TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Analyze this one:

I dreamed that an 80 foot snake was eating a bunch of young adult men. (in early twenties/late teens) The snake almost ate me but I dodged it.
    It has to be a giant snake eating young men? lol (I imagined them all standing in a line, shirtless of course, with bulging muscles, flexing them even, before the snake came along and swallowed them whole one by one.)

And then I found this:

Something in you has been oppressed. This could be by outside forces, societal rules or inner oppression of true desire. Something quite important is happening in your subconscious and will eventually give rise to a new dimension within your outer life. I will also say that sometimes the snake images do warn of danger, but mostly of hidden truths coming up for healing and often around sexual energy. The danger warnings are about not heeding the call to heal a particular area and so making the issues "worse" somehow. However, the predominant images do speak of a healing of fear surrounding the sexual expression area of life or fear surrounding men or a male in your life. Ponder on these thoughts and feel if there is any connection with these symbols inside of you.
    I'm being evil, but this was honestly the sort of thing I thought of. *looks innocent*
    Last edited by marooned; 03-11-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Analyze this one:

I dreamed that an 80 foot snake was eating a bunch of young adult men. (in early twenties/late teens) The snake almost ate me but I dodged it. Before he came down to try and ate me I knew I would make it. (It's not so much I dodged it just like the snake purposefully missed me almost like he didn't want to eat me) Still, I was terrified as hell. One time when the snake scooped up a bunch of people, one of the guys pushed his bro down to save him. But he died anyway from the height of the fall.

Oh the snake was in a field, just a large open green field. there was also a tree. I knew somehow if I went around the tree, that the snake would not eat me.
    means you're gay and you want to get fucked in the ass.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dream I had last night

I was robbing a house together with a friend. We had broken into the house. At some point we noticed that the owners were returning home. We ran through the rooms to hide or jump out of a window to escape. The rooms were very big, apparently the home of some rich people. For some reason we couldn't escape, so we decided to stay in a room and fool the owners that we were just some guests of a party that had taken place in the house earlier. (This seems a little illogical, but it felt natural). The plan was to pretend that we had been too drunk and just had forgotten to leave the party because we were playing music. (You know, the kind of really harmless guests who just forgets to go home when the party is over and it's really late and then they find a piano and start playing, totally absorbed).

So, there were some musical instruments and we started to play. My friend was playing the violin (or piano) and I was singing. About the same time the owner of the house entered the room (he was a man). The plan worked because he didn't seem to think it was odd to find us there. We were playing from a sheet of music and as we played I could follow the notes. I was impressed how well my friend could play considering he hadn't seen the music before. I was also impressed with the way he phrased the melody. I remember thinking something like: now I really understand what it's like to interpret music. We played some classical pieces and ended with jazz (Louis Armstrong or something like that). The man in the room still didn't seem to suspect anything. He was just thinking like "ok, these last guests are soon leaving." I took a jacket I had stolen from the house earlier and we left the room. (Hiding the jacket so the man wouldn't notice). At the door my friend said something that made the man a little suspicious, but nothing more than that. We left the room.

We came to the hallway and were about to leave the house. There was a baby. My friend picked up the baby and we stepped outside. I was like "Now way! We're not kidnapping a baby!" But he was stubborn, wouldn't put it down. I was like: Shit! As we ran from the house with the baby we heard that the owners had noticed what had happened and they were coming after us. We ran away and I was so mad at my friend: "This was the perfect crime, but you blew it!"

End of dream

I forget my dreams very easily, so I try to record them as soon as I wake up (talking into a microphone). Writing them down is too much effort, I am very sleepy in the mornings.

I don't know how to interpret dreams. And I don't know if I really care about it either. There are some sites on the web with interpretations and it's interesting. But in this dream I really think that stealing a baby and playing music and robbing someones home has some symbolic content.
    Last edited by Nowisthetime; 03-25-2010 at 07:38 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wow, Freud would have fun with that.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My analysis:

You want to save the world but you can't. You want to help a whole lot of people but you know that in all reality people help themselves and the only thing you COULD do was punish people for making mistakes. But you don't have the heart to do that. So, you're genuinely conflicted and you're trying to like, play out and sort the drama in your dream.

