Thread: Informal Analysis of Dual Relations

Creepy-

Default Informal Analysis of Dual Relations

Illustrative example: Sensory-logical extrovert ( ) + Intuitive-ethical introvert ( )

ACTIVE WILL - Base function + Suggestive function ( + )

This is the combination that gives duality such a formidable advantage. Around your dual, things make sense. No encouragement or reassurance needed, the duals provide each other with the rest of the picture (where on their own they would be focussed only on half of the picture).

So, in the presence of one anotherm the IEI becomes more grounded in "reality" (by that I mean the sensory world) and the SLE becomes more aware of the dynamic processes that lay behind (and are inseparable from) their sensations.

AUTHORITY - Creative function + Estimative function ( + )

This is where duals activate each other. The estimative function says "I want to ____!" and the dual's creative function replies "You can!".

The IEI wants to understand - the SLE says "You do understand!". They want to substitue their own logic, the SLE thinks this is a very good thing. The SLE wants to create good feelings, the IEI says "You do!". They want to be loved and the IEI is their personal cheerleader.

NEUROSIS - Personal Knowledge + Role function ( + )

This is a point of potential conflict and where subtype becomes very important. The personal knowledge aggressive at best and the role function overly sensitive. Both parties may feel anxious - they want help with their role function but their dual never has an opinion or advice (which is frustrating in itself), and when they do comment it's usually hurtful (though the injured party is undoubtably making too much of the comment).

As a result, usually the intuitive IEI prefers the logical SLE (and vice versa), while the ethical IEI prefers the sensory SLE (and vice versa). One partner will use their base function a little less (and hence their personal knowledge also less!) - much to the delight of their dual's role function - and also will have a little less sensitive role function themselves.

PHOBIA - PoLR + Concrete Art ( + )

This is the point of reassurance and comfort. Partners assert each other's validity.

The IEI lacks insight into their inner states and is prone to feeling "unhuman" as they don't react to things the "right" way. The SLE is the best source of comfort - he has insights into his inner states (Fi is conscious for him) but he considers the whole deal to be over-rated and assures the IEI that it is unimportant and there is no need to worry. Likewise, the SLE lack insight into "accepted" logic and can doubt his own ideas as a result. The IEI assures him that "accepted" logic is unimportant and he is doing fine as he is.

(sorry about the gender, "they" gets confusing after a while)

So....any comments?

Creepy-

People should do this for their dual types as well....

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think PoLR and Concrete work together as such: concrete art, as a strong, unconscious function, is unthreatening to the PoLR of the partner; conscious stimulation produces a negative effect, but perhaps since each partner's concrete art is unconscious, the other doesn't perceive it as threatening, and is therefore willing to receive advice and help from their partner.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    I think PoLR and Concrete work together as such: concrete art, as a strong, unconscious function, is unthreatening to the PoLR of the partner; conscious stimulation produces a negative effect, but perhaps since each partner's concrete art is unconscious, the other doesn't perceive it as threatening, and is therefore willing to receive advice and help from their partner.
    I would have thought that too, but I'm always the one asking for help about so it doesn't really mesh. Well, not so much help as validation.

Creepy-

Default Re: Informal Analysis of Dual Relations

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    NEUROSIS - Personal Knowledge + Role function ( + )

This is a point of potential conflict and where subtype becomes very important. The personal knowledge aggressive at best and the role function overly sensitive. Both parties may feel anxious - they want help with their role function but their dual never has an opinion or advice (which is frustrating in itself), and when they do comment it's usually hurtful (though the injured party is undoubtably making too much of the comment).
    ^^^why duality sucks :wink:

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The interaction between duals in regards to the 3rd and 5th functions is overlooked here, and I think it's the anwer to the 3rd and 7th issue. We use our 3rd to compensate for our 5th function, and around our dual, we don't need to. Our dual helps us out with our 5th, so we don't feel we need to use our 3rd.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    The interaction between duals in regards to the 3rd and 5th functions is overlooked here, and I think it's the anwer to the 3rd and 7th issue. We use our 3rd to compensate for our 5th function, and around our dual, we don't need to. Our dual helps us out with our 5th, so we don't feel we need to use our 3rd.
    The third function is there first of all because we use our first function, so it's still an issue (albeit not a large one because the rest of the interactions are positive).

There's still the issue that they can't help you with your role function.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's less of a need to use it though
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Placeholder for me to bash one out for ENTp/ISFp
    I really need to get to uni

Creepy-

Looking forward to it!

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Now that I actually KNOW a dual who happens to be muh lover, I can understand this. This was a good analysis.