Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

twiggewed, dewusional, entitwed, snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    Kawen IEI Sx4w3 461
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ur dog and the man are ur ego. ur parents u are dissociated from. the fake dogs are awareness thats ur repressed psychic material. they are not the real one bc u dont identify with them. u should know those issues may be physiological that manifest as psychic processes but mangled. keep things functioning is refering to cognitive adaptations to keep u whole. they are fake bc they fill some gap that u dont have the answer to. it could also be brain erosion from grains that i dont know. they made an association that was enabled by ur association with the man which enabled them to take a more conscious form. they are still animals. i dont know how ur dog is related to u besides an extension of urself and something ur ego identifies with more personally some way. ur unconscious (animals, dogs are animals) is irreconciled with iteslf and with you. its a self paralysis due to internal conflict. u should be able to search and identify things in yourself in other people and situation this also includes fiction. thats why i think fiction is so important. they are moral and ethical stories. being fake but resembling something u know may be ur inability to distinguish between some things. the man failing with the gdog might also some kind of problem u are failing to address appropriately. the dog may be paralyzing u to tell u u are doing something wrong. it merged with something that disagrees bc there is right and wrong in ur way. that's related to being unable to distinguish or find the right way.
    ur being a woman copulating with the man is union of opposites. the real dogs are representative of a gate between the conscious and unconscious.i said u are failing too much but it may be a wrong way to put it. u could be resolving everything it only means it was at such point of development.pleasure and serenity conneciton with the watefall and man. then pain with the dogs. U leaving the family to the forest (known vs unknown, again conscious vs unconscious?)
    When u couldn’t drop the dog it may me an indication of like the dog is conjoined with u too. Since its unconscious and irreconciled it forces itself on you.
    Jung also said something about things having an unconscious counter reaction like the physics law. Which is the dogs responding bad to what was good like a balancing act. Then the bad dog had its own counter reaction in the unconscious. Its psychic adaptaiton to a complex mechanism that’s forming

i am concerned about how my interpretation might twist the meaning and lead u away from whats right. yet i am obligated to do this
    @FreelancePoliceman
    muscle function, cranial plates posture, personality, cognition and mental illness

i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This morning (Monday) I woke up from a disturbing dream. On Saturday, I was out running and tripped and fell and screwed up my knee. No blood, but indications are, lots of internal damage. At the time, I just got up, took a few cautious steps, and actually resumed running for a bit. I was close to home.
    By Sunday, I could barely walk. Just standing was painful and the pain got worse as the day went on.

I think this delayed pain response is an evolved trait, because when you get damaged on the Serengeti, your body's problem is to GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THAT CHEETAH THAT JUST BIT YOU and worry about the damage later. Later, it can (and will) let you know that you should not screw up that part of your body again, and it needs some time to do some repairs. So here, take some real pain, dummy.
    By the time I went to sleep on Sunday night, it was hurting whether I moved my leg or not.

And so, I dreamed.

In my dream, I was walking down the street with an anonymous GF, and she saw a plant in someone else's yard that she wanted, and asked me to take these hedge shears that she just happened to have in the dream and cut some parts of the plant off, so she could replant them in her yard.

I think, in retrospect, that she must have been the LSI GF, because she loved plants, as did the IEI GF, and she had some unusual ideas about ownership. The dream GF couldn't have been the female ESI that I sometimes hang out with because she thinks if I'm late returning library books, that makes me a thief.

Anyway, in the dream, I looked at the front of the house to make sure that no one was looking and cut the branches off the plant and the GF and I walked away with her stolen prize.

And, of course, I felt terribly guilty. Later that day, I went back to the house and found a police car parked there, and the little woman whose house it was talking to them by the street. Plant theft.

I hung back until the police left and the woman returned to the house, and then I went up to her door and rang the bell. When she answered, I could see that she was handicapped and the pain from my guilt just got worse. I confessed to her that I had damaged her plant and offered her a few hundred dollar bills to try to make up for it. And then I woke up.

They say that the pain centers for physical and mental pain are close together in the brain, and our very messy analog brain sometimes has trouble telling the difference.

I think that my dream of moral pain was from the fact that the ancient lizard brain, which doesn't have language but which has all the emotions, sensed the physical pain from my messed up knee and ran it back to the logical mammalian brain as a moral lesson.

But that's just me. Someone else might think that the dream of guilt and pain came from that Vietnamese carry-out that I ate before Midnight.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yesterday, I visited the offices of a formerly good customer to close out our business relationships. While we have made a lot of money for each other, they have new management which wants to go in a new direction, and frankly, so do I. I’ll miss the income but I won’t miss their sheer stupidity.

Last night, I dreamed that I lost my wallet. In my dream, I went down to the Lost and Found and they had a wallet which they gave to me. It looked like my old wallet and was stuffed with bills.

But in real life, I don’t carry a wallet. Lol.

That’s how my life has been going recently.

The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    TIM
    Mb IEI
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream that there was a woman raising bullfrogs in a glass enclosure. The enclosure was probably the size of a bedroom, it had plants and water and the frogs were hopping all around. She said that there are fewer and fewer frogs outside where we were in the dream, but in the enclosure, they keep multiplying. She pointed to one bright green frog and said that that one is new and she didn't recognize it. I wondered in the dream how she could recognize each frog.

I told her to release some of the frogs in the wild to repopulate outside, but she ignored me.
    “You are the music while the music lasts.”
    ― T.S. Eliot

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I had a dream that there was a woman raising bullfrogs in a glass enclosure. The enclosure was probably the size of a bedroom, it had plants and water and the frogs were hopping all around. She said that there are fewer and fewer frogs outside where we were in the dream, but in the enclosure, they keep multiplying. She pointed to one bright green frog and said that that one is new and she didn't recognize it. I wondered in the dream how she could recognize each frog.

I told her to release some of the frogs in the wild to repopulate outside, but she ignored me.

My interpretation:

The glass enclosure with life-giving plants and water is your bedroom. The woman raising bullfrogs is your wife. The many bullfrogs are the many facets of your personality, each one bouncing around, freely.

You wondered how she could tell each one from your acting roles, but she can.

The new bullfrog in the bedroom is the "new" you. The one that is married and wants some freedom. She doesn't recognize this frog. Still, she's keeping it in the bedroom.

You want some of your acting roles or personas to be free to be released into the world, but she's not listening to you. She has you, now.

This is just a dream of fears. I'd ignore it, personally.

Carnivore | Student | Still a hedonist one's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dream Interpretation Thread

Today I had a weird and surprising dream. I was having a field trip/activity of some sort with some classmates I knew irl. I arrived there wearing a fashionable and coordinated pencil skirt, blouse and blazer plus a small handbag lol. It was something like Cher from Clueless would wear and I walked to the scene acting like a runway model. Then I joined them but in the middle of it I said that I was so bored of it so I left. I made a turn then I lost my way, so I ended up on the same place lol. I thought to myself, “Shit, they would see me here again.” It would be embarrassing. But I tried to regain composure and walked like a runway model again as I walk past them.

Then next scene was me going away from that place. The place was familiar because it was a mix of the parking lot near my school when I was in elementary and a spot in my college campus back then. I saw the ILE I have been mentioning a few times now (the guy I loved but hate now). He was several feet away from me and I ran back as far as I could to hide. Even my dream self would not in a million years interact with the guy again. But then I lost my way again and I saw him with a girl which he seemed to have dropped off there (no kiss though but my dream self felt a tiny ache in her heart ngl). But I snapped out of it then walked back again. AND again, I lost my way LOL. This time he was talking to a guy. I was trying to stop my feet walking past him but I couldn’t so I just took a book from my handbag and started reading, hoping I won’t be seen. I thought that time that he wouldn’t notice me anyway because I look different now. I got a bit confident, but right when I walked past him he called my name. My dream self’s heart sank tbh. But I tried to walk and keep acting to read. But he shouted my name again so I had no choice but to look back. my mind was frozen at this point and he was talking and introducing me to his companion but I couldn’t even understand what he was saying. He asked me if I want to join them. I just nodded and went along.

After this we got into a house with a red train inside (weird I know, but the house basically has a train interior). We sat on our seats, they went to the back, I deliberately went on the front seat to not interact with anyone. There were also other ppl there. Then it seemed like we just sat there waiting for nothing really. And we were supposed to enjoy that. It felt empty. Then we heard a noise, there was a van with a male and female waving at us. Then the ILE said he wanted to talk to them. My dream self looked at the female (which looked like a cartoon character or a phantom, it was blurry) and felt very jealous. Like super super jealous that my dream self stood up and shouted, “Enough! I deserve better!” Then I walked out and never looked back. Lol.

Then after this, on the next scene I was in an apartment talking to someone. We were doing our laundry or some chore while she was telling me that the ILE quit his work and he is basically just a bum looking for some people to get money from now. Apparently he hated his job and hasn’t turned in some requirements and stuff like that for PhD etc etc. I forgot the details the girl and I were basically just gossiping.

-
    This is so random to me and I haven’t even thought of him for weeks now. I’m really annoyed that I dreamed of this but I admit it made me laugh when I woke up.

I don’t have any idea for the most part what this means but some themes could be obvious like being lost and the train that is not moving. The house that seems like a train was interesting to me to be honest, if I would interpret it - they just don’t make sense together (maybe like us lol). The train is supposed to move, house is stable. That thing is trying to be both which can’t be. And in the end the ILE was enticed by someone outside and moving, and I knew I deserve better than a seemingly stable thing externally that actually wants to move. That’s not even a house. Lol fml I guess this makes me real sad just thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream that I was holding a glass bird wrapped in tissue and I was worrying that I would drop it, or maybe I did drop it. It was quite big, like a parrot. Perhaps the glass bird represents me, or the potential freedom I can have in life, like that of a bird flying. But it is made of glass, so it is fragile; and not alive or real but a beautiful ornament or work of art, complete and transparent like crystal. I think the glass could represent clarity or being able to see through or past any old anxieties or troubles and being strong enough to withstand them, even though I feel like they might break me. Rather than a real bird, I am transformed into something permanent, to be admired as it is, not for what is was or could be. But I am holding it, protecting it, why? Perhaps I am scared to move on, and find freedom because I'm scared I am too fragile and broken to succeed. I am scared that cracks will begin to show and people will not know what to say and they will say the wrong thing and upset me. The cracks will grow bigger. But the cracks were always there, you just had them covered up in tissue. It's ok to have cracks, you are still a complete design, constructed and moulded, like a glass figurine melted into a form, made from sand and rock. You are a final product, morphed from grains into something whole. You may have cracks but that is because glass is fragile. The glass bird, not being alive, could also represent how my freedom has felt stifled and I have not been able to live normally due to my mental health problems. Perhaps I need to drop the glass, and let my spirit free, to fly and find peace on this earth at last. And until I can accept my fragility, I cannot really be set free.
    Last edited by Bethany; 11-06-2021 at 10:02 AM.

TIM
    Don't Care
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream I was climbing a building with another person who was two people at the same time, a stranger and my Dad. We were climbing this building using those scaffolding things that hang off of the sides of a building that window cleaners use. We were trying to climb up and steal something, I don't remember what. We had to walk across these things while high up in the air.

I'm not sure what this means.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You know those dreams you have that aren't like a dream, but rather are like switching between alternate lives?

This morning I woke up and was surprised to think how well I've gotten along with the male ESIs I've met.

Then I looked around my bedroom and thought, "Wait a minute. Of course I get along with ESIs. Why didn't I know that a minute ago?" And I started to backtrack into the fading memories of the dream that I'd just awakened from.

I remembered that I and my companions were hacking our way through bloody bodies on a cold and desolate and bloody field. We seemed to exist in a time before gunpowder. My companions were good men and stood by my side, but we were cold and covered with mud and blood and killing was hard work. I realized that the most faithful of the men were ESIs, and I was surprised that I knew what an ESI was. And then I awoke.

I haven't been getting enough sleep recently. I think it's affecting the quality of my thinking.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021