Hybrid View

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dream Interpretation Thread

so i woke up a couple hours ago and i can't go back to sleep. i dreamt that instead of a ribcage, i just had a birdcage in its place (or my ribcage doubled as a birdcage, whatever) and everyone was trying to coax the little yellow bird out from my ribs. and i was upset and telling everyone to fuck off because it really hurt. as they called the little birdie out, its beak would poke through my flesh and everyone was oblivious to it tearing a hole through me. "come here, little bird" and i'm just screaming because the bird is flapping inside my ribcage. i don't think the bird got out, but i can't recall how the dream began or ended, so maybe?

anyway, what does this mean?
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    so i woke up a couple hours ago and i can't go back to sleep. i dreamt that instead of a ribcage, i just had a birdcage in its place (or my ribcage doubled as a birdcage, whatever) and everyone was trying to coax the little yellow bird out from my ribs. and i was upset and telling everyone to fuck off because it really hurt. as they called the little birdie out, its beak would poke through my flesh and everyone was oblivious to it tearing a hole through me. "come here, little bird" and i'm just screaming because the bird is flapping inside my ribcage. i don't think the bird got out, but i can't recall how the dream began or ended, so maybe?

birdcage instaed of ribcage. Is the bird where your heart would be?
    Does it flutter like a heart? This would be supported by this.
    Dream Moods: Your Dream Symbol Interpretation

Perhaps you're feeling like you can't let go of you heart/love/free spirit for some reason? Would it leave you vulnurable to pain? is a person/people pushing you or demanding that you open up more or something like this?

anyway just some things off the top of my head. maybe relevant maybe not. anyway hope you work it out, doesn't sound too pleasant.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think the bird was my heart, it was more disturbing than that… like i was a normal functioning body except there was a small yellow bird living in my ribcage and everyone was trying to get it out. using that website you gave, i found these two to be paradoxical:

Yellow Bird
    To see a yellow bird in your dream, foretells good luck in financial affairs, but not so good in affairs of the heart.
    Rib
    To see ribs in your dream, symbolizes poverty and misery.
    so which is it?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think the bird was my heart, it was more disturbing than that… like i was a normal functioning body except there was a small yellow bird living in my ribcage and everyone was trying to get it out. using that website you gave, i found these two to be paradoxical:

so which is it?
    The dream interpretations on the I find tend to be reasonably accurate, but it will depend on the overall context of the dream.
    O.K. do you know why they wanted to get it out?
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    You are supposed to use Dreammoods as a consultant, but the dream symbols there are only the collective ones (Jung's collective unconscious). You have your own personal symbols, and that's where you have to look. What do you feel about the color yellow, what do you feel about birds, what do you feel about people and birdcages and your ribcage, for that matter.

Use dreammoods to see if you instantly recognize the symbol, if not, then what is written is wrong.

Dreams don't forecast richness or poverty, btw, that's just ridiculous. (OK, some trends can of course be predicted by the unconscious, but in general, not much). Dreams explain psychic energies, so that you, if you understand them, can cooperate better with yourself.

See the symbols in your dream in this context:
    - What are you struggling with in your life lately?
    - What are people up to around you?
    - What are you hiding from yourself?
    etc.

Then see if you can make sense of the dream.

Another trick is to see the dream in context of other dreams you have had lately. They are often linked.
    This is very good.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1981slater's POV

The bird represents your inner feelings. You don't want people to get to them, since you are actually a very sensitive person. Because of that, you project the opposite traits: aggressive, harsh language, for instance. When you tell someone your feelings, the truth can never remain unknown, it's like a nuclear launch: once you go to war, you can't simply go back. So it's always better to negotiate instead of letting it go!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-Cyclops

That's a disturbing dream. Dunno what it means though - there's no opposite to it really, it's sort of a stuck in the middle thing...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn.