Creepy-male

Default Dream questions

So, I had a dream in which I got really angry at something while someone else was talking to me. I get distracted from the dream conversation by acting out angry fantasies in my head, so I have to ask the person to repeat themselves.

Two things stand out here: #1 is the presence of my own inner monologue within a dream, #2 is the presence of my own voice within a dream. Is this in any way significant?

Also, I woke up feeling pretty pissed off. Neurologically, why would dream emotions persist somewhat into the waking world?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

According to my book on the subject (which I think is useless and a bit of a nonsense, but the aspects are interesting) - it probably means that you are trying to direct your dream as some reflection of what you would like to do in Real Life, and that in Real Life, you are possibly being ignored by someone or something, and also you are sexually repressed and are having unhealthy subcoscious desires.

I don't think it's much of a surprise to have troublesome sleep pass over into the realm of the wakeful - you probably notice sometimes after a break in sleeping that you were overclocking your brain.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    So, I had a dream in which I got really angry at something while someone else was talking to me. I get distracted from the dream conversation by acting out angry fantasies in my head, so I have to ask the person to repeat themselves.

Two things stand out here: #1 is the presence of my own inner monologue within a dream, #2 is the presence of my own voice within a dream. Is this in any way significant?

Also, I woke up feeling pretty pissed off. Neurologically, why would dream emotions persist somewhat into the waking world?
    I don't know what to say about the rest, but the last part, the dreams are still kicking up the chemicals/hormones/whateverthey'recalled, even if you are asleep. It takes a bit before those to subside.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I don't know what to say about the rest, but the last part, the dreams are still kicking up the chemicals/hormones/whateverthey'recalled, even if you are asleep. It takes a bit before those to subside.
    Thought it would be something like that.

Next question: in a chemical sense then, what is anger? Have the neuroboffins tied it down to anything in particular? Even speculatively?

@SubT: I'm more curious about the fact that I had actual "things" tying me down to being very specifically myself in this dream, such as my voice and my internal monologue. Normally I'm a disembodied observer in my dreams, but in this particular dream the feeling of anger was enough to cause me to hear my own internal monologue within the dream (I was thinking to myself I'd pen a strongly worded letter to the person who was making me angry), and hearing that was enough to distract me from the dream conversation, because I just couldn't focus on/hear the other person over what was happening in my head.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Couldn't it be the case that you are more involved\angry in the dream? It may simply be that sometimes you use dreams as an attempt to solve problems, while at other times, the dreams are less focussed.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought it would be something like that.

Next question: in a chemical sense then, what is anger? Have the neuroboffins tied it down to anything in particular? Even speculatively?
    I haven't actually looked into, but I would think that it would have something to do with levels of adrenalin and possibly cortisol. And the fight/flight thing. With anger you have the increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, increased breath rate, etc.

Combined with a perception/judgment that the increased pressure is a bad thing, and that whatever is causing it needs to STOP causing it. If you go on the attack, it's interpreted as 'anger', if you leave/avoid it, it might be interpreted as 'fear'. (Though you can be angry, but for whatever reason choose not to attack it, and choose to leave the situation instead, which would not be 'fear'.) It's just basically the mind activating the body to DO something about the situation that is causing pressure.

In terms of this and the OP:
    @SubT: I'm more curious about the fact that I had actual "things" tying me down to being very specifically myself in this dream, such as my voice and my internal monologue. Normally I'm a disembodied observer in my dreams, but in this particular dream the feeling of anger was enough to cause me to hear my own internal monologue within the dream (I was thinking to myself I'd pen a strongly worded letter to the person who was making me angry), and hearing that was enough to distract me from the dream conversation, because I just couldn't focus on/hear the other person over what was happening in my head.
    The action you took in your dream was to argue it out, or lecture it out. However it IS your own mind, so in a sense, you were arguing/lecturing with yourself....as in, one part of your mind was perhaps playing devil's advocate. This is one of many methods that the mind has of processing information.

I don't know what specifically happened, so I'm having to generalize here, but if, during the dream, a connection was made, a connection that conflicted with other more valued or stronger connections, then the new connection was unacceptable. It created a conflict inside your mind. The conflict needed to be resolved, and the method towards resolving it came in the form of "a strongly worded letter".

