Page 153 of 155 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,120 of 6176

Thread: Delta Lounge

  1. #6081

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,310
    Mentioned
    931 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    How is it that when I go to a coffee shop and get a coffee it taste completely different than when I make it at home?
    different coffee. for testing you could be given other product or its better variant

    different method of its making. you may ask the details and recommendations at that shop. being specialized on that product they may know how to prepare it better

    also possible different state of your taste receptors. at home you could to eat something recently before and that affected your receptors, while when you are in a shop there was a significant time after other meal. also the different air, physical load, psyche state - may influence on how you feel a taste. for example, if you'll eat on air, not inside of your home, after a physical work on the air when you were tired - then you may feel some meal a little differently.
    Last edited by Sol; 04-10-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  2. #6082
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    different coffee. for testing you could be given other product or its better variant

    different method of its making. you may ask the details and recommendations at that shop. being specialized on that product they may know how to prepare it better

    also possible different state of your taste receptors. at home you could to eat something recently before and that affected your receptors, while when you are in a shop there was a significant time before other meal. also the different air, physical load, psyche state - may influence on how you feel a taste. for example, if you'll eat on air, not inside of your home, after a physical work on the air when you were tired - then you may feel some meal a little differently.
    Thank you sol
    I will ask them and be more mindful of the environment around me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  3. #6083
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    different coffee. for testing you could be given other product or its better variant

    different method of its making. you may ask the details and recommendations at that shop. being specialized on that product they may know how to prepare it better

    also possible different state of your taste receptors. at home you could to eat something recently before and that affected your receptors, while when you are in a shop there was a significant time after other meal. also the different air, physical load, psyche state - may influence on how you feel a taste. for example, if you'll eat on air, not inside of your home, after a physical work on the air when you were tired - then you may feel some meal a little differently.
    It is different Coffee. I askedand they said they receive special bags from which they brew their coffees and they can’t sell me those bags. How did you know the truth?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  4. #6084

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,310
    Mentioned
    931 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    It is different Coffee. I askedand they said they receive special bags from which they brew their coffees and they can’t sell me those bags. How did you know the truth?
    I've supposed several possible reasons. One of them has fited to your situation.

    Also I met on markets. Sellers may give you to taste better product than what will sell indeed. Alike better fruit, than significant part of ones in the box from which they'll randomly give the fruits to you. For example, they may mix fresh fruits with slightly outdated ones.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  5. #6085
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,830
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Idk about american coffee but in Italy there's no way you can reproduce the coffee you have in a bar at home, for one reason: caffeterie have professional machines, like this



    ^they make a coffee in 20 seconds.

    at home, there's no way you can have that...

  6. #6086
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,927
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    This summer I will decide about changing careers and moving. It feels monumental because I have only ever been an academic, but I am increasingly disillusioned with higher ed and I still hate where I live. So it will be a summer of lots of hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, road trips, puppy cuddles, and dreaming up a new life.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

  7. #6087
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,397
    Mentioned
    665 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    This summer I will decide about changing careers and moving. It feels monumental because I have only ever been an academic, but I am increasingly disillusioned with higher ed and I still hate where I live. So it will be a summer of lots of hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, road trips, puppy cuddles, and dreaming up a new life.
    @Kim, I can't think of a better way to make a big decision.


    *When facing another day of doing the same thing is worse than the fear of doing something new.*

  8. #6088
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love how my husband informs me about his activities. My favorite part about our relationship
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  9. #6089

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I love how my husband informs me about his activities. My favorite part about our relationship
    Is it because it stops you from wondering so much about what he could be doing and relieves your anxiety?

  10. #6090
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Is it because it stops you from wondering so much about what he could be doing and relieves your anxiety?
    No because it allows him to plan and to have a friend to listen to his plans
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  11. #6091
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Is it because it stops you from wondering so much about what he could be doing and relieves your anxiety?
    “ESTJ needs someone who is capable of opening and developing his creative potential, of accurately evaluating his abilities and talents, helping him actualize himself.

    Specifically, this kind of help is rendered by his dual, INFJ, who enthusiastically listens to his notions, ideas and undertakings, and who is capable of inspiring and encouraging his creative inclinations with his compliments and praises, and supporting his dual during setbacks and difficult moments. (INFJ, who usually does not like to make requests for himself, will support and reinforce the projects of ESTJ with exceptional energy.”
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  12. #6092
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    So if Fi is all about bonds and relations, shouldn't Fi-dom be masters at getting into relationships. So why isn't that that the the case
    I watched to see if I can gather more information about this. So I would say that when I walk into a new apartment complex I say hi and greet my neighbors. I’m not as willing to find out the politics of the building but I do make an effort to be kind and establish relationships with them. They are closer in proximity to me so I feel like it’s important for safety purposes for them to know me. In my mind I want to be of closeness to them. For mother’s day I gave each of the 7 mothers in the building a Saturday morning surprise in a bag and hung it on their door. They were so happy when they opened their gift and at the time I was not married yet so they figured it was the only single person haha.

    If you are not having good luck with one person forget it and look for someone else. Stay away from drama and gossip. Those are horrible things. If someone is upset at you let them be they’re adults and they can learn to discuss their concerns not spread poison.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  13. #6093
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,172
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I would categorize the following as a "PoLR hit":

    A few days ago, I was driving my car in the far left of a two-lane lefthand turn onto a highway. It was quite crowded because of an accident further up the road, so the lines started to form in the median lane. I had maybe 10 cars ahead of me and a bunch more lining up behind me.

    Suddenly I see movement out of the corner of my eye, look to my left, and there's a car less than two feet from me *on my left*, maybe a foot further back than I was. Technically she was not quite in oncoming traffic, because the the median was very wide, but it was close, and I could see the oncoming cars swerving a bit. No one else was behind her, so I think she was just attempting a shortcut.

    The car in front of me moved up a bit, so I did, too, and she moved up closer to me. I started feeling panicky, pressured, and very annoyed. She didn't let up so to preserve my car's paint I finally let her in. As I was doing so, LSE next to me says, "Either let her in or go for it, don't play the middle ground."

    After she had wedged her way in, LSE says, "That would have been a great time for a long, loud car horn blast." They were right, of course.

    As I finally turned onto the highway, my hands were shaking and I held back tears. Internally, I berated myself for being weak, not just in letting the car push me around but for being so upset about it. A former SLE boss's voice came echoing back to me, "You cry too easily."

    LSE laid back to take a nap, and for the next hour I tried to process why that whole situation bothered me so much. Interestingly, I also became increasingly sleepy, though I'm not sure if that ties directly in or not...







    ----------

    Maybe I'll try to find the INTj/INFj PoLR thread and post this there, too...
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()



    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

    "Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue." - Francis Thompson

  14. #6094
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,397
    Mentioned
    665 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I think I would categorize the following as a "PoLR hit":

    A few days ago, I was driving my car in the far left of a two-lane lefthand turn onto a highway. It was quite crowded because of an accident further up the road, so the lines started to form in the median lane. I had maybe 10 cars ahead of me and a bunch more lining up behind me.

    Suddenly I see movement out of the corner of my eye, look to my left, and there's a car less than two feet from me *on my left*, maybe a foot further back than I was. Technically she was not quite in oncoming traffic, because the the median was very wide, but it was close, and I could see the oncoming cars swerving a bit. No one else was behind her, so I think she was just attempting a shortcut.

    The car in front of me moved up a bit, so I did, too, and she moved up closer to me. I started feeling panicky, pressured, and very annoyed. She didn't let up so to preserve my car's paint I finally let her in. As I was doing so, LSE next to me says, "Either let her in or go for it, don't play the middle ground."

    After she had wedged her way in, LSE says, "That would have been a great time for a long, loud car horn blast." They were right, of course.

    As I finally turned onto the highway, my hands were shaking and I held back tears. Internally, I berated myself for being weak, not just in letting the car push me around but for being so upset about it. A former SLE boss's voice came echoing back to me, "You cry too easily."

    LSE laid back to take a nap, and for the next hour I tried to process why that whole situation bothered me so much. Interestingly, I also became increasingly sleepy, though I'm not sure if that ties directly in or not...







    ----------

    Maybe I'll try to find the INTj/INFj PoLR thread and post this there, too...
    It sounds to me like she was trying to cut in line. Normally, this pisses me off and I don't let them in, I just let them get screwed in whatever way they arranged their fate, but lately I've been taking a more generous tact and letting them in, assuming they were just too stupid to see that they should have gotten into line way back, instead of them being evil and driving along slowed traffic and counting on cutting in ahead of everyone they pass, up ahead.
    In either case, they are either rude assholes or stupid. That is what I tell myself, and then I reflect on my good fortune for not being them.

    When I was driving in both Argentina and in Turkey, there are lines on the road, but they are just suggestions that no one pays any attention to.
    People basically drive their cars like they were walking on a crowded sidewalk.

    In Turkey, I was with an ILI buddy of mine, and he hated the way people drive. It was, basically, hang back or go boldly forward. No in-between. Uncertainty was super-dangerous, because you couldn't figure out what the other person was doing.

