Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had two dreams last night.

In the first dream, I was 27 again, back working in a machine tool factory in Detroit on Eight Mile Rd. The factory was dirty and the neighborhood looked like it had been bombed, but I loved my work and was certain that I was going to go on to do great things.

I no longer believe that I’m going to do great things. Or maybe my definition of “great” has changed.

In my second dream, I was about 30 and was sitting at the kitchen table in my grandmother’s house, talking to my mother and her sister (my aunt). They told me that my grandmother was getting married today, and I said “Wait a minute! Why aren’t we at the church?”
    They said that she’s marrying a 20 yo guy who doesn’t have a job, and I was outraged.
    “How can she do that?”, I asked. “He’s only after her money.”

In reality, my ESI grandmother didn’t have any money. She was widowed at the age of 49 or so and lived alone until she died at age 87.

Sometimes, I think that my subconscious hates me.

♛♛♛ 𝔓𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔐𝔞𝔦𝔷𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔫 ♛♛♛ Astor's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI~N™
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyFairyWorld View Post
    My mom read the whole book and saw the whole movie. I read none, and saw part of the movie. Flames of the descending journey glide from tower to stream in a mirage of secrets and time remotes. It was chilling, deathly, oblivion. Your dream with sonority in the wind is trance and force. I always loved puzzles of extreme reinventing of dimensions. That life is building and conceptualizing flights of stairs to some ascended simulated city with every afterlife mutant is enthralling.
    I agree! I really liked it. I remember watching it in high school when the tv show came out and I had to wait for each episode. One of the first I actually waited on and religiously watched. The story of the house it was based on is also spooky!

·:*¨༺
    ༻¨*:·.
    𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
    քɨռȶɛʀɛֆȶ
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII-Fi 614
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream in which my two younger sisters and I were going to run away together. Before we could leave, however, I had to destroy everything within an abandoned warehouse. This was relatively easy to accomplish since I had superpowers.

I walked around the factory, using my powers to melt objects into a hot, viscous substance that looked like hot glue. While I was melting things, my sisters worked on a couple tasks that I had assigned them. First, they scooped the viscous liquid into large containers. Secondly, they piled a large stock of food onto a mattress. As soon as I finished melting everything in the factory, we would climb onto the mattress and I would use my powers to fly us away magic-carpet style.

Unfortunately, I made a mistake that foiled our plan. Rather than melting one of the objects (a giant water park slide), I used my telekinesis to break it in half and launch it outside. The two halves of the slide landed with a crash in a nearby parking lot. A redhead girl in the parking lot looked in the direction from whence the flying slide came—and saw me standing in the open doorway of the warehouse.

I panicked and darted into the factory when I saw her pull out her phone and bring it to her ear. I knew she was calling the cops, which meant I only had a few minutes to finish melting everything before the police would arrive and arrest us. Although I frantically rushed to complete the task in time, I soon heard sirens at the front of the factory; it was too late.

I told my sisters to escape through the back door and apologized for leaving them behind. Before they could even respond, I became invisible and flew away.

I love it when dreams give me superpowers. So fun.

TIM
    EII-Fi 614
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a dream in which I was a demigod daughter of Athena married to a demigod son of Poseidon. One day, my husband and his band of demigod warriors approached me. I saw golden liquid glistening on their swords in the sunlight and knew it to be ichor, the blood of the gods. The sight filled me with horror as its significance dawned on me; without my knowledge, they had gone through with their plan of deicide and killed the entire pantheon.

The dream flashed forward in time, and the mood shifted to a feeling of fathomless despair. I was sitting at the edge of a pond—deep in the woods, wearing a white gown, and cloaked in the darkness of night. Having just given birth to a son, I dropped him into the water and watched him sink without a tinge of guilt. Soon, my husband arrived, furious and demanding to know where his child was. I ignored him as he frantically searched the pond and the surrounding woods in vain.

Well, that felt dark.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an unusual dream last night.

There was a band. Three of the band members looked almost identical. One of them, maybe the leader, was explaining how each of them plays the instrument they prefer to play and excel at: The drummer is great on drums, the second guy is great on guitar, and the third one was maybe the singer (don't remember). So they all had their tasks and all the band members played well together.

They started playing. It was "Sgt Pepper's lonely hearts club". It sounded good. The intro was pretty loud, I remember the drummer hitting the drums hard, as to really get the song going. Then when the singer started singing ("It was twenty years ago today...") the drummer adjusted his playing and played more quietly. (As you would expect from a good drummer). The other band members also joined the singing in certain parts.

They continued, and suddenly there were other people around, maybe a whole crowd of people, and there was a football (soccer) game (!) and I was still listening to the band. The ball got kicked out from the soccer field, so the game came to a halt, I think. I was saying something about the song. My friend (LII) was now there, and I said something to him about how great the song was. He answered something, but he had his own interpretation, somewhat detached or intellectual.

---

It was a strange dream, I had it just before waking up so I remembered it. I think I know what it means. I felt a certain mood or even feeling in my body from the dream after waking up. (It's interesting how one can even interpret dreams with the body, sometimes)
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627