Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I just had a dream wherein I was sipping from a glass of ice water and a little baby cat jumped in and sat, submerged under the ice, just looking around.

I took the cat in a glass over to the kitchen sink to pour it and the ice out, because it was showing no signs of climbing out by itself.

What in the world could this mean?

I wonder if the kitten represents ESIs? But why ice water? Because I can’t seem to warm them up, and they seem perfectly comfortable staying cold but under water?

Huh. IDK.

The other part of this is that I saw the cat as being in need of rescue. If the cat represents ESIs, that’s bad.

Postscript:
    I didn’t actually think that the cat needed to be rescued, but it wasn’t climbing out on its own, and I really didn’t want a dead cat in my glass.
    Ice water is uncomfortable, ever taken a cold shower? Yet, a cat, a creature who hates water jumped in it of its own will like it was nothing. Maybe it means you've put yourself in an uncomfortable situation and you unconsciously dread the idea of dying in it.
    Well, that got dark, feel free to ignore if it means nothing to you.
    What color was the cat tho?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adage View Post
    Ice water is uncomfortable, ever taken a cold shower? Yet, a cat, a creature who hates water jumped in it of its own will like it was nothing. Maybe it means you've put yourself in an uncomfortable situation and you unconsciously dread the idea of dying in it.
    Well, that got dark, feel free to ignore if it means nothing to you.
    What color was the cat tho?

The cat didn’t seem uncomfortable. It didn’t seem like it was drowning, either.
    The only time I felt uncomfortable was when I went to pour the cat out of the glass. I was afraid it would hit its head in the sink, so I tilted the glass sideways and held my hand under it so the cat would land in my hand first.

I think the cat did represent an ESI. I had been out on a date with one earlier, and they both had similar fur coats.

The kitten had mostly brown fur, mixed with black, and very big eyes.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cat didn’t seem uncomfortable. It didn’t seem like it was drowning, either.
    The only time I felt uncomfortable was when I went to pour the cat out of the glass. I was afraid it would hit its head in the sink, so I tilted the glass sideways and held my hand under it so the cat would land in my hand first.

I think the cat did represent an ESI. I had been out on a date with one earlier, and they both had similar fur coats.

The kitten had mostly brown fur, mixed with black, and very big eyes.
    I'm not saying the cat looked uncomfortable or was aware of the uncomfort, but that the settings are highly uncomfortable. There's a nuance here, a lot of people keep themselves in uncomfortable spots without realizing, a sort of status quo of sort.
    But never mind that.

Perhaps asking what you think dreams are about in essence would be more fructuous since they are yours. I tend to believe they mainly speak of the dreamer's unconscious, but it doesn't seem to be your case. Each of the symbols, each thing felt is a clue to what it means, it's a whole picture only you has access to.
    Perhaps you see the ESI as needing help without her realizing so. It fits the duality stuff.
    Maybe you want to help, but you're unsure if the help is required or if it will be rejected, a sort of vulnerability thing since you're an 8. It seems like you're facing an unknown territory maybe, the cat looks fine but it's in disastrous setting, why? what to do about it? Is it about what you can do to help or that you should give a chance to the cat's way?
    The big eyes, how did they look at you? With interest, distantly, in a shy manner... can you tell something from them or not? That could be an interesting point.

Dreams aren't an exact science.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not saying the cat looked uncomfortable or was aware of the uncomfort, but that the settings are highly uncomfortable. There's a nuance here, a lot of people keep themselves in uncomfortable spots without realizing, a sort of status quo of sort.
    But never mind that.

Perhaps asking what you think dreams are about in essence would be more fructuous since they are yours. I tend to believe they mainly speak of the dreamer's unconscious, but it doesn't seem to be your case. Each of the symbols, each thing felt is a clue to what it means, it's a whole picture only you has access to.
    Perhaps you see the ESI as needing help without her realizing so. It fits the duality stuff.
    Maybe you want to help, but you're unsure if the help is required or if it will be rejected, a sort of vulnerability thing since you're an 8. It seems like you're facing an unknown territory maybe, the cat looks fine but it's in disastrous setting, why? what to do about it? Is it about what you can do to help or that you should give a chance to the cat's way?
    The big eyes, how did they look at you? With interest, distantly, in a shy manner... can you tell something from them or not? That could be an interesting point.

Dreams aren't an exact science.
    @adage, the kitten’s eyes were just staring at me, waiting, but seemingly without expectation. The rest of what you said was spot-on. If the kitten did represent the ESI that I had coffee with, then yes, I did see her as perhaps needing my help, even though she was fine without it and didn’t ask for it.

Yes. The kitten was under water but didn’t seem troubled by that. It was surrounded by ice, and if you’ve ever met an ESI, you probably know how they can hold back any expression of their feelings, especially if they don’t know you.

As for my relationship with my dreams, I think my dreams are monologues from my lizard brain, where emotions lie, but not language. So people rarely speak in my dreams; the dreams are all about feelings, situations, and impressions. Probably exactly like the way a lizard experiences the world.
    But that lizard is me and it shares my impressions of the world, but it can’t speak language to the supercomputer mammal overlaid brain, so it has to communicate in images, when the supercomputer isn’t busy doing supercomputer things.