(note: I found this, if you can make it through this, please translate into laymens terms for me, hehehe: Handbook of Anger: Biological ... - Google Books
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-male

Connections?

Anyway, could it be that the dream unearthed and old buried conflicting connection?

Hopefully this will narrow it down...

Basically, I was chatting with a friend of mine about some random stuff, and this person walks past. Now, this person I view as having mistreated my friend quite unacceptably in the past, and it's something that really makes me angry, but said friend of mine tends to be kind of defensive about the aforementioned person.

So what do I do? I can't really vent to my friend, and I can't really take my indignation out on this person, so I just do angry venty stuff in my head. In my dream. (In my dream head? )

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connections?

Anyway, could it be that the dream unearthed and old buried conflicting connection?

Hopefully this will narrow it down...

Basically, I was chatting with a friend of mine about some random stuff, and this person walks past. Now, this person I view as having mistreated my friend quite unacceptably in the past, and it's something that really makes me angry, but said friend of mine tends to be kind of defensive about the aforementioned person.

So what do I do? I can't really vent to my friend, and I can't really take my indignation out on this person, so I just do angry venty stuff in my head. In my dream. (In my dream head? )
    Yeah, I say connections, but that may not be the best term for it.
    It's like, flashes of signals that get lit up that are associated with other signal sets which can trigger yet other signal sets. For example, A sets off B which sets off C...if this happens, there's a perceived connection/association between A and C.

When we are sleeping, our brain is still setting off these signal sets. These signals sets are interpreted in forms such as images, sounds, thoughts, emotions, and such. Depending on how the mind is interpreting the associations, the dreams may become story like, monologue like, random flashes, etc.

In your case, something probably set off a memory/emotional set. Dreaming of talking with this friend triggered the memory of this other person and his actions towards your friend, along with the emotions and emotional memory. The brain doesn't distinguish between what is imagined vs what is 'real', it treats them as the same. (as signals being triggered off). This memory/emotional set triggered enough emotional/physiological response that your mind attempted to resolve the conflict. Hence the angry vent.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i had a dream last night.

not sure if there's a dream thread and i apologise in advance for starting a new one if there is. well...

i had a dream last night that i picked up my guitar only to find it wasn't my guitar, in fact i remember saying to my boyfriend in the dream that it was proposterous of me to think that it was my guitar cos on closer inspection it looked nothing like it. i said to him in the dream that my Se must be really shit for me not to notice how different it looked. i found my own guitar but it was broken, i still managed to get a tune out of it though and it sounded more vivid than usual.

now i could be reading into things here but the thought occured to me- is this duality at work? was this my subconscious helping me develope my Se? since it was my dual i was talking to in the dream?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this is about how you relate to your boyfriend? Do you think that this Socionics stuff is interfering with the way you see him? You need to see him and the relationship for what it is, regardless of any theory about it.

That's what came to my mind when I read your dream.

TIM
    IEE, enfp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Maybe this is about how you relate to your boyfriend? Do you think that this Socionics stuff is interfering with the way you see him? You need to see him and the relationship for what it is, regardless of any theory about it.

That's what came to my mind when I read your dream.
    i would never have thought of it like that but you could have a point. i do get a bit over excited when i think of him as my dual. i wouldn't say it's interfering though, it's helped clear up alot of confusion if anything.

Creepy-Snaps

In my dream last night I just remember driving quickly from one like haunted house to a safer place... felt like things chasing me. Could have been from the stress of hearing if I got the job or not after my interview. Still I remember it was fun exploring everywhere.

I dream every night. A few years ago I made an active effort when I woke up to remember my dream... and I would write it down. I could remember quite a lot. I did this for 2 weeks once, every day. Thought it was really cool. Now they're still so common, but I don't see it as being as special as before. I can still remember my dreams when I first wake up, but I don't make an effort to remember them. (Yet somehow I do remember my dream from last night, like 16 hours later. Good memory I guess lol)

Still dreaming is very good. It's a sign of a very active brain. Not much yet is known about sleeping/dreaming, even to psychologists, as everyone is slightly different. It does seem to be somewhat genetic; I know everyone in my family also dreams often. My dad has the unique ability to wake up from a dream, be up for like 2 minutes, then fall back asleep and force himself back in his dream, where he left off, from deep sleep. I heard less than 1% of people can do that.

My aunt once had a dream about how a future event would happen, and her dream accurately predicted the future. Even the clothes of the strangers around her... very remarkable. To those who believe in religion, I do think dreams are more than just random neurons firing in the brain during sleep. Perhaps sometimes God wants us to pay close attention to our dreams? But perhaps sometimes a dream really is just a dream.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I dream every night. A few years ago I made an active effort when I woke up to remember my dream... and I would write it down. I could remember quite a lot. I did this for 2 weeks once, every day. Thought it was really cool. Now they're still so common, but I don't see it as being as special as before. I can still remember my dreams when I first wake up, but I don't make an effort to remember them. (Yet somehow I do remember my dream from last night, like 16 hours later. Good memory I guess lol)
    same. I tend to at least remember some flashes of my dreams after they've faded. Some dreams I remember vividly and don't think that they'll ever leave me. Some of those are from way way back in my childhood. others are from later points in my life.

Still dreaming is very good. It's a sign of a very active brain. Not much yet is known about sleeping/dreaming, even to psychologists, as everyone is slightly different. It does seem to be somewhat genetic; I know everyone in my family also dreams often. My dad has the unique ability to wake up from a dream, be up for like 2 minutes, then fall back asleep and force himself back in his dream, where he left off, from deep sleep. I heard less than 1% of people can do that.
    I can do this with important dreams, the ones that really feel as though they're trying to tell me something.

My aunt once had a dream about how a future event would happen, and her dream accurately predicted the future. Even the clothes of the strangers around her... very remarkable. To those who believe in religion, I do think dreams are more than just random neurons firing in the brain during sleep. Perhaps sometimes God wants us to pay close attention to our dreams? But perhaps sometimes a dream really is just a dream.
    I don't know if they are from God or from the subconscious, but I have had some extremely powerful dreams that stick with me. These often have spiritual tones to them.

I have a whole set of dream superpowers that have developed over the years, from simple stuff that I assume that most people do, like flying (I have several different "types" or "ways" of flying) to stranger things like time warp abilities (where I can slow people/things down in my dreams in order to catch or evade them). I can also force myself awake from a dream with a burst of gathered up willpower if things get too sketchy, or do a sort of savegame reset where I can teleport myself out of a bad situation back to the "physical" beginning point of the dream. I use this when i find myself stuck inside a hallway or tunnel that dead ends, then turn around to see that it's sealed up behind me trapping me in. There are also recurring 4th dimensional "warps" to my dreamscape that I've learned to recognize and use (sometimes they mess me up though and leave me halfway across "town" with a few steps having to find my way back)

I can describe some of the dreams that I remember, but I'm about to go to sleep now and don't feel like it. heh. I'll maybe come back tomarrow to fill some stuff in.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreams are overrated.

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung interpreted dreams as 1. complimentary 2. compensatory 3. paralellel. He advocated a equilibrium of forces represented by the mandala. According to dictionary.com- mandala: (in Jungian psychology) a symbol representing the effort to reunify the self. If you examine your dreams look for symmetry or opposing forces in harmony. I interpreted my own dreams and I can find hidden symbols after reading Jung.

As for myself I have lots of sex dreams which I think is compensatory . Aside from that I have re-occuring dreams of my first high school crush but oddly I never actually got to know her that well and am no longer in contact with her but I still randomly dream about her occassionally - strange that I likely know her better in my dreams than in real life - it is entirely subconscious. She is my dual too long before I knew what socionics was.

What was really strange was falling in love with a different girl and at the pinnacle of feeling I started having uncontrollable flashes of my first high school crush. I had recently been in contact with her but I had no idea I had repressed emotions toward her. Its like she is buried deep in my subconscious laying domant until moments of elevated emotion. has anyone else experienced this? normal? strange? healthy? unheathy? regressive much?

What I do not like about the subconscious and dreams is they always mean more to the dreamer than to anyone else - dream interpretation can be self-indulgent and self-absorbed. sorry if I'm being too honest. if I have a good dream I will share.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on a small island somewhere overcast and chilly, crouched behind a piece of rubble, a thick one this time. I glance over quickly before ducking back. Nervously I check my assault rifle to see how much ammo I have. A cold tide of ocean water rushes in and soaks my feet as I try to come up with a plan. Someone is hunting me. I don't know how I got here or why this is happening, but on this island, empty save the old rotting house ahead and a jungle behind, a short, old man with a high powered rifle is trying to kill me. He's good. Real good. He's had my number the whole time. My right arm slowly oozes blood and I silently curse to myself. Somehow this guy knows exactly where I am and his bullets were powerful enough to penetrate the walls of the house he was holed up in, that was how he almost got me the first time.

I brace myself and make a break from cover to an rusted out aluminum shed. Halfway there I stumble over a rock on the beach and a bullet whizzes past where my head would have been a moment before. I hit one entrance of the shed and keep sprinting out the other side past a boat that's been moored inside. Another bullet tears a hole in the siding barely in front of me. I hesitate and think about going the other way when another shot rings out this time leading me a bit too far back the way I came. It's like he can anticipate what I'm doing. My heart is racing and I can't think of any other alternative so I decide to charge him. Right before I break from cover again, I throw a rock far to the right. Almost as soon as it strikes an outcropping, the old man has already put a hole in the rock even before it hits the ground.

I rush the house as fast as I can, shedding my rifle and praying silently to a god I don't believe in that he's using a bolt operated gun. I leap to my left in anticipation of his reload time and feel something sizzle past my right ear. Two strides later I hit the open window with a dive and roll into the room. The old man swivels but I'm too close for him to make good use of his weapon any longer. I wrestle him to the ground and punch him in the face a couple of times, demanding to know why he's trying to kill me. He laughs at me through bloodied, broken teeth.

"Because that's what we're here for," he cackles. Madness dances dangerously in his eyes. I want to spare him, but I don't know if I can trust him enough to let him live. I ask about the boat but his insanity consumes him. Only one thing he says makes eerie sense, something the man who had sent me had said.

"If you go, you will never leave that island." Desperation starts to creep in on me. There has to be more survivors here. There's a town here, for god's sake, beyond the jungle. Right? I knock the man out and take his weapon. As I go back to retrieve my own I stumble across a dead decaying body I hadn't noticed before, a bullet hole in between his eyes. His mouth and hands are covered in gore and that's when I realize there are motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking island.

"Shit."

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I have a whole set of dream superpowers that have developed over the years, from simple stuff that I assume that most people do, like flying (I have several different "types" or "ways" of flying) to stranger things like time warp abilities (where I can slow people/things down in my dreams in order to catch or evade them). I can also force myself awake from a dream with a burst of gathered up willpower if things get too sketchy, or do a sort of savegame reset where I can teleport myself out of a bad situation back to the "physical" beginning point of the dream. I use this when i find myself stuck inside a hallway or tunnel that dead ends, then turn around to see that it's sealed up behind me trapping me in. There are also recurring 4th dimensional "warps" to my dreamscape that I've learned to recognize and use (sometimes they mess me up though and leave me halfway across "town" with a few steps having to find my way back)
    Cool! I have flown before, and developed the ability to wake myself up. Those 2 things I do as well, but not the other 2, teleporting or doing a reset. Maybe I'll have to practice! I do think it's related to people having some control over their brains while they sleep, and they can manipulate dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Jung interpreted dreams as 1. complimentary 2. compensatory 3. paralellel. He advocated a equilibrium of forces represented by the mandala. According to dictionary.com- mandala: (in Jungian psychology) a symbol representing the effort to reunify the self. If you examine your dreams look for symmetry or opposing forces in harmony. I interpreted my own dreams and I can find hidden symbols after reading Jung.
    Interesting. I analyze my dreams very similarly, especially using 3) parallel. I can understand well the emotions that trigger events, how people see things as symbolic. Maybe I'll have to think more using complementary and compensatory too.

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    What was really strange was falling in love with a different girl and at the pinnacle of feeling I started having uncontrollable flashes of my first high school crush. I had recently been in contact with her but I had no idea I had repressed emotions toward her. Its like she is buried deep in my subconscious laying domant until moments of elevated emotion. has anyone else experienced this? normal? strange? healthy? unheathy? regressive much?
    I've experienced this too! My first crush way back from 8th grade, I would still have the occasional dream of her several years later, throughout high school.

I don't think it's unhealthy. I think it's normal. The person symbolizes a feeling to you, love, and your first experience with it is very powerful. As Sheryl Crow says lol, 'first love is the deepest'. Having recurring dreams of that person is more than normal, it's good! Shows you're human and can care/love someone deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I'm on a small island somewhere overcast and chilly, crouched behind a piece of rubble, a thick one this time.
    Don't have much time left to enjoy this read but I'll be back later. At glancing though, what a cool dream!

Creepy-bg

whenever my cat sleeps next to me, he's in my dreams with me. I wonder if I'm in his dreams too when that happens.

@the first crush thing... it could also be an anima/animus thing. my first real female best friend + secret crush tends to take that role in dreams. sometimes it's this other girl, who I've never known irl, but swear that I saw on the bus one time. I couldn't stop staring at her, she probably thought that I was a total creep, but everything about her was exactly as she is in my dreams and I felt an incredible attraction to her. I kick myself for not saying something and trying to meet her.
    Last edited by bg; 11-25-2010 at 07:49 PM.

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dreams usually have a premise; and then I will dream a good ending and then a bad ending. . . and then I will wake up and try to dream of something pleasanter.

If I fail; I will be up half of the night thinking about my dream.

I usually have a dream every night; and they're usually very realistically portrayed in my head.

Sometimes they even come true.

I've had about 10 of those. . . . . . it's like seeing your dream happen, except in real-life. Has anyone ever had that happen to them before?

I will even re-dream dreams from time to time. . .

There is one dream I have had off and on since I was 8. . .

Sometimes I think I was gifted with the gift of visions. . .

Kinda scary.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can some alpha NT analyze this for me:

I have dreams that I cannot walk anymore. I'm paralized in my legs and sometimes even do headrolls in my dreams to move forward.

Strange eh? I have these kind of dreams every once a week or so.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

I have dreams that I cannot walk anymore. I'm paralized in my legs and sometimes even do headrolls in my dreams to move forward.

not NT, but I'll throw some stuff out anyways. it could mean that your subconscious is feeling blocked as far as moving forward on something. maybe in life, maybe something else. could be a stalled, frustrated, or just not fast enough life plan thing.

could also be that you're sleeping in a weird position and the sensation on your legs is bleeding through into your dreams. another possibility, sometimes my legs stop working in my dreams when i have to take a piss but I'm still asleep.

if it isn't the latter, and probably not the former, you could try posing the question to your subconscious, "what does that leg thing mean?". In my experience you could get an immediate answer that you'll tangent on for awhile that leads to the right one or resolution of the issue, or you'll get something more concrete to interpret in your dreams to get you there.

if you can remember the question in your dreams, you can ask somebody there and see what they say, which will give you something to think about to realize the meaning.

In my opinion, dream symbols and archetypes will only be a very general idea of what's being worked out or how it relates to IRL. They can also be highly subjective in form and don't come in one-size-fits all packages.

hopefully something in that^ is worth while to you.
    Last edited by bg; 11-26-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Why does it have to be an Alpha NT...

I often use this site to get the basic idea of what the dream might mean: An Online Guide To Dream Interpretation

For example...:

Paralyzed
    To dream that you are paralyzed, reflects the current state of your body while you are dreaming. During the REM state of sleep, your body is really immobile and paralyzed. People report that they cannot run or hit, despite how hard they try.

Symbolically, dreaming that you are paralyzed means you are feeling helpless or pinned down in some aspects or circumstances of your waking life. You may feel unable to deal with a situation or change anything. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are feeling emotionally paralyzed. You have difficulties expressing your feelings.
    For some reason, I've dreamed that I was watching a documentary about ants. Then, I've read the description of ants, and it seemed to have made sense. Sigh...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the main dreams i remember distinctly are ones where i'm flying. in some of them, i can actually will myself to fly, it's the coolest feeling. then there are some that are what i call continuation dreams where i'm picking up on a previous dream and having the next chapter. finally there are some where there is just this frustration and feeling of dread.

my dreams lack sensory detail and even color. they are more like vague storylines and feelings. except for the flying ones.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best dreams are the ones where the details are really sharp. I sometimes become aware of that I'm dreaming and I think to myself: how is it possibly that my mind creates all this, I can see things around me exactly as if I was awake. Then I start to experiment: I focus on an object to examine all it's details. Even though the dream is extremely realistic there are sometimes some detail that is weird or surrealistic that reminds me of that I'm dreaming. Then I can become so exited about the whole experience it that I wake up

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forget why but I think legs symbolize confidence...perhaps a dream that paraellels your waking life? If you consider colloquial expressions such as to stand tall or walk proudly denotes self-confidence.

As for your head-rolling that could mean your thinking too much or consider decapitation. Your subconscious is signalling you are neglecting your physical well being. A last interpretation is head-rolling could mean circular reasoning or your moving through cycles. For whatever reason I'm imagining a head-rolling in the third person but considering a head-rolling from the first person that is disorienting.

As for dreams themselves whether they are good or bad I'm not sure. I have heard that dreams represent the subconscious but that is not entirely a good sign. Actually I have heard that if you do not dream at all that means your subconscious is intergrated with your conscious. In other words the subconscious acts as a counter balance to consciousness which means dreams represent an imbalance within consciousness but an absence of dreams means self realisation.

Consider if your "dreams come true" well you would no longer have that dream right? To be more accurate in meaning you would no longer have the desire.

I remember reading an interesting article about a south pacific tribe that was considered to be free of all psychological illness and to live in perfect health. The article stated that the tribe practised dream interpretation as a communal activity. So if someone within the tribe had a dream they can share their dream and everyone else would listen and basically interpreat the meaning. So instead of a dream being a self-gratifying experience the dream is a reflection of all an individuals relationships within the tribe. However I read another article that basically said that no such tribe existed and the entire anthropology and psychology behind it is fictious. I have to say I was diappointed.

From memory I learned that neuroticism and psychosis is bascially consciousness is overriden by the subconscious. A madmen simply can not mitigate their subconscious desires. Basically in a healthy individual consciousness is their waking life and subconscious their dreams but for a neurotic and psychotic subconsciousness is as much their waking life as consciousness is their dream. That is somewhat an oversimplification but gets at the root. If you have ever seen a homeless person having what seems like an interesting conversation with an invisible person you may understand what I mean.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone who interpretated my dream.

I enjoyed reading them!

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    the main dreams i remember distinctly are ones where i'm flying. in some of them, i can actually will myself to fly, it's the coolest feeling.
    ohh i love flying dreams, though whenever i fly, i cant get high at all, like there is a invisible barrier between me and the higher part of the sky.. and i fly very slow... i try to will myself higher and faster but for some reason i cant .. makes me sad so then i get bored and change/switch dreams

I also can change my dreams when im sleeping and choose where they go, like a story book with multiple opportunities for you to pick. i create what i want in my dreams.. if my dreams are to surreal and scary i change them.. i did this especially when i was little.

i kinda think dreams are usually more than just dreams, like a force higher than yourself shows you things about things, premonition, showing you where you are in life etc... i guess sometimes though dreams are just dreams... or subconscious talking with you..

but times when i dream, its so surreal that i remember everything about it and it leaves an impression on me... i think those ones are more than just dreams i believe they are form god haha pretty awesome!

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    ohh i love flying dreams, though whenever i fly, i cant get high at all, like there is a invisible barrier between me and the higher part of the sky.. and i fly very slow... i try to will myself higher and faster but for some reason i cant .. makes me sad so then i get bored and change/switch dreams
    YES! lol I have the same thing. invisible barriers with dream flight. it's like the edge of the map in a video game. there's nothing there, but you can't go any further.

I used to fly by jumping up, then I'd go up too high and freak out. so I'd have to hold really still until I floated back down to an acceptable height.

There was a time some years ago when I was getting really detached from life, in my dreams I didn't walk anymore, I just floated above the ground a few inches without moving my legs. People stopped having faces, they were just a blur. I took it as a sign of being way too disconnected from people and maybe myself. made some real efforts to open up IRL. Seemed to help because now I'm back to vivid rich dreams where I'm in contact with things and the dream people.
    Last edited by bg; 11-28-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i had a dream last night that i had to use a really disgusting public bathroom. it was just...wtf.

i wonder what freud would say.

Creepy-Snaps

Didn't come back to this thread in time to analyze your dream, but Bionicgoat and chip said everything I would have said, and more. And the link by Singularity about the dream interpretation site is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i had a dream last night that i had to use a really disgusting public bathroom. it was just...wtf.

That one's really easy to analyze! You are amazed at how disgusting people are... are afraid of the true nature of people, which you fully understand, but do not wish to be a part of. You pride yourself in being different. Pride yourself in not being disgusting, for being 'clean', unique, special in your own way.

It's also important that you "had to use" the disgusting public bathroom... something forced you to go where you didn't want to. You don't want to go into the bathroom, to be disgusting like everyone else, but something is forcing you... you may feel like you're losing power in your life. Afraid of the possibility of losing your uniqueness, of not being special anymore.

More generally, you could be subconsciously afraid in real life of your regular routine being interfered with... maybe you're going through some change which you're unfamiliar with. 'Going to the bathroom' could symbolize a regular routine which you've been doing your whole life, but you're afraid everything you know will be wasted, that you'll have to learn something new all over again...

Not very flattering... but, that could also be a sign of aging. Of feeling old. That everything you've mastered and learned isn't good enough anymore. So I'll ask suggest/ask again, are you going through some kind of change, even a small change, where you have to learn new things?

I could go on and on, but Mountain Dew needs to get some sleep tonight. I feel like I might be reading into the public bathroom dream too much, and getting off track what's truly going on subconsciously... of course the more details you give, the better I can analyze. Was only given one line to work with... Haha I find this lots of fun... if only I could find a job that paid me to do this stuff all day!

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post

hmmm though it is an abomination of Freud's personal philosophy on life and the afterlife, if we could resurrect Frued's ghost and have him interpret your dream from the grave well then I imagine he would say:

"why do you have a painted banana as your profile pic? The shape of the banana is symbolic of a phalic object...boooooooo...a toilet is symbolic of a vaginal object...booooooooooo....fieces indicates a lack of creativity in your waking life"

Could you imagine if Freud visited you as the ghost of christmas past? He would deconstruct your entire childhood. I remember hearing an interesting ethical theory concerning Freudian psychoanalytics. According to the theory the source of many of Freud's patient's neurotic behaviour did not emerge from the subconscious spontanesouly nor by birth. The theory maintains that the source for many of his patient's neurosis could be traced to sexual child abuse from their parents. Much of his work is impenetrable due to speculations on human civilization and the strains it causes for the individual but the theory maintains that the real and simpler explanation was unlike a healthy and functional member of society a neurotic had been sexually abused. That was the real reason but Freud traced it back to religion and civilization in order to protect the identity of the parents of his patients.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    YES! lol I have the same thing. invisible barriers with dream flight. it's like the edge of the map in a video game. there's nothing there, but you can't go any further.
    Yet i wanted to go further!! yeah i guess it is similar
    i wonder if dreaming things is type related...

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sometimes dream that things I wished for happen. It could be a very trivial matter, like getting a PC problem fixed I worked on for a long time, but also fundamental issues like finding your 'soul-mate' and so on. While waking up I recognize it was just a dream and I regret I woke up. But those positive dreams are quite rare, it's mostly more about scary things happening to me, if I dream at all (or if I can remeber my dream). There were surgeries, losing my sight, being crippled somehow or caught in an extremely embarrasing situation... I'm always glad when I wake up after such a dream.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's one for ya's.

This morning I dreamt I was in an apartment building and was hiding from Godizzla. Godzilla kept circling the building smashing through different rooms to find me. I never got caught but never got away either. That's pretty much it. Whatever else happened and whatever meaning was signified has descended back down into subconcious memory.

In waking life I'm living in korea teaching ESL but have been considering moving to Japan after my contract has expried. Godizzla is symbolic in reference to Japan and I currently live in an apartment building.

My interpretation is moving to Japan is potentially destructive. Japan is where I had wanted to teach all along but Korea offered job placement immediately and provided air fare. I'm not sure what else is relevant.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast