Default Yip

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
    That's pretty neat. What you said about Beta seems to be true from my experiences.

Of course, I'm not quite as sure about the other Quadras, considering that I'm Beta myself.
    Same here. Very true.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Psychological Distance by Quadra

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    One thing that is facinating about socionics is that it has an explination of how different people take different routes to relationship building. Obvious exceptions aside, I think that a good way to look at this is through the idea of the quadra.

Alpha:
    Start at the short distance. You can work your way in by being an interesting fu_ker. You work your way out by...um...well, you just can't work your way out of alpha.

Beta:
    If you are "cool" you start at the short distance, if not, you start at the far distance. You can work your way in by being a witty fu_ker. You work your way out by being gay.

Gamma:
    Most traditional quadra. Respectful distance, growing over time, with a gradual understanding of the "in" jokes. You can work your way in by being a driven fu_ker. You can work your way out by being a lazy twerp.

Delta:
    Gradual shortening of distance, time based, project based. You can work your way in by being a competent fu_ker. You can work your way out by being evil.

Well, this needs to be cleaned up and expounded upon, but you guys will get the point.

Anyone else notice these types of things?
    Sounds accurate except for the delta quadra. If it weren't for the ESTJ's, it would be the laziest quadra. That's because ENFPs and ISTp's are the two laziest personalities in my opinion.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Competence =/= Drive.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Competence =/= Drive.
    Are you saying that competence and drive work side by side?

Anyways, competence is just being able to perform a task that is assigned to you. Something that I have been poor at my whole life.

EDIT: If people are driven to competence, then our perceptions about it are totally skewed.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    Competence =/= Drive.

Anyways, competence is just being able to perform a task that is assigned to you. Something that I have been poor at my whole life.

EDIT: If people are driven to competence, then our perceptions about it are totally skewed.
    =/= means "is not equal to"

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    Competence =/= Drive.

=/= means "is not equal to"
    Hmmm... I thought it would be /= for that because I thought =/= meant it equals, but it doesn't equal in the same time.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    do you think gamma is that intolerant of laziness, though?
    Yes.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's funny about that is that INTps are probably the most inert type in terms of motivation and interest in one's surroundings.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    What's funny about that is that INTps are probably the most inert type in terms of motivation and interest in one's surroundings.
    Also INFps are probably the least likely to act "cool". I think our quadras tend to redefine their stance just for us

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Creepy-

Huh? When is an INFp NOT being cool?
    Maybe we're not dorks but perhaps we have more "gay" moments than the remaining 15 types...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Creepy-

is the embodiment of male INFp hotness!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta:
    If you are "cool" you start at the short distance, if not, you start at the far distance. You can work your way in by being a witty fu_ker. You work your way out by being gay.
    lol, very true in my experience

Competence =/= Drive
    I agree, competence and drive are completely different, not to toot the horn of the ISTp too much, but we are often competent at a lot of things however we are also often refered to as very lazy, and hence often have a lack of drive.

Interesting thread here.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that is facinating about socionics is that it has an explination of how different people take different routes to relationship building. Obvious exceptions aside, I think that a good way to look at this is through the idea of the quadra.

Alpha:
    Start at the short distance. You can work your way in by being an interesting fu_ker. You work your way out by...um...well, you just can't work your way out of alpha.

Beta:

Gamma:
    Most traditional quadra. Respectful distance, growing over time, with a gradual understanding of the "in" jokes. You can work your way in by being a driven fu_ker. You can work your way out by being a lazy twerp.

Delta:
    Gradual shortening of distance, time based, project based. You can work your way in by being a competent fu_ker. You can work your way out by being evil.

Well, this needs to be cleaned up and expounded upon, but you guys will get the point.

Anyone else notice these types of things?
    yes!

Has anyone ever made friends in that order?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm aren't you forgetting someone?!?!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Ummm aren't you forgetting someone?!?!
    It's only because of the Slavic accent. I can't help it! If it weren't for the accent he and Auvi would be equal.

Creepy-!AliG

I think you are right guys!