“I” run the logic in this operation, but the lizard brain does the emotions.
    When I remember my dreams, I pay attention to them, because they are insight from my emotional half, conveyed in the language of images.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@adage, the kitten’s eyes were just staring at me, waiting, but seemingly without expectation. The rest of what you said was spot-on. If the kitten did represent the ESI that I had coffee with, then yes, I did see her as perhaps needing my help, even though she was fine without it and didn’t ask for it.

Yes. The kitten was under water but didn’t seem troubled by that. It was surrounded by ice, and if you’ve ever met an ESI, you probably know how they can hold back any expression of their feelings, especially if they don’t know you.

As for my relationship with my dreams, I think my dreams are monologues from my lizard brain, where emotions lie, but not language. So people rarely speak in my dreams; the dreams are all about feelings, situations, and impressions. Probably exactly like the way a lizard experiences the world.
    But that lizard is me and it shares my impressions of the world, but it can’t speak language to the supercomputer mammal overlaid brain, so it has to communicate in images, when the supercomputer isn’t busy doing supercomputer things.

“I” run the logic in this operation, but the lizard brain does the emotions.
    When I remember my dreams, I pay attention to them, because they are insight from my emotional half, conveyed in the language of images.
    Really interesting, thanks for sharing.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a soldier in a group of warriors sieging an underground coliseum. There was a narrow entrance that we went through. We fought an invading foreign army. They were twisted and deformed. They had strange weapons, giant clubs, two-pronged spears, spiked warhammers. Their armor resembled different animals, one was a ram.

Eventually, the enemy stopped and they surrendered. I was the king now, waiting for the surrender of their general. He was a giant bearded fat man, he looked like an evil sultan, dressed in gold and robes. The army attacked me as the king from behind and I had to fight my way out and the battle began again. We decided to kill every last soldier, no matter if they surrendered.

I was another soldier now. We were pinned down and surrounded. I was leading the group. I was killing people left and right when a swarm of bats flew around and something suddenly attacked someone next to me faster than I could see or react. I knew in the dream that they had a vampire on their side. It was a grey demonic-looking thing with long teeth. I slashed through it but it never seemed to get hurt. It killed my men one by one. Ripped them apart and ate them. There was only a handful of us left, I was thinking that there's no way this could be the end. Suddenly a young boy appeared, he was supernatural like a fairy or an elf, he was the king of some magical place. He helped save me because I helped him with some seemingly meaningless thing for him unknowingly.

This one was of the weirder more vivid dreams I've had.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I was a soldier in a group of warriors sieging an underground coliseum. There was a narrow entrance that we went through. We fought an invading foreign army. They were twisted and deformed. They had strange weapons, giant clubs, two-pronged spears, spiked warhammers. Their armor resembled different animals, one was a ram.

Eventually, the enemy stopped and they surrendered. I was the king now, waiting for the surrender of their general. He was a giant bearded fat man, he looked like an evil sultan, dressed in gold and robes. The army attacked me as the king from behind and I had to fight my way out and the battle began again. We decided to kill every last soldier, no matter if they surrendered.

I was another soldier now. We were pinned down and surrounded. I was leading the group. I was killing people left and right when a swarm of bats flew around and something suddenly attacked someone next to me faster than I could see or react. I knew in the dream that they had a vampire on their side. It was a grey demonic-looking thing with long teeth. I slashed through it but it never seemed to get hurt. It killed my men one by one. Ripped them apart and ate them. There was only a handful of us left, I was thinking that there's no way this could be the end. Suddenly a young boy appeared, he was supernatural like a fairy or an elf, he was the king of some magical place. He helped save me because I helped him with some seemingly meaningless thing for him unknowingly.

This one was of the weirder more vivid dreams I've had.
    If I may, do you feel like you're fighting with either other people or inner urges? Whichever, it seems to me you consider them inferior, wild, lacking in civism or something like that. Those are savage in the wrost way, faceless, without humanity.
    Even when you think they bow, they are only bidding their time, waiting to hit when the defences are gone.
    I think the vampire represent your own exhaustion of this fighting, it's powerful, it drains the life right out of your army, you cannot slay regardless of your efforts.
    in your fight striving to win against those dark forces, you best ally was a boy looking supernatural. The way I see this is that he's your own inner guidance that comes to your aid. It seems you feel unworthy of it.
    He clearly thinks you're worth saving even if you don't understand why.

But idk, if you think it makes no sense, disregard. I had fun writing this.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I may, do you feel like you're fighting with either other people or inner urges? Whichever, it seems to me you consider them inferior, wild, lacking in civism or something like that. Those are savage in the wrost way, faceless, without humanity.
    Even when you think they bow, they are only bidding their time, waiting to hit when the defences are gone.
    I think the vampire represent your own exhaustion of this fighting, it's powerful, it drains the life right out of your army, you cannot slay regardless of your efforts.
    in your fight striving to win against those dark forces, you best ally was a boy looking supernatural. The way I see this is that he's your own inner guidance that comes to your aid. It seems you feel unworthy of it.
    He clearly thinks you're worth saving even if you don't understand why.

But idk, if you think it makes no sense, disregard. I had fun writing this.

I loved this
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreymagine View Post
    I only vaguely remember it, but I had a dream in which I married my crush and then he turned into a literal monster hell-bent on eliminating all of humanity, so I had to kill my former-husband-now-monster-enemy to save the world.

If I believed that dreams had deeper meaning (which I don't), I'd say I unconsciously believe that—upon growing closer to my crush—I would discover he's a "monster" and a menace to society.
    So, does this explain why every Fi-dom ESI I've ever dated will go out with me once and then starts to postpone further dates?

It happened again yesterday with the latest ESI I met. Dinner at a nice restaurant (bill was $106 for two, or nice enough), and then "I'm pretty busy with work. I guess I filled my time with work and other things, like volunteering, etc. I guess I didn't want to have any free time for relationship distraction. Don't take this personally."
    WTF? Of course it's personal. It doesn't get any more personal than this.
    "Don't take anything personally about relationship distractions. Everyone has their personal focus and timeline."

Evidently, her timeline is forever while she waits for evidence that I'm a "monster" and a menace to society.

TBH, 2D Ni without an emergency to galvanize them is a pain in the ass.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nah, I don't think my dream or my silly interpretation of it is indicative of anything—certainly not my own mentality and probably not a common mentality of Fi-doms either.

What I wrote is what I think my dream would mean if it actually had significance, but it doesn't imo. I think the guy in question is an amazing person, and I'm not worried that becoming closer to him would change that perception.

Edit: You may have been joking with that question so forgive me for responding seriously if you were, but the subsequent information sounded serious in tone so I thought the question may have been as well lol.
    Nope, @Dreymagine. I wasn't joking. I believe our dreams come from a very real place and they are trying to tell us something. But, just as with the things our mothers told us in all concern for our welfare, we sometimes need to ignore their advice.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Unless my interpretations are wrong (certainly possible), my dreams are more like clueless elementary kids than wise but occasionally misguided mothers. Terrible, terrible advice.

Let's approach dreams logically. What do they consist of? Do they consist of real-world things like how to make a better electric motor, or are they mainly heavily emotional narratives? Do people speak a lot in your dreams, or do you just "know" what is going on?

My theory is that dreams are messages from the ancient lizard brain to the more recent mammalian brain. The lizard brain is the seat of emotions, but it doesn't have language, so when it conveys meaning, it does so in pictures and feelings. The mammalian brain, which we use all day long, receives these impressions and tries to assign contextural meaning to them. But often, they are just warnings from the Id, and the Id doesn't have the calculator or the memory or the flexibility (no more than instinct) of the mammalian brain, and so tends to just be like a pet lizard, watching the world and sending out warnings.

Anyway, that's my take on dreams. I see them as messages from our emotional but not logical half. The Id may be retarded, but it knows 200 million years of instincts.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only vaguely remember it, but I had a dream in which I married my crush and then he turned into a literal monster hell-bent on eliminating all of humanity, so I had to kill my former-husband-now-monster-enemy to save the world.

If I believed that dreams had deeper meaning (which I don't), I'd say I unconsciously believe that—upon growing closer to my crush—I would discover he's a "monster" and a menace to society.
    I like putting interpretations to dreams these days, so bare with me.
    I think you could be affraid of being deceived into growing close to someone who's immoral under a charming exterior.
    That's all I got.

Thinking about this, imagining an LSE trying interprete dreams is kind of funny, don't think it'd be their favorite hobby.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream that I living on a house on the beach. I stepped outside while brushing my teeth to watch the sunset and the sky was purple. My toothbrush turned off and I restarted it so that I could finish watching the sunset.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10/10 dream interpretation. I've seen your commentary on others' dreams as well, and they're always fun to read :3
    Thank you!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's approach dreams logically. What do they consist of? Do they consist of real-world things like how to make a better electric motor, or are they mainly heavily emotional narratives? Do people speak a lot in your dreams, or do you just "know" what is going on?

My theory is that dreams are messages from the ancient lizard brain to the more recent mammalian brain. The lizard brain is the seat of emotions, but it doesn't have language, so when it conveys meaning, it does so in pictures and feelings. The mammalian brain, which we use all day long, receives these impressions and tries to assign contextural meaning to them. But often, they are just warnings from the Id, and the Id doesn't have the calculator or the memory or the flexibility (no more than instinct) of the mammalian brain, and so tends to just be like a pet lizard, watching the world and sending out warnings.

Anyway, that's my take on dreams. I see them as messages from our emotional but not logical half. The Id may be retarded, but it knows 200 million years of instincts.
    Jung thought feeling evolved more or less in tandem with thinking, IIRC. Feeling is also a rational function, just as much as thinking is.

I think it's better to say dreams are governed by the irrational functions. It's very rare for what might be called "ethical" judgements to appear in dreams, and the "logic" of dreams if it can be called that is almost never "if this, then that (or "you should do that")" but rather the conjoining of ideas and impressions, which is how S and N operate. The reason people do dream analysis is to later apply a conscious rational evaluation (either ethical/emotional or logical) to what was initially presented as mostly value-free/conclusion-free impressions.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I had a dream that I living on a house on the beach. I stepped outside while brushing my teeth to watch the sunset and the sky was purple. My toothbrush turned off and I restarted it so that I could finish watching the sunset.
    Interesting.
    This interpretation will be short too. Seems small matters not being as you wish can keep you from enjoying life to it's full extent, that's from the toothbrush being resterted to enjoy the sunset.
    Or not, who knows?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really interesting. My SEI ex had dreams like that. I can barely imagine having a dream so vivid and spatially oriented. I'd describe my dreams as more "narrative." Or it's like taking part in a play. People have their acts and props have their use, but images are rather hazy and unimportant. I never remember exact shapes -- colors at most, and usually not unless their color is particularly striking. Often action "happens" "offstage;" I don't see or participate in it, but I understand that it happened, and the other "actors" move as if it did as well. Scenes can shift either forward or backward in time. Dreams like yours remind me of dreams you see in TV shows where someone can see everything in full color vision and be confused as to whether they're dreaming or real life, because almost everything (with a few exceptions like the purple sky) is normal, or was normal in the past. That's fascinating to me.

In my dreams for instance, the sky wouldn't be purple, and probably wouldn't even have a color at all, unless it were relevant to something else in a dream.

Unfortunately I don't know how to interpret your dream.

My guess is that S types' dreams are more...S-y, and N dreams are more N-y. In my limited experience comparing dreams that seems right to me.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 01-14-2022 at 06:46 PM.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of dreams about wars, where i lost myself in the violence and passage of time, that i got recurring dreams of maybe the same world and wars at a different time. like moments from one day then moments from a day months or years ahed, moments of days closer by. bomb disarming. i didnt know if i shoudl be doing it but there was a sense maybe of some kind of morality/entitlement being on the right side of conflict but where there concerns about being wrong? or did i imagine them before or now. people dying could be descirbed as nothing but it wasnt nothing. there was a cause that made it something even if it felt like nothing superficially. some kind of a numb rage/dark determination

running away as a gorilla from cops tanks and helicopters jumping really high in a futurustic city with jungles spread across islands

something a murder that i have to solve, found the murderer, exchanged words, something about revenge, was he a phantom? i dont remember if i managed to kill him but that guy pissed me off

big cities (for a dream) with inetersting designes i have to persistently figure out what works how while meeting enemies intermitently as part of a journey to meet someone and inform. its often about fighting searching surviving and experiencing endlessly
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder if handling small matters can also be allowing u to enjoy life instead of keeping u away from it

I want to care

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    I recently had a dream wherein I discovered a kitten with beautiful light blue/periwinkle fur. I was shocked to learn there had been a kitten living in my room for years that I had never noticed, but the moment I took the kitty into my arms I felt overwhelmed with love. I adored that little cat so much and I instantly knew the cat belonged to me. It was my little lovely kitten and I never let it go, but it somehow just disappeared…
    Distraught, I scampered around in a frenzy until I staggered outside my house where I saw my little kitten baby lying in the grass

Dead

And despite the heart-rending melancholy I felt looking at the fresh carcass of my furry little baby, my feelings were accompanied by a sense of wonder and peace as well because there was something so idyllic about the scene. The grass was tall and majestic, and those viridescent blades sparkled with golden dew under the morning sun. It was so beautiful, as if I had been summoned to the Elysian fields so I could part ways with my kitty in peace. But was this really happening, I thought? Did my cat have to die so soon after I finally had it in my life? Fuck Heaven’s beauty, I wanted my cat, my baby, back in my arms! I ran over to it and once it was at my feet, suddenly….
    there was no more radiant sun overhead, only a looming overcast of puffy gray clouds; the gorgeous grass between my toes was replaced with this goddamn dead, coarse feeling, awful dirt!
    And what happened to my sweet kitten…
    … it was no longer a kitten I saw, it was some grotesque worm. Or like a millipede. Or a snake, idk. Its pretty blue color was now a bilious yellow. I nearly retched. I was looking at a putrid monster, which wasn’t even dead anymore, now writhing in the dirt as if in pain or feeling uncomfortable in its own body. Or… as if it were taunting me! As if it didn’t care about me!
    I was seized by anxiety, disgust, and I felt betrayed.

Kitty, how could you do this to me? I loved you… I loved you so much…
    fear of the world not living up to ur expectations that is betraying ur love. after things die they are eaten by worms lets say. fear of loss, that u know is coming, so u reach into it already before its happened just by thinking about it which manifests it in your dream. things can manifest in reality like that too. fear of things never being good enough for u. if u project scorn on someone they can feel scorned. if the worm is scorned, it scorns back as we are all vesselves of each other's bullshit.
    maybe the worm felt betrayed, by that u cared about it when it was a cat, but not when it was a worm. as if you were uncomfortable with its own body. this can all be things true for urself as well. the worm's writhing can be ur own writhing.
    if u love me at my best would u love me at my worst? what am i and what are you? what is love and what does it mean in relation to someone that u dont even know what it is.

the worm is a symbol for a baby, growth, like the snake is for sensing, intuition, healing, good, evil and has close relationship with the tree of life. a worm is weaker than a snake, and than a cat. like a baby would also be weak

I want to care

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was dreaming of the Macroverse, trading aspirations letting go traces of fear to elongate and pursue distant and far fetched schemata and origins to crown the silver oasis of love and life with serene reflections into the miracle and power of being, forging legends sketching sweet grades of Hair.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreams access the Jungian subconscious where we are less powerful and designing. If you can harness your full inner strength, then I’m sure dreams are the catalyst to further expansion. But it’s only in acts of conscious thinking where we are creators rather than spectators. It’s kind of like Spinoza where we understand why we feel the way we do. Or it’s like Plato’s allegory or the cave where our perception can shoot through the roof. You can’t leave anything up to chance. You have to be the builder, not the dreamer.

Ancient evolutionary roots into the so-called mind of man seems to be a starting jumper booster into the mechanics and engineering of what we experience, but sometimes dreams lead to supernatural experiences, where we have to accelerate many levels beyond past every known to unknown to inexplicable bridge and beyond. And there are no limits to an open mind, no thread of imagination that can be stopped.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    a lot of dreams about wars, where i lost myself in the violence and passage of time, that i got recurring dreams of maybe the same world and wars at a different time. like moments from one day then moments from a day months or years ahed, moments of days closer by. bomb disarming. i didnt know if i shoudl be doing it but there was a sense maybe of some kind of morality/entitlement being on the right side of conflict but where there concerns about being wrong? or did i imagine them before or now. people dying could be descirbed as nothing but it wasnt nothing. there was a cause that made it something even if it felt like nothing superficially. some kind of a numb rage/dark determination

running away as a gorilla from cops tanks and helicopters jumping really high in a futurustic city with jungles spread across islands

something a murder that i have to solve, found the murderer, exchanged words, something about revenge, was he a phantom? i dont remember if i managed to kill him but that guy pissed me off

big cities (for a dream) with inetersting designes i have to persistently figure out what works how while meeting enemies intermitently as part of a journey to meet someone and inform. its often about fighting searching surviving and experiencing endlessly
    Sounds to me as a lot of meaningless fighting.
    Why did the war start?
    Why were you chased?
    Why did you have to solve a murder case?
    Why do you have so many ennemis to kill, so much survival and figuring out to do?

Your sleep sounds restless, I'm exhausted just reading it.

wth, I shouldn't be writing about dreams rn.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got covid, then my mom had it. Then I had a dream that she was going to jail for a few months and there was nothing I could do about it. Clear connection, I think.

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds to me as a lot of meaningless fighting.
    Why did the war start?
    Why were you chased?
    Why did you have to solve a murder case?
    Why do you have so many ennemis to kill, so much survival and figuring out to do?

Your sleep sounds restless, I'm exhausted just reading it.

wth, I shouldn't be writing about dreams rn.
    the meaninglessness is a thing that implies purpose. if nothing matters, every little thing matters bc thats all there is in that nothing. what ive described is life in a large and broader scale, with the most traumatising and difficult aspects to get through. u get through them one after another consistently. always moving always pushing always going forward because when theres pressure u have to move. why do we have enemies= why do we have struggles. life is a struggle. why do we start wars? is it necessity? is it people's biases? are the biases implicit in existence? whatever it is u ahve to deal with it.
    because there was a murder case, i had to solve it. i cant just leave it. u cant ignore ur issues and pretend its fine. if i didnt solve it he'd murder someone else. perhaps it was all even related to me somehow, but rn im thinking even if it wasnt related to me more directly thats not a reason to leave it.

I want to care

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn’t remember my dreams for a really long time and then I’ve been remembering them the last few nights.

in one I was giving birth to twin boys. The first was easy, but the second, no matter how hard I tried, I could not push that baby out. The first seemed so easy and the second, I just couldn’t do it. It seemed so hard.

Another, my husband and I were going to go white water rafting, and we kept opening doors upon doors for the right place to go rafting. We would open then big aluminum like steel doors and inside would be rushing water. This one room looked like it was it, but I told him it looked dangerous, and I saw way off in the distance and around the corner, people drowning, and screaming, and suffering, and I said we shouldn’t enter here. But we did any way. Then the dream ended.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    That's really interesting. My SEI ex had dreams like that. I can barely imagine having a dream so vivid and spatially oriented. I'd describe my dreams as more "narrative." Or it's like taking part in a play. People have their acts and props have their use, but images are rather hazy and unimportant. I never remember exact shapes -- colors at most, and usually not unless their color is particularly striking. Often action "happens" "offstage;" I don't see or participate in it, but I understand that it happened, and the other "actors" move as if it did as well. Scenes can shift either forward or backward in time. Dreams like yours remind me of dreams you see in TV shows where someone can see everything in full color vision and be confused as to whether they're dreaming or real life, because almost everything (with a few exceptions like the purple sky) is normal, or was normal in the past. That's fascinating to me.

In my dreams for instance, the sky wouldn't be purple, and probably wouldn't even have a color at all, unless it were relevant to something else in a dream.

My guess is that S types' dreams are more...S-y, and N dreams are more N-y. In my limited experience comparing dreams that seems right to me.
    hm i didn't think movie dreams were realistic either as mine aren't like the movies. my dreams only started getting more "realistic" as i got older. And it's definitely not easy to recall colors and all that.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always get dreams of the future and when that thing happens I think of words deliberately in order to send a message to my past self. Only these thoughts are just a repetition of what’s was in my dream about the future.

A lot of these messages are useless because they’re a dramatic interpretation of what will happen in the future. “You’ll get back to talking to this person” or “I’m suffering because I’m sick”

They’re only few seconds and so unimportant that I don’t bother trying to remember them.
    ترفرف كالأجنحة غير المنظورة حول رأسي

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few days ago, I had a dream that I was staying in a hotel. I was with my kids and laying in bed and notice a worm. A tiny light brown worm wiggling around. But I realized this wasn’t an ordinary worm. Then I noticed more, by the front of the bed in the carpet. I realized they were snakes. Baby snakes that grew fast and multiplied fast, and they were as hard to shake as bed bugs. They started growing bigger, but no one else seem to care or think it was as big of a deal as I did. One grew and grew and grew, and it was huge. It was like no one else saw the size of it. It opened its mouth and I looked inside, and it was almost plant like on the inside, two large stems wrapped around each other coiling up and down with tops like a dead dandelion. I screamed and ran, and it bit the back of my ankle. And no one else could see it. And I told everyone in the hotel, they are contagious like lice, and they are everywhere, we must get rid of them.

that’s about all I can remember
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    A few days ago, I had a dream that I was staying in a hotel. I was with my kids and laying in bed and notice a worm. A tiny light brown worm wiggling around. But I realized this wasn’t an ordinary worm. Then I noticed more, by the front of the bed in the carpet. I realized they were snakes. Baby snakes that grew fast and multiplied fast, and they were as hard to shake as bed bugs. They started growing bigger, but no one else seem to care or think it was as big of a deal as I did. One grew and grew and grew, and it was huge. It was like no one else saw the size of it. It opened its mouth and I looked inside, and it was almost plant like on the inside, two large stems wrapped around each other coiling up and down with tops like a dead dandelion. I screamed and ran, and it bit the back of my ankle. And no one else could see it. And I told everyone in the hotel, they are contagious like lice, and they are everywhere, we must get rid of them.

that’s about all I can remember
    You are good at describing dreams, at least in a way that brings strong spooky images to my mind.

The way you described the giant worm/snake made me think that inside its mouth could act as a portal - so you were able to glimpse a different location that your kids and other residents of the hotel were not aware of.

I wondered what could happen if you crawled down the two twisted large stems (like Jack and the beanstalk?)...could you arrive at a landscape like one from Spyro the dragon (?)

With the tops of the stems being like dead dandelions, I thought that your dream self might have made a connection between seeds spreading and the snakes being contagious.

Why the snake wanted to bite you, I am not sure. But that could be your evidence of having witnessed a strange creature from a strange place...maybe with that unusual wound someone would believe you. Because of that, I want to suggest that you made a successful escape from the hotel

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    You are good at describing dreams, at least in a way that brings strong spooky images to my mind.

The way you described the giant worm/snake made me think that inside its mouth could act as a portal - so you were able to glimpse a different location that your kids and other residents of the hotel were not aware of.

I wondered what could happen if you crawled down the two twisted large stems (like Jack and the beanstalk?)...could you arrive at a landscape like one from Spyro the dragon (?)

With the tops of the stems being like dead dandelions, I thought that your dream self might have made a connection between seeds spreading and the snakes being contagious.

Why the snake wanted to bite you, I am not sure. But that could be your evidence of having witnessed a strange creature from a strange place...maybe with that unusual wound someone would believe you. Because of that, I want to suggest that you made a successful escape from the hotel
    lol thank you

I think the worms were meant to represent some negative and intrusive thoughts I was having and to me they were turning into snakes. But no matter how much I stressed to others, they could not see it. Looking inside the snake part was really weird. It was almost alien like. But there was friction inside, and I think that friction wanted to eat me, devour me. That’s the feeling I got from it. So it was like my own thoughts were wanting to eat me alive and chew me up lol

that’s kinda what I took from it considering what was going on in my life at the time. But I like your interpretation, it’s very adventurous
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    lol thank you

I think the worms were meant to represent some negative and intrusive thoughts I was having and to me they were turning into snakes. But no matter how much I stressed to others, they could not see it. Looking inside the snake part was really weird. It was almost alien like. But there was friction inside, and I think that friction wanted to eat me, devour me. That’s the feeling I got from it. So it was like my own thoughts were wanting to eat me alive and chew me up lol

that’s kinda what I took from it considering what was going on in my life at the time. But I like your interpretation, it’s very adventurous
    I think you two are refering to the same thing in very different ways, really interesting to see.
    Thoughts can be seen as seeds that will grow and spread, intrusive thoughts that makes snakes dreams are probably best weeded.
    There's a saying that the only way out is in, the snakes mouth being a portal makes sense, a portal to the root of the problem. It's scary and demanding to weed out, but letting it all fester too.
    No one but the person having them can see those intrusive thoughts growing and becoming a problem, being bitten sounds like the potential of psychosomatic illness that may happen, hence making it more visible to the world.

I don't mean to scare you with this, Reverie, just thoughts I hope may help. Take care and be kind to yourself, you deserve it.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream that I was in a pool and someone was pushing my head under water. Someone was trying to drown me.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An LSE told me that, when he retires, he wants to start a blueberry farm in Michigan.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(This dream was unusual for me because it had numbers in it.)

I had a bizarre dream about angels and demons. The angels and demons were all identical cute shirtless guys with white or black wings and blonde or black hair, depending on whether they were angels or demons respectively. They were waging war on Earth, and humans didn't exist yet (except for me, I guess, because I was there). The two generals, the devil and Gabriel, had a meeting on a rocky pleateu in neutral territory. They discussed what I knew were important matters, but I either didn't hear the details or can't remember them. After the meeting, the devil returned to the demonic army's base, which was at the bottom of a desert canyon. I decided for some reason that it was a good idea to go with the literal devil, maybe because he looked like a cute teenage boy and didn't seem evil to me.

Upon our arrival at the demonic base, the devil called a meeting with all the demons. Once they were all gathered, I realized there were only seven of them, the devil included. He started the meeting by listing 693 names. (I didn't actually hear or count the names that he listed; I just naturally understood that's what he had done.) The demon sitting on the rock to the right of mine—because we were all using rocks as seats—whispered to me that the devil began every official meeting by listing off the names of the comrades that had died in the war (thus far) in order to honor their sacrifice. I found it sad that they had begun fighting with 700 soldiers and were down to only 7. It was especially pitiful when considering that their enemy, the angelic army, still had thousands of soldiers.

Once the devil finished listing off the names of his fallen comrades, he said it was "torture time," which earned excited cheers from the demons. Torture time apparently involved the devil giving everyone an odd punishment. He went around the circle of rock chairs and punished each of the demons by magically giving them diarrhea or by handing them a food that they didn't like and telling them to eat it. I was super weirded out and also nervous. When he got to me, he just gave me a large bowl of fruit, which was a relief since I love fruit. He said something along the lines of "it's torture because you don't like blueberries—and there's blueberries in it." And I was like, "Eh, whatever. They're not that bad." I awkwardly ate the fruit bowl while the devil stood there staring at me intently. That was the end of the dream.

I have no clue what this would mean tbh.
    This reminds me of outcasts.
    The demons aren't really bad, they are black sheeps fighting to survive, losing members to the large mass. Seems fitting to me you'd naturaly follow the demons since you hang around here, lol.
    This punishment thing remind of how when you're an outcast, you can end up being seen as bad, which can lead to thinking of oneself as bad, therefore deserving of punishement. The punishment is up to the person's conscience. Diarrhea is rather shamefull, mostly happening in public, while a few blueberries through a bunch of fruit you love is closer to symbolical punishment, to be part of the group.
    You didn't really seem to fit in anywhere, you were the outcast of the outcasts, an observer who participated to know what was happening and when nothing really bad came out of it.
    Or maybe being watched eating was the real punishment, sounds awful honestly, bleh.

Or something else entirely.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream that I was in a pool and someone was pushing my head under water. Someone was trying to drown me.
    Do you ever feel threatened? Like others have bad intention towards you?

Or maybe you feel like you can't keep up with life and you're being drowned by it all.
    Could be covid and all, or something more personal.
    Idk.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post

My dreams vary in vividness and type of narrative. Sometimes I’m watching the dream unfold from a third person perspective, sometimes it’s first person, sometimes it switches off. For many of my dreams, I have no recollection of seeing color.

I know what you mean about events happening “offstage” in a dream. I think that’s an excellent way of describing it. Sometimes it happens with the setting too. For example, I might “know” that I’m in someone’s van even though the van was just a boat. I wonder if this feeling of knowing is our way of “staying in” in the dream or maintaining the dream state in spite of the dream’s oddness or inconsistencies.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream about fairies last night. I was cresting a grassy hill in a meadow on a beautiful day. Walking alongside me on the dirt path, there was was a small blue fairy--so small that the crown of her head just barely reached my knees. I understood that we were companions and had journeyed to this area to find work. We made a living by traveling from town to town and visiting fairies who paid us for help with carrying out errands or doing chores.

After we descended the grassy hill, we saw a bench just to left of the path. On the bench, there was an open purse filled with cash. Just before my companion could rush to steal the purse, I grabbed her wrist. I told her something along the lines of "don't be silly, you know better than to fall for a trick like that! The dark fairies are trying to tempt you to leave the path!" We both understood that the dirt pathway was protecting us from the dark fairies' charms. The moment that we stepped from it, we'd be vulnerable. The fairy pouted, but I knew that she would listen to me so I released her wrist and we continued walking toward our destination, which was wooden playground on the horizon.

When we reached the playground, we climbed onto it. We knew that it was the residence of a light fairy and therefore safe for us to enter--despite it being located slightly off the path. Tinkerbelle--who was the same size as my fey companion--greeted us at the entrance. I asked her if she had any work for us, and she told me that she had some cleaning that she needed done. I understood that it was only a one-person job, and I didn't want my companion to sit idly by when she could be earning money elsewhere, so I asked Tinkerbell if there was any other light fairy in the vicinity who needed work done. She then explained that an elderly light fairy named Miss Grenaldine had left a purse of money on a bench nearby--just in case any wanderers in need of money happened to pass by. According to Tinkerbelle, if anyone took the money, they entered into a magical work contract: spend a day doing Miss Grenaldine's yard work and keep the money.

My fey companion gave me a vindicated look that said, "See, not a dark fairy's trap! You could've let me grab it!" Then, she vanished and a sparkly symbol of butterfly appeared on the ground where she'd been standing. I knew that it was the temporary mark of a fey teleportation spell, and I understood that she had teleported back to the bench in order to accept Miss Grenaldine's job offer. She would do yard work, I would clean, and we would meet up afterwards; that was always our routine when we worked separately. With her gone, I returned my attention to Tinkerbelle and she provided me with details about what exactly I needed to clean. Then, she vanished just like my fey companion had, the image of a butterfly sparkling on the ground in her wake.

After I finished the chores that Tinkerbelle had assigned me, that weird thing happened where I woke up from the dream in the dream. I got out of bed and looked over at my college roommate, who was still sleeping in her bed. I understood that she was the blue fairy and that we traveled to the fey dimension every night in our sleep. My roommate was twitching violently in her sleep, and I felt concerned. I knew that spasming in one's sleep was a sign that they fallen to the charms of a dark fairy in the fey dimension. I realized that Grenaldine might've been a dark fairy after all. Then I woke up for real.

In the dream, I'm concerned about the possibility of a companion falling to the deception of someone in another world. If I had to come up with a meaning for the dream, I would say that I'm concerned about a Christian friend being led astray spiritually. (Not feeling concerned about this.)
    Your personal interpretation of the dream makes sense to me, so I am borrowing from your ideas when I describe this:

When the blue fairy rushed forward to reach for the open purse, it felt to me that she had done this before - without your knowledge - and had no suffered ill-consequences.
    Her confidence came from secret "knowing" that you have not been let in on yet; either because she thinks you will become sick with concern for her, or because she is ashamed of her double life.

This impression continued when she vanished in a sparkle of a butterfly symbol. She might teleport to Miss Grenaldine, but only after a de-tour to another place.

Because you each went your separate ways I felt some distrust because of the divide between what can be physically seen (e.g. she "vanished") and the dark/unplanned elements in life that can interfere with a normal routine but are difficult to justify or explain to others.

I thought it interesting that your fairy companion was blue. That detail along with the blue berries from a previous dream might have a special significance to you?

As a side note, the play ground at the school from my childhood (when I was 7~8 years old) was completely made of un-stained wood and was unlike any playground I had ever seen at that age.
    You have reminded me of the splinters I used to get through my tights when I climbed on it, it is quite a visceral feeling

Anyway. That to me was another interesting detail - the presence of a playground, and the fairy being so small and mischievous that she can be perceived as a child.

It's amazing that you can recall your dreams in such detail. I may or may not dream, it is a mystery to me.

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream that I was in stardew valley chasing down some chickens
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oo these thoughts are interesting, thank you for sharing! :3

Hmm, that's a good point. I hadn't noticed.

If blue has special significance in my dreams, it's probably representative of sadness; that's what I most associate the color with. Regarding my dream about angels and demons, the association could signify that my punishment of eating the blueberries—which were interspersed through other fruit and "not that bad"—symbolize a mild melancholy that comes and goes. In my dream about fairies, the association could signify that my companion's decision to go astray is causing her sadness. Or perhaps she's not sad but will cause me sadness.
    That's an interesting way to look at it - the blue, like melancholy that comes and goes, managed to work its way into both those dreams. It seemed to stand out amongst the other colours you mentioned/colours of the landscapes.

Yeah, blue fairy definitely struck me as childish and mischievous. Tinkerbell gave me a more mature/adult-like impression, and yet she lived in a playground for some reason. Perhaps the fairies of my dream world were all children at heart.
    Their world, on the surface at least, seemed kind and forgiving.

Awe, I hope you start being able to recall them at some point. I think it's fun to reflect on dreams, even if they're ultimately meaningless.

But I don't always remember my dreams as clearly as I described this one. My memory of last night's dream was pretty hazy, for example, so my summary will be pretty vague and only a few sentences long.
    Thanks I hope so.

Even if the dreams are meaningless I do think the characters you "meet" in them or the sheer outer-worldliness of dreams (where anything seems possible) can inspire creativity. Whether that is a dream that is crystal clear or one that is fragmented but still has curious parts.

A periwinkle kitten, or brushing teeth on the beach while watching a sunset are both so strange to me that I'd want to capture those in a drawing or needlework to bring them to real life, somehow.

Recalling a dream can provide artistic, creative ideas that the mind might not otherwise be open to - if that makes sense.