Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    My reoccurring dream themes:

.someone seeking to murder me with their bare hands. in the end i always manage to fend them off with something random like laundry detergent
    .(uno reverse) just "knowing" i have to murder someone, and it's always done either with my bare hands or a dagger, and i HATE that i have to do it
    .being chased
    .talking to people but along the course of the dream it's like i slowly start becoming invisible and no one notices me anymore
    --youre definitely stressed out about something underneath that u feel is outta ur control. anything with violence is like that
    --as far as the invisibility perhaps maybe u feel invisible within this world at times? or u feel like u can't be urself. and when ur not urself u aren't heard.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charris862 View Post
    How about this one? I was in my apartment complex, and i got the urge to run outside and down the concrete steps. Just outside the gates of the apartments, a giant and i mean a GIANT was coming for no good. It was thanos and best belief I was scarlet witch. I felt the red electricity come from my toes to my finger tips and shot all i could! But even with the people of the apartments, some gifted like me, tried to help but it wasn’t enough with that burst we just threw towards him. After that I hauled ASS and went for an escape eventually diving into a darkened lake without hesistation. Hoping he couldn’t sense me. That was the ending shocking me awake, it felt like getting shot at and the pursuer missing, or holding of the breath behind a closet door as the footstep passes. The end was with the dive and sense of i hope he wasn’t close enough to see my clear tracks...
    something overwhelming has been dominating your thoughts

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    --youre definitely stressed out about something underneath that u feel is outta ur control. anything with violence is like that
    --as far as the invisibility perhaps maybe u feel invisible within this world at times? or u feel like u can't be urself. and when ur not urself u aren't heard.
    I haven't had these dreams for a while I think (I go through different phases of always remembering my dreams then never remembering)

--I think I'm very insecure about my physical safety although it's strange because my environment/childhood is/was very safe.
    --my earliest insecurity is that I'm a boring person (at least on the surface level before you get to know me) and that no one could be interested in me so maybe that's why. hm, maybe you're right about the last part.. although i've always been described as a very non-conformist person but that may just be what it seems like on the outside.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had this stupid dream where the fluffiest honey colored kitten was a psychopath. At two months old, the adorable little shit had killed and eaten at least two persons.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    I had this stupid dream where the fluffiest honey colored kitten was a psychopath. At two months old, the adorable little shit had killed and eaten at least two persons.
    @Aeris, are you sure that was a dream? Cats really only have murder on their minds, and if they could eat people instead of their equivalent weight in birds and squirrels and other small creatures, they would.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamed that I went to sleep in a six-story hotel in some (Mid?) western city and when I woke up and looked down on the street, flood waters had filled the town overnight to above the heights of the cars.
    My first thought was, “That’s gonna be hard on my rental car.” My next thought was, “I wonder if anyone died in the rapidly rising water?” My third thought was, “Looks like I’m stuck here for a while.”

I think this is an analogy to COVID-19.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember that in a dream that seemed very meaningful to me, I sat down to talk with an old red-haired lady, with small metal glasses and short hair, who was wearing an old coat that seemed to be beige, she was a little bit short and fat, sitting in a wooden bench located in front of the hospital in my town.
    The lady began to talk to me about religious matters, and curiously I was deeply in agreement and delighted with her. The street was completely empty and at one point, the lady, who at all times had a smile on her face, got up to leave and finally said something very, very strange to me: "We have to raise our sword and fight for God".

A young man with a shaved head and a black wool jacket approached laughing and insulting me for listening to her, since in the dynamics of the dream I was in complete agreement with her, and I gave an argument to this man that I cannot remember exactly, but the argument was collectivist in character.
    Suddenly, in the small square in front of the hospital, a monster composed of many gigantic worms intertwined that were covered in black liquid tar appeared from the sky, falling over me, covering the entire town. I could breathe because I was in a hole, with half of my body out of the worms, covered in black liquid and breathing while the worms moved over me, but I had neither fear nor any emotion, I was in a state of inner peace.

What is curious about the dream? That I've been an atheist since I was ten fucking years old.

Edit: This dream happened after the quarantine (in my country) so it's not related to Covid most probably.
    Last edited by RBRS; 09-06-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Viral Prophetic Dream

This is viral; I keep hearing about it from different corners. It's a Protestant pastor and I am Catholic, and I have to other very reliable sources for prophecy for these times, that I hold dear and trust, but this pastor's prophetic dreams stick with me, and many others.

Warning: It can be frightening, and it is not meant to scare you but to prepare you.

Reliable prophecy and words of Our Lord concerning these times: Read or download them free here: https://directionforourtimes.com/lib...for-our-times/ They are all available to read in 18 different languages, whether you buy them or read and/or print them for free.

- To read, scroll down to the "Volumes" and click on the volume you want to read. (If you prefer a different languages, click above on "Free Library" to choose a language).
    - Prophetic Volumes: Volumes 5,7, and 8 are the prophetic ones that tell what to expect in these times, why thee times are happening and about the beautiful new era to come, that mankind prays for in the Lord's Prayer.
    - To buy these books to hold in your hand and read, they are on that site for $7 each, or you can get them cheaper on Amazon used and like new, or, if you want one but you are in a bad way and cannot buy it, write to Direction for our Times, and explain your situation. I don't doubt they will send you free what you ask for.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Ahhh, so I can save my ass for 7$ only, just by buying and reading those fantastic books?
    No, you can bless not just your ass, but the rest of you, too, for less than that - even free. You must have been hasty and missed these bits:

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post

Reliable prophecy and words of Our Lord concerning these times: Read or download them free here: https://directionforourtimes.com/lib...for-our-times/ They are all available to read in 18 different languages....

- To read, scroll down to the "Volumes" and click on the volume you want to read. (If you prefer a different languages, click above on "Free Library" to choose a language).

- Prophetic Volumes: Volumes 5,7, and 8 are the prophetic ones that tell what to expect in these times, why thee times are happening and about the beautiful new era to come, that mankind prays for in the Lord's Prayer.

- To buy these books to hold in your hand and read, they are on that site for $7 each, or you can get them cheaper on Amazon used* and like new, or, if you want [to own a hard copy] but you are in a bad way and cannot buy it, write to Direction for our Times, and explain your situation. I don't doubt they will send you free what you ask for.

So you can read them in their entirety before deciding if you want to own one. I love them. They are jut right size, and divided into small bits to read and I never tire of reading from these ten volumes, even if it is just a five minute read before bed. Many graces are promised from God just for reading them. Being blessed by these graces keeps me wanting to read them again and again. After all they are the words of Heaven particularly for these times.

Here are Anne's visions of Heaven: https://directionforourtimes.com/heaven/

*(I saw them used on Amazon just now, like new, for $5.97 or $6.11, both with free shipping). Also on same Amazon page it says it is 4.87 or ONE CREDIT for the Audiobook of it.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamed I was down by the lake and an older girl who lived in the neighborhood was fishing with a line and some bait. She showed me how to catch some fish, so I started catching some for myself.
    When I had caught about five or six and put them in a plastic shopping bag with some water to keep them alive, I headed home. One jumped out of the bag but I grabbed it and put it back.
    When I got home, my mother was already cooking dinner (and I realized I was 9 or ten years old, but this seemed entirely natural), and I asked her if we could cook and eat the fish.
    She said that the lake where I caught them was too polluted and I should put them back in the lake where I found them.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep having dreams where I'm back in High School again confused as to why I'm back in High School and eventually deciding to quit, saying I had already completed my diploma years ago and that I was sick of the nonsense going on in the High School. EDIT: and my general discontent for being in school.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also had a dream where I was Harry Potter and I was looking for a lost Ginny Weasely, and I could see with microscopic vision that Lockhart had her imprisoned in a tiny tube while chasing her in the tube as a second personality while she had the similarities of a horse, and so i made a spell that summoned them, and fought with Lockheart brutally, perhaps more than necessary, and realized Ginny was being tended to by Hermoinie and others, as she was dazed, and they were checking to make sure she wasn't raped, (luckily she wasn't, and i was happy, but....) all I cared about was being on the lookout for Lockheart, and any other danger in the darkness, rather than comforting my beloved (in the dream I believe she represented someone I cared deeply for, and Ginny was my crush, in my dream).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream where I was with my cousin and he had at least 3 dogs.

He let the dogs go from my house, into the neighborhood, with no plans to take them back

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream where I had a sex robot. It was customizable. Then I was told that development on the robots was banned so they could do everything except have sex.

I mostly cuddled with mine throughout the dream.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Last night I had a long, involved dream about the female IEI that I chased for two years. The dream was better than my real world experience and included the smell of her perfume and a trip to Paris, during which she demonstrated her extreme consideration towards me and her terrible driving ability.

I interpret the dream to mean that when the brain of an Sx-first person hasn’t been on a real world date for over a week, it manufactures a substitute.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I dreamed that I went to sleep in a six-story hotel in some (Mid?) western city and when I woke up and looked down on the street, flood waters had filled the town overnight to above the heights of the cars.
    My first thought was, “That’s gonna be hard on my rental car.” My next thought was, “I wonder if anyone died in the rapidly rising water?” My third thought was, “Looks like I’m stuck here for a while.”

I think this is an analogy to COVID-19.
    Rising water is a super common symbol so I'd say something like:

Car = ego, energy, ability

There is a reaction in your unconscious (the rising waters) that is affecting your ability. Maybe depressive tendency etc. In the dream you are wondering what consequences this has for you and your car, meaning that this is a new situation that might require some changes in lifestyle, work etc.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a really weird dream this morning

I was standing in my dining room and it was all cleared out except for a pumpkin and my mother, who for some reason was wearing a prairie dress with a lacey hood. She was standing by the back door and opened it to call outside. When she turned, her face was black, that of an animal. It was covered with fur and like that of a bird, a raven maybe. I asked her why her face was like that and she looked at me strangely, like she didn’t know what I meant. There were children outside, whose I don’t know, but I knew they had faces like animals too. The were walking around the yard, also in prairie dresses, faces like chickens. And I told my mother to stand in front of the pumpkin, this would be a great picture.

That’s all there was to it. Honestly, I’m really creeped out by it.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Had a really weird dream this morning

I was standing in my dining room and it was all cleared out except for a pumpkin and my mother, who for some reason was wearing a prairie dress with a lacey hood. She was standing by the back door and opened it to call outside. When she turned, her face was black, that of an animal. It was covered with fur and like that of a bird, a raven maybe. I asked her why her face was like that and she looked at me strangely, like she didn’t know what I meant. There were children outside, whose I don’t know, but I knew they had faces like animals too. The were walking around the yard, also in prairie dresses, faces like chickens. And I told my mother to stand in front of the pumpkin, this would be a great picture.

That’s all there was to it. Honestly, I’m really creeped out by it.
    Halloween is coming: https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Fog-Visi.../dp/B08LQNCY93

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have a pertinent question in regards to this thread. How many of you can lucid dream? Your ability to alter/control the dream will figure into the interpretation. If you can to a large degree, that's gonna be rather important info. After all, if you can simply throw up a barrier to block the attacks of a nightmarish horror and thus hold them at bay, or (even better), if you can turn their hostility against them and outright defeat them... What's that mean?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I have a pertinent question in regards to this thread. How many of you can lucid dream? Your ability to alter/control the dream will figure into the interpretation. If you can to a large degree, that's gonna be rather important info. After all, if you can simply throw up a barrier to block the attacks of a nightmarish horror and thus hold them at bay, or (even better), if you can turn their hostility against them and outright defeat them... What's that mean?
    Not reliably. But there've been times when I took the helm for a few moments, before the whole scene would dissipate.

...And I may have defeated that apparition that's been nagging me this way. After that, it gave me grief one final time when I met it again, then all encounters thereafter became pleasant.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This seems like the most appropriate costume for Halloween this year
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dreamt SEE and I were flirting about a chair.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In my dream I found myself in the passenger seat of a red BMW with three other guys. The car was in the front yard of someone's house, and the people in the house were throwing a yard party. For some reason, I got the impression that the car didn't belong to us and the guys in the car were anxious to get out of there, but they couldn't see through the windshield because it was dirty.

One guy produced a can of lighter fluid and said, "You can clean the window with this." He was smoking a cigarette. I said, "If you do that, you stand a good chance of blowing out the windshield, and while that will let you see out of the car better, a car with a shattered and missing front windshield is a sure cop attractor.

We pulled out of the driveway, the driver got a few blocks down the street and hit a tree. Everyone bailed out and I was left holding some sponges and an old mattress. (WTF?)

I abandoned the mattress in the street but kept the sponges and started walking, and soon saw a couple of guys pushing two trailers which were coupled together at their hitches, so one was going normally and one was reversed and the combination was all over the road. I suggested that they could get to their destination by way of a shortcut over a hill. They were doubtful but went in the direction I indicated anyway. I followed them to the top of the hill and they took a wrong turn onto a side road and immediately went over a cliff.

What does all this mean?

I suspect it is a metaphor for the work I do.

The themes I am seeing are:
    1. Red BMW, not mine - Undeserved wealth.
    2. Dirty windshield - Most people have poor Ni and can't see where they are going.
    3. Lighter fluid guy - working with non-technical people who insist on doing stupid things.
    4. Car crashes - Enough idiots can wreck anything.
    5. Mattress and sponges, abandon mattress, keep sponges - Si-PoLR? Not really sure.
    6. Coupled trailers - next company that is without a sure direction.
    7. Trailers go over cliff along with drivers - Refer to #4.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-30-2020 at 06:15 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange, I'd guess that #7 has more to do with the fact that the work you do kills people.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yesterday I took a female ESI whom I met on a dating site out to dinner, where she told me that she wasn’t interested in an intimate relationship but wanted to get more social contacts after her divorce, and she might be up to seeing me again in a month or so.

Last night I dreamed that I was walking past a University construction site and noticed that a piece of construction machinery was illegally parked on the grass and was running but no one was at the controls or paying any attention to it. I hopped into the cab and figured out the controls and with some difficulty got it moved to the street. The brakes were uneven and it handled more like a machine on wheels than a vehicle, and I turned off the Diesel engine but could not figure out how to turn off the electric fuel pump. I figured that it had a big enough battery that it wouldn’t run down before its owner returned.
    Just as I was walking away, a guy came out of a building, looked around, did a double-take, saw me and the machine, and came over to start it up.
    He said to me, “You did a terrible job moving this.”
    I told him, “I did a great job. I moved it to a legal parking spot and I didn’t break it.”

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

there was an animal, relatively small, completely run over by a car to where it was cartoonishly flattened, dead, with horror and pain on its face. I have never seen an animal be killed so horrifically like this - and then as is the theme generally in my dreams, no one cared. They treated it nonchalantly.

=/ Sadly this happens iRL too. I saw this asshole in this truck run over a squirrel a couple years ago.

Maybe he didn't see the squirrel, but I highly doubt it because the truck he was driving was one of those "I'm an asshole bully and I'm proud of it trucks" - anyway the squirrel's brains were literally squirting blood like a geyser. It was honestly both "cartoony" and grimdark serious/horrifying all at the same time. I think conceptually, we separate those two things a lot when we're just thinking in the void alone somewhere, but in reality those things do often seem to merge together more than we think. If that makes sense.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamed that I was talking to Frank Sinatra and he told me he didn’t like my music.

I’m not really sure what to make of that.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forget my dreams almost every night. But this week I dreamed strange symbolic stuff. There were two boats. One boat had already left, and I was late with my boat. I slid into the boat on my stomach, and there on the floor of the boat was a bottle of perfume.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamed that I got everything I wanted.

I hired an architect to design a new building and they did an amazing job. Floor to ceiling windows, lots of light and open spaces, curved walls, clean lines. When I looked out the windows, I realized the building was on a hill, either in Turkey or in San Francisco.

The building was full of happy customers, listening to our presentations and asking how they can contribute.

I had an incredibly competent female assistant who turned into a valued and essential companion.

This dream is pretty true to me. I can’t tell if it is shallow or just typically LIE.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was falling asleep and had the most intense desire to dive at my much loved and much wanted lover whose head was resting on the pillow next to me, facing me, grab his jaw with my hand and kiss him. i wanted that dude hard. freaked me out so much I woke all the way up. dafuq, nanashi?

no the dreamlovah wasn't anyone I've ever known. He didnt have eyes or a nose. was just a half dreamed-in face with a short beard growing and my absolute certainty I loved and wanted him.

I'm just trying to sleep, brain. Just let me relax.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamed that I was walking across campus at night, looking to catch up with some friends who were trying to buy drugs at a co-op house. I was late and had missed meeting them next to the library, but they told me the street address of the co-op and I was searching for it.

As I walked next to the library, I fell in step with this tall, beautiful blonde. She had intelligent eyes, a wide, smiling mouth, and a sleeve dress that kind of sparkled. I asked her if she knew where co-op No. 8 was and she said she wasn’t sure but thought she might and she’d be happy to help me look for it, and off she went with me trying to keep up.

As we walked, she was talking in a very animated fashion and she would frequently touch me, which I liked. I patted her ass in a friendly way and she smiled down at me. She was quite tall but didn’t seem to mind being seen with me. She claimed to be black but her skin was light coffee-with-cream colored and it looked great with her blonde hair.

She suddenly stopped her chattering as a loud, rowdy group of drunks approached us. She angled off the sidewalk toward the side of a house and pressed herself into a shadow. I remained in the yard between her and the drunks as they made their way past us. They were like a circus parade, loud and unpredictable. One guy made an ineffective punching motion toward me but then passed on, his attention on the next thing in his mind.

She returned to my side and said “Why are people like that?”

”They’re harmless,” I said. “They’re just looking for a human connection.”

We continued walking and were getting nearer to our destination and our conversation was so easy between us that I didn’t want it to stop. When we reached the address, the house was dark. I had obviously taken too long in my search for my friends.
    ”They’re gone,” I said. “I missed them.”
    The woman turned to me, put both of her arms on my shoulders and asked, “So now what?”

I knew exactly what I wanted. I wanted to keep spending time with this woman, but was having a hard time with one thing. How far could a relationship go between an LIE and an SEE?

TIM
    Beta NF
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A year ago or so, I dreamt I was omnisciently viewing a broken staircase in a forest. The view switched to a group of children comparing hand tattoos and the song Black Sheep by Sneaker Pimps was playing in the background.

Don't look now, we're branded
    We're the black sheep
    Sewn apart and Siamese
    The black sheep
    If looks could kill wouldn't need all the pills but
    I take what it needs to be easy
    With the black sheep now
    Don't look now we're stranded here as black sheep
    Swallowed whole and out of reach, the black sheep
    Unsafe enough for now
    We're shepherded from higher ground
    But drowned all out we saved the role of black sheep

Next, a man walked up and changed the song to Tik Tok by Ke$ha.

"Tick tock on the clock, but the party don't stop..."

I remember being terrified at the dissonance the song stirred up within me.

I never realized how propaganda-filled the video is, either.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I keep having dreams which involve smoking cigarettes even though it’s almost been a year since I quit. When is this going to stop? I didn’t realize the physiological and neurological effects would stay for so long. And on some level it is those things (addiction) in addition to psychological.

Drugs. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

That training goes deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdDnqSFYXFs

My ex-wife started smoking at age 17 and finally managed to quit smoking years later, after her seventh or fourteenth attempt to quit. She told me twenty years after that that there wasn't a day goes by that she doesn't want a cigarette.

Congratulations on quitting.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Song View Post

Next, a man walked up and changed the song to Tik Tok by Ke$ha.

"Tick tock on the clock, but the party don't stop..."
    So is ke$ha IEE, or EIE?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

i dreamt i went to a fun dance and music party but then they all started piercing me and eachother, and i had piercings all over my body, all over my arms and legs. it was gross and it hurt.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In a hospital, across from a grandma in a wheelchair, her mid-30s daughter looking at her with concern. Daughter doesn't know she is slowly dying, but I do. When she realizes she is gone, right there, in the hallway, she exclaims in disbelief. Other things start happening, noises and behaviors around you that when added up quickly result in the subconscious realization that something is very wrong, whispers, twitches, a sudden gravity over the whole building. Suddenly you feel pulled and you know others feel it too, pulled towards a location, and some of them run, the ones that are weaker, less willing to disbelieve, they instantly run and fling themselves into it.
    You go to it too, telling yourself you are there to save the people, but knowing that you are going there because you are pulled, like everybody else. Your family, who was nearby, comes with you. You eventually reach a bathroom. Outside the bathroom, there is toilet paper and random debris from in the bathroom everywhere.
    Your coworker tells you he is going to go in and see what's going on, try to make some sense of this. You know he's not coming back out. After waiting some time, but not too long, you gather up your family, inciting your brother to bravery and your mother to concern, and you walk in, mother ahead of you, brother charging in to the last stall, where you somehow know your coworker went.

Along the way you see more disarray and mess, awkwardly sharp body parts, elbows, feet, legs, poking over and below stall dividers that look vaguely human.
    When you get near where your coworker is dying, you see an effigy and something written on the walls in dark and ephemeral black ink.

When you approach, your coworker is cursing you, twisted under the force twisting everything else, but his massive, disfigured body is unable to harm you since it has already contorted itself to be hung with whatever the nearest implements are, by whatever way possible.

And then you know that your family will start turning, and you scream for them to leave, but your mother is already turned. You throw herself to her, and scream for your brother to flee. He is still in the stall door and not yet changed. Your mother turns around, now 9 feet tall and with a half-formed deer's skull with a slight covering of fur, with the area around the nose full of holes going all the way through the jaw. She has ripped something off the wall and beats you to death with it. Your brother hasn't moved, he won't flee. You know what will happen to them.

Don't know where the decision to write second person came from, but I just had this dream and wanted to make sure I got it down.

I think it means there's something I'm doing wrong in my life and I'm taking everybody else around me down with it.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was following a guy in a plane and the plane dove underwater. The plane would fly through the sky and through the water. I looked at his face and saw he was receiving oxygen through a tube in his mouth and thought I needed to learn to blow out my nose while swimming so that dh and I will be able to get a plane like that. The plane landed on a ship and I found myself on a bridge over a highway where men in civil era uniforms were fighting in a war. There was shouting and bombs, and I saw Abraham Lincoln come up to me. I realized I was bloated and so was Abraham Lincoln. I asked him what he had been eating, and I said I thought it was the subway. I immediately tried to think of ways to get rid of the bloat and found myself in my own bathroom. When I came out, there was a Mexican girl in our living room. My girls told me she has been walking down the road and needed a place to stay. She said the reason she left home was because her parents wouldn’t give her her own bathroom. I told her if she stayed with us, she’d only have one bathroom here and that that was a silly reason to run away. I told her I wasn’t sure what to do with her and told her I’d call my mom and ask her, she’d know what to do.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamed that I was in Bangkok to check on and distribute funds for a project. I met with the major managers and paid out portions of the fixed budget, then started meeting with smaller scale project leaders. After paying the last guy, and with the budget money almost gone, he introduced me to a woman who had a small but worthwhile project, but she was asking for more money than I thought the project would yield, and I told her so.
    She said that the project was really worthwhile, and she’d sleep with me for the difference. I wasn’t morally against this, but I felt that the money would have to come out of my personal funds, because a tax audit would reveal the misuse of company funds. (What’s wrong with this isn’t the pay-for-sex part, which wasn’t important, but rather intentionally funding a project that wouldn’t return a profit to the company.)

This seems like a Gamma dream to me.

It may have been inspired by the fact that I’m currently trying to figure out how to justify making a major purchase for the company which I want to do but which has a high likelihood of not producing a short term profitable return.

Goddammit, I want to do it.
    Goddammit, it’s spending money for which I can’t see a clear financial return.
    I could spend my personal funds, but this goes against my principles.
    I’m probably going to make the purchase with company funds and ignore the hit and work harder to make this profitable somehow.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a dream a few days ago that I can’t remember clearly. I think I had bought and was living in my grandmothers old house and there were monsters in it. We were having a family get together there in my dream. I think my sister might have been getting married. I was trying to keep everyone safe from the monsters in my dream and not let anyone know about them because I was trying to keep them safe and unafraid. I remember standing on the slide in the backyard, which for some reason was magnified in size, maybe 20x’s it’s original size. I was surveying everyone in the back yard from there and watching for monsters.

I noticed it’s a common theme in my dreams anymore to try to rescue people from monsters.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had two dreams that I was about to lose my job or have it threatened last night and I just got word I'm a finalist for an award at work. Reverse synchronicity?