Even though it causes you pain, the bird sounds like positive imagery, perhaps representing innocence, creativity, the capacity to feel overwhelming emotions. The fact that the people are calling to the bird, rather than telling you to let it out, speaks to a disconnect: the bird is inside of you, so it is something that you feel like is a part of you, but you feel like people are asking too much of you; perhaps all at once, or with regards to one particular issue, rather than being stretched thin. Perhaps you feel like other people place too much emphasis on the bird when they look at you, or that it matters more than you as a complete person. You feel like your real gestalt "self" is being compromised by the over-emphasis on this one thing; your actions are misaligned with your real personal interests and investments. The bird flapping indicates some kind of urgency, perhaps an approaching deadline or pivotal choice that you would rather avoid.

Creepy-male

I'm not joking here, but it's pretty... odd. And not entirely safe for work, I guess? tl;dr, I've had two dreams where I've had a female's equipment, and they were very NSFW.

I was in a hospital that was being assaulted by demons or something, and it was filled with hospital staff, reporters, and the military (was it legions of SWAT teams? They all had that padded blue armor on). Skip ahead, and I'm watching a room (from like, outside the walls, so it's like I'm floating in space and there's a wall missing) where there's these two nurses chatting next to some guy on a trolley. Anyway, one of these demons has tentacles, and my dream-camera is at around floor level, so I see it snaking along, then the dream camera jumps up to around normal height, and the tentacle snakes around one of the nurses' legs, before abruptly doing what a demonic tentacle might be inclined to do finding itself in such a situation. At this exact moment, all hell breaks loose, and there's lots of running and screaming and, while I can't see what's happening (because I'm, um, enjoying the chaos), there's bloodstains on the wall and people stumbling trying to run as fast as they can. At any rate, I suddenly get this impulse to force down on my equipment really hard, and it morphs into that of a female's. Not sure if I had breasts, though, which is relevant, because...

...this is not an isolated incident. I was in a castle, or a school, or something, and for some reason (I'm vague on the story, but I can obviously remember the insane bits that make me scratch my head when I wake up) my friend and I get sent down this tower to what basically wound up being a pantry (we were sent to retrieve something or other) where we're accosted by some dude who summons a giant slime mold. I think I offer to distract it, or sacrifice myself, or something of that nature, because it attacks me with a fairly non-slimy appendage. The dream ends with me pinned quite some ways up a wall with said appendage in a certain region. As a side note, it was supporting me pretty well.

Then there's another dream where I was a girl searching around in a haunted mansion for my brother, and then I was my brother; but I think this is just a case of how I tend to be lots of different things in my dreams. I've even been Puss In Boots from Shrek 2, for example. (I got executed by an angry mob outside a stadium that time.)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your dreams are like really weird anime, and you have massively repressed sexual urges.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Your dreams are like really weird anime, and you have massively repressed sexual urges.
    Massive repression issues, yes, but why are they coming out as me being female?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Birdcage
    To see a birdcage in your dream, represents a loss of freedom. You are feeling locked up and unable to fully express yourself.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh the things i do on impulse late at night… sigh. i wish i hadn't posted that now but thanks anyway, guys.

@ mimosa - i agree with you re the symbols. i find the universal interpretations interesting, even if they don't necessarily apply. but yeah, i'm pretty sure it had little to do with finances.

tbh interpreting my own dreams makes me kind of uncomfortable. but if i continue to think about it maybe i'll pick up a paintbrush and let my hand interpret it for me. pretty much the easiest way for me to "confront" things i'm not yet aware of. a;lsdkfj;asldfjka;lskdfja;lsdfjkas;df;;;

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Analyze this one:

I dreamed that an 80 foot snake was eating a bunch of young adult men. (in early twenties/late teens) The snake almost ate me but I dodged it. Before he came down to try and ate me I knew I would make it. (It's not so much I dodged it just like the snake purposefully missed me almost like he didn't want to eat me) Still, I was terrified as hell. One time when the snake scooped up a bunch of people, one of the guys pushed his bro down to save him. But he died anyway from the height of the fall.

Oh the snake was in a field, just a large open green field. there was also a tree. I knew somehow if I went around the tree, that the snake would not eat me.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You hate being told what to do. You really value your independence. You don't want to follow OR lead, you kind of just want to go your own way. Artistically.

=p. *shrug* I dunno. But that's my guess.

Creepy-male

well [Zero Punctuation] is a video game review show where ths guy with a bitter and cynical attitude rips ruthlessly into games
    and he dismissed some shooter as "It's probably some thing where a macho American kills everything and then a girl has sex with his gun"
    then I wind up in a situation where I have an assault rifle
    which in hindsight was firing rounds that were exploding trees
    and I charge this wooded area next to a cliff wiht my squad
    and yes, exploding trees, clouds of blood; but everyone dies
    so I keep moving, and head up a hill
    and there's this naked girl there, I think she may have been being attacked by one of the enemy combatants, who I pew pewed
    reviewer's description of the game comes true, so this girl is going wild with my gun
    but I'm too busy scanning around me everywhere for more of the enemy
    then a gargoyle from World of Warcraft comes down from the sky, and I see someone sneak into this shopping mall
    because for some reason up the hill was this suburban area
    and I'm like, "Aha!"
    then someone comes at me just as my alarm goes off
    I'm interested in wtf the gargoyle was doing there

--

Krig, to answer your questions, Death (as in, the robed figure) probably doesn't have much significance to me, except as maybe someone who is double-cool (cool customer and rather impressive). The TARDIS is actually my generic spaceship, it's a fairly strong association for me.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been dreaming I'm pregnant for the last couple of days. I'm not pregnant. I don't want to be pregnant. Dreams don't mean anything. I think it's just random thoughts you collect throughout the day that surface.

/you're welcome

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.
    It's all......true.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not for me. Dunno, dreams can be interpreted any way you want and it'll almost always seem true.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It means you are inhibited from being spontaneous. And then there are people in your life who try to prod you to act spontaneous in some particular way, and you don't want to, and you find their prodding to be annoying.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dream I had last night

I was robbing a house together with a friend. We had broken into the house. At some point we noticed that the owners were returning home. We ran through the rooms to hide or jump out of a window to escape. The rooms were very big, apparently the home of some rich people. For some reason we couldn't escape, so we decided to stay in a room and fool the owners that we were just some guests of a party that had taken place in the house earlier. (This seems a little illogical, but it felt natural). The plan was to pretend that we had been too drunk and just had forgotten to leave the party because we were playing music. (You know, the kind of really harmless guests who just forgets to go home when the party is over and it's really late and then they find a piano and start playing, totally absorbed).

So, there were some musical instruments and we started to play. My friend was playing the violin (or piano) and I was singing. About the same time the owner of the house entered the room (he was a man). The plan worked because he didn't seem to think it was odd to find us there. We were playing from a sheet of music and as we played I could follow the notes. I was impressed how well my friend could play considering he hadn't seen the music before. I was also impressed with the way he phrased the melody. I remember thinking something like: now I really understand what it's like to interpret music. We played some classical pieces and ended with jazz (Louis Armstrong or something like that). The man in the room still didn't seem to suspect anything. He was just thinking like "ok, these last guests are soon leaving." I took a jacket I had stolen from the house earlier and we left the room. (Hiding the jacket so the man wouldn't notice). At the door my friend said something that made the man a little suspicious, but nothing more than that. We left the room.

We came to the hallway and were about to leave the house. There was a baby. My friend picked up the baby and we stepped outside. I was like "Now way! We're not kidnapping a baby!" But he was stubborn, wouldn't put it down. I was like: Shit! As we ran from the house with the baby we heard that the owners had noticed what had happened and they were coming after us. We ran away and I was so mad at my friend: "This was the perfect crime, but you blew it!"

End of dream

I forget my dreams very easily, so I try to record them as soon as I wake up (talking into a microphone). Writing them down is too much effort, I am very sleepy in the mornings.

I don't know how to interpret dreams. And I don't know if I really care about it either. There are some sites on the web with interpretations and it's interesting. But in this dream I really think that stealing a baby and playing music and robbing someones home has some symbolic content.
    Last edited by Nowisthetime; 03-25-2010 at 07:38 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wow, Freud would have fun with that.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My analysis:

You want to save the world but you can't. You want to help a whole lot of people but you know that in all reality people help themselves and the only thing you COULD do was punish people for making mistakes. But you don't have the heart to do that. So, you're genuinely conflicted and you're trying to like, play out and sort the drama in your dream.

Creepy-male

Default Dream questions

So, I had a dream in which I got really angry at something while someone else was talking to me. I get distracted from the dream conversation by acting out angry fantasies in my head, so I have to ask the person to repeat themselves.

Two things stand out here: #1 is the presence of my own inner monologue within a dream, #2 is the presence of my own voice within a dream. Is this in any way significant?

Also, I woke up feeling pretty pissed off. Neurologically, why would dream emotions persist somewhat into the waking world?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

According to my book on the subject (which I think is useless and a bit of a nonsense, but the aspects are interesting) - it probably means that you are trying to direct your dream as some reflection of what you would like to do in Real Life, and that in Real Life, you are possibly being ignored by someone or something, and also you are sexually repressed and are having unhealthy subcoscious desires.

I don't think it's much of a surprise to have troublesome sleep pass over into the realm of the wakeful - you probably notice sometimes after a break in sleeping that you were overclocking your brain.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    So, I had a dream in which I got really angry at something while someone else was talking to me. I get distracted from the dream conversation by acting out angry fantasies in my head, so I have to ask the person to repeat themselves.

Two things stand out here: #1 is the presence of my own inner monologue within a dream, #2 is the presence of my own voice within a dream. Is this in any way significant?

Also, I woke up feeling pretty pissed off. Neurologically, why would dream emotions persist somewhat into the waking world?
    I don't know what to say about the rest, but the last part, the dreams are still kicking up the chemicals/hormones/whateverthey'recalled, even if you are asleep. It takes a bit before those to subside.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I don't know what to say about the rest, but the last part, the dreams are still kicking up the chemicals/hormones/whateverthey'recalled, even if you are asleep. It takes a bit before those to subside.
    Thought it would be something like that.

Next question: in a chemical sense then, what is anger? Have the neuroboffins tied it down to anything in particular? Even speculatively?

@SubT: I'm more curious about the fact that I had actual "things" tying me down to being very specifically myself in this dream, such as my voice and my internal monologue. Normally I'm a disembodied observer in my dreams, but in this particular dream the feeling of anger was enough to cause me to hear my own internal monologue within the dream (I was thinking to myself I'd pen a strongly worded letter to the person who was making me angry), and hearing that was enough to distract me from the dream conversation, because I just couldn't focus on/hear the other person over what was happening in my head.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Couldn't it be the case that you are more involved\angry in the dream? It may simply be that sometimes you use dreams as an attempt to solve problems, while at other times, the dreams are less focussed.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Thought it would be something like that.

Next question: in a chemical sense then, what is anger? Have the neuroboffins tied it down to anything in particular? Even speculatively?
    I haven't actually looked into, but I would think that it would have something to do with levels of adrenalin and possibly cortisol. And the fight/flight thing. With anger you have the increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, increased breath rate, etc.

Combined with a perception/judgment that the increased pressure is a bad thing, and that whatever is causing it needs to STOP causing it. If you go on the attack, it's interpreted as 'anger', if you leave/avoid it, it might be interpreted as 'fear'. (Though you can be angry, but for whatever reason choose not to attack it, and choose to leave the situation instead, which would not be 'fear'.) It's just basically the mind activating the body to DO something about the situation that is causing pressure.

In terms of this and the OP:
    @SubT: I'm more curious about the fact that I had actual "things" tying me down to being very specifically myself in this dream, such as my voice and my internal monologue. Normally I'm a disembodied observer in my dreams, but in this particular dream the feeling of anger was enough to cause me to hear my own internal monologue within the dream (I was thinking to myself I'd pen a strongly worded letter to the person who was making me angry), and hearing that was enough to distract me from the dream conversation, because I just couldn't focus on/hear the other person over what was happening in my head.
    The action you took in your dream was to argue it out, or lecture it out. However it IS your own mind, so in a sense, you were arguing/lecturing with yourself....as in, one part of your mind was perhaps playing devil's advocate. This is one of many methods that the mind has of processing information.

I don't know what specifically happened, so I'm having to generalize here, but if, during the dream, a connection was made, a connection that conflicted with other more valued or stronger connections, then the new connection was unacceptable. It created a conflict inside your mind. The conflict needed to be resolved, and the method towards resolving it came in the form of "a strongly worded letter".

(note: I found this, if you can make it through this, please translate into laymens terms for me, hehehe: Handbook of Anger: Biological ... - Google Books
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-male

Connections?

Anyway, could it be that the dream unearthed and old buried conflicting connection?

Hopefully this will narrow it down...

Basically, I was chatting with a friend of mine about some random stuff, and this person walks past. Now, this person I view as having mistreated my friend quite unacceptably in the past, and it's something that really makes me angry, but said friend of mine tends to be kind of defensive about the aforementioned person.

So what do I do? I can't really vent to my friend, and I can't really take my indignation out on this person, so I just do angry venty stuff in my head. In my dream. (In my dream head? )

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i had a dream last night.

not sure if there's a dream thread and i apologise in advance for starting a new one if there is. well...

i had a dream last night that i picked up my guitar only to find it wasn't my guitar, in fact i remember saying to my boyfriend in the dream that it was proposterous of me to think that it was my guitar cos on closer inspection it looked nothing like it. i said to him in the dream that my Se must be really shit for me not to notice how different it looked. i found my own guitar but it was broken, i still managed to get a tune out of it though and it sounded more vivid than usual.

now i could be reading into things here but the thought occured to me- is this duality at work? was this my subconscious helping me develope my Se? since it was my dual i was talking to in the dream?

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this is about how you relate to your boyfriend? Do you think that this Socionics stuff is interfering with the way you see him? You need to see him and the relationship for what it is, regardless of any theory about it.

That's what came to my mind when I read your dream.

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Maybe this is about how you relate to your boyfriend? Do you think that this Socionics stuff is interfering with the way you see him? You need to see him and the relationship for what it is, regardless of any theory about it.

That's what came to my mind when I read your dream.
    i would never have thought of it like that but you could have a point. i do get a bit over excited when i think of him as my dual. i wouldn't say it's interfering though, it's helped clear up alot of confusion if anything.

Creepy-Snaps

In my dream last night I just remember driving quickly from one like haunted house to a safer place... felt like things chasing me. Could have been from the stress of hearing if I got the job or not after my interview. Still I remember it was fun exploring everywhere.

I dream every night. A few years ago I made an active effort when I woke up to remember my dream... and I would write it down. I could remember quite a lot. I did this for 2 weeks once, every day. Thought it was really cool. Now they're still so common, but I don't see it as being as special as before. I can still remember my dreams when I first wake up, but I don't make an effort to remember them. (Yet somehow I do remember my dream from last night, like 16 hours later. Good memory I guess lol)

Still dreaming is very good. It's a sign of a very active brain. Not much yet is known about sleeping/dreaming, even to psychologists, as everyone is slightly different. It does seem to be somewhat genetic; I know everyone in my family also dreams often. My dad has the unique ability to wake up from a dream, be up for like 2 minutes, then fall back asleep and force himself back in his dream, where he left off, from deep sleep. I heard less than 1% of people can do that.

My aunt once had a dream about how a future event would happen, and her dream accurately predicted the future. Even the clothes of the strangers around her... very remarkable. To those who believe in religion, I do think dreams are more than just random neurons firing in the brain during sleep. Perhaps sometimes God wants us to pay close attention to our dreams? But perhaps sometimes a dream really is just a dream.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I dream every night. A few years ago I made an active effort when I woke up to remember my dream... and I would write it down. I could remember quite a lot. I did this for 2 weeks once, every day. Thought it was really cool. Now they're still so common, but I don't see it as being as special as before. I can still remember my dreams when I first wake up, but I don't make an effort to remember them. (Yet somehow I do remember my dream from last night, like 16 hours later. Good memory I guess lol)
    same. I tend to at least remember some flashes of my dreams after they've faded. Some dreams I remember vividly and don't think that they'll ever leave me. Some of those are from way way back in my childhood. others are from later points in my life.

Still dreaming is very good. It's a sign of a very active brain. Not much yet is known about sleeping/dreaming, even to psychologists, as everyone is slightly different. It does seem to be somewhat genetic; I know everyone in my family also dreams often. My dad has the unique ability to wake up from a dream, be up for like 2 minutes, then fall back asleep and force himself back in his dream, where he left off, from deep sleep. I heard less than 1% of people can do that.
    I can do this with important dreams, the ones that really feel as though they're trying to tell me something.

My aunt once had a dream about how a future event would happen, and her dream accurately predicted the future. Even the clothes of the strangers around her... very remarkable. To those who believe in religion, I do think dreams are more than just random neurons firing in the brain during sleep. Perhaps sometimes God wants us to pay close attention to our dreams? But perhaps sometimes a dream really is just a dream.
    I don't know if they are from God or from the subconscious, but I have had some extremely powerful dreams that stick with me. These often have spiritual tones to them.

I have a whole set of dream superpowers that have developed over the years, from simple stuff that I assume that most people do, like flying (I have several different "types" or "ways" of flying) to stranger things like time warp abilities (where I can slow people/things down in my dreams in order to catch or evade them). I can also force myself awake from a dream with a burst of gathered up willpower if things get too sketchy, or do a sort of savegame reset where I can teleport myself out of a bad situation back to the "physical" beginning point of the dream. I use this when i find myself stuck inside a hallway or tunnel that dead ends, then turn around to see that it's sealed up behind me trapping me in. There are also recurring 4th dimensional "warps" to my dreamscape that I've learned to recognize and use (sometimes they mess me up though and leave me halfway across "town" with a few steps having to find my way back)

I can describe some of the dreams that I remember, but I'm about to go to sleep now and don't feel like it. heh. I'll maybe come back tomarrow to fill some stuff in.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreams are overrated.

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung interpreted dreams as 1. complimentary 2. compensatory 3. paralellel. He advocated a equilibrium of forces represented by the mandala. According to dictionary.com- mandala: (in Jungian psychology) a symbol representing the effort to reunify the self. If you examine your dreams look for symmetry or opposing forces in harmony. I interpreted my own dreams and I can find hidden symbols after reading Jung.

As for myself I have lots of sex dreams which I think is compensatory . Aside from that I have re-occuring dreams of my first high school crush but oddly I never actually got to know her that well and am no longer in contact with her but I still randomly dream about her occassionally - strange that I likely know her better in my dreams than in real life - it is entirely subconscious. She is my dual too long before I knew what socionics was.

What was really strange was falling in love with a different girl and at the pinnacle of feeling I started having uncontrollable flashes of my first high school crush. I had recently been in contact with her but I had no idea I had repressed emotions toward her. Its like she is buried deep in my subconscious laying domant until moments of elevated emotion. has anyone else experienced this? normal? strange? healthy? unheathy? regressive much?

What I do not like about the subconscious and dreams is they always mean more to the dreamer than to anyone else - dream interpretation can be self-indulgent and self-absorbed. sorry if I'm being too honest. if I have a good dream I will share.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on a small island somewhere overcast and chilly, crouched behind a piece of rubble, a thick one this time. I glance over quickly before ducking back. Nervously I check my assault rifle to see how much ammo I have. A cold tide of ocean water rushes in and soaks my feet as I try to come up with a plan. Someone is hunting me. I don't know how I got here or why this is happening, but on this island, empty save the old rotting house ahead and a jungle behind, a short, old man with a high powered rifle is trying to kill me. He's good. Real good. He's had my number the whole time. My right arm slowly oozes blood and I silently curse to myself. Somehow this guy knows exactly where I am and his bullets were powerful enough to penetrate the walls of the house he was holed up in, that was how he almost got me the first time.

I brace myself and make a break from cover to an rusted out aluminum shed. Halfway there I stumble over a rock on the beach and a bullet whizzes past where my head would have been a moment before. I hit one entrance of the shed and keep sprinting out the other side past a boat that's been moored inside. Another bullet tears a hole in the siding barely in front of me. I hesitate and think about going the other way when another shot rings out this time leading me a bit too far back the way I came. It's like he can anticipate what I'm doing. My heart is racing and I can't think of any other alternative so I decide to charge him. Right before I break from cover again, I throw a rock far to the right. Almost as soon as it strikes an outcropping, the old man has already put a hole in the rock even before it hits the ground.

I rush the house as fast as I can, shedding my rifle and praying silently to a god I don't believe in that he's using a bolt operated gun. I leap to my left in anticipation of his reload time and feel something sizzle past my right ear. Two strides later I hit the open window with a dive and roll into the room. The old man swivels but I'm too close for him to make good use of his weapon any longer. I wrestle him to the ground and punch him in the face a couple of times, demanding to know why he's trying to kill me. He laughs at me through bloodied, broken teeth.

"Because that's what we're here for," he cackles. Madness dances dangerously in his eyes. I want to spare him, but I don't know if I can trust him enough to let him live. I ask about the boat but his insanity consumes him. Only one thing he says makes eerie sense, something the man who had sent me had said.

"If you go, you will never leave that island." Desperation starts to creep in on me. There has to be more survivors here. There's a town here, for god's sake, beyond the jungle. Right? I knock the man out and take his weapon. As I go back to retrieve my own I stumble across a dead decaying body I hadn't noticed before, a bullet hole in between his eyes. His mouth and hands are covered in gore and that's when I realize there are motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking island.

"Shit."

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I have a whole set of dream superpowers that have developed over the years, from simple stuff that I assume that most people do, like flying (I have several different "types" or "ways" of flying) to stranger things like time warp abilities (where I can slow people/things down in my dreams in order to catch or evade them). I can also force myself awake from a dream with a burst of gathered up willpower if things get too sketchy, or do a sort of savegame reset where I can teleport myself out of a bad situation back to the "physical" beginning point of the dream. I use this when i find myself stuck inside a hallway or tunnel that dead ends, then turn around to see that it's sealed up behind me trapping me in. There are also recurring 4th dimensional "warps" to my dreamscape that I've learned to recognize and use (sometimes they mess me up though and leave me halfway across "town" with a few steps having to find my way back)
    Cool! I have flown before, and developed the ability to wake myself up. Those 2 things I do as well, but not the other 2, teleporting or doing a reset. Maybe I'll have to practice! I do think it's related to people having some control over their brains while they sleep, and they can manipulate dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Jung interpreted dreams as 1. complimentary 2. compensatory 3. paralellel. He advocated a equilibrium of forces represented by the mandala. According to dictionary.com- mandala: (in Jungian psychology) a symbol representing the effort to reunify the self. If you examine your dreams look for symmetry or opposing forces in harmony. I interpreted my own dreams and I can find hidden symbols after reading Jung.
    Interesting. I analyze my dreams very similarly, especially using 3) parallel. I can understand well the emotions that trigger events, how people see things as symbolic. Maybe I'll have to think more using complementary and compensatory too.

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    What was really strange was falling in love with a different girl and at the pinnacle of feeling I started having uncontrollable flashes of my first high school crush. I had recently been in contact with her but I had no idea I had repressed emotions toward her. Its like she is buried deep in my subconscious laying domant until moments of elevated emotion. has anyone else experienced this? normal? strange? healthy? unheathy? regressive much?
    I've experienced this too! My first crush way back from 8th grade, I would still have the occasional dream of her several years later, throughout high school.

I don't think it's unhealthy. I think it's normal. The person symbolizes a feeling to you, love, and your first experience with it is very powerful. As Sheryl Crow says lol, 'first love is the deepest'. Having recurring dreams of that person is more than normal, it's good! Shows you're human and can care/love someone deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I'm on a small island somewhere overcast and chilly, crouched behind a piece of rubble, a thick one this time.
    Don't have much time left to enjoy this read but I'll be back later. At glancing though, what a cool dream!

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast