ESTj

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj? Come on, he looks almost exactly like Steve.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ISTj or ISTp?
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is INTP

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your face is kinda like one ESTj I know but your style is not at all. Maybe you have strong Si subtype (my friend is probably Te subtype). The lowest pic is cool but my friend ESTj doesn't like long hair or beard so it makes me wonder...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does not look like the ESTjs I have known. He does not the the eyes. He does, however, have the facial structure of an ENTj.
    SEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Your face is kinda like one ESTj I know but your style is not at all. Maybe you have strong Si subtype (my friend is probably Te subtype). The lowest pic is cool but my friend ESTj doesn't like long hair or beard so it makes me wonder...
    I was thinking the same too, that is why I was thinking he was ISTp for that reason. ISTp's are supposed to like their hair short due to maintenance reasons, but I've seen them randomly grow their hair long for whatever reason.

Now I know an ESTj that would get extremely pissed over his ESTp son's long hair. So, I would say that according to that pic, it would mean he is ESTj sensory subtype or ISTp with either of the two subtypes.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely not estj with the hair...

good be istp but the beard is pretty tidy...

the funny face you made doesnt make you seem ISTP, assuming you shot that photo yourself.

nose is slightly larger...

I would guess ENTJ, looks like a crowd pleaser.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I say ENTj.

Yay <3
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, thanks for the replies folks - 'tis interesting!

About a week back I 'dropped' ESTj in my first post as kind of a playful 'see what happens'-type dealy, but as far as I can type myself, ISTp fits first with ENTj second.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is INFJ.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj
    SEE

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type?

ISFP
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Im not sure what hairstyle in itself has to do with type. Im sure theres a correlation between certain types and hairstyles because certain types are more LIKELY to express an attitude but in itself I dont think its a determining factor.

PS: Im must really be bored to be typing this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again:

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    ENTj
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    Im not sure what hairstyle in itself has to do with type. Im sure theres a correlation between certain types and hairstyles because certain types are more LIKELY to express an attitude but in itself I dont think its a determining factor.

PS: Im must really be bored to be typing this.
    Especially since for most of my life my hair has been an army crewcut/fade. Long hair is just an expirement, though I like it.

--

And honestly, I don't know what my type really is. All sound good to me, from ISFj to ENTj. I'm just filling in time and enjoying it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Well, if the guy says ISTp, we should probably agree with him, no?
    No, of course not. Duh...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May be we shall ask him some questions?

For example,

How he usually prepares to his exams: does he start to prepare himself in advance or prefer to do everything in the last minute? Is his rythm steady or dynamic and changing?

Is he always rushing somewhere as if he thinks he may be late?

There should be something at least he is sure about, how could be completely lost in typology: not knowing himself? No self -reflection? It does not sound rational to me.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olga

For example,

How he usually prepares to his exams: does he start to prepare himself in advance or prefer to do everything in the last minute? Is his rythm steady or dynamic and changing?

There should be something at least he is sure about, how could be completely lost in typology: not knowing himself? No self -reflection? It does not sound rational to me.
    I agree, V.I. is not enough.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example,

Last minute for sure. For example, I have a math final coming up in two weeks - I'll start studying the day before.

I'm usually rushing.

I'm sure that the human experience is generally not limited to four letters, but that's a dead horse, one I don't really care to beat.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type

I think we are on the right truck

You are most probably irrational or perceiving type. If you are rushing as if you don't have time, that means you have got issues with time or intuition of time - it is in your Superego block: - as a third funciton.
    Don't take very serious what I say until you answer some other questions.

How well do you orientate in space, can you for example easily find a place by having just a minimum info?

Do you like when people give you instructions how to do things or teach you how to do things?

Do you think that people always try to pull you in some sort of debate or sorting troubled situation and you don't really want to be part of it?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type

I think we are on the right truck

You are most probably irrational or perceiving type. If you are rushing as if you don't have time, that means you have got issues with time or intuition of time - it is in your Superego block: - as a third funciton.
    Don't take very serious what I say until you answer some other questions.

How well do you orientate in space, can you for example easily find a place by having just a minimum info?
    I prefer having by-the-book directions because it saves time and wasted effort, but I can find anything if need be. I've never been 'lost' driving around an unfamiliar part of town.

Do you like when people give you instructions how to do things or teach you how to do things?
    It depends on what it is. If it's something abstract like math, then yes. Anything more flexible and free-flowing, though, I'd rather be given a list of things to avoid as opposed to a set of instructions because I can usually figure it out myself, and enjoy the experience.

Do you think that people always try to pull you in some sort of debate or sorting troubled situation and you don't really want to be part of it?
    This never happens to me.

(very interesting, btw!)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I assume than you can influence people with your emotions, for example, you are good at telling stories in a funny way and pulling faces and everybody laughs, would it be right?

How often do you get into conflicts - I assume you are good at avoiding them, would it be right?
    How do you feel when you see others arguing?

Do you usually feel how people relate to you, for example, do you know if they like you or not?

how do you buy clothes for yourself, do you touch things or buy by the look only?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[edited]
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. The similarities are superficial (IMO ). The shape of their faces and overal look is very different. I'd say ENTp is more likely for that person. As for force my hand... he's SO ENTj.
    SEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    No. The similarities are superficial (IMO ). The shape of their faces and overal look is very different. I'd say ENTp is more likely for that person. As for force my hand... he's SO ENTj.
    So I look ENTp to you, interesting ...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp was what first crossed my mind (I didn't know that was you BTW), but I do see ENTp. You don't look like a couple of the ISTps I know (though you do look a teensy bit like Rocky if I'm recalling his appearance correctly). Peter's vote goes to ENTp. Mine does too but not as confidently. And I'm telling you... ENTj for force my hand.
    SEE

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default test

@winterpark
    I would not exclude the similarity in yours and force in hand type. Would you actually reply my questions in a very similar way to force in hand?

I can only be sure of the type if the person is sure himself and not on the opposite. You are welcome to answer my questionas addressed to Force in hand while we are waiting for thim to reply.

Amother metohd of finding your type is:

Step 1: Read general info about four funcitons (intuition, sensorics, ethics and logics) and then define what of the quality you have the least, something which you really puzzled about while other three qualities must be present at greater ot lesser degree.

Step 2: decide which qualities are definetly present in your personality to a degree that you are confused what quality is dominant?

Please, chose one of them or both routes.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: test

@winterpark
    Amother metohd of finding your type is:

Step 1: Read general info about four funcitons (intuition, sensorics, ethics and logics) and then define what of the quality you have the least, something which you really puzzled about while other three qualities must be present at greater ot lesser degree.

Step 2: decide which qualities are definetly present in your personality to a degree that you are confused what quality is dominant?
    Id like to add to this that people generally have a strong, noticeable prefernce for one function, and the other dichotomy often seems more ambigous. For example for my mom(ISTj), logic was obvious over ethics while Intuition and Sensing seemed harder to tell apart while reading the descriptions of both.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I assume than you can influence people with your emotions, for example, you are good at telling stories in a funny way and pulling faces and everybody laughs, would it be right?
    If I'm in a high energy mood yes, if subdued, I don't even try. Sometimes if I've met someone new when I was in 'fine form' and then see them again when I'm not, I can tell they're just waiting for me to do something 'interesting' and then when I don't, they're disappointed, and I almost feel rejected by not acting as they think I should.

How often do you get into conflicts - I assume you are good at avoiding them, would it be right?
    Good at avoiding, in general. Heated conflicts are very rare for me, but when they do happen they tend to be spectacular, and born out of frustration for a situation and not a specifc something someone has said or done.

If it's good-natured or mild-tension arguing, I'm inclined to be amused and make fun of the situation either to amuse myself or show the absurdity of the argument. If it sounds ultra-tense (ie. the threat of violence you can hear in voice pitch) then I'm 100% serious and I'm in there trying to diffuse the situation with some calm reasoning.

Do you usually feel how people relate to you, for example, do you know if they like you or not?
    No, I can't say this definitively. Often I will fish for feedback with a self-depricating insult (ie. "Wow, you must think I'm an idiot"). Sometimes people I've thought I'd gone 'too far' with will actually seek me out because they've missed seeing me around (which surprises me greatly).

how do you buy clothes for yourself, do you touch things or buy by the look only?
    I know how they feel already, so usually the look.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Force my hand wrote:

If I'm in a high energy mood yes, if subdued, I don't even try. Sometimes if I've met someone new when I was in 'fine form' and then see them again when I'm not, I can tell they're just waiting for me to do something 'interesting' and then when I don't, they're disappointed, and I almost feel rejected by not acting as they think I should.

That show is t me that you are an introvert. I feel the same.

Quote:

Good at avoiding, in general. Heated conflicts are very rare for me, but when they do happen they tend to be spectacular, and born out of frustration for a situation and not a specifc something someone has said or done.

That shows to me that you know how approach people so poses the knowldege of the ethics and this is a quality of Fi/Fe.

Quote:

If it's good-natured or mild-tension arguing, I'm inclined to be amused and make fun of the situation either to amuse myself or show the absurdity of the argument. If it sounds ultra-tense (ie. the threat of violence you can hear in voice pitch) then I'm 100% serious and I'm in there trying to diffuse the situation with some calm reasoning.

This is a detached look of which changes to when neceassary and ability to predict the development of the arguement drives you to get involved and create a different emotional atmosphere by using creative . If you wouod not be competen in the world of human emotions you would not know what to say. I see it as strong ethics. This is a perfect quality of mediator and no one type is better in comiing down situation as a natural gift.

Quote:

No, I can't say this definitively. Often I will fish for feedback with a self-depricating insult (ie. "Wow, you must think I'm an idiot"). Sometimes people I've thought I'd gone 'too far' with will actually seek me out because they've missed seeing me around (which surprises me greatly).

This can be related to reasonalby weak intuition of universal laws and hidden abilites - not being able to know yourself and not seeing through the people, are they good or not, what abilities they have got. It is a quality of Mediator - ISFP type. But what about relationships between other people, do you see who likes whom and who does not? I would assume you do?

Quote:

I know how they feel already, so usually the look.

If you would say just i buy be the look then i would say it is a quality of intuitives but you said you know how they feel so I guess the feel of the clothes is important for you.
    If you are not convinced that you are ISFP then do Step one and Step two which I ahve suggest ot Winterpark earlier in this thread and we shall start from the sqaure one. I would like to know the type of Winterpark too.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Force my hand wrote:

That show is t me that you are an introvert. I feel the same.
    Everyone feels like that, Olga.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: test

@winterpark
    I would not exclude the similarity in yours and force in hand type. Would you actually reply my questions in a very similar way to force in hand?
    Certainly. I 'll give it a try.

I tend to leave almost everything for the last minute. I can do wonders in the last minute. I can do things that many people can not do with all the preparation they might have.

I prefer to take my time and don't like to rush but I always end up rushing somehow. I think it's mainly due to my lazyness and inabillity (or will) to organize my time efficiently.

Yeah, I 'm fine with it as long as it is about learning something new. That's the best way to learn and I can learn a lot from even a single stingy source of information. But when people make me do things their way I don't like it at all.

Well, sometimes. Especially when the situation envolves a discussion of my behavior and actions. But I usually try to stay out of those kind of situations. And I HATE CONFRONTATION!!!

Well, as force my hand said:

Sometimes if I've met someone new when I was in 'fine form' and then see them again when I'm not, I can tell they're just waiting for me to do something 'interesting' and then when I don't, they're disappointed, and I almost feel rejected by not acting as they think I should.

That 's exactly how I feel.

I try to avoid them, yes, but I do tend to put myself into them more often then I 'd like to. And I 'm very bad at dealing with them, especially when there's both sense(logic) and feelings(personal) that I need to consider. I think I can reason logicaly pretty well but I never ignore my feelings when making desicions. I always try to find a balance.

Well, it depends on the subject and the type of argument. I might hate it and despise it or I might find it interesting. In general I dislike rows and quarrels that have the potential to lead to violence but I can freely accept arguments with strong (or at least reasonable) logical or ethical grounds and more formal character.

I don't know. I think I can usually sense how the other person feels about me, regardless the facade (s)he might be putting on. I can spot pretending very easily, except when it 's done very carefully and on the long term, which would probably take some time, but I 'll know it before it affects me negatively. Or so I think .

When I buy something I have to try it and make sure I feel comfortable in(/with) it. So I definitely touch things . And I am very indecisive when it comes to choosing between two or more similar items. Actually, they don't have to be similar, but the obligation to decide between a number of things I like, really freaks me out.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^regarding my previous post

I think it 's important to mention that all of my answers are not concretely defined and should not be fully trusted merely because of the fact that I am not giving them with enough certainty and I suspect they might differ plenty or even contradict with eachother if I were to give them again in a certain period of time. So they are subject to change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast