Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153
Results 6,081 to 6,106 of 6106

Thread: Delta Lounge

Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    How is it that when I go to a coffee shop and get a coffee it taste completely different than when I make it at home?
    different coffee. for testing you could be given other product or its better variant

different method of its making. you may ask the details and recommendations at that shop. being specialized on that product they may know how to prepare it better

also possible different state of your taste receptors. at home you could to eat something recently before and that affected your receptors, while when you are in a shop there was a significant time after other meal. also the different air, physical load, psyche state - may influence on how you feel a taste. for example, if you'll eat on air, not inside of your home, after a physical work on the air when you were tired - then you may feel some meal a little differently.
    Last edited by Sol; 04-10-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    different coffee. for testing you could be given other product or its better variant

different method of its making. you may ask the details and recommendations at that shop. being specialized on that product they may know how to prepare it better

also possible different state of your taste receptors. at home you could to eat something recently before and that affected your receptors, while when you are in a shop there was a significant time before other meal. also the different air, physical load, psyche state - may influence on how you feel a taste. for example, if you'll eat on air, not inside of your home, after a physical work on the air when you were tired - then you may feel some meal a little differently.
    Thank you sol
    I will ask them and be more mindful of the environment around me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

also possible different state of your taste receptors. at home you could to eat something recently before and that affected your receptors, while when you are in a shop there was a significant time after other meal. also the different air, physical load, psyche state - may influence on how you feel a taste. for example, if you'll eat on air, not inside of your home, after a physical work on the air when you were tired - then you may feel some meal a little differently.
    It is different Coffee. I askedand they said they receive special bags from which they brew their coffees and they can’t sell me those bags. How did you know the truth?
    -
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It is different Coffee. I askedand they said they receive special bags from which they brew their coffees and they can’t sell me those bags. How did you know the truth?
    I've supposed several possible reasons. One of them has fited to your situation.

Also I met on markets. Sellers may give you to taste better product than what will sell indeed. Alike better fruit, than significant part of ones in the box from which they'll randomly give the fruits to you. For example, they may mix fresh fruits with slightly outdated ones.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk about american coffee but in Italy there's no way you can reproduce the coffee you have in a bar at home, for one reason: caffeterie have professional machines, like this

^they make a coffee in 20 seconds.

at home, there's no way you can have that...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This summer I will decide about changing careers and moving. It feels monumental because I have only ever been an academic, but I am increasingly disillusioned with higher ed and I still hate where I live. So it will be a summer of lots of hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, road trips, puppy cuddles, and dreaming up a new life.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    This summer I will decide about changing careers and moving. It feels monumental because I have only ever been an academic, but I am increasingly disillusioned with higher ed and I still hate where I live. So it will be a summer of lots of hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, road trips, puppy cuddles, and dreaming up a new life.
    @Kim, I can't think of a better way to make a big decision.

*When facing another day of doing the same thing is worse than the fear of doing something new.*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love how my husband informs me about his activities. My favorite part about our relationship
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how my husband informs me about his activities. My favorite part about our relationship
    Is it because it stops you from wondering so much about what he could be doing and relieves your anxiety?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Is it because it stops you from wondering so much about what he could be doing and relieves your anxiety?
    No because it allows him to plan and to have a friend to listen to his plans
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

“ESTJ needs someone who is capable of opening and developing his creative potential, of accurately evaluating his abilities and talents, helping him actualize himself.

Specifically, this kind of help is rendered by his dual, INFJ, who enthusiastically listens to his notions, ideas and undertakings, and who is capable of inspiring and encouraging his creative inclinations with his compliments and praises, and supporting his dual during setbacks and difficult moments. (INFJ, who usually does not like to make requests for himself, will support and reinforce the projects of ESTJ with exceptional energy.”
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So if Fi is all about bonds and relations, shouldn't Fi-dom be masters at getting into relationships. So why isn't that that the the case
    I watched to see if I can gather more information about this. So I would say that when I walk into a new apartment complex I say hi and greet my neighbors. I’m not as willing to find out the politics of the building but I do make an effort to be kind and establish relationships with them. They are closer in proximity to me so I feel like it’s important for safety purposes for them to know me. In my mind I want to be of closeness to them. For mother’s day I gave each of the 7 mothers in the building a Saturday morning surprise in a bag and hung it on their door. They were so happy when they opened their gift and at the time I was not married yet so they figured it was the only single person haha.

If you are not having good luck with one person forget it and look for someone else. Stay away from drama and gossip. Those are horrible things. If someone is upset at you let them be they’re adults and they can learn to discuss their concerns not spread poison.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would categorize the following as a "PoLR hit":

A few days ago, I was driving my car in the far left of a two-lane lefthand turn onto a highway. It was quite crowded because of an accident further up the road, so the lines started to form in the median lane. I had maybe 10 cars ahead of me and a bunch more lining up behind me.

Suddenly I see movement out of the corner of my eye, look to my left, and there's a car less than two feet from me *on my left*, maybe a foot further back than I was. Technically she was not quite in oncoming traffic, because the the median was very wide, but it was close, and I could see the oncoming cars swerving a bit. No one else was behind her, so I think she was just attempting a shortcut.

The car in front of me moved up a bit, so I did, too, and she moved up closer to me. I started feeling panicky, pressured, and very annoyed. She didn't let up so to preserve my car's paint I finally let her in. As I was doing so, LSE next to me says, "Either let her in or go for it, don't play the middle ground."

After she had wedged her way in, LSE says, "That would have been a great time for a long, loud car horn blast." They were right, of course.

As I finally turned onto the highway, my hands were shaking and I held back tears. Internally, I berated myself for being weak, not just in letting the car push me around but for being so upset about it. A former SLE boss's voice came echoing back to me, "You cry too easily."

LSE laid back to take a nap, and for the next hour I tried to process why that whole situation bothered me so much. Interestingly, I also became increasingly sleepy, though I'm not sure if that ties directly in or not...

----------

Maybe I'll try to find the INTj/INFj PoLR thread and post this there, too...
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()

"Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

"Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue." - Francis Thompson

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I think I would categorize the following as a "PoLR hit":

A few days ago, I was driving my car in the far left of a two-lane lefthand turn onto a highway. It was quite crowded because of an accident further up the road, so the lines started to form in the median lane. I had maybe 10 cars ahead of me and a bunch more lining up behind me.

Suddenly I see movement out of the corner of my eye, look to my left, and there's a car less than two feet from me *on my left*, maybe a foot further back than I was. Technically she was not quite in oncoming traffic, because the the median was very wide, but it was close, and I could see the oncoming cars swerving a bit. No one else was behind her, so I think she was just attempting a shortcut.

The car in front of me moved up a bit, so I did, too, and she moved up closer to me. I started feeling panicky, pressured, and very annoyed. She didn't let up so to preserve my car's paint I finally let her in. As I was doing so, LSE next to me says, "Either let her in or go for it, don't play the middle ground."

After she had wedged her way in, LSE says, "That would have been a great time for a long, loud car horn blast." They were right, of course.

As I finally turned onto the highway, my hands were shaking and I held back tears. Internally, I berated myself for being weak, not just in letting the car push me around but for being so upset about it. A former SLE boss's voice came echoing back to me, "You cry too easily."

LSE laid back to take a nap, and for the next hour I tried to process why that whole situation bothered me so much. Interestingly, I also became increasingly sleepy, though I'm not sure if that ties directly in or not...

----------

Maybe I'll try to find the INTj/INFj PoLR thread and post this there, too...
    It sounds to me like she was trying to cut in line. Normally, this pisses me off and I don't let them in, I just let them get screwed in whatever way they arranged their fate, but lately I've been taking a more generous tact and letting them in, assuming they were just too stupid to see that they should have gotten into line way back, instead of them being evil and driving along slowed traffic and counting on cutting in ahead of everyone they pass, up ahead.
    In either case, they are either rude assholes or stupid. That is what I tell myself, and then I reflect on my good fortune for not being them.

When I was driving in both Argentina and in Turkey, there are lines on the road, but they are just suggestions that no one pays any attention to.
    People basically drive their cars like they were walking on a crowded sidewalk.

In Turkey, I was with an ILI buddy of mine, and he hated the way people drive. It was, basically, hang back or go boldly forward. No in-between. Uncertainty was super-dangerous, because you couldn't figure out what the other person was doing.

I just always went for it, and everyone moved out of my way, as if by magic. It was great, I loved it. It was the way I want to drive in the States. In any case, I was driving a rental car with full insurance, so I figured if it got totaled, no problem.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    It sounds to me like she was trying to cut in line. Normally, this pisses me off and I don't let them in, I just let them get screwed in whatever way they arranged their fate, but lately I've been taking a more generous tact and letting them in, assuming they were just too stupid to see that they should have gotten into line way back, instead of them being evil and driving along slowed traffic and counting on cutting in ahead of everyone they pass, up ahead.
    In either case, they are either rude assholes or stupid. That is what I tell myself, and then I reflect on my good fortune for not being them.

When I was driving in both Argentina and in Turkey, there are lines on the road, but they are just suggestions that no one pays any attention to.

In Turkey, I was with an ILI buddy of mine, and he hated the way people drive. It was, basically, hang back or go boldly forward. No in-between. Uncertainty was super-dangerous, because you couldn't figure out what the other person was doing.

I just always went for it, and everyone moved out of my way, as if by magic. It was great, I loved it. It was the way I want to drive in the States. In any case, I was driving a rental car with full insurance, so I figured if it got totaled, no problem.
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-crying-easily
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

If this is directed toward Minde then you both have been told by other mods to ignore each other, which you said you did and you will. Please add all your typings to the spreadsheet. That way people will know what you type others and they will all be in one place for easy access. @Raver or @Director Abbie can be of assistance with giving you your own column. Everyone knows that you disagree with her self typing and it is causing needless conflict to keep directing these kinds of things to her. Thanks.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...gs-Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-15-2019 at 07:27 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On one level, a lot of countries' total disregard for traffic rules is bothering, but on the other, it's nice when people actually GO when they mean to go! Too often in the States drivers seem paralyzed by fright or something and drive slowly, stop often, try to act 'nice' by letting people in when there's a line of cars behind them, etc. There's a certain freedom you get from just being able to go.

In my personal life I've been trying to cleanse myself of uncertainty. I think in general it's almost always better to have some sort of opinion or goal than be paralyzed by uncertainty or fear, and I've probably missed out on many opportunities by not fully committing to things. At some point the world's gotta move, and it's best to be with it when it does!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    If this is directed toward Minde then you both have been told by other mods to ignore each other, which you said you did and you will. Please add all your typings to the spreadsheet. That way people will know what you type others and they will all be in one place for easy access. @Raver or @Director Abbie can be of assistance with giving you your own column. Everyone one knows that you disagree with her self typing and it is causing needless conflict to keep directing these kinds of things to her. Thanks.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...gs-Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    The Fe and Se ignoring was so obvious and too much to resist passing up. She’s on my ignore but Adam’s quote was perfect
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that's what she was doing. I thought about all of those things, too. I was initially angry with her, but like you say she's probably not evil, just inconsiderate. More, I was upset with myself for my wishy-washyness. LSE didn't even notice my internal turmoil, heh, until much later when I was extra quiet for awhile and they asked if I was ok. I wasn't sure how to express myself (they don't know socionics), so I just said "no" and we hugged, and they looked a little worried and zipped up my coat so I'd be warmer, heh.

Later in the day, someone else pulled the same move (from the righthand shoulder of the road this time) while the LSE was driving. LSE lays on the horn, the other driver startles, and LSE pulls up ahead. I could tell LSE wasn't pleased about it, but the confrontation didn't seem nearly as upsetting. They kind of laughed and said, "Now I get to practice what I preached."

It's my own reactions as well as the difference between myself and LSE that stood out to me the most in this anecdote. It sounds like you tend to take it more in stride as well, perhaps even enjoying the more aggressive approach?

I do agree that at least if there was consistency in driving styles it'd be easier, because then I could adapt. I think sometimes with growing cities in the States you can get people from small towns, who tend to be cautious and polite, mixed in with big city drivers, who tend to be aggressive and then it can be hard to tell which one they might be.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am always panicky when I take the highway... especially if I have to surpass someone... but that's because I almost died in a car accident years ago, crashing frontally at 120 km/h against the guardrail... while I was surpassing someone...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-16-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I went to this government agency today to check out the work environment. The lady escorting me was LSE. Dressed well, hair makeup professional. We stepped into the elevator and she looks at me and says “you are so nice and skinny.” I told her it’s just genetics. She says she used to be this skinny. I told her she looked beautiful and skinny too. She says “I look like a cow!” I remained silent and treated her with love. I called her “the beautiful lady.” She too treated me with love calling me “sweetness.”

-

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I am always panicky when I take the highway... especially if I have to surpass someone... but that's because I almost died in a car accident years ago, crashing frontally at 120 km/h against the guardrail... while I was surpassing someone...
    Aw, I'm sorry, that's rough. I'd probably get anxiety, too. Are you physically recovered from the accident?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you dear, no worries : ) god really saved me that time.... it was a miracle , I was left with just few burnt bruises around my neck... while my car was completely destroyed, the entire half of the passenger's side splattered against the guardrail. I had to get out from the windown... but I was walking on my feet it was a life changing experience though, after that episode eveything changed in terms of how I see the world.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well today I felt like a useful little EII with the whole harmony of relations and psychological distances and inner emotional states. Today we dealt with instructions that confused costumers and I could see how my co-workers delivery of the confusing instructions really ticked off costumers so I tried to soothe the psyche of the customers be trying to step into their shoes see their point of view find their concerns and accommodate them as much as possible. I was also able to see how my co-workers aggressive tone had such a negative affect on customers and made them less co-operative and one customer got real angry and it turned into a shit storm, after that I decided to Te-up and take control telling my co-workers to let me deal with clarifying the confusing instructions and I had much more success with my soothing and accommodating approach simply because I was able to notice their confusing and desire and accommodate them appropriately. Essentially I was apply subtle psychological maneuvers to make the customers co=operative with very confusing and inconvenient instructions.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My mil came over last night and took this picture <3

Some of you are wondering why I’m wearing my wedding ring on my middle finger. Well it just so happens that I’m a size 4 and my husband doesn’t want to size my ring just yet for the potential of having another child. And size 4 is a tiny size also to expand the ring back up to a size that I can wear it once pregnant would be too too much trouble D49FCF80-5C85-4141-BA8E-DA785AA8AA75.jpg
    -