Thread: What do you guys think of alphas?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do you guys think of alphas?

the alpha quadra. what do you think of them? every time ive taken a socionics test ive gotten INTj and everytime ive taken an mbti test when i wasnt cheating i got INTP. I like an INFj. but i like her from afar. and im not ready to date at the moment, even if it was casually but i prefer something more traditional, which is why im waiting on this woman to finish her college and for me to have some money and maturity. also, ps, any tips from INFjs on how to win their heart? im a guy asking about a girl. also, general advice from other deltas will do. EDIT: she lives far away in another state.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

waiting's a tough gamble imo. who knows what could happen in the meantime, other factors (competing suitors...), and if that trajectory of stabilty/growth even comes to be at all. it's already complicated enough with the long distance.

if you don't like this person in their current way of life and fall in love with potential/the future instead, that might be a castle of glass. money helps, though don't treat her and yourself like some projects that need certain properties, accolades, and improvements, it's simply insecure and not reality-based.

if you can sustain it now together without the resources and proximity, it will be easier later. you'll wish you would have said hi back then, most likely. it subtracts from time and "combining forces" together, that is if the relationship is mutual. it all takes time to build anyway, unless it's crash and burn. but normally, it will work itself up either way.

and as for opinions on alpha, they're high energy! i like that, next to how cozy and non-confrontational they prefer to be.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best quadra, sc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

check IR

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harmless, hopeful, mostly good things. But ultimately unsatisfying to me. Although IRL I would never tell. But it might bleed out for them to see, as it does with anything inside us, maybe in my drifting away, physically and psychologically, micro-disapointments?
    ?

Good human beings, democratic, like all the democratic quadras. Less poltical interactions

I've definitely considered I am one over the years.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're goofy, but funny. Imagine, their best ethicist is LII, and their best logician is ESE!

In general, it is perceived as a place where you would like to go on vacation. It is more relaxed, simpler and clearer, more sincere, but in the end it still gets boring and you want to go home.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are waiting for her specifically? Why do you assume she is waiting for you too and won't go out with a guy who is ready to take her out now?
    If you really want to take her specifically out, do it now, you Can't expect her and the world to wait for you. If it is not her specifically but yourself being ready then that is a different thing.
    You don't need to be perfectly prepared and have all the money before you date btw, people can grow and build their lives together.

I like Alpha quadra. The ESE's have always been lovely in my Experience and fun folk. Protective. The ILEs besides my crazy ex seem a funny and well meaning bunch. I haven't met manu LIIs or whom I would assume to be LIIs tho.
    Alpha is probably the second quadra besides my own that I tend to get along with best.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I know a really great LII whom I love to spar with intellectually. He's great. Understand why I disagree with him and even hails my, in his words, insane capacity for linear thinking. He laments how I don't get his conclusions like he does but still can't help but respect my perspectives. He can't tell me how exactly I'm wrong and thus, reluctantly, admits I got a good point. We both agree that the modern world is utterly bonkers though so that helps a ton.

I also know of a conflictor ESE I work with and his heart is in the right place but when I tried to engage with him in regards to pop culture and how I liked something he was watching he utterly missed what I was getting at. just doesn't compute for him the way it does for me. He also emotes way too much when watching his shows in the break room but that's just me.

Like all other things in regards to interpersonal relationships if you can just look at each other as "us" rather than "them" and as ultimately like yourself rather than not agreement becomes possible. Only fools just assume this to be the baseline however. If you approach a random stranger who doesn't even speak your language like one of your own well, not dying is one of the BEST ends you could hope for sadly...

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It only hurts when you get too close but that's also pretty much everyone so it's ok. It's kinda amusing when Alpha SFs unconsciously(?) do or mention things that are very me sometimes lol it's like seeing a small shadow me in them. I think they do that because they naturally accommodate and they seem to absorb other people's quirks easily. They seem to mirror everyone

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well wishing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minus ESE, I get along great with them. Most of what I will say is negative, but consider it as the primary thing that holds it back from being fantastic.

LII- I usually laugh when they burn down a relationship because of how things "should be", I can't count how many times the 2 LII I know have gone ballistic karen on businesses. My LII relative gets on a high horse being the most right, then turns around and shows me all the card info he's collected from the family. It genuinely blows my mind sometimes that they are in fact, LII. I've countlessly reassessed these people and I'm absolutely sure my 2 LII are defective and cannot represent the totality of the LII breed.
    ILE - I understand relations of supervision can be rough, so I do my best to be accommodating. usually the only times I have issues is when they give someone info who doesn't have the right clearance, but I let it slide if it's not too important
    SEI - very fun, can goof with, and go full smarta**. As long as it stays equal, I'm usually fine. The 2 SEI I've got breath down my neck to do stuff, and so I minimize my exposure so I don't get worn out.
    ESE - ive met some who made me wonder whether mirage relationship would be good, but I walk into the work office and my coworker exhaled and I'm 90% sure she exhaled just to piss me off. Basic conversation is insufferable, unteachable, nothing I say ever makes sense. What's worse is this ESE deliberately throws fire into the flames. I do my best but its really hard to get along. As long as we're hanging out, it's very pleasant.
    Last edited by Warmpolar; 10-15-2023 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Small typo

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who isn’t happy to be apart of the Alpha Quadrant? I’ve always enjoyed being around other Alphas. I think our democratic nature makes us very fair.

The common opinion that other types have on us appear to be well-meaning and inoffensive, but not very practical. I’ve been referred to as naive as one of the more reserved types in the group, and I believe that wouldn’t be an uncommon assumption to make of Alphas in general. The better representation of our Quadrant comes from the Alpha SFs in my opinion. They’re friendly and generous but they aren’t bad at .

Alphas may appear flaky or “vapor” to some, lacking depth. They can also appear curious and “silly” in behavior. In general someone would feel comfortable around Alphas but probably wouldn’t get much done.

TIM
    Allegory
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alphas are cute. Sometimes I cook and pull weeds for one that's a senior citizen. There was an SEI guy I liked, but it turned out he secretly had a girlfriend already. C'est la vie.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Quadra = GOAT

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lighthearted folks, everything is funny or meant to be funny or entertaining. Lifted spirits, laughing, American Sitcom.