Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Let's approach dreams logically. What do they consist of? Do they consist of real-world things like how to make a better electric motor, or are they mainly heavily emotional narratives? Do people speak a lot in your dreams, or do you just "know" what is going on?

My theory is that dreams are messages from the ancient lizard brain to the more recent mammalian brain. The lizard brain is the seat of emotions, but it doesn't have language, so when it conveys meaning, it does so in pictures and feelings. The mammalian brain, which we use all day long, receives these impressions and tries to assign contextural meaning to them. But often, they are just warnings from the Id, and the Id doesn't have the calculator or the memory or the flexibility (no more than instinct) of the mammalian brain, and so tends to just be like a pet lizard, watching the world and sending out warnings.

Anyway, that's my take on dreams. I see them as messages from our emotional but not logical half. The Id may be retarded, but it knows 200 million years of instincts.
    Jung thought feeling evolved more or less in tandem with thinking, IIRC. Feeling is also a rational function, just as much as thinking is.

I think it's better to say dreams are governed by the irrational functions. It's very rare for what might be called "ethical" judgements to appear in dreams, and the "logic" of dreams if it can be called that is almost never "if this, then that (or "you should do that")" but rather the conjoining of ideas and impressions, which is how S and N operate. The reason people do dream analysis is to later apply a conscious rational evaluation (either ethical/emotional or logical) to what was initially presented as mostly value-free/conclusion-free impressions.
    φιλοκαλοῦμέν τε γὰρ μετ᾽ εὐτελείας καὶ φιλοσοφοῦμεν ἄνευ μαλακίας...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I had a dream that I living on a house on the beach. I stepped outside while brushing my teeth to watch the sunset and the sky was purple. My toothbrush turned off and I restarted it so that I could finish watching the sunset.
    Interesting.
    This interpretation will be short too. Seems small matters not being as you wish can keep you from enjoying life to it's full extent, that's from the toothbrush being resterted to enjoy the sunset.
    Or not, who knows?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream that I living on a house on the beach. I stepped outside while brushing my teeth to watch the sunset and the sky was purple. My toothbrush turned off and I restarted it so that I could finish watching the sunset.
    That's really interesting. My SEI ex had dreams like that. I can barely imagine having a dream so vivid and spatially oriented. I'd describe my dreams as more "narrative." Or it's like taking part in a play. People have their acts and props have their use, but images are rather hazy and unimportant. I never remember exact shapes -- colors at most, and usually not unless their color is particularly striking. Often action "happens" "offstage;" I don't see or participate in it, but I understand that it happened, and the other "actors" move as if it did as well. Scenes can shift either forward or backward in time. Dreams like yours remind me of dreams you see in TV shows where someone can see everything in full color vision and be confused as to whether they're dreaming or real life, because almost everything (with a few exceptions like the purple sky) is normal, or was normal in the past. That's fascinating to me.

In my dreams for instance, the sky wouldn't be purple, and probably wouldn't even have a color at all, unless it were relevant to something else in a dream.

Unfortunately I don't know how to interpret your dream.

My guess is that S types' dreams are more...S-y, and N dreams are more N-y. In my limited experience comparing dreams that seems right to me.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 01-14-2022 at 07:46 PM.
    φιλοκαλοῦμέν τε γὰρ μετ᾽ εὐτελείας καὶ φιλοσοφοῦμεν ἄνευ μαλακίας...

twiggewed, dewusional, entitwed, snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    INFx Sx4w5/w3 468/1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of dreams about wars, where i lost myself in the violence and passage of time, that i got recurring dreams of maybe the same world and wars at a different time. like moments from one day then moments from a day months or years ahed, moments of days closer by. bomb disarming. i didnt know if i shoudl be doing it but there was a sense maybe of some kind of morality/entitlement being on the right side of conflict but where there concerns about being wrong? or did i imagine them before or now. people dying could be descirbed as nothing but it wasnt nothing. there was a cause that made it something even if it felt like nothing superficially. some kind of a numb rage/dark determination

running away as a gorilla from cops tanks and helicopters jumping really high in a futurustic city with jungles spread across islands

something a murder that i have to solve, found the murderer, exchanged words, something about revenge, was he a phantom? i dont remember if i managed to kill him but that guy pissed me off

big cities (for a dream) with inetersting designes i have to persistently figure out what works how while meeting enemies intermitently as part of a journey to meet someone and inform. its often about fighting searching surviving and experiencing endlessly
    Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.

TIM
    INFx Sx4w5/w3 468/1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder if handling small matters can also be allowing u to enjoy life instead of keeping u away from it

i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.

TIM
    INFx Sx4w5/w3 468/1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    I recently had a dream wherein I discovered a kitten with beautiful light blue/periwinkle fur. I was shocked to learn there had been a kitten living in my room for years that I had never noticed, but the moment I took the kitty into my arms I felt overwhelmed with love. I adored that little cat so much and I instantly knew the cat belonged to me. It was my little lovely kitten and I never let it go, but it somehow just disappeared…
    Distraught, I scampered around in a frenzy until I staggered outside my house where I saw my little kitten baby lying in the grass

Dead

And despite the heart-rending melancholy I felt looking at the fresh carcass of my furry little baby, my feelings were accompanied by a sense of wonder and peace as well because there was something so idyllic about the scene. The grass was tall and majestic, and those viridescent blades sparkled with golden dew under the morning sun. It was so beautiful, as if I had been summoned to the Elysian fields so I could part ways with my kitty in peace. But was this really happening, I thought? Did my cat have to die so soon after I finally had it in my life? Fuck Heaven’s beauty, I wanted my cat, my baby, back in my arms! I ran over to it and once it was at my feet, suddenly….
    there was no more radiant sun overhead, only a looming overcast of puffy gray clouds; the gorgeous grass between my toes was replaced with this goddamn dead, coarse feeling, awful dirt!
    And what happened to my sweet kitten…
    … it was no longer a kitten I saw, it was some grotesque worm. Or like a millipede. Or a snake, idk. Its pretty blue color was now a bilious yellow. I nearly retched. I was looking at a putrid monster, which wasn’t even dead anymore, now writhing in the dirt as if in pain or feeling uncomfortable in its own body. Or… as if it were taunting me! As if it didn’t care about me!
    I was seized by anxiety, disgust, and I felt betrayed.

Kitty, how could you do this to me? I loved you… I loved you so much…
    fear of the world not living up to ur expectations that is betraying ur love. after things die they are eaten by worms lets say. fear of loss, that u know is coming, so u reach into it already before its happened just by thinking about it which manifests it in your dream. things can manifest in reality like that too. fear of things never being good enough for u. if u project scorn on someone they can feel scorned. if the worm is scorned, it scorns back as we are all vesselves of each other's bullshit.
    maybe the worm felt betrayed, by that u cared about it when it was a cat, but not when it was a worm. as if you were uncomfortable with its own body. this can all be things true for urself as well. the worm's writhing can be ur own writhing.
    if u love me at my best would u love me at my worst? what am i and what are you? what is love and what does it mean in relation to someone that u dont even know what it is.

the worm is a symbol for a baby, growth, like the snake is for sensing, intuition, healing, good, evil and has close relationship with the tree of life. a worm is weaker than a snake, and than a cat. like a baby would also be weak

Lugia Aeon Blade Runner 2049 2017 BunnyRaptor Poimandres's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden OrreColosseum SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    WiredforBattleShingo
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was dreaming of the Macroverse, trading aspirations letting go traces of fear to elongate and pursue distant and far fetched schemata and origins to crown the silver oasis of love and life with serene reflections into the miracle and power of being, forging legends sketching sweet grades of Hair.
    https://sabrinacasey.webstarts.com/9systemswishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...logy-articles)
    https://sabrinacasey.webstarts.com/m...ny2gether4ever
    I was watching a Hey You Pikachu video, and it made Me realize that Bunny should be available to everyone with a good Heart!!*
    A lot of people would really Love Bunny if they could play with Her. The possibilities are magnificent and wonderful, to tour pure Imagination with feathers and friendship. The Bunny ride is infinitely mysterious yet lovely. By voyaging into storybook character expression and vibrant atmospheres of elegant matrimony, then they sky would open up, and brilliant auroras of vision and clarity would arise through the telescope. Bunny flows and flowers with canopies of decoration and dreams.

Lugia Aeon Blade Runner 2049 2017 BunnyRaptor Poimandres's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden OrreColosseum SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    WiredforBattleShingo
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Let's approach dreams logically. What do they consist of? Do they consist of real-world things like how to make a better electric motor, or are they mainly heavily emotional narratives? Do people speak a lot in your dreams, or do you just "know" what is going on?

My theory is that dreams are messages from the ancient lizard brain to the more recent mammalian brain. The lizard brain is the seat of emotions, but it doesn't have language, so when it conveys meaning, it does so in pictures and feelings. The mammalian brain, which we use all day long, receives these impressions and tries to assign contextural meaning to them. But often, they are just warnings from the Id, and the Id doesn't have the calculator or the memory or the flexibility (no more than instinct) of the mammalian brain, and so tends to just be like a pet lizard, watching the world and sending out warnings.

Anyway, that's my take on dreams. I see them as messages from our emotional but not logical half. The Id may be retarded, but it knows 200 million years of instincts.
    Dreams access the Jungian subconscious where we are less powerful and designing. If you can harness your full inner strength, then I’m sure dreams are the catalyst to further expansion. But it’s only in acts of conscious thinking where we are creators rather than spectators. It’s kind of like Spinoza where we understand why we feel the way we do. Or it’s like Plato’s allegory or the cave where our perception can shoot through the roof. You can’t leave anything up to chance. You have to be the builder, not the dreamer.

Ancient evolutionary roots into the so-called mind of man seems to be a starting jumper booster into the mechanics and engineering of what we experience, but sometimes dreams lead to supernatural experiences, where we have to accelerate many levels beyond past every known to unknown to inexplicable bridge and beyond. And there are no limits to an open mind, no thread of imagination that can be stopped.
    https://sabrinacasey.webstarts.com/9systemswishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...logy-articles)
    https://sabrinacasey.webstarts.com/m...ny2gether4ever
    I was watching a Hey You Pikachu video, and it made Me realize that Bunny should be available to everyone with a good Heart!!*
    A lot of people would really Love Bunny if they could play with Her. The possibilities are magnificent and wonderful, to tour pure Imagination with feathers and friendship. The Bunny ride is infinitely mysterious yet lovely. By voyaging into storybook character expression and vibrant atmospheres of elegant matrimony, then they sky would open up, and brilliant auroras of vision and clarity would arise through the telescope. Bunny flows and flowers with canopies of decoration and dreams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    a lot of dreams about wars, where i lost myself in the violence and passage of time, that i got recurring dreams of maybe the same world and wars at a different time. like moments from one day then moments from a day months or years ahed, moments of days closer by. bomb disarming. i didnt know if i shoudl be doing it but there was a sense maybe of some kind of morality/entitlement being on the right side of conflict but where there concerns about being wrong? or did i imagine them before or now. people dying could be descirbed as nothing but it wasnt nothing. there was a cause that made it something even if it felt like nothing superficially. some kind of a numb rage/dark determination

running away as a gorilla from cops tanks and helicopters jumping really high in a futurustic city with jungles spread across islands

something a murder that i have to solve, found the murderer, exchanged words, something about revenge, was he a phantom? i dont remember if i managed to kill him but that guy pissed me off

big cities (for a dream) with inetersting designes i have to persistently figure out what works how while meeting enemies intermitently as part of a journey to meet someone and inform. its often about fighting searching surviving and experiencing endlessly
    Sounds to me as a lot of meaningless fighting.
    Why did the war start?
    Why were you chased?
    Why did you have to solve a murder case?
    Why do you have so many ennemis to kill, so much survival and figuring out to do?

Your sleep sounds restless, I'm exhausted just reading it.

wth, I shouldn't be writing about dreams rn.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got covid, then my mom had it. Then I had a dream that she was going to jail for a few months and there was nothing I could do about it. Clear connection, I think.

TIM
    INFx Sx4w5/w3 468/1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adage View Post
    Sounds to me as a lot of meaningless fighting.
    Why did the war start?
    Why were you chased?
    Why did you have to solve a murder case?
    Why do you have so many ennemis to kill, so much survival and figuring out to do?

Your sleep sounds restless, I'm exhausted just reading it.

wth, I shouldn't be writing about dreams rn.
    the meaninglessness is a thing that implies purpose. if nothing matters, every little thing matters bc thats all there is in that nothing. what ive described is life in a large and broader scale, with the most traumatising and difficult aspects to get through. u get through them one after another consistently. always moving always pushing always going forward because when theres pressure u have to move. why do we have enemies= why do we have struggles. life is a struggle. why do we start wars? is it necessity? is it people's biases? are the biases implicit in existence? whatever it is u ahve to deal with it.
    because there was a murder case, i had to solve it. i cant just leave it. u cant ignore ur issues and pretend its fine. if i didnt solve it he'd murder someone else. perhaps it was all even related to me somehow, but rn im thinking even if it wasnt related to me more directly thats not a reason to leave it.

⊱⋆painting the roses red⋆⊰ reverie's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI~N
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn’t remember my dreams for a really long time and then I’ve been remembering them the last few nights.

in one I was giving birth to twin boys. The first was easy, but the second, no matter how hard I tried, I could not push that baby out. The first seemed so easy and the second, I just couldn’t do it. It seemed so hard.

Another, my husband and I were going to go white water rafting, and we kept opening doors upon doors for the right place to go rafting. We would open then big aluminum like steel doors and inside would be rushing water. This one room looked like it was it, but I told him it looked dangerous, and I saw way off in the distance and around the corner, people drowning, and screaming, and suffering, and I said we shouldn’t enter here. But we did any way. Then the dream ended.
    ·:*¨༺༻¨*:·.𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
    քɨռȶɛʀɛֆȶ
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SEI 946
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    That's really interesting. My SEI ex had dreams like that. I can barely imagine having a dream so vivid and spatially oriented. I'd describe my dreams as more "narrative." Or it's like taking part in a play. People have their acts and props have their use, but images are rather hazy and unimportant. I never remember exact shapes -- colors at most, and usually not unless their color is particularly striking. Often action "happens" "offstage;" I don't see or participate in it, but I understand that it happened, and the other "actors" move as if it did as well. Scenes can shift either forward or backward in time. Dreams like yours remind me of dreams you see in TV shows where someone can see everything in full color vision and be confused as to whether they're dreaming or real life, because almost everything (with a few exceptions like the purple sky) is normal, or was normal in the past. That's fascinating to me.

In my dreams for instance, the sky wouldn't be purple, and probably wouldn't even have a color at all, unless it were relevant to something else in a dream.

Unfortunately I don't know how to interpret your dream.

My guess is that S types' dreams are more...S-y, and N dreams are more N-y. In my limited experience comparing dreams that seems right to me.
    hm i didn't think movie dreams were realistic either as mine aren't like the movies. my dreams only started getting more "realistic" as i got older. And it's definitely not easy to recall colors and all that.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always get dreams of the future and when that thing happens I think of words deliberately in order to send a message to my past self. Only these thoughts are just a repetition of what’s was in my dream about the future.

A lot of these messages are useless because they’re a dramatic interpretation of what will happen in the future. “You’ll get back to talking to this person” or “I’m suffering because I’m sick”

They’re only few seconds and so unimportant that I don’t bother trying to remember them.
    ترفرف كالأجنحة غير المنظورة حول رأسي

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122