    I just always went for it, and everyone moved out of my way, as if by magic. It was great, I loved it. It was the way I want to drive in the States. In any case, I was driving a rental car with full insurance, so I figured if it got totaled, no problem.

  15. #6095
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    It sounds to me like she was trying to cut in line. Normally, this pisses me off and I don't let them in, I just let them get screwed in whatever way they arranged their fate, but lately I've been taking a more generous tact and letting them in, assuming they were just too stupid to see that they should have gotten into line way back, instead of them being evil and driving along slowed traffic and counting on cutting in ahead of everyone they pass, up ahead.
    In either case, they are either rude assholes or stupid. That is what I tell myself, and then I reflect on my good fortune for not being them.

    When I was driving in both Argentina and in Turkey, there are lines on the road, but they are just suggestions that no one pays any attention to.
    People basically drive their cars like they were walking on a crowded sidewalk.

    In Turkey, I was with an ILI buddy of mine, and he hated the way people drive. It was, basically, hang back or go boldly forward. No in-between. Uncertainty was super-dangerous, because you couldn't figure out what the other person was doing.

    I just always went for it, and everyone moved out of my way, as if by magic. It was great, I loved it. It was the way I want to drive in the States. In any case, I was driving a rental car with full insurance, so I figured if it got totaled, no problem.
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-crying-easily
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  16. #6096
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,805
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    If this is directed toward Minde then you both have been told by other mods to ignore each other, which you said you did and you will. Please add all your typings to the spreadsheet. That way people will know what you type others and they will all be in one place for easy access. @Raver or @Director Abbie can be of assistance with giving you your own column. Everyone knows that you disagree with her self typing and it is causing needless conflict to keep directing these kinds of things to her. Thanks.

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...gs-Spreadsheet

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-15-2019 at 07:27 PM.

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  17. #6097
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    316
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    It sounds to me like she was trying to cut in line. Normally, this pisses me off and I don't let them in, I just let them get screwed in whatever way they arranged their fate, but lately I've been taking a more generous tact and letting them in, assuming they were just too stupid to see that they should have gotten into line way back, instead of them being evil and driving along slowed traffic and counting on cutting in ahead of everyone they pass, up ahead.
    In either case, they are either rude assholes or stupid. That is what I tell myself, and then I reflect on my good fortune for not being them.

    When I was driving in both Argentina and in Turkey, there are lines on the road, but they are just suggestions that no one pays any attention to.
    People basically drive their cars like they were walking on a crowded sidewalk.

    In Turkey, I was with an ILI buddy of mine, and he hated the way people drive. It was, basically, hang back or go boldly forward. No in-between. Uncertainty was super-dangerous, because you couldn't figure out what the other person was doing.

    I just always went for it, and everyone moved out of my way, as if by magic. It was great, I loved it. It was the way I want to drive in the States. In any case, I was driving a rental car with full insurance, so I figured if it got totaled, no problem.
    On one level, a lot of countries' total disregard for traffic rules is bothering, but on the other, it's nice when people actually GO when they mean to go! Too often in the States drivers seem paralyzed by fright or something and drive slowly, stop often, try to act 'nice' by letting people in when there's a line of cars behind them, etc. There's a certain freedom you get from just being able to go.

    In my personal life I've been trying to cleanse myself of uncertainty. I think in general it's almost always better to have some sort of opinion or goal than be paralyzed by uncertainty or fear, and I've probably missed out on many opportunities by not fully committing to things. At some point the world's gotta move, and it's best to be with it when it does!

  18. #6098
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    If this is directed toward Minde then you both have been told by other mods to ignore each other, which you said you did and you will. Please add all your typings to the spreadsheet. That way people will know what you type others and they will all be in one place for easy access. @Raver or @Director Abbie can be of assistance with giving you your own column. Everyone one knows that you disagree with her self typing and it is causing needless conflict to keep directing these kinds of things to her. Thanks.

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...gs-Spreadsheet

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    The Fe and Se ignoring was so obvious and too much to resist passing up. She’s on my ignore but Adam’s quote was perfect
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  19. #6099
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,172
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    It sounds to me like she was trying to cut in line. Normally, this pisses me off and I don't let them in, I just let them get screwed in whatever way they arranged their fate, but lately I've been taking a more generous tact and letting them in, assuming they were just too stupid to see that they should have gotten into line way back, instead of them being evil and driving along slowed traffic and counting on cutting in ahead of everyone they pass, up ahead.
    In either case, they are either rude assholes or stupid. That is what I tell myself, and then I reflect on my good fortune for not being them.

    When I was driving in both Argentina and in Turkey, there are lines on the road, but they are just suggestions that no one pays any attention to.
    People basically drive their cars like they were walking on a crowded sidewalk.

    In Turkey, I was with an ILI buddy of mine, and he hated the way people drive. It was, basically, hang back or go boldly forward. No in-between. Uncertainty was super-dangerous, because you couldn't figure out what the other person was doing.

    I just always went for it, and everyone moved out of my way, as if by magic. It was great, I loved it. It was the way I want to drive in the States. In any case, I was driving a rental car with full insurance, so I figured if it got totaled, no problem.
    Yes, that's what she was doing. I thought about all of those things, too. I was initially angry with her, but like you say she's probably not evil, just inconsiderate. More, I was upset with myself for my wishy-washyness. LSE didn't even notice my internal turmoil, heh, until much later when I was extra quiet for awhile and they asked if I was ok. I wasn't sure how to express myself (they don't know socionics), so I just said "no" and we hugged, and they looked a little worried and zipped up my coat so I'd be warmer, heh.

    Later in the day, someone else pulled the same move (from the righthand shoulder of the road this time) while the LSE was driving. LSE lays on the horn, the other driver startles, and LSE pulls up ahead. I could tell LSE wasn't pleased about it, but the confrontation didn't seem nearly as upsetting. They kind of laughed and said, "Now I get to practice what I preached."

    It's my own reactions as well as the difference between myself and LSE that stood out to me the most in this anecdote. It sounds like you tend to take it more in stride as well, perhaps even enjoying the more aggressive approach?

    I do agree that at least if there was consistency in driving styles it'd be easier, because then I could adapt. I think sometimes with growing cities in the States you can get people from small towns, who tend to be cautious and polite, mixed in with big city drivers, who tend to be aggressive and then it can be hard to tell which one they might be.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()



    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

    "Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue." - Francis Thompson

  20. #6100
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,830
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am always panicky when I take the highway... especially if I have to surpass someone... but that's because I almost died in a car accident years ago, crashing frontally at 120 km/h against the guardrail... while I was surpassing someone...

  21. #6101
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-16-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  22. #6102
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I went to this government agency today to check out the work environment. The lady escorting me was LSE. Dressed well, hair makeup professional. We stepped into the elevator and she looks at me and says “you are so nice and skinny.” I told her it’s just genetics. She says she used to be this skinny. I told her she looked beautiful and skinny too. She says “I look like a cow!” I remained silent and treated her with love. I called her “the beautiful lady.” She too treated me with love calling me “sweetness.”

    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  23. #6103
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,172
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I am always panicky when I take the highway... especially if I have to surpass someone... but that's because I almost died in a car accident years ago, crashing frontally at 120 km/h against the guardrail... while I was surpassing someone...
    Aw, I'm sorry, that's rough. I'd probably get anxiety, too. Are you physically recovered from the accident?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()



    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

    "Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue." - Francis Thompson

  24. #6104
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,830
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thank you dear, no worries : ) god really saved me that time.... it was a miracle , I was left with just few burnt bruises around my neck... while my car was completely destroyed, the entire half of the passenger's side splattered against the guardrail. I had to get out from the windown... but I was walking on my feet it was a life changing experience though, after that episode eveything changed in terms of how I see the world.

  25. #6105

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well today I felt like a useful little EII with the whole harmony of relations and psychological distances and inner emotional states. Today we dealt with instructions that confused costumers and I could see how my co-workers delivery of the confusing instructions really ticked off costumers so I tried to soothe the psyche of the customers be trying to step into their shoes see their point of view find their concerns and accommodate them as much as possible. I was also able to see how my co-workers aggressive tone had such a negative affect on customers and made them less co-operative and one customer got real angry and it turned into a shit storm, after that I decided to Te-up and take control telling my co-workers to let me deal with clarifying the confusing instructions and I had much more success with my soothing and accommodating approach simply because I was able to notice their confusing and desire and accommodate them appropriately. Essentially I was apply subtle psychological maneuvers to make the customers co=operative with very confusing and inconvenient instructions.

  26. #6106
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    My mil came over last night and took this picture <3

    Some of you are wondering why I’m wearing my wedding ring on my middle finger. Well it just so happens that I’m a size 4 and my husband doesn’t want to size my ring just yet for the potential of having another child. And size 4 is a tiny size also to expand the ring back up to a size that I can wear it once pregnant would be too too much trouble D49FCF80-5C85-4141-BA8E-DA785AA8AA75.jpg
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  27. #6107
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am so happy that my relationship allow me lots of time to myself and to read. All these lovely people helping me with baby allows me to read novels that describe human relationships and them taking care of baby so that I can watch human interactions at coffee shops and when we go shopping. I really appreciate all the help that I get.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  28. #6108
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,172
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    thank you dear, no worries : ) god really saved me that time.... it was a miracle , I was left with just few burnt bruises around my neck... while my car was completely destroyed, the entire half of the passenger's side splattered against the guardrail. I had to get out from the windown... but I was walking on my feet it was a life changing experience though, after that episode eveything changed in terms of how I see the world.
    Oh, wow! I'm so glad to hear that you didn't get badly hurt. I can imagine that could be life-changing, yes.

    Sometimes I think about how more of us should be dying or hurt. Not in a "this is how it should be" way but in the sense of how dangerous the world can be. Like I've had quite a few close calls over the years just driving normally or even walking on the streets.



    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Well today I felt like a useful little EII with the whole harmony of relations and psychological distances and inner emotional states. Today we dealt with instructions that confused costumers and I could see how my co-workers delivery of the confusing instructions really ticked off costumers so I tried to soothe the psyche of the customers be trying to step into their shoes see their point of view find their concerns and accommodate them as much as possible. I was also able to see how my co-workers aggressive tone had such a negative affect on customers and made them less co-operative and one customer got real angry and it turned into a shit storm, after that I decided to Te-up and take control telling my co-workers to let me deal with clarifying the confusing instructions and I had much more success with my soothing and accommodating approach simply because I was able to notice their confusing and desire and accommodate them appropriately. Essentially I was apply subtle psychological maneuvers to make the customers co=operative with very confusing and inconvenient instructions.
    Ha, well done.

    Were you tired afterward? More or less the same as usual? Energized?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()



    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

    "Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue." - Francis Thompson

  29. #6109
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,172
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    On another note, for the past week I've been sick (more so than I've been in a couple of years). My ears keep getting stuffed up and I've been using a tip my mother taught me, which seems to be keeping an ear infection at bay. She combines 1:1 ginger powder and cayenne pepper powder, then sprinkles a pinch of that in the back of her throat. I've discovered a key trick to not coughing and choking afterward is to not breathe at all while I'm dropping it in. Also, I try not to get any on my tongue. After a few minutes, the stuffiness lessens significantly.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()



    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

    "Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue." - Francis Thompson

  30. #6110

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Oh, wow! I'm so glad to hear that you didn't get badly hurt. I can imagine that could be life-changing, yes.

    Sometimes I think about how more of us should be dying or hurt. Not in a "this is how it should be" way but in the sense of how dangerous the world can be. Like I've had quite a few close calls over the years just driving normally or even walking on the streets.




    Ha, well done.

    Were you tired afterward? More or less the same as usual? Energized?
    Hm. I guess slightly tired.

  31. #6111
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    The sweetest thing anyone can do for me is ask about my care "did you get enough sleep?" MIL LSE

    The other sweetest thing is to declare "rest days." It's Saturday we're sleeping in today. -Si
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-25-2019 at 04:37 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  32. #6112

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How does one accomplish anything in life with Se PoLR?

  33. #6113
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,830
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    How does one accomplish anything in life with Se PoLR?
    embrace it

  34. #6114

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    embrace it
    How does that accomplish anything?

  35. #6115
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    How does one accomplish anything in life with Se PoLR?
    By being of service to people. The professions that are good for this are seamstress, social services, teaching etc. And keeping a small and efficient household
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  36. #6116
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,927
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am applying for a job near Los Angeles. It's my dream job in my dream location. I know the competition is fierce and my application is not as polished as I want it to be because I just don't have time time right now, but it still feels empowering. Even if I don't get this job, I will have all materials ready for more applications.

    #operationnomorewinter #takemeback
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

  37. #6117
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I am applying for a job near Los Angeles. It's my dream job in my dream location. I know the competition is fierce and my application is not as polished as I want it to be because I just don't have time time right now, but it still feels empowering. Even if I don't get this job, I will have all materials ready for more applications.

    #operationnomorewinter #takemeback
    lol

    maybe this time you'll meet me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  38. #6118

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    By being of service to people. The professions that are good for this are seamstress, social services, teaching etc. And keeping a small and efficient household
    So teacher or house wife? Got it.

  39. #6119
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,830
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    How does that accomplish anything?
    Idk, maybe you can improve yourself, your weak spots, instead of excusing yourself behind socionics

  40. #6120
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,606
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Idk, maybe you can improve yourself, your weak spots, instead of excusing yourself behind socionics
    Or accept yourself
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •