Page 139 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,560 of 6486

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You know, regardless of type, I find it intrusive and disrespectful to respond to my post with random racist assertions (that have NOTHING to do with what I wrote), to tell me I am basically deluded, to tell me I live by the standards of others, and to slut-shame me. And then have the nerve to say "I care."
    I understand that he's acting ands being very contradictory. However, you are misunderstanding him.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was having a hard time following this until I found this (original post apparently deleted): "Blacks and Whites were created differently, it's called evolution, I don't mean that to be racist just that we look for different things and it's wrong to impose one way of living (genetics) on another (genetics) true live and let live means it's OK, right?" Yikes - that poster - that's exactly racist what he said. Wow. That's the most racist thing I have read here yet. He/she needs to brush up a bit on" what is racist", and perhaps come to an understanding of why most civilized people find racism so intolerable. Does education help someone who thinks like that? I like to think so. Perhaps the poster grew up in a narrow one-culture place.

It seems to me that cultural differences, which are sometimes inherent in interracial relationships, can pose a challenge, and can be a serious stumbling block if the two are not well-matched. Yet, cultural difference is also extremely common among people of the same race. I often wonder what challenges one ancestor couple I know of experienced. I do not have any writings or stories, so I can only wonder. My grandfather passed long before I wondered such things, so I can't ask him. The one who is my namesake was from England, and his brother somewhat famous, both in his time and now. His brother's accomplishments would have put the family in the eye of higher society, while that family of origin was of working middle class of origin. So perhaps they were desirous of being upwardly mobile. Just guessing. But the following makes me wonder. When this ancestor's wife died young, he married the children's French tutor - my ancestor. The two emigrated to Canada - Toronto to be exact. The husband was the only one of his family to emigrate, so, I wonder if non-acceptance in England was the reason for re-locating to the "New World" - where prejudice might not reign. (They had plenty more children in Canada, and I am related to one of those, who moved onto south Jersey/Philly area...).
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I understand that he's acting ands being very contradictory. However, you are misunderstanding him.
    Don't excuse disrespectful behavior by attributing it to type, Maritsa. Not here, but more importantly, not in your life off the forum.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a yes type of person, I rarely turn people away when the need something. But, when I do say no, it feels like the people Im saying no to get 10x more offended than they would if I wasnt that yes type of person. Maybe thats just me, because it feels so unnatural and I feel this horrid pressure to say yes. Usually when someone asks me to do something and I say no, its because ive reached a 'breaking point' and when they ask why I wont, I have no better reasoning than, 'I dont feel like it.' Which makes me feel like a crap person and a bit stupid.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Keep it pure, ladies. The patriarchy likes you that way.
    People which want good long relations and good families will like you that way. Same behavior requirements are for men, also. Those who had many short sexual relations are doubtful to be able to have deep and long feelings, and hence to be good wife and mother. They cheat, break families, leave children and are bad in family relations.
    For women the requirements are some more exigent because they born children and noone wants to rise children from other man. Especially from random ones, with doubtful morality and other traits. Also women are more fragile to loose fertility because of veneral diseases. Women need to deal with home duties more than men and can do it better, - they are biologically limited by pregnancy, need to care about children in their first years, psychologically better for this - so men deal with out-of-home duties while women deal with children and home. All this is better done in good and stable family relations what is doubtful to await from women with promiscuity inclinations.
    So bs about big and irrational difference in requirements for different sexes in this question leave to radical feminism idiocy. The difference is lesser and the requirements have reasonable basis. While radical feminism has the aim to break instutute of families (to reduce birth rate, for example) and supports ideological basis for this. There is no patriarchy, there is just effective system of social relations wich was supported by natural needs of both sexes. A little outdated (as women don't born children as in past), but still actual.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    People which want good long relations and good families will like you that way. Same behavior requirements are for men, also. Those who had many short sexual relations are doubtful to be able to have deep and long feelings, and hence to be good wife and mother. They cheat, break families, leave children and are bad in family relations.
    For women the requirements are some more exigent because they born children and noone wants to rise children from other man. Especially from random ones, with doubtful morality and other traits. Also women are more fragile to loose fertility because of veneral diseases. Women need to deal with home duties more than men and can do it better, - they are biologically limited by pregnancy, need to care about children in their first years, psychologically better for this - so men deal with out-of-home duties while women deal with children and home. All this is better done in good and stable family relations what is doubtful to await from women with promiscuity inclinations.
    So bs about big and irrational difference in requirements for different sexes in this question leave to radical feminism idiocy. The difference is lesser and the requirements have reasonable basis. While radical feminism has the aim to break instutute of families (to reduce birth rate, for example) and supports ideological basis for this. There is no patriarchy, there is just effective system of social relations wich was supported by natural needs of both sexes. A little outdated (as women don't born children as in past), but still actual.
    Step away from the misogynist.

Ironically, I had a long-term partner who, when younger, had a lot of different sexual partners. But in committed relationships, he is always always always loyal and faithful. When he is in love with someone, he only sees that person. And if the woman has health issues and can't have sex or doesn't want it, he does not moan and complain and he certainly does not look elsewhere.

You know, funny, I was cheated on a few times in my life - always by partners with very few (if any) sexual partners before me. Go figure.
    I don't care what statistics say - I am looking at the person in front of me and how he treats and respects me. And if someone does not want me because I had more than three sexual partners and the statistics say I am not going to be able to fulfill my wifely duties, I would say I really dodged a bullet.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever do you mean, @Kim? Russia with their happy traditional family model and perpetual decrease in population growth, the alcoholism rate due to citizen's ultimate satisfaction, their virginal women and AIDS epidemic, hard working men and plummeting down economy - this is the beacon of hope for us all! Dare you claim it does not work? As long as we manage to subdue our idiocy feminism, we can get there!
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malna View Post
    Whatever do you mean, @Kim? Russia with their happy traditional family model and perpetual decrease in population growth, the alcoholism rate due to citizen's ultimate satisfaction, their virginal women and AIDS epidemic, hard working men and plummeting down economy - this is the beacon of hope for us all! Dare you claim it does not work? As long as we manage to subdue our idiocy feminism, we can get there!
    Delta feminists, unite!
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We went wine tasting at the Malibu Wine

me, my IEE cousin, her ESE mom, and at the other end is my ESI cousin

I love my IEE cousin. My IEE cousin and I have the same social values. We don't believe that having victory over someone is the way to get a mate and hold them. We believe in meant to be and loyalty to the people we choose to be with. Both of us are also very faithful to our religion.

oh I didn't notice how much I look like the filatova sketches @Sol will say it's "heresy" lol
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-02-2016 at 04:05 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I didn't notice how much I look like the filatova sketches
    The more important you don't have behavior like EII in Filatova's and other descriptions. And your nonverbal behavior don't give impressions common for EII. While Filatova's sketches mean almost nothing and using them as argument is bs, not even heresy. Better compare yourself with real people with EII type.
    And to say you look similar to Filatova's picture of EII needs very good fantasy. I also don't find that strange sketch reminding kind, cute and gentle EII women.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The more important you don't have behavior like EII in Filatova's and other descriptions. And your nonverbal behavior don't give impressions common for EII. While Filatova's sketches mean almost nothing and using them as argument is bs, not even heresy. Better compare yourself with real people with EII type.
    yes i do you just don't perceive correctly

I'm guessing (more like using my intuition) because you've never seen an EII interact in writing is the reason why

Is using her VI photos bs too?

you seem to be having a lot of trouble identifying EII why don't you take this picture and give it to another Socionics colleague and examine it
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Especially about what happened between Maritsa and Sol
    I said that doubt in EII for her several years ago, after her video. Nothing new. Also nothing special, as I doubt or disagree with types of many ones here. Some of them think themselves as EII (persona, malna, ..) still.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I know I'm nothing and newbie here. I apologize. But if you wish, now, let's flip the logic, and make a contra-flow statement.
    Is there any forum member here, who you're sure about his/her EII-ness? And why you didn't doubt about their EII-ness?
    Yes he thinks summerprincess is EII. She also is not personable and she violent games and a lot about her says she Values Fe but @Sol doesn't know how to type and keeps pushing and insisting that she's EII
    -

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes he thinks summerprincess is EII. She also is not personable and she violent games and a lot about her says she Values Fe but @Sol doesn't know how to type and keeps pushing and insisting that she's EII
    Hahaha I don't even know anymore. Typing is fun and a fun hobby but it's not scientific and it's subjective so I think our perceptions of our type can evolve over time. Though I still think I am IEI ... but who knows

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    it's not scientific and it's subjective so I think our perceptions of our type can evolve over time
    I know several cases when people changed opinions about their types. Mostly they were novices. Sometimes not. The most known is Dmitry Lytov - the author of socioniko.net - he thought his type as ILE, researched the typology, made publications and after several years has decided his type as LII.
    I know several cases of wrong selftyping among people which are practitioners in Socionics: Bukalov (not ILE, introvert), Protskij (not LSI, LII), Tangemann (not ESI, EIE), Sayenko (not SLE, SEE). They may change the opinions sometimes. Among people without regular practice in the typology the % of mistakes is higher, - on forums may to be > 50% of mistyped ones.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I know several cases when people changed opinions about their types. Mostly they were novices. Sometimes not. The most known is Dmitry Lytov - the author of socioniko.net - he thought his type as ILE, researched the typology, made publications and after several years has decided his type as LII.
    I know several cases of wrong selftyping among people which are practitioners in Socionics: Bukalov (not ILE, introvert), Protskij (not LSI, LII), Tangemann (not ESI, EIE), Sayenko (not SLE, SEE). They may change the opinions sometimes. Among people without regular practice in the typology the % of mistakes is higher, - on forums may to be > 50% of mistyped ones.
    I'm EII. Even Jesus came to me and with the Holy Ghost they spoke with me about my type and it was interesting lol
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There's a lot of better people who expert in Socionics here.
    On this forum people share subjective opinions mostly. I doubt we may say someone as expert until all these experts have typing match <50% and no one has objective proof about good typing skills.
    When you think and share _your_ opinion, based on your experience - you do what this forum was made for.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I felt guilty when I posted my opinion about Socionics, and decided to erasing all my posts, and do a self-ban.
    But then, I felt more guilty when I really left this forum, so I decided to go back here, and,

I apologize if any of my word or everything which I type here maybe not always being correct.
    I only tried to give an opinion and answer every question based on my perspective.
    So, I apologize if potential of wrong statement from me is still possible.

Just take everything which I type here as a opinion, not a fact,
    There's a lot of better people who expert in Socionics here.

Thank you for let me back to this forum again. I apologize. ~
    Andreas you're very thoughtful and sweet and your English is getting much better. It's a delight to have you here
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Meh. #Iwantmymom
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. #Iwantmymom
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Thank you!
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hello, I am really an EII.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Hello, I am really an EII.
    Where is your elegant chin?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I am really an EII

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Health crisis averted. Phew...
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Health crisis averted. Phew...
    That is good to hear.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Compassion is a funny thing.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also, for the first time ever, I had a date with a fellow IEE. It was 13 hours (we had only planned to meet for dinner and ended up hanging out until 6am) of spontaneously doing fun things, eating great food, trying fun stuff, randomly walking around the city, staying up all night drinking coffee on the patio, talking about everything under the sun (including embarrassing confessions), feeling entirely non-embarrassed spilling coffee all over me because I am a ditz, lots of "you want to do a?" - "YES!" - "But we could also do b?" - "BOTH!!" - "OK!!! ." And feeling just feeling super-comfortable and at ease with each other. Never knew IEEs are that much fun.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also, for the first time ever, I had a date with a fellow IEE. It was 13 hours (we had only planned to meet for dinner and ended up hanging out until 6am) of spontaneously doing fun things, eating great food, trying fun stuff, randomly walking around the city, staying up all night drinking coffee on the patio, talking about everything under the sun (including embarrassing confessions), feeling entirely non-embarrassed spilling coffee all over me because I am a ditz, lots of "you want to do a?" - "YES!" - "But we could also do b?" - "BOTH!!" - "OK!!! ." And feeling just feeling super-comfortable and at ease with each other. Never knew IEEs are that much fun.
    Please come let's take my IEE friend out
    -

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kim, best company I've had in a long time was a Ne-IEE; I'm a Fi subtype but obviously we're extremely alike and being with her, weirdly made me appreciate myself more.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went out to capture a recording of my little bantam's first egg song, but she had other ideas.

Later I roasted some peppers for a salsa, got a bunch of the oils in my eye and up my nose, then proceeded to burned the entire batch. Only a little could be salvaged. It's kinda funny...now...but such a waste of yumminess.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I went out to capture a recording of my little bantam's first egg song, but she had other ideas...
    I just want to say I love your chickens. I want chickens. I just can't commit to chicken-keeping right now, but I aspire to keep them eventually. Meanwhile my husband says I am not satisfied with an egg unless I lay it myself. I drive 5 miles to buy mine from a local farm (I am seeking farm eggs closer to me; I just don't know my area well enough yet).

I also think your thick, blond, wavy hair is lovely, and I would love to have that, too!
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I also think your thick, blond, wavy hair is lovely, and I would love to have that, too!
    you also will need a wind to match it and a couple of chickens on it

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to say I love your chickens. I want chickens. I just can't commit to chicken-keeping right now, but I aspire to keep them eventually. Meanwhile my husband says I am not satisfied with an egg unless I lay it myself. I drive 5 miles to buy mine from a local farm (I am seeking farm eggs closer to me; I just don't know my area well enough yet).

It took me years to finally make the decision to just do it. We aren't allowed chickens in the area I live. They say that if we want chickens we should move to to the city (which allows them). But I have been spending $7/dzn for pastured local eggs AND upon seeing all the weeds in my garden after two years of unable to work on it, AND being unable to walk in yard cuz of so many slugs, I finally decided to do it.

I started out with fertilized eggs from a friend, so I could learn about chickens from the ground up. They have been totally worth it. They have removed most of my weeds, majority of my slugs spiders and bugs, and are funny to watch and interact with. And avg 4 eggs a day, just right for us. They don't really require much work after the initial setup, surprisingly. And they helped pull me completely out of my deep depression by forcing me to get up and care for and interact with them. I don't regret them.

Thanks for the hair comment. It used to be a gorgeous coppery gold, but is now mousey brown with tons of white hair. It also only looks thick anymore because of the curl and dry/split ends.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That video made me laugh, Ann.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    It took me years to finally make the decision to just do it. We aren't allowed chickens in the area I live. They say that if we want chickens we should move to to the city (which allows them). But I have been spending $7/dzn for pastured local eggs AND upon seeing all the weeds in my garden after two years of unable to work on it, AND being unable to walk in yard cuz of so many slugs, I finally decided to do it.

I started out with fertilized eggs from a friend, so I could learn about chickens from the ground up. They have been totally worth it. They have removed most of my weeds, majority of my slugs spiders and bugs, and are funny to watch and interact with. And avg 4 eggs a day, just right for us. They don't really require much work after the initial setup, surprisingly. And they helped pull me completely out of my deep depression by forcing me to get up and care for and interact with them. I don't regret them.

Thanks for the hair comment. It used to be a gorgeous coppery gold, but is now mousey brown with tons of white hair. It also only looks thick anymore because of the curl and dry/split ends.
    Thanks for answering and sorry it took me so long to get back. I am in the thick of starting up some new things and finishing up some old things (nothing so interesting as keeping chickens!). I am also doing time-consuming tidying, culling, organizing of STUFF because makign progress there helps me feel unstuck. Sometimes I get stuck trying to move forward...

I am pretty sure we can keep chickens here - because a neighbor a few doors down kept goats for awhile. I enjoyed their bleating. Also, at the end of our dead-end street is a farm with cows. At any rate I can't do it this year. I am wondering how you got away with raising chickens - did they change the ordinance? If we had such an ordinance I might try it any way - as long as I could be sue my neighbors wouldn't complain. If you don't keep a rooster, that helps. Because it woudl be a bummer to have someone report you and you have to give up your chickens. But I assume you have that under control.

I did not know they killed slugs and spiders! I like that! Sounds like a reasonable number of eggs! The place 5 miles from here sells them for $5 a dozen. They are reliably always in stock for fresh eggs. Some other places sell them for $4 and $3, but they are in the other direction and only sometimes have eggs (smaller operations that have a table, a cooler, and self-serve)..

I am not seeing mousy in your hair, and it looks good. I am a bit ahead of you in the gray mix. But its true that before 30s haircolor is the loveliest. Real rich color! Lovely in any color. Its my time to admire that instead of be admired.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for answering and sorry it took me so long to get back. I am in the thick of starting up some new things and finishing up some old things (nothing so interesting as keeping chickens!). I am also doing time-consuming tidying, culling, organizing of STUFF because makign progress there helps me feel unstuck. Sometimes I get stuck trying to move forward...
    I've been doing that for years, lol. This year I am waiting until the rains and winter are here before working on inside stuff. Right now we are in a mad rush to build a shed, some stairs, clear the deck, and finish winterizing the coop. I was going to just buy a shed, but R thought it would be cheaper and just as easy to build one. Cheaper yes, easier no.

I am pretty sure we can keep chickens here - because a neighbor a few doors down kept goats for awhile. I enjoyed their bleating. Also, at the end of our dead-end street is a farm with cows. At any rate I can't do it this year. I am wondering how you got away with raising chickens - did they change the ordinance? If we had such an ordinance I might try it any way - as long as I could be sue my neighbors wouldn't complain. If you don't keep a rooster, that helps. Because it woudl be a bummer to have someone report you and you have to give up your chickens. But I assume you have that under control.
    I know a few people here have chickens despite the ordinances. I asked my neighbors first. They were all surprisingly supportive. One didn't even let me finish my question before telling me to 'go for it, we are in the country and the rules against chickens were dumb'. Another neighbor offered to contact her father who was selling off some chickens and supplies.

If I do have to get rid of them, R has enjoyed them enough that we might move. Or I would harvest all but lil Fae (star of video) who is more like a pet to us. She'd become a house chicken. And then we would look at moving eventually.

I'm not seeing mousy in your hair, and it looks good. I am a bit ahead of you in the gray mix. But its true that before 30s haircolor is the loveliest. Real rich color! Lovely in any color. Its my time to admire that instead of be admired.
    lol, yeah, same.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need advice (I'm posting this in Delta Lounge, but only because I don't want to make a whole new thread, so non-Deltas are welcome to add their 2c):

It's my birthday Saturday. Normally I'm not huge into making a big deal about it, and this year isn't too different. Making a big deal means I have to put in work to plan / host something, plus it puts me at the center of attention. I'd rather be relaxed and enjoy.

Here are my current options for things I could do:
    - Sailing (probably not going to happen, both because the person organizing the potential event is um not the best organizer and because it might rain)
    - Oktober Fest outing, organized by a friend and celebrating his return from traveling abroad (I don't like beer and this friend tends to enjoy Se)
    - A pirate party, put on by low-key geeky friends (I have no pirate gear. This could be relaxed, but it might be hard to include people outside that social circle, e.g. my sister)
    - Two dinner / evening events celebrating two separate friends' birthdays (Pros: pre-made celebration. Cons: meh.)
    - Dinner at some mid-scale restaurant with whoever of my family and friends can make it at this short notice (this could work, though I'm hesitant to make people pay to celebrate with me)
    - Sleep in and do absolutely nothing all day / have it be a normal Saturday / hide from everyone.
    - Try to hunt down something artistic / cultural to enjoy that doesn't cost too much (again, not a fan of making people pay to celebrate little ol' me)

I need help deciding what to do; I'm caught in decision limbo. I'll take suggestions on additional options, too.

Edit: Yes, I know this is somewhat pathetic.
    Last edited by Minde; 09-15-2016 at 06:20 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I want eggs @anndelise
    -

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Half-serious suggestion: acquire cake and give it to people to share the "yay!"
    Reason is a whore.