• ENFP

0 0%

Thread: Time to cast your opinions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Time to cast your opinions.

Yay, it's a place where all of you who doubt my type can cast you opinions! No funny business (Kraus? ).

So, what have I been called? ESFP? INTP? ISTJ? I finally want to hear why you people think that way (CuriousSoul? ).

I think you already know a lot about me from my posts... blah blah blah... I'm 300 lbs., I cry every night before I go to sleep, I smell like goat cheese, and I enjoy making love to cows in my spare time.

Ok, that should be good... go.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, a goat cheese eating Bull?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly how do you make love with the cows?

will there be babies? what if daddy cow says no? are they legal? Can I watch?
    ever tried bulls, horses? Goats?
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll change my mind about your type if you ever concede in an argument.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic

Are ISTPs the most like that? What about ISTJ?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

*shivers at the thought of comparing an ISTp with an ISTj*
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I think I have many ISTJ traits, but I want to know what it is about that can seem more... stubborn... or whatever you want to call it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

Whoever voted for ESTj is very silly!

<3 Rocky!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol peter must have voted for me
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I think I have many ISTJ traits, but I want to know what it is about that can seem more... stubborn... or whatever you want to call it.
    XoX recently started a topic in Beta http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3115 about the differences between an ISTp and an ISTj. Here was my response, maybe it'll answer one view of the differences in ...um...stubborness...

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    The ISTp I dated was at least capable of expressing his evaluations of a topic. If he felt I should know it, at least. Also, he would sometimes ask me why I felt a certain way about a topic, and actually LISTENED to me and sometimes responded in kind. If we disagreed about something, it didn't affect our relationship much.

The ISTj I dated would judge my actions/words, show it in his body stance and eyes, but would not (could not?) express it in words. He would not even listen to my explanations of why I chose such and such action. My explanations seemed to go in one ear and out the other. It's as if he'd make his judgement, and nothing in the world could penetrate through it. We lasted one stupid little disagreemeent, I was busy with a crying daughter so I couldn't immediately attempt to resolve it with him, he walked out of my world 2 minutes later. (Thankfully, as that was a very stressful relationship to maintain.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most marked trait of Rocky that I see is actually quite Delta in nature, basically, his love of quickly concretizing a system and holding to it. From what I see, he tends to take things in a literal fashion, thereby permitting him to draw rapid, concrete conclusions about whatever he applies the system to. This could be interpreted as a type of perfectionism in a way, a prime trait of the Delta quadra, for the fact that the perfectionist, to be effective, must first assume the system to be static and non-changing, thus concrete. Rocky's least developed trait HAS to be self-doubt and self-questioning.

So don't completely discredit the guy who voted ESTj. He may possibly have a point to consider.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-

It was more a reference to our love affair than anything else :wink:

But I think he would be SLI logical subtype rather than LSE.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way he looks when he's being photographed is exactly the way my ISTP brother looks when he's being photographed. The look that says "oh GOD she's taking out her camera, here we go, another one of her STUPID ideas... sheesh, let's get this over with quickly... and look, she forgot to switch the damn thing on AGAIN...". I'm afraid that little coincidence has prejudiced me irrevocably. ISTP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Rocky's least developed trait HAS to be self-doubt and self-questioning.
    You too?

I don't know where this perception comes from, because often times I will doubt something a lot (such as MBTI vs. socionics) before I really feel "comfortable" with it. Maybe I only show you guys the side of me that is already decided on something?

Is usually sure of itself before it speaks, which is why MysticSonic sees ISTPs this way?

@schroodinger's cat: there's always something about your posts that I enjoy reading.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know where this perception comes from, because often times I will doubt something a lot (such as MBTI vs. socionics) before I really feel "comfortable" with it. Maybe I only show you guys the side of me that is already decided on something?
    That's what I mean. I mean you never reanalyze something you've already decided on.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, glad you like them.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You are definitely an ISTp after reading this.

Let me start off with Ne. If I am an ISTP, Ne would be my dual-seeking functions. It is very possible I believed I had a strong Ne functon because of it. I do get bored easily, and I like to try things in diffrent ways, and I also believe in trying to see the positive potential in people (all related to Ne). Besides this, I don't think I'm an Ne type anymore.
    I think you have average and are more intuitive than the average sensor based on this explanation. However, strong tends to go beyond what you mentioned and do a lot more things.

Sensing wise, I can be a little violent. I don't mean I'm the kind of guy who will start hitting/throwing everything when I get mad, but it happens. With me, it tends to build up slowly. I try to keep my cool as best as I can, trying to hold it in, but then the intensity starts to build up. I can get restless and impatient (but not as big a firecracker as my ESFJ sister) which ledas to bursts of energy coming out. If I really get frustrted I might do something like kick the tires of the car, or hit something with a baseball bat.
    My ISTp brother is the same way. I think that everyone has that one thing that can tick them off. However, if someone manages to set that off on an ISTp then they will not be able to control it and will unleash it in a physical manner. This is probably a result of a lack of . There's been a few nasty situations where I might pushed his envelope and this occurred. However, I've learned to detect when this is happening and I back off and acknowledge defeat in order to avoid this conflict.

I am also starting to realize that Introverted Sensing would make a lot of sense as my dominant function. I take a mental note of things I see around me and store it in the back of my head. I can easily recall and remember things I have experienced in the past and almost "relive" them in my head. I use this while typing people, as well. I notice the way people move, their mannerisms, facial expressions, etc. and when I see someone else I met I can automatically connect that person to someone else whom they remind me of. I'm starting to connect this with type, so hopefully I can first met someone and identify their type right away (this takes a little time, though).
    This sounds pretty cool to me. I'm able to do this as well by memorzing the interior of buildings, my neigbourhood and people's faces almost perfectly. I think this is a result of having a strong visual memory.I'm not nearly able to recall experiences as nearly as well as you do. Though, I believe strong takes this to a whole other level.

I am also a very impulsive person. I used to associate this with being E, but I realize that ENTPs usually don't act like that. Sometimes I will get the urge to do something, and just do it. Often times I will being running inside and out to play basketball, then go back on the computer, then I'll find something else that interests me, etc. I find it difficult to spend time in one place for a long period of time. I hate feeling trapped or tied down.
    I think most people can relate to this one.

I seem to fit the description of an ISTP kid when I was younger. I was a little brat. My ENFJ Mom recently was showing me video of when I was about 5, and she said, "See, this is what I had to put up with!" I was always hitting something, screaming, blaming other people for what I did... (but I think I'm a little better now ).
    Yes, I saw a video too and my ISTp brother was behaving the exact same way. I was the one randomly hugging people for no reason.

After I'd reflected on my type more I started to realize that I am much more Te than Ti. I don't like to waste my time on meaningless things or fruitless thinking. I try to be as practical as possible and everything I learn I have a purpose for it in mind. I always like to be watching over things, and sort of "check up" on it and be in control.
    Yes, I used to think you were more then . I probably got confused with your decent amount of . However I was only fooling myself. Whenever you have an argument you always use your knowledge of facts as weapons quite effectively.

One of the reasons I thought I was an extravert before was because in school or around friends I can at least seem a lot more extraverted. A lot of the people I know from school wouldn't suspect me to be introverted. I would always like to be talking, laughing, etc. and I know that sounds odd for an ISTP. I have been told before that I "Just have to shut up". One guy I know from school told me that I'm "To gregarious for your own good" but I don't think that's the real me. The only way I can explain this is that I just throw my weak Fe function out and try not to be hurt by it. I still seem to enjoy spending time by myself to think.
    The strange thing is, my ISTp brother seemed a lot more extraverted than me when he was younger. He was the one who had all the friends and who got along with others. Me in the other hand, I was extremely shy and kept to myself most of the time. I was basically a loner up to grade 7.

One thing that should tell me that I'm NOT intuitive is that I have a hard time planning for the future. I have a habit of doing something that feels right in the moment, but things have a tendency to creep up on me. I am very capable of keeping myself healthy and I always know what I want. I have a problem with feeling uncomfortable and try to fix it. For example, it's not uncommon for me to change shirts in the middle of the day if I feel sweaty or re-apply deodorant several times a day. I never foget about eating, not a chance (ask my parents ). I am also super-sensitive to touch. If someone touches me on the shoulder I would probably roll it in a little because I'm so sensitive to it. Unless of course it is someone who I don't want touching me, and I find them annoying. If that happens I would probably try and push their hand away.
    The first part relates to my brother behaves the same way, he usually thinks of this crazy idea to do for the future and is very excited about it and enlists for all of us to join. However, we usually don't end up doing it for whatever reason or we encounter problems along the way.

I think that's enough for now. I am currently under the impression that I am a logical subtype ISTP, this would explain the little differences I have with the more "classical" ISTPs. The sensory subtypes I think are people like Shaquile O'Neil, and a logical subtype would be someone like the Baltimore Oriole's Manager Lee Mazzili. For some reason I feel an affinity with Mazzili; either we are the same type or I just want to be the same type as him.
    I agree, your is a lot more apparent than your . I would say your a logical subtype for sure because I think my brother is a sensory subtype and that is why I don't really notice him expressing that often, even though he probably does internally.

You are definitely an ISTp after reading this, so I would say after reading this you seem like a more logical version of my ISTp brother. However, there is a chance he may not even be ISTp, but I doubt it.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that was an old post... like, 8 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    The first part relates to my brother behaves the same way, he usually thinks of this crazy idea to do for the future and is very excited about it and enlists for all of us to join. However, we usually don't end up doing it for whatever reason or we encounter problems along the way.
    That sounds just like me.

I agree, your is a lot more apparent than your . I would say your a logical subtype for sure because I think my brother is a sensory subtype and that is why I don't really notice him expressing that often, even though he probably does internally.
    How would be made apparent anyway? Arent Introverted functions always hidden?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

How would be made apparent anyway? Arent Introverted functions always hidden?
    That is a very good question. I've typed my brother because of the descriptions and behaviour not using the functions. He doesn't necessarily express , but I'm guessing he uses it because I seem him expressing on random occasions. This is why I think you are a logical subtype because you use frequently and your more logical than my brother.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Thanks, glad you like them.
    Oh, and it's more like, "I don't really know how to look right now so I'll just resist trying to show any outward emotion, otherwise I'll feel silly."
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that's why. That explains a lot. On almost every photo I took of my brother, he either looks sceptical or he's making a face. I've got two photos where he looks natural. Two. Zwei. Dos. 2. You can probably appreciate the achievement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enquiry

Why is ESFP not included?
    I still think that is the most likele type for you.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Why is ESFP not included?
    I still think that is the most likele type for you.

... I didn't even notice that...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew a former ISTJ colleague who would never admit to be wrong about anything. When she was wrong, she would simply leave my office and then send me an email admitting that she "could be wrong". However, she would never ever admit that I was right.