Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    4 sx NF
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    Oh my gosh, yes, my SLI is a lot like that and I wuv her.
    You've managed to snag a SLI? You lucky dog

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    You've managed to snag a SLI? You lucky dog
    Yeah, I don't even know how I did. But I do feel lucky.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As an IEE 7wsomething I am perfectly entitled to quit my job without another job lined up and drive into a Southern sunset with a suitcase and two elderly dogs for greener pastures, right? Pretty please???
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    As an IEE 7wsomething I am perfectly entitled to quit my job without another job lined up and drive into a Southern sunset with a suitcase and two elderly dogs for greener pastures, right? Pretty please???
    If you can afford it, go for it. Working is miserable.
    As a goatherd learns his trade by goat, so a writer learns his trade by wrote.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    If you can afford it, go for it. Working is miserable.
    I actually really can't afford it. But I am no longer sure financial security is worth being this unhappy...and I don't mind working, I just don't want this bloody job anymore...
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually really can't afford it. But I am no longer sure financial security is worth being this unhappy...and I don't mind working, I just don't want this bloody job anymore...
    Believe me, I completely relate to this. Do you have a partner you live with? Do you pay rent/mortgage? Cost of living is generally one's biggest expense. If you can cut that down (without taking a pay cut just as great) that can save you a lot of money, and though it obviously won't keep you from having to work, it might give you leeway to find another job.

Personally, I'm considering living out of my car because I hate struggling to pay for living so much. I don't know if that's for you, and this might not be safe/convenient especially for women, but maybe "alternative" living arrangements are something you might consider?
    As a goatherd learns his trade by goat, so a writer learns his trade by wrote.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Believe me, I completely relate to this. Do you have a partner you live with? Do you pay rent/mortgage? Cost of living is generally one's biggest expense. If you can cut that down (without taking a pay cut just as great) that can save you a lot of money, and though it obviously won't keep you from having to work, it might give you leeway to find another job.

Personally, I'm considering living out of my car because I hate struggling to pay for living so much. I don't know if that's for you, and this might not be safe/convenient especially for women, but maybe "alternative" living arrangements are something you might consider?
    @FreelancePoliceman, your suggestion for minimizing your living expenses so you can reduce your costs reminds me of another LII whom I know.

When I first met this guy, he had a great job, was married with a daughter and lived in a very nice house. Then he went freelance and his wife left him and it was just him and his daughter living in the house, which he didn’t maintain. No repairs, no lawn care, etc. When his daughter left for college, he met a GF and moved in with her and sold his house and stopped working entirely.
    Three years later, he moved out of his GF’s house and bought a small condo and started working again part time. He made the public part of the condo look incredibly beautiful, although the parts hidden from guests were a disorganized mess. A year or two later, he met a new GF and moved in with her and sold the condo.
    When he told me about his latest GF, he said he planned to live with her the rest of his life. Then he cleared his throat in a way that said “Yeah. You and I both know that’s not really gonna happen. Lol.”

He seems to find well-off GF’s with houses and seems to prefer living with them without having his own place, and he works only enough to cover his minimal bills. His life seems to be a perpetual vacation, interspersed with short bursts of freelance work.

His preferences seem to be the opposite of mine. I tend to buy property and never sell, and just figure out how to earn enough to keep it all. I don’t take vacations until I’m exhausted and sick of work, and even then, I prefer that the vacations be “constructive”. I also take a very, very long term view of GF’s, as in, get one and if she’s permanent, then stick with her through thick and thin.

It’s almost as if LII’s and I value completely opposite things.

I wonder what Socionics says about this? Lol.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-05-2020 at 01:48 PM.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange, your stories of LIIs are always so depressing. lol

Cutting expenses is not a viable strategy ever for someone struggling financially. They probably have done that already. Once you map your essential expenses you just need to earn more than that.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    @Adam Strange, your stories of LIIs are always so depressing. lol
    Yes, @COOL AND MANLY, I was thinking the same thing and was going to edit what I said to add in some of the nicer things about the LII and give a more balanced view, but your post gave me an excuse to do that.

For one thing, this LII guy is one of the smartest guys I know, and he is easily able to earn money at the drop of a hat. He's highly respected in his field and is widely known. He's incredibly honest and isn't mean. He remembers people's names. He always has a selection of good coffee ready for guests, and when he decides to decorate a room, I'm jealous of the resutls. I wish it were my room.

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    Cutting expenses is not a viable strategy ever for someone struggling financially. They probably have done that already. Once you map your essential expenses you just need to earn more than that.
    I knew an ILI who worked alone in his shop and didn't like to actually work for other people, he just wanted to do the projects that interested him and basically tell the rest of the world to go pound salt.

This resulted in him not having much money to spend. He decided to save money on his heating bill by turning the thermostat down to 50 degrees. The building (which he lived and slept in) got so cold that he couldn't bring himself to get out of bed, and he wasn't able to work on the few paying projects that he did have.

He later told me that he decided that cutting his expenses this way was going in the wrong direction.

For whatever reason, I sometimes wonder about what would happen if I were cut off from civilization. How would I live? What would that life look like? What would I have to do without?

I own five acres of land (half grass, half trees, a small creek running through it) in the country which could be turned into a solar-powered life support system (a farm) with enough effort, but I'd have a hard time defending it alone against raiders. Same problem faced by serfs in the Middle Ages. And so, we discovered oil and we all specialized and now we find ourselves where we are today.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-05-2020 at 02:38 PM.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feb 14th coming up soon Time to get into Bleu Grinch mode and steal candies from the stores.

In all seriousness though, I don't want to crud on the holiday for those who enjoy it and have someone special.

To look on the bright side, I do partially like to think of it as a day to celebrate friends, family, and the people you value. There are many different definitions of love, and it doesn't have to be dedicated to love in the romantic sense. Just thinking of it that way is narrow-minded. But my negativity ever since last year that has been bubbling up may sound like I'm being hypocritical/doublstandarded.

I know it can just be like any other day... It can be thought of as month before pi day-day. But meh.... for me or some, when you've been out of a relationship for a certain amount of time (and you miss the person more than you should...) It becomes a mile-marker of sorts. Aw well, a day for stuffing one's face with chocolates.
    9w1-2w3-5w4 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic

When you're looking at a raptor-- you are looking at the direct descendants of hunting dinosaurs!

Trouble... and his name is black mamba. That's the type of lunch surprise you don't want to find in your lunch bag...

unless of course, you're a hunterbird. The mamba can't get a bite on his skinny legs! Plus, they're covered in hard scales that protect him from the fangs and there are talons on the feel.The hunterbird uses those talons to stomp snakes.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can always find a good reason for chocolate. Amen to that.

TIM
    4 sx NF
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quitting jobs without another job lined up, sounds familiar...

TIM
    4 sx NF
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Froody Blue Gem View Post
    Feb 14th coming up soon Time to get into Bleu Grinch mode and steal candies from the stores.

In all seriousness though, I don't want to crud on the holiday for those who enjoy it and have someone special.

To look on the bright side, I do partially like to think of it as a day to celebrate friends, family, and the people you value. There are many different definitions of love, and it doesn't have to be dedicated to love in the romantic sense. Just thinking of it that way is narrow-minded. But my negativity ever since last year that has been bubbling up may sound like I'm being hypocritical/doublstandarded.

I know it can just be like any other day... It can be thought of as month before pi day-day. But meh.... for me or some, when you've been out of a relationship for a certain amount of time (and you miss the person more than you should...) It becomes a mile-marker of sorts. Aw well, a day for stuffing one's face with chocolates.
    I agree that it doesn't have to be romantic and it can be used to represent love for friends and family as well. Valentine's Day actually reminds me a lot of my sister for many different reasons. I think of her more than I wish for a dude during this time of year.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that it doesn't have to be romantic and it can be used to represent love for friends and family as well. Valentine's Day actually reminds me a lot of my sister for many different reasons. I think of her more than I wish for a dude during this time of year.
    One other positive thing about it is it's my music teacher's birthday, so I like that aspect of it. It's a mixed bag more than being purely bad or purely good but the ups are very high and the downs are very low for me.

That is very nice that it is a sister day for you. I make things for my sister and family too on Valentines day.
    9w1-2w3-5w4 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic

When you're looking at a raptor-- you are looking at the direct descendants of hunting dinosaurs!

Trouble... and his name is black mamba. That's the type of lunch surprise you don't want to find in your lunch bag...

unless of course, you're a hunterbird. The mamba can't get a bite on his skinny legs! Plus, they're covered in hard scales that protect him from the fangs and there are talons on the feel.The hunterbird uses those talons to stomp snakes.

TIM
    4 sx NF
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*image edited out*
    rainbow heart bracelet i'm wearing at the moment, belonged to sister (i'm sick in bed)
    Last edited by bouncingoffclouds; 02-11-2020 at 03:33 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh... actually I like that idea. Making things for my family on Valentine’s, I mean. Guess I never thought about it but it sounds like it could be nice.

I am worried I pissed off my sister today, speaking of. I recently got really good news and told her, after which she said she wanted to throw me a party. I told her I did not want a party. Next thing I knew, she sent out a group text (she accidentally added me to it) asking everyone to come over for a surprise party. I lost it. Like I clearly told you I did not want one (“because I think you should have one, you should be happy.”) ahhhhhh

TIM
    4 sx NF
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, that sounds annoying Rem, is it still going to go on? Could turn out fun, but I mean, it should be what you really want rather than what someone thinks you need. Congrats on whatever it is btw!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, that sounds annoying Rem, is it still going to go on? Could turn out fun, but I mean, it should be what you really want rather than what someone thinks you need. Congrats on whatever it is btw!
    It is mildly annoying. It did turn out fun, sure, but it wasn’t really the party itself that was the issue. Just feel disrespected on some level.

But thanks for that, clouds!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so my LSE friend seems to, not all the time, but definetely, talk more about his problems late at night. Problems at work, problems about life in general. And before I thought maybe this is his Fi leaking out or something. Idk what it is. But I have noticed that it is wanting a certain response that seems Fi seeking, quite literally. Like he's ranted to me about work and when I saw his situation and agreed with him that it was pretty ridiculous, his response was "Thanks for listening so I don't feel like I'm crazy for being the only one to think that." Like he seems to be seeking for an understanding or sympathetic ear. My issue is, I can only go so far with sympathy, because deep sympathy is bonding and leads to affection. He seems to have a need for a greater sympathy I'm comfortable giving to another man. The same kinda sympathy I naturally gave to an ILI I was in a relationship with, which was major part of the bonding and affection between us. So idk, I think he needs some EII girl around cuz she'll give him whats too uncomfortable for me to give lol. I just feel this natural pull from him to want more sympathy than I'm willing to give because than it starts feeling like I'm expected to give him hug and kiss on the forehead, and then I'm like, I am a boy Damon!lol. While with a girl I got no chance against that pull.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Ok so my LSE friend seems to, not all the time, but definetely, talk more about his problems late at night. Problems at work, problems about life in general. And before I thought maybe this is his Fi leaking out or something. Idk what it is. But I have noticed that it is wanting a certain response that seems Fi seeking, quite literally. Like he's ranted to me about work and when I saw his situation and agreed with him that it was pretty ridiculous, his response was "Thanks for listening so I don't feel like I'm crazy for being the only one to think that." Like he seems to be seeking for an understanding or sympathetic ear. My issue is, I can only go so far with sympathy, because deep sympathy is bonding and leads to affection. He seems to have a need for a greater sympathy I'm comfortable giving to another man. The same kinda sympathy I naturally gave to an ILI I was in a relationship with, which was major part of the bonding and affection between us. So idk, I think he needs some EII girl around cuz she'll give him whats too uncomfortable for me to give lol. I just feel this natural pull from him to want more sympathy than I'm willing to give because than it starts feeling like I'm expected to give him hug and kiss on the forehead, and then I'm like, I am a boy Damon!lol. While with a girl I got no chance against that pull.
    My dad has a saying, "The need is not the call."
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()

"Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

"Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue." - Francis Thompson

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like he's ranted to me about work and when I saw his situation and agreed with him that it was pretty ridiculous, his response was “Thanks for listening so I don't feel like I'm crazy for being the only one to think that." [...] My issue is, I can only go so far with sympathy, because deep sympathy is bonding and leads to affection. [...] I just feel this natural pull from him to want more sympathy than I'm willing to give because than it starts feeling like I'm expected to give him hug and kiss on the forehead, and then I'm like, I am a boy Damon!lol. While with a girl I got no chance against that pull.
    It is nice to feel in a safe space... I know I do that a lot - wanting confirmation that others feel the same way on the inside as I do.

I can just envision this whole conversation lol.

TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been obsessing over Dark Crystal and to a lesser extent, Labyrinth. (In case of the Dark Crystal especially the Skeksis. Those murderbirbs have a fascinating culture, and the whole thing with their relation the the urRu/counterparts.) I've been meaning to see Age of Resistance but only had seen the first episode because I don't have Netflix and had been going over someone else's house who does. It had to be a slow binge because I don't want to be a freeloader. They managed to capture the fantasy with a hint of scifi, Jim Henson feel.

*Never seen full series, le gasp, not a true fan!*

I got a lot of spoilers thanks to the internet though.

I have found that at least some of the episodes are up on line now. I won't be surprised if it was available sooner than I was aware, but I was keeping myself busy with other shows rather than moping and doping around. Huzzah, can finally binge, for free, and probably much to the dismay of Netlix and the Henson company that yet another person is watching their content and getting away with not paying. Arghhh matey.

Last edited by Froody Blue Gem; 02-15-2020 at 10:30 PM.
    9w1-2w3-5w4 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm about to leave from the state I'm living in and move back home. I'm contemplating whether I should take one last chance and just tell this LSE girl how I feel, I don't know how she's gonna respond, I'm leaving anyway so rejection/embarassment or not I guess I have some kind of escape, thoughts on how this might go? Bad idea good idea? Am I an idiot or is it about time?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    797 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So I'm about to leave from the state I'm living in and move back home. I'm contemplating whether I should take one last chance and just tell this LSE girl how I feel, I don't know how she's gonna respond, I'm leaving anyway so rejection/embarassment or not I guess I have some kind of escape, thoughts on how this might go? Bad idea good idea? Am I an idiot or is it about time?
    If you tell her, I'm sure you'll learn something. So, good idea.

Too bad you're leaving the area no matter what. I think it takes a Te-dom a while to get things through that dense skull. A Te-dom needs time to logically consider all the ways that the person is going to fit into their life, and vice-versa. The only time I rapidly closed the distance with a female was when I was drunk and she was horny.

My LII sister lured her LSE husband away from his previous wife and family, but he wasn't happy in that previous marriage and it took months for her to do it. (Hint: She used lots and lots of sex. A Caregiver-Infantile thing, I guess.)

That was years ago. They are still together.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Froody Blue Gem: murderbirbs! I liked the Age of Resistance, the urRu thing is interesting.

TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remiges View Post
    @Froody Blue Gem: murderbirbs! I liked the Age of Resistance, the urRu thing is interesting.
    xD Am still on the first few episodes but as I said, I've gotten spoilers.

I'm liking the Deet and Hup plotline.

Yes, I do like the forbidden thing between The Heretic and The Wanderer. How the dark and the light in a sense complete each other, but a lot of the Skeksis are very fargone. The mystics/urRu are wise, but they are also quite passive and don't take an active role in the world. As it comes together and unfolds, it becomes clear how the original film and the state of things then came to be.

It's like an overarching story and the original is pretty underrated, or it least it was when it came out.
    9w1-2w3-5w4 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic