LII, maybe? An EIE without the Se? She gave the impression of a fairly lazy person who didn't like to physically move all that much or very quickly, but with a personal dark edge and intensity, a sharp mind, and an expressive face. Also a good sense of taste in clothes, I think, though I don't remember what they looked like.

The rest of your interpretation seems plausible to me!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was homeschooled more for political reasons. My father was a libertarian/ancap and doesn't trust anything to do with government....

The other kids and most of the adults were very evangelical (my parents were also evangelical, but this is entirely cultural -- they go to church every week, but don't think about God or care about the religious tenets they profess to hold for the rest of the week), and fucking nuts. If they found a quarter on the ground it was a blessing from God. Most of them rarely spoke five sentences in a typical conversation without mentioning God or their relationship with Jesus. This is a little bit of an exaggeration but not much. I really didn't like these people, not so much for their religious convictions as much so much as a feeling that they were all idiots, and they were. I especially hated the boys/men because they seemed to me even more stupid than the girls/women.

In particular I felt the boys/men had a tendency to form groups and form a weird herd mentality about everything; there was also a feeling of retarded machismo with them.
    Evangelicals tend to be Authoritarians, and Authoritarians tend to form tight groups. You can read all about this on the internets.
    Sara Robinson wrote a series of good articles on Authoritarians. You can find the first one here: http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2006/08...-defining.html

Finally, I didn't like them because they felt I was "really smart," and that pissed me off. "No, I'm not smart; I'm normal. The problem is that you're all complete idiots;"
    I actually laughed out loud at this.

Anyway, I'm not opposed to homeschooling, and it can be better than public school, but 90% or so of the people who homeschool their children are the type of people who shouldn't raise children in the first place IMO.
    A very interesting assertion. It might be true.

I have a niece who was homeschooled by her Jr High School Principal dad and her stay-at-home mom, and while she's incredibly smart, she's socially many years behind her peers. It's awkward when an 18-yo starts acting like she's eight.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I have a niece who was homeschooled by her Jr High School Principal dad and her stay-at-home mom, and while she's incredibly smart, she's socially many years behind her peers. It's awkward when an 18-yo starts acting like she's eight.
    See, why is a high school principal homeschooling his kid? Because he knows schools in this country are terrible. Anyone involved in the system either knows it or is part of the problem. No one's learning anything in them; kids could easily fit everything taught in four years of high school into just one, especially given the amount of pointless homework they already do. But most teachers shouldn't be teachers and most parents shouldn't be parents. Girls like the one you mention are very common products of homeschooling (and certain private religious schools, incidentally) -- I used to know a dozen like that. And private schools typically educate better than public schools (which is really not saying much), but have a similar problem as homeschooling in that the families who take that option produce twisted kids. The States are just fucked at this point.

I don't think the article you linked is very insightful at all. It says "politically right-wing groups tend to be like this" and "they're like this because they are." Anyone who's lived in the South can tell you what groups of conservatives are like, with much more nuance than that article gives, and can tell you more about their motivations than "their brains just work that way," and without the usual liberal brain-worms about the "grievous harm" they pose to "our democracy," as if democracies weren't governments by and for the rich, or as if they could be unseated or even threatened by some fat loonies who hate knowledge and exercise.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 06-16-2021 at 11:39 PM.

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, your posts are always fun to read. Thanks for the interpretation. My thoughts:

A) I don't think I'm that curious about high school -- I've talked to a lot of people who've gone, and I went to elementary school, so I think I have a good idea about what it's like and don't really feel much curiosity about it. I think the dream was just set there because it's somewhere with a lot of people who kind-of know each other. It was important that there be pre-existing social ties already, which you don't find so much in, say, a shopping mall or sports stadium.

B) You may be right re. where the girl came from, but I'm not sure she was, in the dream, ESE. Maybe a cross between an ESE and SEI? Or LII, maybe? An EIE without the Se? She gave the impression of a fairly lazy person who didn't like to physically move all that much or very quickly, but with a personal dark edge and intensity, a sharp mind, and an expressive face. Also a good sense of taste in clothes, I think, though I don't remember what they looked like.

The rest of your interpretation seems plausible to me!
    This dream runs with your life:

"I was so angry I couldn't do anything in return" - repressed revenge led to violent themes

"The problem is that you're all complete idiots; you should be ashamed of yourselves, not sitting around complacently" - basically the same sentiment you expressed in this dream

"I'm certain I would have found a way to kill myself if I hadn't met my ex" - girl in your dreams saving you

I wonder Freelance, how often do you dream of violence or revenge? How often do your dreams involve another person helping you? How often do they express the sentiment of thinking everyone around you is stupid and unlikeable? If you can remember...

I originally thought there wasn't a connection but if there is a pattern of dreams like this then maybe this is Se PoLR way of dealing with trauma with subconscious rage and action which one would never be able do in real life?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    This dream runs with your life:

"I was so angry I couldn't do anything in return" - repressed revenge led to violent themes

"The problem is that you're all complete idiots; you should be ashamed of yourselves, not sitting around complacently" - basically the same sentiment you expressed in this dream

"I'm certain I would have found a way to kill myself if I hadn't met my ex" - girl in your dreams saving you

I wonder Freelance, how often do you dream of violence or revenge? How often do your dreams involve another person helping you? How often do they express the sentiment of thinking everyone around you is stupid and unlikeable? If you can remember...

I originally thought there wasn't a connection but if there is a pattern of dreams like this then maybe this is Se PoLR way of dealing with trauma with subconscious rage and action which one would never be able do in real life?
    Hm, I don't think violence is all that common. More often when it occurs monsters or inhuman entities are involved. With violence against people it's typically more personal, and often happening to me. But the dreams which make the strongest impression on me do involve violence, especially deliberate violence.

In most of my dreams there aren't many characters, and the ones who do occur are typically interesting; they usually express a unique perspective. Mostly my dreams involve a lot of talking with different people or entities. I don't tend to feel these are stupid; rather, I'm interested in what they think and say. Occasionally "masses" will appear -- background characters, who fill a role necessary for the "plot," but who I don't really interact with or visualize (much of my dreams aren't very visual so much as having an awareness that certain things are in front of me, or that certain things have happened, or that someone said such and such to me; "background characters" don't really appear as people), and I don't typically care what they think or what happens to them, in the same way you don't care about background characters in a play or book, who don't have lines.

As far as dreams about revenge specifically, never. I tend to be calm in my dreams, so I don't feel angry and wouldn't want revenge. If I commit violence it's not from a feeling of anger. It's usually either necessary (say someone/something is threatening someone else, and I have to act), from a feeling of sadism, or from just being trapped and just trying to escape (for instance being imprisoned and killing a jailer in order to escape). But even in this last case there's a feeling of detachment, like I don't personally care whether I'm imprisoned, but it's necessary to advance the "plot" of the dream, so I have to do whatever I can do to escape. If I fail or am killed myself, well, that's just how it goes. Life goes on, even in dreams, and my perspective will shift to another character or another story if I die.

As far as being helped, all the time. Either someone is helping me or I'm helping someone else. My dreams revolve a lot around other people in that way.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dreamed that I made a very simple mistake in grammar. The text was in my native language and someone was berating me for it. I froze up and cried silently.

I think it means I have a paranoia that people will nitpick the things I do. Maybe mentally it doesn't do me good and makes me scared of trying things more.
    R

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I dreamed that I made a very simple mistake in grammar. The text was in my native language and someone was berating me for it. I froze up and cried silently.

I think it means I have a paranoia that people will nitpick the things I do. Maybe mentally it doesn't do me good and makes me scared of trying things more.
    IRL, how would you be likely to react? Like that, or tell them to fuck off?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IRL, how would you be likely to react? Like that, or tell them to fuck off?
    I would get annoyed and tell them that they focus on tiny things that don't even change the whole picture. Basically yes, I'll tell them to fuck off or act like I don't care. But because of my dream I actually realized that I do care, and maybe the best approach is to just accept that I made a mistake and to take it as an opportunity to do better. I'm naturally prideful and that needs to be changed.
    R

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819