Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Godzilla
    To see Godzilla in your dream, signifies feelings of being out of control. A certain situation is getting the best of you.
    Dream Moods: Common Dreams: Godzilla in Kmart

I'm not sure if the Godzilla necessarily associates with Japan. It's interesting that Godzilla dreams are usually about being chased, and then being found out ("No matter where you hide or where you run, Godzilla seems to find you.") It could mean that you feel that a certain situation is getting out of hand, and your attempt at finding a solution is to hide, or run. It may be telling you that you need to confront whatever problem that you have at hand.

In conclusion, this dream may be telling you that it is best to confront your problems instead of trying to avoid them. There is no used in hiding from them because the problem will eventually catch up to you.
    Dreams are not necessarily prophetic, but I think that they are often an attempt at finding a solution - that is, whatever spontaneous solution that you think is appropriate at the moment.

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem is my korean girlfriend. I'm feeling hurt at the moment and yes the situation feels very out of control. I'm contemplating breaking up with her. I feel like I'm running through a maze. I want a fresh start and go to Japan.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chip
    The problem is my...girlfriend. I want a fresh start and go to Japan.
    Come dressed for the job.

Semi On-Topic: My (Almost) Daily Dreams

1) Going to school and suddenly finding out there's a test today I knew nothing about. (Which kinda happened a lot in college IRL.)

2) Eating. Everything.

3) "Relieving" myself with people watching. (And kinda not caring.)

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream the other night where I went to a place to meet the guy I liked and then I saw another girl hanging on his arm that was clearly trying to seduce him, and he seemed to kind of like it but ignore her at the same time.

Then a nice girl came out and he flirted with her. . . . and then I lost my gumption to say anything at all to him, went out and cried. And then he comes out to comfort me. . . .

Then I got angry and I left. But then when I got home I got all depressed and died of: "a broken heart."

I woke up.

It was confusing.

Does anyone have any idea of what this means?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellow82
    Sometimes [my dreams] even come true.

I've had about 10 of those......it's like seeing your dream happen, except in real-life.

Sometimes I think I was gifted with the gift of visions...

Unfacetious Response: Sounds like you still like him.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently had a dream that stuck in my mind:

I (and another person--faceless) was entrusted with caring for a baby (also faceless). The baby was in a rocking crib, and was really quiet. I and the other person kept getting really busy and distracted by other things, and periodically I would suddenly remember with horror that I needed to be taking care of this baby. I would rush over, wondering if the baby was still alive, and each time the baby was still alive. The last iteration of that, I woke up before i found out though. Scary dream....

Any interpretations?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I recently had a dream that stuck in my mind:

I (and another person--faceless) was entrusted with caring for a baby (also faceless). The baby was in a rocking crib, and was really quiet. I and the other person kept getting really busy and distracted by other things, and periodically I would suddenly remember with horror that I needed to be taking care of this baby. I would rush over, wondering if the baby was still alive, and each time the baby was still alive. The last iteration of that, I woke up before i found out though. Scary dream....

Any interpretations?
    Baby
    To see a baby in your dream, signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted. If you find a baby in your dream, then it suggests that you have acknowledged your hidden potential. If you dream that you forgot you had a baby, then it suggests that you are trying hide your own vulnerabilities; You do not want to let others know of your weaknesses. Alternatively, forgetting about a baby, represents an aspect of yourself that you have abandoned or put aside due to life's changing circumstances. The dream may serve as a reminder that it is time for you to pick up that old interest, hobby, or project again. If you dream that you are on your way to the hospital to have a baby, then it signifies your issues of dependency and your desires to be completely care for. Perhaps you are trying to get out of some responsibility. If you are pregnant in real life, then a more direct interpretation may simply mean that you are experiencing some anxieties of making it to the hospital when the time comes.

To dream of a crying baby, symbolizes a part of yourself that is deprived of attention and needs to be nurtured. Alternatively, it represents your unfulfilled goals and a sense of lacking in your life. If you dream that a baby is neglected, then it suggests that you are not paying enough attention to yourself. You are not utilizing your full potential. Alternatively, this dream could represent your fears about your own children and your ability to protect and to provide for them.

To dream about a starving baby, represents your dependence on others. You are experiencing some deficiency in your life that needs immediate attention and gratification. To see a dead baby in your dream, symbolizes the ending of something that was once a part of you.

To dream of an extremely small baby, symbolizes your helplessness and your fears of letting others become aware of your vulnerabilities and incompetence. You may be afraid to ask for help and as a result tend to take matters into your own hands. To dream that you are dipping a baby in and out of water, signifies regression. You are regressing to a time where you had no worries and responsibilities. Alternatively, such a scenario is reminisce of when the baby is in the fetus and in its comfort zone. In fact, some expectant mothers even give birth in a pool, because the environment in the water mimics the environment in the uterus. It is less traumatic for the baby as it emerges into the world. So perhaps, the dream represents your search for your own comfort zone.
    I think it means that you're forgetting to take care of yourself, and forgetting your own wants and needs. The way you rush over to your baby might mean that you still have concerns and sympathy for your (maybe suffering or neglected?) self, but you keep on forgetting, because you are so distracted. Maybe the dream is telling you to focus on yourself, and the aspects of yourself that you have abandoned and neglected.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can't say what something means to anybody else but yourself. Meaning is all within.... and so a baby means different things to different people.

In difficult cultures they think that snakes mean a good thing. In other ones they think it's a bad omen. Who is right and who is wrong? nobody is..... it all depends on the individual.

that's why you don't really need the outside world to validate your romantic relationships. nobody really can see inside your soul and heart and how good it is. they just see what they want to see and try to figure you out that way. but they don't really know.

we all let other people effect us too much, don't you think?

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if meaning is all within then let it out!

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You can't say what something means to anybody else but yourself. Meaning is all within.... and so a baby means different things to different people.

In difficult cultures they think that snakes mean a good thing. In other ones they think it's a bad omen. Who is right and who is wrong? nobody is..... it all depends on the individual.
    Yeah meanings are all different to everyone, but most of them are pretty similar. There are symbolisms in art and poetry, which is the subconscious, and they are all pretty universal. And actually, apparently there isn't any culture that does not have an innate fear of snakes. Apparently we've evolved to fear snakes.

But yeah you're right, these things ultimately mean more to the dreamer than the interpretor.
    Last edited by Singu; 12-02-2010 at 04:54 PM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I think it means that you're forgetting to take care of yourself, and forgetting your own wants and needs. The way you rush over to your baby might mean that you still have concerns and sympathy for your (maybe suffering or neglected?) self, but you keep on forgetting, because you are so distracted. Maybe the dream is telling you to focus on yourself, and the aspects of yourself that you have abandoned and neglected.
    This is actually how I interpreted it as well. and it was very fitting of what was going on at the time. (actually still is... ) but at least i'm more cognizant of it.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well actually, I could have been wrong about the interpretation of the "taking care of yourself" thing. Since apparently, babies represent new beginnings or new ideas. It should also be stressed that dreams are an attempt at finding a solution. So, it could be that the baby simply represented a new project or a new idea. And you simply did not want to forget about it, because you wanted to stress its importance, or perhaps that you were aware of the consequence of forgetting about it.
    Last edited by Singu; 12-02-2010 at 05:02 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I was being attacked by fawns and cows while trapped in an underground hovel that some old person had died in after crashing his race car about 80 or 90 years earlier.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Well actually, I could have been wrong about the interpretation of the "taking care of yourself" thing. Since apparently, babies represent new beginnings or new ideas. It should also be stressed that dreams are an attempt at finding a solution. So, it could be that the baby simply represented a new project or a new idea. And you simply did not want to forget about it, because you wanted to stress its importance, or perhaps that you were aware of the consequence of forgetting about it.
    could be as well...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had two sort of unpleasant dreams last night.

The first one was about me, my mom, and my sister being tasked with needing to get something done outside (I forget what), in a war zone. It was really scary actually, involved a lot of fear.

The second one was about me living in the upper west parts of Manhattan/NYC (north of UWS) again (I lived there for about 6 months a few years ago ). In the dream I do remember having a passing feeling that maybe if I lived there longer and had more of a chance to explore and find conveniences in my life, maybe I would have liked it more. It was a really unpleasant dream though.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I was being attacked by fawns and cows while trapped in an underground hovel that some old person had died in after crashing his race car about 80 or 90 years earlier.
    lol, that almost sounds like a "Lost" episode!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WA
    The second one was about me living in the upper west parts of Manhattan/NYC (north of UWS)...

It was a really unpleasant dream.
    Harlem?

I just dreamt about eating a hot dog with my grandpa. It was pleasant.

Then the North Korean army showed up.

Prison. No more hot dogs.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Harlem?

I just dreamt about eating a hot dog with my grandpa. It was pleasant.

Then the North Korean army showed up.

Prison. No more hot dogs.
    I lived in the Washington Heights area when i was in NYC. I think in my dream i was there, because i noticed the 2 subway stops, including one that i never took (the nicer one of the 2 ). Right around the GWB.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Columbia?

I used to be at 70 and B'way.

We coulda hung out. (In Harlem.)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Columbia?

I used to be at 70 and B'way.

We coulda hung out. (In Harlem.)

oh i really liked the undergrad columbia campus! i used to go down there to study, shop, and work out. (Ollie's!!! and the other pan-asian place a couple doors down--loved their papaya ice smoothies). When were you there?

I was up at the med campus for like 6 months from July 07-Jan 08. Was miserable at my program (hated it more so than the location, which was full of hassles in and of itself) so I switched specialties and transferred elsewhere. I lived at 165th street iirc. Right above the Wendy's. That subway stop at 168th street could be the fodder of nightmares, i'm sure!!! It has to be the most DISGUSTING NYC subway stop among all of them. Which is horrible considering it's right under a hospital.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Jung interpreted dreams as 1. complimentary 2. compensatory 3. paralellel. He advocated a equilibrium of forces represented by the mandala. According to dictionary.com- mandala: (in Jungian psychology) a symbol representing the effort to reunify the self. If you examine your dreams look for symmetry or opposing forces in harmony. I interpreted my own dreams and I can find hidden symbols after reading Jung.

As for myself I have lots of sex dreams which I think is compensatory . Aside from that I have re-occuring dreams of my first high school crush but oddly I never actually got to know her that well and am no longer in contact with her but I still randomly dream about her occassionally - strange that I likely know her better in my dreams than in real life - it is entirely subconscious. She is my dual too long before I knew what socionics was.

What was really strange was falling in love with a different girl and at the pinnacle of feeling I started having uncontrollable flashes of my first high school crush. I had recently been in contact with her but I had no idea I had repressed emotions toward her. Its like she is buried deep in my subconscious laying domant until moments of elevated emotion. has anyone else experienced this? normal? strange? healthy? unheathy? regressive much?

What I do not like about the subconscious and dreams is they always mean more to the dreamer than to anyone else - dream interpretation can be self-indulgent and self-absorbed. sorry if I'm being too honest. if I have a good dream I will share.
    That makes alot of sense. I had a dream every single night for 3 years about my dual. Now that we are together I rarely dream about him.

I keep dreaming about boats now. Does anyone know what that means?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by twizzlestix View Post
    I keep dreaming about boats now. Does anyone know what that means?
    Since I don't feel like doing a serious analysis right now, it means you want to ride on a boat with T-Pain:

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

that's why you don't really need the outside world to validate your romantic relationships. nobody really can see inside your soul and heart and how good it is. they just see what they want to see and try to figure you out that way. but they don't really know.

we all let other people effect us too much, don't you think?
    Yes symbols take on different meanings to different people, and subjectivity is awesome.

Objectivity is a great for certain things but romance/life/art it is not.... for laws/policies/work/academics/technical things objectivity rules.

Creepy-male

I remember this one dream where I was walking around in this area with buildings, green grass, and it was a sunny day. There was this fountain like they have in front of fancy office buildings, and there was this little platform by the fountain, I went to move towards the platform and it launched me into the air and I flew over this building, when I got to the top there were all these paths like at a water slide, and I got on one of them (while still flying through the air) and glided down the building. I remember being so obsessed by it and doing it over and over, and then the platform stopped working, and I remember trying really fucking hard to figure out what was wrong with my technique and why I couldn't launch myself into the air, eventually I got frustrated and then tried to walk up the building and it looked like a construction site, a bunch of support beams and rods, and impromptu stairways. Then I remember going through all of this stuff.

The launch pads were really fun I remember, its hard to describe the exact experience but I'm not doing it justice, it was kind of like getting launched into the air and then gliding.

Another dream I had a while back that was less fun and darker was I was near this seaside town on a vacation or something, it wasn't my home town and apparently there was this storm coming in. I was locked away in this industrial school building that was something like 20 stories high and eventually the storm came in and water surrounded the building so that half the building was underwater and the other half wasn't. The half that was underwater wasn't flooded, but you could see directly underwater and the water was all green and murky and the sky stormy. The windows were all rusted and it made creaking sounds and dripped like a leaky faucet. The thing that sucked was that while people weren't flooded since the building was so high, no one could leave the building until the storm passed.

Finally another dream that was odd I had was in this building, I walked down this hallway that appeared much like a typical school building and there was this elevator. like the elevator you'd see on the bottom floor of a huge dormitory. I got on the elevator and pressed a floor, and when I arrived there it opened into this little hallway, I walked out of it and it eventually came into this white walkway that led to stairs and connected to another walkway that had glass rails and overlooked a lower floor like a department store, except instead of a department store there was this market/town there and this whole society on this floor. I remember there being some rally and the leader was crazy and I was trying to find the elevator to exit the floor but everyone was really creepy and watching me, and although it wasn't said I felt like I wasn't allowed to leave and something deeply strange was going on.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream once.

I was walking through somebodies yard as a shortcut to getting home and a dog attacked me that was about half the size of a lion. It forced me on the ground and then put my arm down its throat up to about my elbow, but didn't bite down at all and just growled while holding my arm as if to restrain me and toy with me at the same time.

Then a woman slowly walked outside and I screamed at her to try and get her attention. She didn't seem to notice me and kept slowly walking toward me with a pitch black face, so I gave up screaming. Then she put two more smaller dogs on the ground and slowly walked back inside without saying a word or giving any indication that she knew I was there. Then when she closed the door the other two dogs started growling. And I woke up.

What does it mean?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    I had a dream once.

I was walking through somebodies yard as a shortcut to getting home and a dog attacked me that was about half the size of a lion. It forced me on the ground and then put my arm down its throat up to about my elbow, but didn't bite down at all and just growled while holding my arm as if to restrain me and toy with me at the same time.

Then a woman slowly walked outside and I screamed at her to try and get her attention. She didn't seem to notice me and kept slowly walking toward me with a pitch black face, so I gave up screaming. Then she put two more smaller dogs on the ground and slowly walked back inside without saying a word or giving any indication that she knew I was there. Then when she closed the door the other two dogs started growling. And I woke up.

What does it mean?
    The dog represents something obviously
    as does the lady
    also the shortcut, path, and yard

what was the mood of the dream?
    how did it feel to take that shortcut before the dog came at you

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weird dreams. . .

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but of late I've been having some odd dreams. . . and I still haven't been able to make sense of all of them. . .

The first one, I was an adventurer/archeologist and the world had just discovered a new/old island that looked a lot like Ireland.. . they said that on the island that there was said to be a pink glowing ring that could restore the world to it's former glory. . . but to be careful, because you needed to awake the "good" people up first before putting on the ring. . . (so that you can be protected). It was said that only the true in heart could travel there. . . so I went searching. . . and found the island.

While there I went to a lake that was misty from falls, but quiet underneath the falls. The water was clear and beautiful and there were huge bronze statues of Indians surrounding the water. It was a beautiful place and I thought, oh water. Something that I can drink! (Because I was thirsty)

As soon as my foot hit the water the Indians came to life! They tried grabbing at me, and I got scared and so ducked into the water where there at the bottom I saw a glowing pink jewel. . . without thinking I grabbed it and started running for the hills. The Indians kept following me until I looked down and saw that in the jewel there was a pink ring! Scared to death I put on the ring, and instantly the clumsy bronze statues turned into evil looking fairies. . .

I had been told that the ring could protect you from the fairies, but that it could not protect anyone else around you. . . so I ran towards the hills to try and figure out how to awake the good people. . .

One of the bad fairies was a man my age and one day when I went to the water we got to talk. . . I was surprised that he wasn't trying to take the ring from me. . . but he realized that it was futile. He said that all his life he just wanted to be loved, but that when people started screaming at him he knew that all he was was bad. So he had become a bad fairy.

He said that I was the only person that he could talk to and not worry about hurting because I had the ring. . . slowly and surely I grew to care for the "bad fairy" because I knew that he didn't want to be bad. . . but he was just bad, and couldn't help himself. . .

Finally, he was brought over to the good side and he ended up telling me where the good people were that could restore the island and the world. The other bad fairies were mad at him and tried to kill him. . . but I kept him safe.
    Finally, when we had awoken the last good person they all joined together and told me that the restoration of the island depended on a decision that I would have to make. . . kill the bad fairies to restore the island, or, rid the world of the ring forever and no one would ever know true happiness. . . .

It was hard for me and I told them I needed time to consider the offer. . . I went to the reformed bad fairy and told him what had happened. . . he said that he knew it would happen this way and that he was ok with dying. That for once in his life, maybe he could actually do something good. . . but I said that I didn't want him to die for doing the right thing. . . and he looked at me and said: "sometimes doing the right thing takes sacrifice, and I would rather die doing the right thing, then live doing the wrong thing. . . "

It was sad. . . I tied up the other bad fairies. . . putting them on a boat while he sat waiting for us to get to the middle of the ocean. There I drowned the other fairies, and then when it was his turn, I didn't want to. . . but he said that it was ok. To not cry for him but to smile when I saw others happy. . . and that whenever I saw a rainbow in the sky, to remember him. . . with one last look, I drowned the only person I had felt a personal connection with. . . and then watched as the rest of the world rejoiced. . . . it wasn't fair, and yet, it was good. . .

The second dream starts out with my being a princess in a castle with a large family and lots of servants. The kingdom was bright and happy (from a distance) and then a shadow crosses over the land. There's a sense around my family that seems to be trouble. . . like you can feel how scared they are of something. So we decide to flee from from the Kingdom.

When we get to the woods we stop to picnic. I then go out on my own to pick berries. When I come back I see that these knightish/red color flagish people are attacking my family and servants! I get scared so I dig a hole and pile leaves on top of me. Finally after about two days they leave thinking that I am dead.

I then remember that we were on our way to an old woman's house and my father had told me how to get there. So somehow (I skip the journey in my dream) and end up at this old woman's house. It's out in the middle of the country and there are large puddles in the yard. She tells me to come in, that I was expected, so I do and I sleep there that night. The next morning, I go out to go for a walk and the puddles from the day before had turned into walls of water surrounding the entire house. But you could stand on the porch and not get wet. It made me feel scared. But the old woman said that it kept us safe from the bad people. She promised me that one day she would tell me everything and that I would know all.

The years went by and I stayed there protected by the walls of water and sustained by her, but then one day she had a stroke, and in her hand was a secret scroll. She said that it would teach me how to fight the bad people and win. And with her dying breath she told me to take the scroll and read it so that that the words inside of it could keep me safe. So when she died I took the scroll and read it. When I went out to the porch the next day, the water had turned into large puddles again. The walls of water were gone. (Like the walls of water and the old woman were somehow connected.)

I decided to stay at the house for a while so that I could read and learn what the scroll had to say. Once I felt like I had learned it all I decided to venture out and find out why my family was killed out in the woods.

Back at the woods my family was killed a red rider (like before) was going after a blue one. The blue rider was about to be killed until I stepped in and killed the red rider that was trying to kill the blue rider. Then the blue rider asked me to ride with him so that we could help protect each other. Over time we became friends and I learned that his purpose was to try and protect the "innocent people" (not blue or red rider) from the red riders.

After becoming very close, one night he tells me that he had used to be a red rider and that he had killed many people from a kingdom far away. I asked him: "what kingdom?" And he describes to me my family and how he was ordered to kill them. (He doesn't know that they were my family) so he says: "one of the girls escaped, and it was said that she would restore peace between the red and the blue riders."

I was confused for I had thought that the blue soldier was good. . . but he had killed my family. I wasn't sure what to do. . .

And then the dream ended. . .

Great ending, huh?

So if anyone could help make sense of these dreams for me I'd appreciate it!

Oh, and feel free to post your weird dreams too!

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my opinion: They're both about the EIE dude you wrote about. You don't know if he's good or bad, if he can be "converted" or how much you can trust him. You're conflicted about giving him up (drowning him) and about trusting him. He's both the bad fairy you befriended and the blue rider.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm waiting for Trevor answer

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously, the first dream indicates that you have some ******-like tendencies; namely, you wish to kill all homosexuals (i.e., "fairies") in order to make the world a better place. The second dream only strengthens this interpretation: it suggests that you loathe socialists (i.e., "Reds" or "red riders") and are prepared to side with conservative elites (i.e., "blue-bloods" or "blue riders") to stop the former, no matter how murderous the latter may be. Scary stuff.

More seriously, dream interpretation is inherently problematic because dreams rely on the various random associations we've formed -- based on our individual experiences -- being activated at the same time. In other words, the characters or events in our dreams are likely to have some unique significance for us that they don't have for other people. This might seem self-evident, but some people believe that aspects of our dreams have universal significance, so that a spider in one person's dream means the same thing as in another's. In any case, both of your dreams have some thematic similarities that might be meaningful. For example, in both you are faced with a moral dilemma (specifically, about how you should act towards a morally questionable character), are protected from evil by a magical object, rely on the advice of good people to determine your actions (the old woman being the good person in the second dream), and are destined to combat evil (this is probably standard in many people's dreams, as we were all exposed to fairy tales using this plot device when we were young).

There are a lot of possible interpretations for these themes. For example, perhaps you subconsciously doubt that what you've been told about right and wrong is true (the bad fairy was a decent guy, but the blue rider was a murderer), but are unsure of your ability to discern whether particular people are good or bad. Or perhaps you want moral simplicity, a clear line between good and bad (your dreams start out with a clear delineation between the two), but always find ambiguity and confusion (your dreams end without a satisfying conclusion). However, I don't think that dream interpretation is any more meaningful than interpreting tea leaves.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    I'm waiting for Trevor answer
    I dream about being in mountains quite a lot. In fact, i dreamed that i was on a mountain just last night. Me, an ENTj, an ISFj, and no one else.

Creepy-male

I think I will give you an analysis of these dreams, but first I must fetch coffee......

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are the two coolest dreams I have ever read. Have you ever thought about becoming a writer?

The Island looked like Ireland? Cool! That's where I live.

What I thought reading them was that you may be conflicted with regard to what is good and what is evil. And if truly bad people exist, what to do about them? You're dream was an exploration of this theme, you're minds way of helping you come to a conclusion on the matter and to help you see that things aren't always so black and white.

I've been reading a lot lately about how man is at the stage now where we are awakening. My theory is that the last century was about technological revolution and this century will be about a love revolution. rEVOLution! Where we will finally find peace. Maybe it's something to do with that? I saw the movie "super" the other night and I can't help but think there will be a wave of vigilante justice soon to come. People shouldn't molest small children, full stop. The system is failing everyone. I think it's only a matter of time before someone stands up and does something about it. I for one would applaud them.

Maybe I'm going off on a tangent here and it's more to do with your own personal life. I can't help but think we are all connected through our dreams tho, shoot me, I'm IEE.

Creepy-male

The search for the ring on the island represents an era of self-inquiry in which you find your true self. The ring represents a symbol of power, of self-power/self-esteem/willpower.

When you find the ring you come across good fairies and bad fairies these represent the angels and demons of your spirit, the good and bad aspect of your nature or moreover your reality (could be the good and bad in the world around you).

The bronze indian statues represent the primal aspects of yourself (hence native people), statues represent ruinic still expressions. Hence the bronze statues coming to life represent the release of suppressed primal energy that was awakened by you regaining your sense of willpower and vitality.

This released energy created a manifestation of ill will (i.e. bad fairies) that had to be stopped, your better nature, the "good fairies" was telling you that.

This lead to a personal conflict... do you destroy the negative aspects of yourself and keep your self-esteem/willpower or do you choose to remain powerless and keep your higher spirit (both good and bad) forever trapped and suppressed.

This conflict lead to the presence of a meditator archetypal character.... the "reformed" indian, he served as a spiritual consoler to help you in your decision, he willfully submitted to your better nature, so that it did not seem not seem bad or murderous to kill the bad fairies.

Finally water is a universal symbol in many things, it represent life and vitality. Children are born in embriotic fluid, all live evolved from the water. Its generally associated with feminine/motherly emotion, healing, depth, and restoration.

Notice you found the ring at the bottom of the ocean.... this represented finding your willpower as you entered into a state of emotional awareness. Notice you drowned the bad fairies, cleansing them in the water, purifying your soul of evil, and notice finally the island is surrounded by water on all sides.... being a place abundant in soul energy.

I think thats what this is about.... just don't go on a moral crusade in real life thinking you need to cleanse bad fairies....

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    The search for the ring on the island represents an era of self-inquiry in which you find your true self. The ring represents a symbol of power, of self-power/self-esteem/willpower.

When you find the ring you come across good fairies and bad fairies these represent the angels and demons of your spirit, the good and bad aspect of your nature or moreover your reality (could be the good and bad in the world around you).

The bronze indian statues represent the primal aspects of yourself (hence native people), statues represent ruinic still expressions. Hence the bronze statues coming to life represent the release of suppressed primal energy that was awakened by you regaining your sense of willpower and vitality.

This released energy created a manifestation of ill will (i.e. bad fairies) that had to be stopped, your better nature, the "good fairies" was telling you that.

This lead to a personal conflict... do you destroy the negative aspects of yourself and keep your self-esteem/willpower or do you choose to remain powerless and keep your higher spirit (both good and bad) forever trapped and suppressed.

This conflict lead to the presence of a meditator archetypal character.... the "reformed" indian, he served as a spiritual consoler to help you in your decision, he willfully submitted to your better nature, so that it did not seem not seem bad or murderous to kill the bad fairies.

Finally water is a universal symbol in many things, it represent life and vitality. Children are born in embriotic fluid, all live evolved from the water. Its generally associated with feminine/motherly emotion, healing, depth, and restoration.

Notice you found the ring at the bottom of the ocean.... this represented finding your willpower as you entered into a state of emotional awareness. Notice you drowned the bad fairies, cleansing them in the water, purifying your soul of evil, and notice finally the island is surrounded by water on all sides.... being a place abundant in soul energy.

I think thats what this is about.... just don't go on a moral crusade in real life thinking you need to cleanse bad fairies....
    That was fucking cool! How do you know all that? I've been dreaming of swimming a lot lately actually. I feel like I've turned a corner the last few months and putting a lot of old demons to rest. What you said makes a lot of sense to me.

I had a dream a few weeks back that me and my boyfriend were on the beach holding hands running towards the water, we were looking at each other with big smiles on our faces. It was pure gay. He's my dual.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post
    That was fucking cool! How do you know all that? I've been dreaming of swimming a lot lately actually. I feel like I've turned a corner the last few months and putting a lot of old demons to rest. What you said makes a lot of sense to me.

I had a dream a few weeks back that me and my boyfriend were on the beach holding hands running towards the water, we were looking at each other with big smiles on our faces. It was pure gay. He's my dual.
    Hehe thanks,

I'm sure some people may or may not disagree with my interpretation, if you see my name, at one point in my life I was really big into dream analysis and so forth.

Water is just a typical symbol in dreams, I guess to really understand it, you have to dig pretty deep and find out what water really means to you as a person. Usually most people are oblivious to this level of depth attributed to things, water is just water, you drink it, you pee it out, etc.... but how do you feel about it, like deep down in the soul???? most people don't know. If you can begin to understand that then you'll understand what it means in your dreams, for each and every symbol. Reading dream dictionaries are good, but you can't overfixate on the logic behind it, sometimes a symbol can mean different things in different circumstances, sometimes it means different things to different people, etc.

The beach usually represent the border between emotional depth and spirit and grounded reality. It represents the border between your typical life on the ground and the depths of one's emotions. Running towards the water may represent approaching a point your realtionship were you feel more and more intimate, partaking in deeper emotion together. Smiling represents this journey being positive -- overall this could mean you have a positive evalulation of your relationships and its growth towards deeper intimacy.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post

Hehe thanks,

I'm sure some people may or may not disagree with my interpretation, if you see my name, at one point in my life I was really big into dream analysis and so forth.

Water is just a typical symbol in dreams, I guess to really understand it, you have to dig pretty deep and find out what water really means to you as a person. Usually most people are oblivious to this level of depth attributed to things, water is just water, you drink it, you pee it out, etc.... but how do you feel about it, like deep down in the soul???? most people don't know. If you can begin to understand that then you'll understand what it means in your dreams, for each and every symbol. Reading dream dictionaries are good, but you can't overfixate on the logic behind it, sometimes a symbol can mean different things in different circumstances, sometimes it means different things to different people, etc.

The beach usually represent the border between emotional depth and spirit and grounded reality. It represents the border between your typical life on the ground and the depths of one's emotions. Running towards the water may represent approaching a point your realtionship were you feel more and more intimate, partaking in deeper emotion together. Smiling represents this journey being positive -- overall this could mean you have a positive evalulation of your relationships and its growth towards deeper intimacy.
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Eye of the Potato; 08-04-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What the heck do you people do to have pleasant dreams ?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged