Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread maks me regret deleting the dream journal I kept while on crazy pills. The shit I'd dreamt then...

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had a very clear dream

near the end of the dream the idea that everything is cyclical and everything ends but also comes alive again was displayed visually by someone looking up into the sky and he's yearning for something and it fades into the sky and the person fades into the sky and then the sky becomes stars and space and all the layers of time and there is a god up next to this person now and time and distance and light and everything keeps going upwards and the stars die and are reborn and the person becomes the god and god dies

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange dream a few years ago:

I saw myself at the age of about 13 in my parents kitchen. This boy that was me was acting very childlish. He acted like a clown, picked his nose, laughed, attention seeking, was very embarrassing. He was too embarrassing for his age. Although "he" was around 13 he had grey hair and seemed older at the same time. Then the boy pointed at me and said, only moving his lips: "You are a fool". (He said this in English, although its not my native language)
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Tallmo

Seems like subconscious projection of insecurities.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    @Tallmo

Seems like subconscious projection of insecurities.
    Yes, he is a shadow character. Undeveloped. So the gray hair maybe indicates that time has gone by but the boy hasn't developed. That's kindof sad. So he is a projection, but he is pointing back at me and calls me a fool. He is projecting. He is a fool himself. But that fool is me.

So what should I do? Maybe act out those sides in me so he can grow up. I should go out, get drunk and be as embarrassing as he is? Maybe something good will come out of it in the long run?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Forget my dream

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Yes, he is a shadow character. Undeveloped. So the gray hair maybe indicates that time has gone by but the boy hasn't developed. That's kindof sad. So he is a projection, but he is pointing back at me and calls me a fool. He is projecting. He is a fool himself. But that fool is me.

So what should I do? Maybe act out those sides in me so he can grow up. I should go out, get drunk and be as embarrassing as he is? Maybe something good will come out of it in the long run?
    If you did that, you'd be a fool. It'd be one of the kind of self-fulfilling prophecies you always read about in ancient Greek literature. Oedipus kills his father to avoid accidentally killing is father, etc. If he's got grey hair, he's probably almost dead anyways, and I don't think anyone with grey hair who's almost dead has time to grow up.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know what you should do because I don't know your life in detail.
    But I think that your subconscious could be saying to you those words because a part of you feels like that or you are subconsciously afraid of being it, insecure about certain decisions, way of living, missing things, etc.

So the thing is that you probably need to find assurance about your choose, in other words, being sure that you are choosing the right way or path in life.

That's what I can grab ofc, I'm an expert or anything.

Its a pretty curious dream but at the same time seems somehow evident that is originated in subconscious fears imo.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by super mbti user View Post
    Forget my dream
    Now when you said that I started looking at your dream. Im sorry if I wasn't supposed to.

In this dream someone is going upwards towards space, stars, god, archetypes. The "spiritual".

There are also dreams where a person falls downwards. Towards concrete reality, away from the spiritual.

These can be compensations to what's happening in everyday life.

The dream is interesting because directions like "up" and "down" has always carried meaning for people.

Mythological references: Jesus went to heaven. "We go to heaven when we die".

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    If you did that, you'd be a fool. It'd be one of the kind of self-fulfilling prophecies you always read about in ancient Greek literature. Oedipus kills his father to avoid accidentally killing is father, etc. If he's got grey hair, he's probably almost dead anyways, and I don't think anyone with grey hair who's almost dead has time to grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Your caregiver in turn View Post
    I don't know what you should do because I don't know your life in detail.
    But I think that your subconscious could be saying to you those words because a part of you feels like that or you are subconsciously afraid of being it, insecure about certain decisions, way of living, missing things, etc.

So the thing is that you probably need to find assurance about your choose, in other words, being sure that you are choosing the right way or path in life.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback on this dream. All these different perspectives make me consider things I haven't thought of. And Slugabeds straight psychological interpretation helps me avoid too much intellectualization of this dream, and remember to take it personally. Event though I might sin against that now.

But I AM a fool. Isn't that what the dream is saying? And I am being told that by the projection itself. It seems kindof convoluted. But I do think that this boy needs attention somehow. An obnoxious child like that shouldn't just be locked up. He needs to be childish but also maybe guidance? Doesn't the gray hair indicate that he is not living in the proper time frame? Then can something be done about it?

I didn't really understand the reference to Oedipus here. I was just thinking that he needs to become more conscious. That work is done by me.

I think theres some kind of wisdom coming from him. The way he just moved his lips saying those words.

About choosing the right path in life. Being insecure. Maybe this boy can help me?

Slugabed, aargh! Yet another username change

Mythology:

- In the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale the princess is sleeping in a tower for 100 years. At the same time vegetation has grown around the tower, shielding it from the outside world. I'm thinking theres something similar in this.

- He felt like some kind of "Trixter god". Loki in Norse mythology is doing embarrassing things and accusing the gods for all kinds of things. But he is also a helper.

- The Devil in Christian mythology

- Peter Pan not wanting to grow up
    Last edited by Tallmo; 08-13-2017 at 07:39 AM.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Slugabed, aargh! Yet another username change
    LOL, it was accidental, I was trying to change my Title not my name and I can't fix it till 21 days latter. Also it's like ridiculously long.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Your caregiver in turn View Post
    LOL, it was accidental, I was trying to change my Title not my name and I can't fix it till 21 days latter. Also it's like ridiculously long.
    Im gonna change my username to "hi my name is tallmo and i am SEI. Nice to meet you"

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

The following is a very long dream I have had last night. I wrote it in a style that is like a mix of screenwriting and fiction.

Young female brunette in her mid-to-late-teens, good-looking, dressed in all black – slim jeans, thin trench coat. It’s an early-to-mid spring morning, slightly cold, overcast. She wishes she had put on a warmer jacket. She’s new to this city, one can tell by her somewhat hesitant step, but her hesitancy is very subtle. She’s on her way to her new school. With her we walk past a museum with marble monuments, one of which is a great male statue, positioned near the entrance. A few people walk around and quietly talk to each other there. She walks past a beggar, a big man in an equally big and thick, khaki jacket. He’s wearing a hat that is typical of beggars to wear, but he doesn’t look as emaciated or dirty as one would expect a beggar to look like. He could pass as a normal citizen, except for his beggar cup that he is carrying with him. So she walks past him, trying to immediately forget him, but somehow a shadow seems to follow her, and it is him. One of her greatest fears might become true…! She quickens her step, hoping that would make him fall back, but he quickens his step too, adapting to her. She’s almost running now, and he corners her at one side of the big museum entrance, behind one of its enclosing walls. She meekly screams ”Help!“ but no one is reacting to her. It seems like suddenly, no one is here anymore. He laughs and then smiles leeringly, drawing closer to her, but somehow won’t do anything. She finally runs past him, walking across the front entrance of the museum again, and an old man with white hair and a weather-worn face puts himself in her way, smiling just as leeringly as the guy before. She is feeling an odd mixture of terror and annoyance. Thankfully he doesn’t follow or grab her, or at least doesn’t manage to do so, because she bolts past him. Several feet away from the museum she stops running, just walking hastily now. She regrets having put on so form-fitting clothing. She’s recently lost some weight and is in a good shape now, though not as good that she would have expected several men preying on her like that. She remembers she is in New York (this part of the city doesn’t truly look like New York but rather Berlin), and that beggars and the like are common here. She shouldn’t have been so naive. The streets are oddly empty except for a few cars passing by. Suddenly another guy is coming up beside her, wearing all black just like her, in a very similar style. He’s almost like the exact male version of her. Dark-brown hair, styled well. Handsome face, even better-looking than hers. He could be a model. He smiles, but it is a kind, innocuous smile. ”Can I help you?“ He asks. It becomes apparent that he has witnessed the previous encounters or at least its aftermath. Anna relaxes almost immediately. They start a casual conversation, small talk as you call it. Anna feels like he is her momentary protector. She also gets the impression he could be gay, so she represses her budding attraction towards him. At crossroads, he says he’s got to go somewhere else, and that it was nice talking to her, maybe they’ll meet again someday. The streets are rather crowded and busy now again, we are near several shops and a big shopping mall now. Anna wished he would have stayed at her side for longer, but she thanks him and they part ways.

A younger Anna, just a little child, looking like the young version of Ellen Page in Beyond Two Souls. She’s at nursing school. It’s a bleak nursing school, grey and dull and heavy. She’s fairly new and doesn’t have any close friends. Her parents died a few years ago during a time she was too young to remember anything, and her depression deep-down can be felt throughout the nursing school’s corridors, it paints the atmosphere. She doesn’t understand the feeling and doesn’t know yet what depression is or means, but she just experiences this feeling of emptiness, which she interprets as a severe kind of boredom that saps all the joy out of you. She idles through the corridors, not knowing what she is actually doing, until suddenly a trickster boy with light blonde hair sticks out his head through one of the open doorways from one of the classes, ”Hey Anna!“ does he exclaim in a dark, fake upbeat tone. Anna’s heart immediately sinks right through the ground in terrified surprise. He quickly and roughly grabs her and pulls her in, beating her up inside the empty room with us not being able to see, and only being able to hear some muffled, meek screams.

Anna is two years older now, and on a school trip with her classmates. They are going through an art museum that has oddly low ceilings and big thick walls like the nursing school did. The walls are all dull-white. The female teacher tries to keep the kids together, talks loudly and exacting to them, trying to keep an eye on Anna especially, but her and a couple of girls decide to split up from the group, so she loses the sight of them. Giggling, the girls run through dark corridors with no lights; this is an area they are not allowed to go to, and they know it, but they want to know why, they want to discover and unearth any secret there may be, this is a mini adventure for them. Anna giggles too, she’s feeling excited, and those girls are the closest to what she would call friends, though she’ll discover to be mistaken there. Feeling extra bold, she dashes forward and leaves the other girls behind, she wants to be the first who discovers the secrets, and she wants the girls to admire her for being so brave. She is about to enter a small room with a wall in the middle of it, the girls are close behind her now, murmuring to themselves. This is the forbidden room. Anna ignores the warnings of the others, who still laugh awkwardly, but stop the moment Anna enters the room. It is dead silent in there, except for Anna’s encouraging self-talking. The other girls hesitantly follow her. ”See, it isn’t so bad!“ Anna says, but then she stops in front of one of the walls in the North that had previously been hidden from our view by the wall in the middle. It is dark grey, a muddled, murky, mysterious grey. The colors seems to move and wabble around, becoming three-dimensional, it starts to bubble like a hot lake. One of the girls screams, and Anna is pulled into the wall by several little girl arms that look just like hers. Anna is wearing a dark mint dress with no sleeves, and in the wall appear other Annas with the same outfit, their naked arms grabbing and pulling on the real Anna. Anna is too horrified and confused to scream, she tries to pull herself out of the wall, but she is not strong enough. The other Annas pull her to the middle of the wall, now the real Anna starts screaming, but the sound is dull. None of the girls help her, they are too scared and do not care about Anna enough to risk their own lives. Anna is close to being devoured by the wall, when suddenly a young teenaged-boy enters the room through the door at the side, pats on the wall with a relaxed ”Shh shh shh, it’s okay, and what are you guys doing here anyway“, his chalk-covered hand leaving handprints on the wall, which immediately flattens, while the other Annas turn into two-dimensional, cartoon-like pictures of Anna’s face. The real Anna falls off the wall. The boy picks her up, she is visibly glad and happy to see him, he gives her a kiss. The girls start exclaiming ”Huh“s of surprise, for isn’t the boy much older than her, and since when does she have a boyfriend? But Anna is a young teenager herself now, 13 y. o., and the two have actually been dating for almost a year. The two stand in the nursery school again, though it is a High School now, with other teenagers like them running past them to class. The young guy, with his messy ash-brown hair, baggy clothing and relaxed smile, puts his arm around her shoulder, and they walk casually down the corridor.

Suddenly Anna wakes up with a hastened inhale, as if the hands in the wall were still trying to pull her down into the abyss. She’s 7 years-old, just as she was when that terrible incident happened. She feels disoriented, her sense of time is out of whack. She has found herself in a cozy, messy, medium-small room, decorated with dusty, luxurious drapes, or rather, exotic, oriental carpets in deep reds and purples, and other oriental or exotic paraphernalia. The room has 3 big windows on its sides, through which you can see outside the streets of a busy little market town, the shop in front sells marzipan, it looks like this is in London or somewhere else in England, but she must be in New York after all. ”How are you? You must be exhausted.“ A short, slightly chubby woman in dark red Indian-inspired clothing enters the room from the door in the east side. She’s likely half-Chinese, half-Indian. Her mocha colored skin is shiny and plump, and wrinkly at the same time. She’s likely in her early 50s, but her attitude and vibe is more reminiscent of someone in their late 30s. She’s got yet-black, shoulder-length Cleopatra-style hair, with bangs. She seems friendly and concerned for Anna’s wellbeing, who is still confused as to where she is, why she is there, and who that woman is. She introduces herself with an exotic name Anna finds difficult to understand and remember. ”It must have been awful“ she says, and Anna realizes that the woman is hinting at the wall incident, which must have been quite recent then. Anna regains her sense of time. This must be the day right after that incident. She can feel she has slept for quite a while, probably more than 8 hours, she feels a bit droggy still. The woman lays down a small gold tray with some oriental sweets besides Anna near the red-purple divan she has slept on. Anna gets the impression that this woman is like a friendly, good witch. Despite her motherly attitude, there is something mysterious and hidden about her. Also, Anna can tell that she tries to veil a certain nervousness with her motherly attitude. She talks in a quieter, secretive tone to Anna, as if it would be bad if someone could hear them, though she tries to play-it-off. ”There is someone I would like you to meet, you may remember him from another time.“ A young man walks in. His outfit is like a crossover between the Mad Hatter and the Voodoo-guy from Disney’s Kiss A Frog movie. It looks like he was a Mad Hatter who happens to be into voodoo or who is from an exotic place. The guy is fairly tall and lanky, but not too much, with broader shoulders. He’s wearing a hat that covers his black hair. He sits down besides Anna on the couch. ”Hey there!“ He’s in a good mood and generally a light-hearted individual, extroverted, Joker archetype. What ensues next is something Anna will never understand, and which she will think must have been a dream after all. The woman introduces Anna to the two other guys, which have suddenly showed up. They are like identical twins of the Mad Hatter, including the outfit, but their personalities are different. ”What do you represent?“ The woman asks loudly. One of the guys is more of the rowdy, rebellious kind, reminiscent of Rum Tum Tugger in Cats. The other guy is like a more neutral, friendly, extroverted version, the guy we have encountered in the beginning. The third guy is more introverted, shy, doesn’t talk as much, withdrawn, and probably 9w8-like. He says ”The Heart!“ The others snort or roll their eyes, but Anna likes him. All of those guys have got the face of Johnny Depp. The 9w8-like guy sits right besides her on the divan at a very close distance, they look into each other’s eyes, his are almost-black and intensified with guyliner and black face paint similar to Heath Ledger’s Joker, but way more subtle. Anna feels attracted to him like a young woman would, it’s almost the identical kind of attraction she had for the guy who protected her in the beginning of this story, and Anna realizes that this must indeed be the same guy. They have met again after all. And he recognizes Anna, too. There is a knowing smile in his eyes, and in the eyes of the two other guys, too. Eventually the guys jump up and leave the room as if they were needed somewhere else. ”You would probably like to meet your parents, right?“ The friendly witch says to Anna, whose ears perk up at those words in a heartbeat. Of course would she like to see her parents! The witch says something implying that it won’t be easy to meet them. Anna is excited. An exotic beauty enters the room. Brunette, late twenties to early thirties, luscious long hair in big curls, red lips, in a slinky but tasteful red dress, with a purple-grey feather boa around her shoulders. Anna is confused. That’s supposed to be her mother? That can’t be her! She knows her mother looks quite different. The woman leaves the room again. Without too many other words, the witch shortly follows her. Anna is alone again. Minutes pass, then what feels like hours. Somehow Anna feels like the witch must have died, there is suddenly an odd feeling of emptiness in the room, and Anna knows that the witch will never return again. Perhaps she has died trying to bring her parents back…

Anna is a young woman, in her early to mid twenties, dressed similarly as she was in the beginning of the story. It’s in the late afternoon, it has already become rather dark. She is walking through a neighborhood in the city with two other women, one of which is her foster-parent, the woman she was thinking of when she compared the looks of her with the beauty. Her foster-parent looks like a younger and thinner version of Angela Merkel, not a beauty at all. It becomes apparent that the woman earlier might have been Anna’s real mother, or like an idealized version of her; Anna wouldn’t know, she cannot remember what her parents looked like before they died (Were they killed? Who knows!). The other woman is a friend of the foster-parent. The two middle-aged women talk about the engagement and upcoming wedding of one of their friends. Anna doesn’t really listen, she’s lost in her thoughts. The three women are on their way to the bride’s bachelor party. The party starts out very low-key with teas and snacks in the kitchen, but then escalates to a merry, super-excited party with half-naked people dancing and walking around. It’s as if Anna was in the museum again, just that this time the museum was not silent but flooded with dance music, featured bright-white walls, and was crowded with adults. Anna is single, and her foster-parent nudges her in the middle of the party, asking her whether one of the guys might be of interest to her. Anna hesitates, she doesn’t think so. She happens to walk to a corner where one muscular guy lies naked and drunk on the floor, doggedly looking up to her under heavy eyelids, he is entirely motionless and looks as if he was sleeping. He’s only wearing a green bow-tie, and objectively quite attractive. Anna is surprise-shocked, for a second staring at his bared crotch, and then leaving that place as soon as possible. No, she is not interested in any of those guys! There are way too much for her, way too irresponsible, crazy. She wants someone who has more depth to him and is not that superficial and concerned with partying and looking like a f*ckboy.

An overcast afternoon in Spring, after the bachelor party. A similar vibe as to the first scene of the story. Anna enters a café. It’s a bit old-fashioned. Dark-wood. Almost looks like a pub, but more sophisticated than that, and without the booze. Anna walks towards the last room, the one that is open towards the streets. Through the windows, you can see another busy market street reminiscent of some place in England, perhaps even Oxford. The room is dimly lit, only by the natural light coming through the windows. In the middle of it, at a table for two, sits a guy who is dressed in casual clothing – jeans, dark green plaid shirt. He’s writing on something by hand. Anna immediately knows this is the guy she is meant to meet and who she’s been looking for all her life. ”Hey“ she says, as she sits down in front of him. He looks up, pleasantly surprised. He looks like Ryan Gosling. He’s a bit nervous. Anna looks down on his writing. It seems to be like a mix of English with some other language. She can roughly tell what the words mean, because they are mostly English words, but with some random letters added in between. ”Where are you from?“ She asks, assuming he’s a foreigner. ”I’m from here.” He says. ”From here?” He seems confused by her question. ”From New York City." He says, simply. Now Anna is confused. ”Where are you really from?“ He specifies where exactly in NYC he is from and then just keeps writing. Anna looks down at it again. When he writes, his hand subtly trembles. It dawns on Anna that John is disabled to some extent, most likely has a learning disability. Another person could have been turned off by that, but Anna’s heart grows even fonder of him, and her romantic interest doesn’t fade at all. Some day later, on a date, he brings her to the hospital for disabled people he has grown up in when he was younger, introducing her to other patients. The two are emotionally very close already by that point, the tender feelings they have for each other can be seen on their faces when they look at each other. It is clear they’ll end up together, getting married. Anna has found her peace after all.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone help with this one.

This morning my last dream creeped the hell out of me.
    In the dream I encounter a blind, black, older, maid woman from the 1910-20's. Her eyes were shut, and almost looked like the sockets might be hollowed out. I'm standing 3 feet away from her. I move my hand back and forth wondering if she can see at all. Immediately her eyelids open to reveal her eyes are devastated by cataracts. She says, "Is that your soul I hear calling out to me?" In the dream I didn't say a word to her, but I got the feeling she might be psychic. When I woke up I laughed it off as being like a scene in a cheesy B-movie, but the more it repeated in my head the more disturbed I was about it. I wish I knew what it meant. My dreams often tell me important things and so I try to pay attention (I receive omens, warnings, premonitions, and my dead relatives talk to me).
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

i love dream interpretation but i think it's very difficult to (correctly) interpret anyone's dreams except maybe your own, which doesn't invalidate the purpose of this thread, just something to keep in mind in case someone claims one of your dreams hints at repressed memories of childhood trauma.
    Yeah lol to the last part. I agree.

dreams can only be compromised of thoughts that existed prior to you falling asleep, meaning that your mind is incapable of conjuring up a mental image out of thin air, so although it can extract components from various sources and create something (seemingly) new on its base, it can't magically create something out of nothing.
    Hmm I dunno about this one... When I'm awake, I can't freely imagine scenes-places-landscapes that I've never seen in reality. It'll inevitably be something I've actually seen. Maybe I saw it 10 years ago but still a bit of an actual memory. In my dreams my brain however does freely generate these things and I can wander around a lot that way. It's cool, just weird how differently it works from the waking state with this difference in creativity

when you're awake, you have conscious control over your thoughts. you pick and choose what you do and don't acknowledge. you repress, and your thoughts are filtered through and watered down by everyday distractions. when you're asleep, there are no distractions, you lose conscious control of your thoughts. it gives your mind free reign to explore the depths of your psyche and whatever you repressed during the day manifests itself in your dreams. most of the time it's whatever you expose yourself to the most, but sometimes it can be long-and-forgotten memories from years past. imagine your mind as a caged animal during the day. the cage is consciousness, and it disappears once you close your eyes.

does anyone here keep a dream journal?
    I used to keep a dream journal as a teenager for a while. I don't really anymore but I actually did something new this year about my dreams lol, that is, attempt at deep dream interpretation... for a couple of my dreams. I don't usually see anything notable about my dreams, they aren't very weird, or anything, or even if they are a bit weird, I wouldn't see the point in speculating what it might mean. The only one time I care about what the dreams mean is when they have emotion in them, and then it's usually easy to interpret them based on the thread the emotion shows for the meaning. These aren't very complex things by default either lol, but this year I had some dreams that came with stranger kinds of emotions so those dreams I did actually try to analyze deeper . It's been hard to really analyze them in a satisfactory way without too much bs speculation but it's been very interesting too.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Pole:

Blind
    . Whether it involved others who were blind or your own blindness, this is a straightforward sign of deceit among those you trust most. Possibly yourself deceiving yourself.

Blind Dream Symbol – Dreaming of being blind can reflect a life of tough times and poverty. Blindness signifies there are things in life out of your control. This sort of dream can make you feel you need to improve your life in some way. It is good to follow impulses for they can lead you down new paths – to new opportunities you may have been previously blind to. Being blind in a dream can also mean you can go from being well off in life to having almost nothing in an instant. This may be something you need to keep in your mind.

Black: the darkness indicates the subconscious.

Black people in dreams are very Soulful parts of the subconscious because man began in Africa in tribes where the first archetypal images, where the deepest archetypal images, where the most soulful images, were created because they were the very first archetypal images.

Maid. The meaning of this dream depends on your circumstances. If the maid works for you, it is a good omen if you actually have one; if not, it signifies loss of finances or status.

Soul calling out. It may well be her soul’s urging to do the things she wants before it’s too late, before she dies.

I'd say your subconscious is asking you if you are thinking about fooling yourself, or if you are doing what you really want to do. Also, doing what you want might involve loss of finances.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post

In the dream I encounter a blind, black, older, maid woman from the 1910-20's. Her eyes were shut, and almost looked like the sockets might be hollowed out. I'm standing 3 feet away from her. I move my hand back and forth wondering if she can see at all. Immediately her eyelids open to reveal her eyes are devastated by cataracts. She says, "Is that your soul I hear calling out to me?" In the dream I didn't say a word to her, but I got the feeling she might be psychic. When I woke up I laughed it off as being like a scene in a cheesy B-movie, but the more it repeated in my head the more disturbed I was about it. I wish I knew what it meant. My dreams often tell me important things and so I try to pay attention (I receive omens, warnings, premonitions, and my dead relatives talk to me).
    Maybe it is you in a past life and you two just intersected briefly, outside time and space.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Pole:

Blind
    . Whether it involved others who were blind or your own blindness, this is a straightforward sign of deceit among those you trust most. Possibly yourself deceiving yourself.

Blind Dream Symbol – Dreaming of being blind can reflect a life of tough times and poverty. Blindness signifies there are things in life out of your control. This sort of dream can make you feel you need to improve your life in some way. It is good to follow impulses for they can lead you down new paths – to new opportunities you may have been previously blind to. Being blind in a dream can also mean you can go from being well off in life to having almost nothing in an instant. This may be something you need to keep in your mind.

Black: the darkness indicates the subconscious.

Black people in dreams are very Soulful parts of the subconscious because man began in Africa in tribes where the first archetypal images, where the deepest archetypal images, where the most soulful images, were created because they were the very first archetypal images.

Maid. The meaning of this dream depends on your circumstances. If the maid works for you, it is a good omen if you actually have one; if not, it signifies loss of finances or status.

Soul calling out. It may well be her soul’s urging to do the things she wants before it’s too late, before she dies.

I'd say your subconscious is asking you if you are thinking about fooling yourself, or if you are doing what you really want to do. Also, doing what you want might involve loss of finances.
    I already went through financial loss last month and I'm still trying to regroup from that, and will be affected by it through out October. I don't want any more loss right now.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Maybe it is you in a past life and you two just intersected briefly, outside time and space.
    That would be cool. I hope my past lives or ancestors visit me. Lately I've been wondering about a possible black woman in my lineage, there is a story of one of my Quaker ancestors being shunned for marrying a black woman and going to war to fight the south. I wonder if it was her.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post

There are so many things that hint at darkness and unconsciousness. Like blindness, black, cataracts, soul, psychic. And the fact that it disturbs you after waking up.

Because this woman appears in your dream it could mean that some darker aspects of the psyche have been activated (by some event or life situation).

It's also interesting that you say you've been thinking about some black woman ancestor. It could be interpreted as a parallell "day dream".

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I dont think its impossible to interpret someone elses dream at all, I believe like Jung that there is a collective unconscious and the proof is that humans have so many similar dreams, like losing your teeth is super common, suddenly becoming naked in front of people is also one. So there are universal meanings to dreams
    Last edited by maniac; 09-08-2017 at 11:15 AM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I dont think its impossible to interpret someone elses dream at all, I believe like Jung that there is a collective unconscious and the proof is that humans have so many similar dreams, like losing your teeth is super common, suddenly becoming naked in front of people is also one. So there are universal meanings to dreams
    Agree. It is often possible to point at interpretations without even knowing the person. Common symbolic themes. Dreams are obviously symbolic and say something about the current psychic situation. The problem is individual associations. They can differ from person to person.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Myst imagine your thoughts are "mental building blocks" - they're like Lego blocks. you can take them apart, rearrange them, and put them together in any which way you please and create an infinite number of (seemingly) different Lego creations, but the Lego blocks themselves don't change.

you should post your dreams on this thread =) last dream I had... my family was having dinner at an outdoor restaurant - adults talking, kids playing, dogs running - both immediate and extended. It was scenic, but it felt out of reach. I was searching for something. there were no answers, only questions. I imagine it's because my extended family is overseas in Europe while my parents immigrated out West after the war. they'll probably never be in the same place, at the same time, ever again, but they were in my dream and that's probably why it felt out of reach. It was bittersweet in its own way.

what's the last dream you had?
    Last edited by wasp; 09-08-2017 at 06:39 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I sent this to someone so just going to paste here. It was a couple days ago. It was actually an intense, vivid, dream but I pretty much knew what it meant when I woke so I didn't bother to write it down.

i dreamt i got three male roommates and one was like an obvious SLE caricature and the others were intuitives. i ended up kicking them all out except the one who seemed IEI
    it was weird, maybe he was me
    i guess it fits my energy now that i need a lot of alone time

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dream about roommates.
    I interpret this that you are narrowing yourself. They are all you or potentially you, but you are now focusing on a more limited mode of being. The room is your consciousness.

The fact that you are kicking them out might suggest that there is some psychic effort to achieve this.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I interpret this that you are narrowing yourself. They are all you or potentially you, but you are now focusing on a more limited mode of being. The room is your consciousness.

The fact that you are kicking them out might suggest that there is some psychic effort to achieve this.
    For sure it is all me but influenced by other factors in my real life too so characters had multi-level meaning very personal to my situation. I just don't want to share the whole dream because of the personal symbolism that it contained. It was more complex than I made it sound. I am in a contemplative phase so it is necessary at this time for me to narrow my focus this way.

YWIMW

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sure it is all me but influenced by other factors in my real life too so characters had multi-level meaning very personal to my situation. I just don't want to share the whole dream because of the personal symbolism that it contained. It was more complex than I made it sound. I am in a contemplative phase so it is necessary at this time for me to narrow my focus this way.
    yes of course. I don't know anything about your situation. I'm just throwing out this interpretation based on what I read in your post, that's all.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

yes of course. I don't know anything about your situation. I'm just throwing out this interpretation based on what I read in your post, that's all.
    I wasn't dismissing you. I was agreeing with it being a symbolic aspect of me too.

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst imagine your thoughts are "mental building blocks" - they're like Lego blocks. you can take them apart, rearrange them, and put them together in any which way you please and create an infinite number of (seemingly) different Lego creations, but the Lego blocks themselves don't change.

you should post your dreams on this thread =) last dream I had... my family was having dinner at an outdoor restaurant - adults talking, kids playing, dogs running - both immediate and extended. It was scenic, but it felt out of reach. I was searching for something. there were no answers, only questions. I imagine it's because my extended family is overseas in Europe while my parents immigrated out West after the war. they'll probably never be in the same place, at the same time, ever again, but they were in my dream and that's probably why it felt out of reach. It was bittersweet in its own way.

what's the last dream you had?
    Interesting about the lego blocks, it's just that for me they aren't that freely moved... the way I put/arrange them is the real point, I don't like to change that without reason. If by any chance you were referring to how my mind can create new landscapes/sceneries in my dreams, those are not built from parts ("lego blocks") of previously seen scenes, they are truly new.

The way you analyzed your dream here is a bit like how I do it yeah, me trying to follow the thread the feeling impressions show. Like, I try to see where else I have felt the same way and see if that makes sense for making a connection in the dream.

Were you asking me to post those special dreams I tried to analyze more than usual?

Last dream, tonight I had a few but I've forgotten by now lol. Remembered them when I woke up but didn't think of them again because they weren't really all that special. If I get a good dream in the near future, I'll try to remember to post about it

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Never had the one with being naked in front of people

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Myst maybe because you are image last

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have had very dreams in terms of extraordinary everyday stuff.

This night: I entered into a house. It was cabin the woods. When I stepped in it resembled ordinary house at first sight. As I started to look further it begin to expand in all directions and gained upper stairs. Down stairs was already big enough for almost everyone. House had an aisle but rooms were internally connected. There were no windows. I saw dripping faucet and tried to turn it off. It continued drip even more and as I tried to close it went full on.

Funny parallelism going on. Theme of connected expansion. Big Bang. You can only watch. Everything is determined.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night:

There was a cat. I had forgotten to feed the cat. It was hungry and it jumped on the fridge. I hurried to put some food on a plate and give it water in a bowl. I put the bowls on the floor for the cat. The cat rushed to the food. (The cat was very fast and mobile). There was also some other people, or many other people in the room, I am not sure. When the cat came close to the food it didn't like it and it stopped immediately. The cat became angry and it even turned red. (Strange, a cat turning red out of anger, it has fur so one shouldn't be able to see it. But that's what happened). The cat then attacked me. It jumped on my neck and held on with its claws. I could feel it. I tried to get the cat off of me. Then I woke up.

Same night

I am out in the dark. I am close to a house or approaching a house. The terrain is rocky. I can't see anything, total darkness. Then there is a short single bark from a dog in the house. Like the dog has heard me, but not enough to start barking more. Just a single bark. I stay where I am and I don't go closer to then house.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I just had a dream and in it I heard, "Dark matter is the collective unconscious. It is what holds your very small section of the universe together. Beyond that is dark energy. It is something else. I will tell you what it is soon."

It was my voice but not audible. More like a thought transfer from myself to myself. It is hard to explain. I was told to remember this because I will have to explain it to a scientist one day. lol

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told to remember this because I will have to explain it to a scientist one day. lol
    they were just making fun of you

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a crazy dream tonight. I was waiting at a bus stop in the night and it was full of weird people, most looked like junkies. There was a guy who was especially weird, nervous and he started running for no obvious reason. I don't know why I ran as well and when I was close enough he asked me if I want some speed. I said no, but then he kept on following me. I felt a pain in my back so I turned at him and he told me he's just injected something into my back and that it would make me feel really good.

When I woke up my heart was pounding like crazy and I felt sick. I wanted to calm myself down so I took my phone and I wanted to listen to some music. It was 3:15 am.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lucid dream every single dream for the last ten years. Sometimes I am even analyzing dreams as they happen, this is child's play. Lucid waking is the real challenge.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Last dream, tonight I had a few but I've forgotten by now lol. Remembered them when I woke up but didn't think of them again because they weren't really all that special. If I get a good dream in the near future, I'll try to remember to post about it
    I'm waiting

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamt I shot the sheriff in my Victoria's Secret bra.

What does this mean?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I dreamt I shot the sheriff in my Victoria's Secret bra.

What does this mean?
    buy yourself that bra, treat yourself.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    buy yourself that bra, treat yourself.
    Lol.

This is the kind of post I make when it's late, I'm bored out of my mind, and crazy thoughts which I think are funny run through my head.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast