0 Thread(s)

what a nonsensical thread. ilis have no emotions, obviously. /thread

TIM
    ILI 5w6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on who I'm with and if I think they are interesting and/or funny enough to open up to. Otherwise, I suppose I can seem blank, cold, or I've even been told I look depressed when I'm just not really engaged at all. If im still around and have a blank face, I'm probably just observing because something has caught my attention.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Do you have any experience of the ILIs around you being emotionally expressive; or not so much, or barely at all?

Can you elaborate into the particulars of the situation?
    I know three off the top of my head. A, G, & P.

P sometimes smiles. Very monotone, but expresses happiness subtly when he feels clever. Likes to add his two cents.
    G can get very passionate when he complains. The government! Mosanto! Conformist culture! ...bleh. He's a young cat though, i'm sure he'll grow out of it. He has go-to expressions when he's excited. Not good at realizing when he acts selfishly, but no problem enacting the emotional feeling through expression if he feels like it. Valued but weak Fi maybe?
    A is a G. He's constantly thinking about some way to accomplish an immediate goal, and often celebrates when he's successful. He'll poke and prod at people seemingly randomly and then immediately give up ground(acknowledging that he doesnt believe what he's saying) and laugh. Says things all the time that change the room atmosphere. People give him hell for it, but i laugh because awkward is hilarious to me. Especially when its on purpose.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was dating an ILI once and he handed me a present for my birthday. I said oh my gosh what did you get me? He shuffled his feet and said, "Just some crappy shit..." (it was actually a couple of thoughtful gifts.)
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I was dating an ILI once and he handed me a present for my birthday. I said oh my gosh what did you get me? He shuffled his feet and said, "Just some crappy shit..." (it was actually a couple of thoughtful gifts.)
    He felt inside the way you were expressing, exited over it, but freaking just couldn't let that out. Appearance: underwhelmed, and stupid comments come out. I get his side. Alone getting the gift and readying it for you he was "normal" --the future was bright and wonderful. That dissolved into nobody holding nothing much in front of you.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There are many emotions rather than just your typical warm-hearted aww mushy feelings.

A lot of so-called 'Logical' and 'Scientific' types actually have strong feelings. But they're often some sort of intense anger or frustration... so that's why they stereotypically feel more 'bad-ass' than your average IEI or SEI. Hatred and Anger is just every bit of a feeling as Love and Fear is.... that's why I really don't like the word 'emo' as some all purpose insult. Everybody feels deeply it's part of being a hooman. It just depends on what feelings you typically have more often than not.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    There are many emotions rather than just your typical warm-hearted aww mushy feelings.

A lot of so-called 'Logical' and 'Scientific' types actually have strong feelings. But they're often some sort of intense anger or frustration... so that's why they stereotypically feel more 'bad-ass' than your average IEI or SEI. Hatred and Anger is just every bit of a feeling as Love and Fear is.... that's why I really don't like the word 'emo' as some all purpose insult. Everybody feels deeply it's part of being a hooman. It just depends on what feelings you typically have more often than not.
    I was a friend with an ILI-Ni 4w5, she is probably one of the most emotional people that I have met. By this I mean that she felt her emotions so strongly that she started shaking physically. There certainly was more emotionally deep than just anger. She seemed to feel more classic enneagram 4 emotions. Her "badassery" was extended to for example give some girl the finger in response to driving by and waving. I asked her why she did that and all I got out from her was "I don't know...", and when I asked the girl in the car if there had been any conflict between the two she was just clueless to what caused the ILI's behaviour. It certainly wasn't badass, it was just silly.

Secondly, not everyone does feel deeply. Psychopaths are the prime example of this.

On topic, she wasn't expressive as is meant by the more theatrical Fe, but she did talk very much about events relating to how she feels. The most outward expressions was an "awwh" and an unexpected hug when I talked about the breakup I went through at the time, plus the angry/resentful gurns that she made when I teased her "with the use of" Fe. It looked something like this with the difference that she so clearly was irritated at me.

retired
    TIM
    Se
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emotion's got a wide spectrum of siblings. From the most negative end to the most positive end, so to speak. For example, in no specific order: sadness, hatred, guilt, fear, anger, shame, concern, content, resentment, courage, joy, affection, happiness, and so on.

I agree with some of the things @truck said. It's just that we tend to favour certain items when it comes to emotion. Some people favour anger. Some shame and sadness. Some joy, thrill and exuberant expression of certain passion. We all have different canals for emotional communication. So those who favour anger would feel anger very deeply while not feeling other emotions with the same depth. It can't mean they don't feel any emotion at all. Anger is still an emotion.

AFAIK, psychopaths feel much anger. That's like the only emotion they can feel the most and the deepest. In general. Oh and this doesn't mean people who favour anger are somewhat like psychopath or something.

About ILIs and their emotional expression: I don't think I know enough ILIs to have an opinion about that, so...

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emotionally constrained my ass. Every time I smile at an SLI / ILI, they always smile back very nicely.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Emotionally constrained my ass. Every time I smile at an SLI / ILI, they always smile back very nicely.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is soooo emo.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some ILI's try to be out of social expectation. But for the most part they almost never tell you they like you.

My ILI friend married an EIE who constantly drilled verbal affirmation out of him to the point that he went crazy and they divorced. He must have learned that a lot of people need that from others, and he one day came up to me and said, "I don't tell very many people how I feel about them, but I enjoy hanging out with you and think you're one of the coolest people here."

<3

Anyway I can see emotions shifting in people so I usually don't need that from them, but yes, I can see their emotions when they are standing before me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My mommy is ILI. Her father passed on yesterday and I called her to talk to her and gage her emotions to see if she was doing ok.

She went on and on about how my grandfather kept saying that he was so proud that he had such wonderful kids and my mom kept telling me "honey, I love you guys so much. I have such wonderful kids. My father used to say about how wonderful we were and I thought I look at you guys now and I think what wonderful kids I have." She goes on and on about some points that stick out to her as she holds back tears but mostly my mother takes it out on herself physically, she doesn't eat well when she's depressed and sad, she makes herself physically quite ill. I'll have to ask my brother, her dual, to go and monitor her senses.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my personal experience ILI's are much better at expressing negative emotins that positive ones. The only positive they seem to be be ok with expressing is contentment, anything more than that is a ILI faux pas. Sadness is also not ok because it is not productive.

Things that are ok to express for ILI's. Annoyance, Irritability, being cross and anger.

Also, dry witted remarks and sarcasm.

Edit: Love does not exist in the spoken word in ILI world, it is only expressed physically.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    In my personal experience ILI's are much better at expressing negative emotins that positive ones. The only positive they seem to be be ok with expressing is contentment, anything more than that is a ILI faux pas. Sadness is also not ok because it is not productive.

Things that are ok to express for ILI's. Annoyance, Irritability, being cross and anger.

Edit: Love does not exist in the spoken word in ILI world, it is only expressed physically.
    I express love through my actions and these actions are not necessarily physical. I can't speak for all ILIs though :/

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post

Negative emotions? In my experience they’re the most potent and therefore the easiest to express. I think this is true for many. Anger is difficult to control and how pissed off would you be if you already knew it was going to happen and you did it anyway?

ILI are not emo, we’re jaded. I love the song "wish you were here"

-Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Do you have any experience of the ILIs around you being emotionally expressive; or not so much, or barely at all?

Can you elaborate into the particulars of the situation?

ILIs along with SLIs are some of the most emotional people I've ever met. It's that Fi Hidden Agenda, it's so much a part of them that it leaks through in everything they do. ILIs usually express it by advising others about what won't work (base ), and offer practical help (creative ). They can be very funny, witty and kind around people they trust. ILIs have suggestive so unconsciously they try to provoke confrontation in others, but this isn't out of hatred for others but out of a desire to draw out the strongest forces in the environment, and work with them to achieve some higher goal (Gamma objectives).

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    ILIs along with SLIs are some of the most emotional people I've ever met. It's that Fi Hidden Agenda, it's so much a part of them that it leaks through in everything they do. ILIs usually express it by advising others about what won't work (base ), and offer practical help (creative ). They can be very funny, witty and kind around people they trust. ILIs have suggestive so unconsciously they try to provoke confrontation in others, but this isn't out of hatred for others but out of a desire to draw out the strongest forces in the environment, and work with them to achieve some higher goal (Gamma objectives).
    Yes! This is a very insightful post. My lovely ILI boyfriend used to say that I was being "fake" whenever I wasn't getting "emotional", so he would just try to provoke me into getting "emotional". Unfortunately, it would just make me "angry" and unhappy with him. Now, I simply have to "remind" him that I don't use Fi as well as he does, so I'm not being "fake" if I don't express Fi "emotion". I'm being Fe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ILI that I know of is very idiosyncratic with his emotions. Honestly, they are expressive. They use body language and facial expressions to show their emotions. God forbid they have to explain themselves. Lol then you gotta pull that info out of them.
    For example, when they are in rage they rant. When they find something funny they chuckle. Like, they are people who like to suppress their emotions, but they still feel and express stuff. Key word: subtle. They don't say how they feel. They show how they feel.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    I can agree with this. I want the people I love to succeed and be happy, so much so that I'd gladly fail in my endeavors if in doing so I ensure their success. What you say is also kinda theological. God may well allow a demon to tempt you, but only because he knows that said temptation will cause you to pay closer attention to that specific area in you life and thus increase the odds of you realizing you need to do something about that...

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Textbook Fe seeking.
    Really. I embarrassingly do this often; I never made the connection.

TIM
    NeTx-C (5w6)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live with an ILI-Ni, and I would even dare call myself her friend. She does seem rather reserved and subdued when she is around the people outside of her immediate circle – to the point she almost seems like an android more than a human – yet when she is with her in-group, her emotions pour out wildly and, I would say, with very little control at all. "Binary" is the word that would describe it the best, in my opinion. If she is happy, she is ecstatic; if she is angry, she is furious; if she is sad, the end of the world is coming; if she is worried about something, it is a full-blown anxiety. There simply is no middle ground between having no (or very subdued and subtle) emotion and having ALL of the emotion for her, as far as I am concerned.
    Most likely the most negative alpha you have met
    My life experiences may be tainted by living with an LII and an ILI I lovingly call Satan.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnaedy View Post
    I live with an ILI-Ni, and I would even dare call myself her friend. She does seem rather reserved and subdued when she is around the people outside of her immediate circle – to the point she almost seems like an android more than a human – yet when she is with her in-group, her emotions pour out wildly and, I would say, with very little control at all. "Binary" is the word that would describe it the best, in my opinion. If she is happy, she is ecstatic; if she is angry, she is furious; if she is sad, the end of the world is coming; if she is worried about something, it is a full-blown anxiety. There simply is no middle ground between having no (or very subdued and subtle) emotion and having ALL of the emotion for her, as far as I am concerned.
    I will have to concur with this binary assessment of my type. If we trust you, and I mean really trust you, we drop our mask and show you our intense emotions and to hell with how you may potentially screw us over. We trust you, please value that. If not? Then poker face...
    Last edited by End; 05-17-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everybody has basic emotions; it's just that Fe Polrs don't care for mimicking or playing off the emotions of other people. Maybe a lack of mirror neurons or something.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell you LIE. I'm like a Mr. Miyagi who has no ability to do Karate. When doing the code, make sure you have the ability to type coherently. Thus I make myself type pretty much whenever I can. Got my WPM up too. Yeah, sure this has nothing to do with emotions first in, but then you realize I want to succeed. Thus, I think I need to practice skills I am bad at. But then why do I want to succeed? That's where all the emotion resides. That's the interesting story. I won't tell it though, it's a pretty sad story.

Other option is I'm a mistyped ISFj or ESFp. It's more likely than you think, but then I can say that case, I've been mistaking cognitive functions for other cognitive functions, and the chance of incorrect type practically quadruples, because the concept of ethical, logical, sensory, and intuitive are misunderstood. But minding that theory out of the way as a not true... I think you can get the romanticism of me.

Also, mirroring is great, I just need to figure out what they're thinking first, and that's easier done with the word than the image. I am trying to figure it out though, see my newest theory on that, which I will check for responses.

Also, as an Fi valuing man-child, note I care immensely that you do not like what I said, I probably even know why you don't like it, however, hindsight is a cruel judge.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Caan View Post
    I think everybody has basic emotions; it's just that Fe Polrs don't care for mimicking or playing off the emotions of other people. Maybe a lack of mirror neurons or something.
    Specifically activating mirror neurons would be my guess. I know SLI who can "mirror neuron himself" into athlete's body. I think that many more empathetical types lack this specific style of mirroring.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was in a longterm relationship with an ILI. They would get excited and interested about all sorts of things, but when it came to their emotions, either positive or negative, they were always ice cold and extremely reserved. In a lot of ways it was really good for balancing out my Fi/Se volatility, but when their real emotions would come out it was always seemingly non-negotiable AND they were disinterested in discussing or analyzing them.

They could definitely be expressive and were super vocal about their opinions, but emotionally impenetrable to my Fi.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    what a nonsensical thread. ilis have no emotions, obviously. /thread
    It only seems that way. It's actually very strong, but we've leaned the hard way to suppress that aspect. Emotions are easily manipulated by others, hence, why we try to poker face through interpersonal interactions. The more the other person acts on the assumption that we're a cold hearted emotionless robot the better. If, somehow, they grasped upon the fact that our emotions are rather intense they may be able to screw us over hard. Thankfully (or sadly, depending on your perspective), rare is the person who grasps how emotional my type is.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm.....k

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    I can tell you LIE. I'm like a Mr. Miyagi who has no ability to do Karate. When doing the code, make sure you have the ability to type coherently. Thus I make myself type pretty much whenever I can. Got my WPM up too. Yeah, sure this has nothing to do with emotions first in, but then you realize I want to succeed. Thus, I think I need to practice skills I am bad at. But then why do I want to succeed? That's where all the emotion resides. That's the interesting story. I won't tell it though, it's a pretty sad story.

Other option is I'm a mistyped ISFj or ESFp. It's more likely than you think, but then I can say that case, I've been mistaking cognitive functions for other cognitive functions, and the chance of incorrect type practically quadruples, because the concept of ethical, logical, sensory, and intuitive are misunderstood. But minding that theory out of the way as a not true... I think you can get the romanticism of me.

Also, mirroring is great, I just need to figure out what they're thinking first, and that's easier done with the word than the image. I am trying to figure it out though, see my newest theory on that, which I will check for responses.

Also, as an Fi valuing man-child, note I care immensely that you do not like what I said, I probably even know why you don't like it, however, hindsight is a cruel judge.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I know a male ILI who does this a lot--downplaying anything he has put a lot of thought, time or creativity into. It's frustrating because I can't tell if he does it to downplay his achievements/be humble or if it's because he's unhappy with the final products that never seem to live up to what he envisioned.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILI emotional states usually depend on how they feel that they fit in with or are treated by others. ILIs love intimacy, playfulness and joke telling but their emotions are often so poorly controlled - silliness is at one extreme while heated vitriol is at the other and for some, there's little in between. When in high spirits and safe environments, they can be really exuberant, obsessive and or intrusive although they tend to frown upon these characteristics in others.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnaedy View Post
    this certainly describes my ILI friend to a tee. An almost childlike expression of emotional states punctuated by long stretches of emotionless, Vulcan-like demeanor.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

with people I'm not close to I'm withdrawn, quiet, cold (though i don't mean to be), but when i get close to someone which is rare i open up and they are usually surprised at how silly i can be, and talkative. my ex commented on that whereas he is the opposite, when he feels uncomfortable he talks a lot and then when hes comfortable he can relax and sit in silence. he was probably SEE, or IEE
    i am an emotional person but i don't show it, i don't like showing it unless we are close

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very emotional, just the things that I am emotional about are very few. These things are: Serving God, Fulfilling the role God gave to me and my loved ones. I can appear cold to strangers. However, if someone (especially an ethical type) tries to have a normal conversation with me, I will do right by them and display the usage social niceties (show kindness, give the social smile, show genuine concern, etc). I hate social awkwardness as I find those moments to be cringing (though there are many times where my ethical carelessness is the cause of these moments). Also having good social skills is very important when trying to get a successful career.

If someone does something that seems like injustice to my family or my close friends I will be the first one to fight back verbally or physically, whatever the case may be. This is much to the surprise of my loved ones who know I am tough, but didn’t know I loved them so much (due to my demeanour). I have something in me that knows precisely: which people are with me, which people find me uninteresting and which people hate me (or distrustful of my motives). I try not to let these perceptions be known. When it comes to self sacrifice I do not spare anything for my loved ones.

My opinions and thoughts can have the appearance of cluelessness from a moral standard. I wonder if my bluntness and ethical mistakes are the product of my Fe POLR. Some people on this forum know about this trait of mine (cough @ashlesha, @voider) though it is worse than the case they have already seen. A good example of this:

There was guy (a new friend of mine) in a long distance relationship with his girlfriend when they were both starting universities. He says “I don’t what know what to do.” I said “you should call for a breakup.” Everyone around looked appalled at my comment. He says “dude, that is not even funny.” I replied, “No, I am quite serious, if the relationship is causing such an emotional strain at the start of university then it can’t be practical to keep it going until it starts affecting your schoolwork at the most important step in your life. It is probably best to put end to it before you start feeling trapped.” “Dude, have you ever been a relationship”, he says. “No.” “Then don’t act like you understand, like understand(he is partially tearing up) what were going through.” He gets up to leave 10 minutes later and that was the last time I ever talked to him.

It is not that I didn’t understand how close our friendship was (Like an ENTp). If I am your friend I am going to be blunt and give you my practical opionion no matter how emotional vulnerable you may be feeling and no matter how early it is in our friendship. Maybe it is because I absolutely hate seeing signs of weakness in people close to me. I wonder if this behaviour is somehow geared to my dual. I have a SEE-Fi friend (he is probably the only friend of mine that understands my motives and emotions at all times) who I provided harsher advice to at the start of our friendships and he appreciated that I didn’t sugarcoat things. When he disagreed with my opinion he didn’t run off, he has the confidence to prove me wrong (I love this trait). He even likes my crude humor most of the time (and when he doesn’t, he doesn’t make a big deal out of it) and he relates well with my ruthlessness in completing my goals.
    Last edited by Investigator; 09-21-2019 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Simple correction

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    I am very emotional, just the things that I am emotional about are very few. These things are: Serving God, Fulfilling the role God gave to me and my loved ones. I can appear cold to strangers. However, if someone (especially an ethical type) tries to have a normal conversation with me, I will do right by them and display the usage social niceties (show kindness, give the social smile, show genuine concern, etc). I hate social awkwardness as I find those moments to be cringing (though there are many times were my ethical carelessness is the cause of these moments). Also having good social skills is very important when trying to get a successful career.

If someone does something that seems like injustice to my family or my close friends I will be the first one to fight back verbally or physically, whatever the case may be. This is much to the surprise of my loved ones who know I am tough, but didn’t know I loved them so much (due to my demeanour). I have something in me that knows precisely: which people are with me, which people find me uninteresting and which people hate me (or distrustful of my motives). I try not to let these perceptions be known. When it comes to self sacrifice I do not spare anything for my loved ones.

My opinions and thoughts can have the appearance of cluelessness from a moral standard. I wonder if my bluntness and ethical mistakes are the product of my Fe POLR. Some people on this forum know about this trait of mine (cough @ashlesha, @voider) though it is worse than the case they have already seen. A good example of this:

There was guy (a new friend of mine) in a long distance relationship with his girlfriend when they were both starting universities. He says “I don’t what know what to do.” I said “you should call for a breakup.” Everyone around looked appalled at my comment. He says “dude, that is not even funny.” I replied, “No, I am quite serious, if the relationship is causing such an emotional strain at the start of university then it can’t be practical to keep it going until it starts affecting your schoolwork at the most important step. It is probably best to put end to it before you start feeling trapped.” “Dude, have you ever been a relationship”, he says. “No.” “Then don’t act you understand like understand what were going through.” He gets up to leave 10 minutes and that was the last time I ever talked to him.

It is not that I didn’t understand how close our friendship was (Like an ENTp). If I am your friend I am going to be blunt and give you my practical opionion no matter how emotional vulnerable you may be feeling and no matter how early it is in our friendship. Maybe it is because I absolutely hate seeing signs of weakness in people close to me. I wonder if this behaviour is somehow geared to my dual. I have a SEE-Fi friend (he probably the only friend of mine that understands motives and emotions at all times) who I provided harsher advice to at the start of our friendships and he appreciated that I didn’t sugarcoat things. When he disagreed with my opinion he didn’t run off, he has the confidence to prove me wrong (I love this trait). He even likes my crude humor most of the time (and when he doesn’t, he doesn’t make a big deal out of it) and he relates well with my ruthlessness in completing my goals.
    That's pretty much my experience with my family and any prospective friends. Hell they even value it. When they want the "honest truth" they come to me because they know that I will not hold back. I take this as a point of pride, I am the most "honest" person they've ever seemed to have met. That warms my heart and makes me smile. I'm doing something right by the almighty if this is the case .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123