Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introduction: Jonathan Ross and her have a very strained interview going on. It sort of descends into him calling her the scariest person he has ever met. And him just backing off from her more and more. The more she presses him with Fe the further he backs off.

Cyrus:"HELLooO
    Ross:"I just got to tell everyone, you are the scariest person I have ever met".

Interview is over:
    Ross: "You will see her in a minute" [Helen Miriam]
    Cyrus: "Have fun with Helen" points finger at Ross.
    Ross: "That sounds like an order"
    Cyrus: "I really like Helen, give her a hug for me"
    Ross "you really don't want to go do you?"
    Cyrus: "I don't, Ok a-whoo, see ya!"
    Quickly gets up and walks off.

Clearly Cyrus is comfortable with attention grabbing extroverted ethics. I almost feel a little bit sorry for her in the interview, because Ross seems to, over the course of their conversation, come to find Cyrus tiresome. Cyrus either seems dense to that interplay, or else totally unconcerned. She does make kids shows and maybe that over "expressional" actor habits have carried into her real personality. She just seems like a kid who has been invited to sit at the grow-ups table.

I think It would be good to point out first she seems to have an Ej temperament. I've seen several interview now as well as Hanna Montanna (don't ask) and I think its easy to say of Cyrus that she is:

• proactive
    • restless
    • difficult to relax unless tired
    • walk tends to be quick-paced and "purposeful", as well as stiff
    • "calmly energetic" with few intense variations in the level of energy during the day
    • inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods

EJs are both dynamic and rational, so they see reality as in continuous, gradual, often imperceptible change. At the same time, an EJ has his own views of what reality "should" be. This inclines him to be quick to take action, normally using his leading function, in order to make sure things will remain, or become, as they should be, before change can get too far.
    The way reality "should" be for Miley seems to have Fe flavour, her base function. I will discuss this in a minute.

As to being an intuitive, she seems to lack mannerisms and thinking patterns that place herself, events, or other people in chronology. She doesn't have that inner narrative that flows into prophetic explanations that Ni creatives usually posses. Even uneducated, inarticulate ones have a certain power of observational characteristics.

Cyrus just seems to lack any "weight" in her dialogues, everything she says is all so surface, even if she is discussing "deeper" matters. There is no sense of "vision", no EIE "touchiness". I think just this fact alone one could tick off her being an EIE. Although, personally I find EIE to be a little abrasive especially when they are very confident, I find Cyrus's brand of abrasiveness is just lacking potency. I think she is an sensing type.

I don't notice an introverted feeler here either. When Ross asks her about her Father and hints that the conversation could go somewhere a little "deeper", Cyrus doesn't seem to run with this line of thinking at all. She agrees with Ross about his assessment of her Father, but only cursory, as if interpersonal analysis is just an "ignored" consideration (kind of like a super-id function? unconscious "take-it-or-leave it" yet ignored?)

I guess people insist of the SEE route for Miley, but I find her lack of absorption in introverted feeling topics to be indicate that she is preoccupied with other considerations. She doesn't seem like a person adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. At least not in the interview I posted. Rather, she goes for establishing excitement, interest, liveliness in the conversation. She pushes the boundaries of socially acceptable and in doing so is setting new horizons as what people are allowed to say and do. Think "twerking".

For example, when she stands up and does the little dance, unprompted by Ross, she becomes slightly dismayed that Ross didn't join her in the excitement immediately. Unperturbed, she insists he does the dance anyway. Ross does it because she is so insisting but doesn't seem appreciative of the little dance what-so-ever, even if it made people laugh. The whole point here is that she is attempting to move the interaction in a direction of her choosing and that direction is one of expressive involvement and participation.

Where are the strong sentiments and anti-pathies? Where are the discussion and exploration in one's own inner feelings regarding other people? These are considered Fi socionics canon. She always, in every interview I have seen has instead discusses her own sentiments and feelings that are focused on herself. She always seems.......I hate to use the word selfish because of the negative connotations, but has a certain amount of self-centerdness. At the very least I doubt she is a Fi base individual.

There is a child like enthusiasm in her personality, and a strong, confident presence. She seems very grounded in the here and now. This is a woman who knows what she is doing and knows how to get others to participate by Fe means. I would put her in the sensory feeler club.

As to the her Se behavior, I would have to agree with everyone's observations that Se is not her weak function. I could agree with Forum members, like Nyx, her Se behavior seems neurotic. Then again, I wouldn't use that word. Could it possibly be said that her Se is demonstrative? On demonstrative Se:

The individual is able to be convincingly commanding, tough, challenging, or confrontational for brief periods of time without taking himself too seriously, as a sort of show or game.
    Of course these are not all the factors needed for a final word. Typology is a simplistic means of interpreting complex phenomena. I would say that with all these considerations, it wouldn't be far reaching to speculate Cyrus is an sensory feeler, possibly ESFj. As far a subtype I suppose she could be Fe-ESE. It is (at first) difficult to imagine Cyrus as an ESE if she was compared to lets say a ESE like Sally Field, yet I think there are striking similarities there as well.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=ESE_subtypes

All the things Fe-ESE Cyrus could say and do happens in that Jonathan Ross interview. She is very expressive, withstands pressure, very scattered, straight-forward. Other quotes to describe Fe subtypes from the wiki:

Obstinate and pig-headed when significant questions are directed towards them; because of this they appear to show excessive persistence. Try to be serious, restrained and polite in dialogue, but often render strong emotional pressure upon those that challenge their point of view.
    Is behaviour not exactly portrayed almost verbatim by Cyrus between her and Jonathan?

(Some of the interplay maybe cultural. With British understated wit being favoured over American candor and brashness.) (Then again, probably not)

On the other hand I think a good case could also be made for SLE if people want to compare Cyrus to let's say other SLE woman such as Rachel Ray (commonly typed as an SLE), or Pink. Still something about that typing just seems "off". She is forceful and commanding, much like an SLE, but then I think that's as far as the similarities reach.

Recaping: Fe valued; Ej temperament; not Ni creative; not Fi creative; SF club; demonstrative Se; desire to have others participate (Alpha inclusiveness); child-like enthusiasm; possibly a SLE, but beyond being forceful, this sociotype seems unlikely; not the sensory subtype ESE

Conlusion:
    Miley Cyrus possible Fe-ESFj.

Last edited by wacey; 01-23-2015 at 04:43 AM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    She has to be my conflictor. Whatever type she is, she's my conflictor.
    I made a case for ESE, what about illusionary?

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I can't add a ton about Miley's type (right now). But, I can say she so stylin' even the guys are stealing her look

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alpha SF
    4w3-5w6-8w7

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE IMO. Reminds me of dumb SEEs and that's unfortunate because cool/smart SEEs are awesome.

Strong Se and Fi really can come across as Fe for sure. And strong Fe vice versa.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uniden View Post
    I can't add a ton about Miley's type (right now). But, I can say she so stylin' even the guys are stealing her look

I was doing this 10 years ago. Bitch Stole MY look.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se base

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concede. Still, she is......

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

base. EXFJ-. Need to determine if intuitive or sensory later, what's vulnerable. People think every dumb seeming person is SEE here.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha no Olly. It pained me to say Se base.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Hahaha no Olly. It pained me to say Se base.
    I did mention 'dumb' like you did but this was a more general observation I notice on the forums rather than me singling you out.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I don't think she is dumb. She actually seems very shrewd.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ lol.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only thing Se about her is her haircut, and even that is some publicist or some stylist working their branding magic. LOOK, i have been following her since i was 14, when Hannah Montana was a new show on Disney Channel. her current incarnation is 100% manufactured for "shock" value, so she can sell records. besides, it's not like ESEs (or Fe bases) can't be this trashy: look at kesha, amanda bynes, snooki.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snooki's an ESE? Hehehe

Also I meant to say she's perhaps shrewd in maybe the calculating media-whore way?

I do find It difficult to distinguish between SF females quite often though

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So to run with Miley as being an Se-SEE, I guess she could be compared to Jennifer Lawrence.

Still, there is a certain self-conciousnes Jennifer possses that I don't observe in Miley. That might be explained by some previous posts that talks about Cyrus not leaning heavily on the Fi. . . . at all?
    Last edited by wacey; 02-03-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    So to run with Miley as being an Se-SEE, I guess she could be compared to Jennifer Lawrence.

Still, there is a certain self-conciousnes Jennifer possses that I don't observe in Miley. That might be explained by some previous posts that talks about Cyrus not leaning heavily on the Fi. . . . at all?
    Yeah, you are right although the lovely Jennifer Lawrence is IEE. creative have this vibe to me that is interesting, there is an openness to them that sort of seems inviting of others to be themselves but then you hit a personal boundary or can feel it. Miley lacks that and, despite her tongue yolo bangerz movement, in interviews and such she has a more formal conducting vibe that I see in Exxj. I'm leaning EIE for her though as she seems Beta and it's not easy at all seeing her as a caregiver or as focused on small mundane things like ESEs are in my experience. Seems very much big picture focused too. Her being EIE- could make sense as to how people are thinking SEE for her, as they're HA. Her current image of a yolo chick who does what she wants (which is clearly constructed or seems wannabe to me) makes her seem to people.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Yeah, you are right although the lovely Jennifer Lawrence is IEE. creative have this vibe to me that is interesting, there is an openness to them that sort of seems inviting of others to be themselves but then you hit a personal boundary or can feel it. Miley lacks that and, despite her tongue yolo bangerz movement, in interviews and such she has a more formal conducting vibe that I see in Exxj. I'm leaning EIE for her though as she seems Beta and it's not easy at all seeing her as a caregiver or as focused on small mundane things like ESEs are in my experience. Seems very much big picture focused too. Her being EIE- could make sense as to how people are thinking SEE for her, as they're HA. Her current image of a yolo chick who does what she wants (which is clearly constructed or seems wannabe to me) makes her seem to people.
    True enough.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    I don't know how anyone could think Fi valuing after this video. That definitely looks like Fe, and Jonathan ross seems Gamma NT just based on the clip. I'd say she appears ESE here and honestly I'd guess that her younger years are a better representation of her type than the form she's in now. Even so, I've known ESEs with that wild party girl mentality.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't mind Miley, Ke$ha or Snooki, the music and style are awful, but they are entertaining and quite lovable. And none of these girls are ESE's. No matter how contrived their image is, ESE's would rather kill themselves than look like this, even when they are wild party girls.

I happen to think that her crazy stage is more of a reflection of her true self than her Hannah Montana days, as I've always seen a rebellious spirit in her even when she was supposed to be a well-behaved Disney girl. but one could argue otherwise ofc.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think SEE...but now I am leaning towards IEE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE imo.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whole argument for ESE was thin at best, now I'm thinking SEE/ EIE.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE or EIE and we'd probably have to know her personally to figure it out..celebrities' public persona is manufactured and often differs from their private one.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about this the other day and honestly, I hate to say it but I could see EIE now.. it makes sense that she's trying to be all badass but it comes off pretty contrived and obvious that she's not really hard at all... And yeah I do see Fe, but moreso her Exxj vs Exxp -ness... she seems like she's on all the time, rather than scattered.

It's like when I was confused (or still confused) between SEE & EIE.. but god I don't want to be her identical

Johari
    Nohari

more like SLE?

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I was thinking about this the other day and honestly, I hate to say it but I could see EIE now.. it makes sense that she's trying to be all badass but it comes off pretty contrived and obvious that she's not really hard at all... And yeah I do see Fe, but moreso her Exxj vs Exxp -ness... she seems like she's on all the time, rather than scattered.

It's like when I was confused (or still confused) between SEE & EIE.. but god I don't want to be her identical
    she does seem kind of like you.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    she does seem kind of like you.
    Lmao SCREW YOU

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Lmao SCREW YOU
    I knew you would have that reaction because of your reaction to me posting her song in the sx/so thread. I was waiting for it.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

P

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    celebrities' public persona is manufactured and often differs from their private one.
    there is no thing as "public persona". there are bad skills in typing

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've managed to avoid watching anything related to miley cyrus up until now. She is my complete opposite in every imaginable way. I think I just lost a few brain cells.
    Last edited by Muddy; 09-05-2015 at 09:19 AM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I don't mind Miley, Ke$ha or Snooki, the music and style are awful, but they are entertaining and quite lovable. And none of these girls are ESE's. No matter how contrived their image is, ESE's would rather kill themselves than look like this, even when they are wild party girls....

Interesting point. I realize that ALL of the ESEs I know can party, and sometimes hard. They don't seem to tire of socializing; they just get more invigorated and in their element. But none of them would be seen in an outfit like this... which does make me wonder if she is SEE, as, SEEs I know will dress outrageously at times (not all the time). Its attention-seeking, for sure. (and they are not outrageous/annoying/cloying in their attention-seeking. They would be self-possessed and amused at reactions, wearing this*). The EIEs I know do dwell absolutely charmingly in the center of attention, but also I could not imagine any of them in such an outfit -- unless it was a costume party and they had an excuse (dressing up as Miley, i.e., then they woudl do it with confidence and flair!). *Oh! And that makes me realize -- *Miley's outfit looks like a hilarious breast-cancer awareness outfit! I wonder if its for such an event? That would make it less outrageous that it appears...

P.S. I did not watch the videos.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Interesting point. I realize that ALL of the ESEs I know can party, and sometimes hard. They don't seem to tire of socializing; they just get more invigorated and in their element. But none of them would be seen in an outfit like this... which does make me wonder if she is SEE, as, SEEs I know will dress outrageously at times (not all the time). Its attention-seeking, for sure. (and they are not outrageous/annoying/cloying in their attention-seeking. They would be self-possessed and amused at reactions, wearing this*). The EIEs I know do dwell absolutely charmingly in the center of attention, but also I could not imagine any of them in such an outfit -- unless it was a costume party and they had an excuse (dressing up as Miley, i.e., then they woudl do it with confidence and flair!). *Oh! And that makes me realize -- *Miley's outfit looks like a hilarious breast-cancer awareness outfit! I wonder if its for such an event? That would make it less outrageous that it appears...

P.S. I did not watch the videos.
    Yup, completely agree with everything you said. Miley is Se dom as hell (SEE imo).

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE - so/sx
    Last edited by lynn; 05-14-2021 at 11:10 PM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Miley Cyrus - INFP, Iesinin

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE 7 sx/so

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sle

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miley Cyrus - ISFP - Dumas (The beneficiary of Dostoyevsky)

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast