Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,960 of 6184

Thread: Delta Lounge

  1. #5921
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,672
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree within appropriate! Some people need a wider berth...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  2. #5922

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,552
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    By one of my dreams I will be killed.
    My conflict with someone, during my success in something.
    This may happen at Autumn. It's evening or night. Near my home. I will not be old. <50 y.o.
    The reason - the shot/hit in the head from the side or back.

    Not by my feelings, but my thoughts this may have the relation to a woman.
    Well... the love may cost some risks.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  3. #5923
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    1,466
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am looking into the Infj-Fi (EII-Fi) subtype to understand it better because i have recently become more curious about these folks. They seem really brave from observation yet it doesn't really come through in the subtype descriptions i have read. I am recently wondering where i can find better subtype material as i've already read the ones in the articles section. If anyone wants to approach me with better descriptions they have found/written themselves i'd be happy.
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  4. #5924
    applejacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Posts
    893
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi everyone!

    I went off the radar for awhile, but I wanted to share with you all! We gave birth to little Evelyn Shae on Wednesday! We are both healthy and doing well!! She was 9 lb 1oz, and came with more hair than I’ve ever seen on a baby before! (Makes all the heartburn worthwhile!!)

    I never could have imagined the love and joy we are experiencing now as we learn about her and watch her grow.

    Hope everyone is doing well!!

    https://imgur.com/a/0RilYhK

    https://imgur.com/a/iXIPuZm
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

  5. #5925
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,615
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congratulations to you, @applejacks!

  6. #5926

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,552
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I am looking into the Infj-Fi (EII-Fi) subtype to understand it better
    Types descriptions relate to slighly accentuated types, which "subtypes" with dominating function are. It mb thought as classical form of the type.
    Your type seems as SEI. Check ILE guys in my bloggers.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  7. #5927
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    1,466
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Types descriptions relate to slighly accentuated types, which "subtypes" with dominating function are. It mb thought as classical form of the type.
    Your type seems as SEI. Check ILE guys in my bloggers.
    No. I have already addressed this.
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  8. #5928

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,552
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    No.
    SEI is the most possible your type and is close to your recent opinion as ESI. Fi types have the small possibility. It's based on your communication and nonverbal on your photo.
    The easiest way to understand this for you - IR effects with the correctly typed people. Like with my bloggers list.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  9. #5929
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    do you feel supervised by Sol Delilah? it doesn't seem like it from the outside, but how does it feel from your point of view? I realize most people don't like to "admit weakness" of such a thing because they're into power games, but tell us how you really feel

  10. #5930
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,177
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I went off the radar for awhile, but I wanted to share with you all! We gave birth to little Evelyn Shae on Wednesday! We are both healthy and doing well!! She was 9 lb 1oz, and came with more hair than I’ve ever seen on a baby before! (Makes all the heartburn worthwhile!!)

    I never could have imagined the love and joy we are experiencing now as we learn about her and watch her grow.

    Hope everyone is doing well!!

    https://imgur.com/a/0RilYhK

    https://imgur.com/a/iXIPuZm
    Woohoo! Yay! She's so precious!
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()



    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

    "Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue." - Francis Thompson

  11. #5931
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    1,466
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    do you feel supervised by Sol Delilah? it doesn't seem like it from the outside, but how does it feel from your point of view? I realize most people don't like to "admit weakness" of such a thing because they're into power games, but tell us how you really feel
    Nope, i consider him a goof with whom i don't think it's worth communicating much. He also doesn't seem to bring anything on the debate table. I just don't think he is worth my time honestly. meh
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  12. #5932
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    so/sx strigoi
    Posts
    805
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    The only thing I want to know is how did he die with a Felafel? @Delilah
    479 so/sx



  13. #5933
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    1,466
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    The only thing I want to know is how did he die with a Felafel? @Delilah
    :-)

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_Die...is_Hand_(film)
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  14. #5934

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,552
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    During using Internet I got an advertising of a product I wanted to buy in some past, but this needed to order it from China and I was lazy to create new bank card for Internet transmissions, as to use the normal cards for Internet is not good idea. Now the site said it's kind of a firm situated in my town and selling this product.
    The site very recommended to make a phone call before coming for the product. The argument was it needed to check is the product available in a storehouse. The site looked just like a normal shop site. As I understood they'd got my phone (and as the phones numbers are registered by passports - the main my data) and by some reasons I'd prefer they did not got it, this demand of the phone was slightly suspicious.
    My town has working public coin-box telephones, so I decided to use them at first. When I came to the office which should to sell cards to use that phones, they said - nop, we do not sell those cards anymore.
    Ok. Plan B was to come to the firm's address and to buy or make the order just on place. By the address I've found the 5-floor multiflat house which stayed in a cute place near a park. I've thought the firm mb situated somewhere on the 1st floor so I made a round near that house to find the entrance to some shop. I've found nothing. It was just ordinary living building without any signes of firms in it.
    The final possibility to buy something was to make the phone call (and technically to give with it my name and address). I've accepted this. Some man have answered to me and said - yeah, the needed product exists. On my remark that I did not found any firms by the address on the site, he said that "I just live there". I've asked where and when to come to make the buy. He said that I may to come to one of the entrances of that building where he lives, to make him a phone call and he'll come out to me from his flat. It all looked like buying at smuggler, lol
    I came to the living building again at evening, made a call and the dude has come out from the house's entrance with the product. I checked it. There were not significant issues, which should not affect the use. So I bought it for the asked price.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  15. #5935

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,552
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Nope, i consider him a goof with whom i don't think it's worth communicating much.
    So the one who has far more qualification in the subject and disagrees with your noobish opinion there is just a fool for you.
    The example of Fe types's brainlessness and rudeness. Your rejecting of my Te thinking style is also the sign of Fe type and your bad IR with me.

    You are not enough reasonable and polite for Fi, more to say base Fi. You give me the aversion. Like goofs with Fe types generally are in my peception. SEI is the most possible for you, lesser other Fe types. But to understand my opinion you should be lesser goof.

    > He also doesn't seem to bring anything on the debate table.

    I said the arguments against your possibility to be base Fi before. They were enough for your doubts and you seems have got them as instead of wrong ESI in the profile have written now "EXI/IEE" what though still has no of your possible types.

    I pointed you that your disgusting communication and thinking is against what Fi types should to give to my type. Pointed that to understand that your type is other you may to use IR. Pointed that you may use for this my types examples. I offered you to give video as it adds nonverbal which is useful for the typing.
    I gave you useful info to understand your type better and to help you to understand own type. You used it by the fact of the changing type in the profile. But you ungratefully lie like I said nothing useful for you.

    I do not see the sense in serious debating with the ones like you by my speculations against yours, taking into account the speculativity of this as there are no objective typing methods (and some like nonverbal are important but much intuitive and can't be explained clearly by words), the lack of my interest to this laborious process with you, due to your low competence in the typology so you'd could to understood my arguments correctly.
    Significant "debates" with you would be mostly playing by the words to assure you in some speculation. After what you'd could to get "debates" with other one or to think by yourself to come to other opinion - due to your low understanding of the typology.
    Meanwhile to understand correctly your type sometimes, at least that it's Fe and the nonsense to assume it as "EXI/IEE", - you are able by own thinking, including by IR.

    Now I wish you to think more to become lesser goof and to understand what I've said you about your type. Just think more and yourself. There is no other good way.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  16. #5936
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol Sol your argument boils down to "you disagree with me and aren't receptive to my Te, therefore you are SEI". I mean, I guess I can understand that but it seems to lack nuance--I feel like that situation might occur in regard to a variety of types not just SEI

  17. #5937

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,552
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    lol Sol your argument boils down to "you disagree with me and aren't receptive to my Te, therefore you are SEI"
    I said about her _Fe_, where her inadequate negativism to my opinion (expressed by Te mostly) was _one of factors_ supporting this opinion

    may the reality be with you
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  18. #5938
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    what

  19. #5939

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,552
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    what
    reality, at least
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  20. #5940
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


  21. #5941
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,177
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Opinion is not fact.

    I've noticed Delta STs can forget that sometimes. Well, everyone does to an extent, but I've noticed it regularly in them, maybe because I watch them. In calm moments of rational and emotionally happy discussion, they will almost always agree that conceptually they are two separate things. But in the heat of unpleasantness or relational conflict they can get quite stubborn and insist that their opinions are as factual as anything can be and if the world doesn't agree then the disagreeable parties are wrong / stupid / foolish / possibly evil. The STs are a little less certain on the evil part, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

    Gamma NTs can get like that, too, but not as much or in the same way.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()



    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

    "Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue." - Francis Thompson

  22. #5942
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    1,466
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    lol Sol your argument boils down to "you disagree with me and aren't receptive to my Te, therefore you are SEI". I mean, I guess I can understand that but it seems to lack nuance--I feel like that situation might occur in regard to a variety of types not just SEI
    My impression is that Sol uses his subjective evaluation. Which he takes to be a form of Fi based Te factuality. And the thing is he is wrong, and his below par use of Fi is offputting.

    The thing is most people on this forum don't take him seriously, and sometimes downright ridicule him. I don't think i have stooped to that and have accepted that on occasion he might have something to offer, albeit very little, so i'd say i've given him superior treatment compared to the majority of people on this forum- at least those who have engaged him in any exchange.

    Sol prefers to be blind to this, i say, his loss.
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  23. #5943
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    you hear that sol? you've been favored and you're being ungrateful

  24. #5944
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    1,466
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    you hear that sol? you've been favored and you're being ungrateful
    lol bert, well i did feel like i extended him some form of benefit of the doubt which i didn't have to do. It was pure choice: i chose to act so and it wasn't because Sol's contributions and words and actions were something that swayed me in his 'favor' so to speak.
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  25. #5945
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah I think Sol just needs to recognize when people aren't his enemy. I think this extends to everyone really (we all misunderstand one another to some degree), but in this case it seems obvious to me that he's raging at the wrong person

  26. #5946

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,552
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Opinion is not fact.
    You saw the context of my words about the reality where Bertrand have written the evident lie about the said by me. By opposing here, you've stood on the side of the lie. The reality will not change to fit your or his emotions. It's objective. And in this situation you opposed to reality by the evident way. Think is this approach good or better than the accepting the truth. The lie is more risky, in general.

    =

    Every thought is the opinion. The correct opinions about objective are facts.

    > I've noticed Delta STs can forget that sometimes.

    delta STs have Te in ego and understand what is facts and which they are - better than not Te types. so generally, when the second ones disagree with them about facts - they mistake

    > if the world doesn't agree

    concrete humans may do not agree

    > then the disagreeable parties are wrong / stupid / foolish / possibly evil

    the ones are thought as wrong during disagreement when you are sure in own opinion - not types related
    delta ST are sure in own opinion and hence may think other ones as wrong not only "heat of unpleasantness or relational conflict". so you mislead evidently here

    To evaluate how "stupid" are others in the region of your strong function is also easier. T types understand the mistakes and abbilities good in logical regions. Some better than F types, which mix more own emotions to such evaluations.

    All people in situations with higher emotions become more preconceived. Nothing else.

    the tendency to agree or disagree, to be preconceived due to emotions is more expressed at F types, as they are more emotional and not the reality but emotions is what their consciousness prefers. it's by the classical theory. while to assign this to TS is the nonsense from theory view, as it's the most grounded to objective reality types, especially delta TS

    like you got the negative emotions and then said several objectively wrong or inappropriate assertions here or like Bertrand said the evident bs above. or like Delilah says nonsense regularly, could not to make the correct resume from the known facts and holded for the incorrect type previously and now due to hard thinking issues doubts between very different types as own.

    like @ooo still thinks herself as EII while it's clear she's not and she recently thought herself as INFP what is IEI - seems she is inclined to EII still because that fits better to her wishes and emotions due to her opinion about dudes in her relations as after I said about this reasons she got strong emotional reaction - the proof that emotions are behind her opinion and doubts are painful for her to the degree to add me in ignore list just for the appropriate logical assumption. emotions are more important for her than reality - the same is for all F types

    if you noticed the other regularly - what opposes to classical types theory, then either you mistake about the reality in those questions or mistake about types of those people.
    what you said is baseless heresy
    Last edited by Sol; 06-30-2018 at 06:32 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  27. #5947
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,177
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You saw the context of my words about the reality where Bertrand have written the evident lie about the said by me. By opposing here, you've stood on the side of the lie.
    Hold up, I took no sides. I didn't even mention you, so it's interesting that you'd think I was talking about you. And, anyway, what makes you think I think you're Delta ST? I haven't seen your video yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    what you said is baseless heresy
    ... FYI, that is not very diplomatic or persuasive.


    On the bright side, likely and more or less case in point.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()



    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

    "Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue." - Francis Thompson

  28. #5948

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,552
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Today I've noticed the cortex of the birch in front of the window was seriously harmed by kids. I'd not want that tree would wither, - as it's nice to see it when watching that window. It's a big birch, with a lot of leaves.
    It took ~1 hour to find in Internet how to protect the tree and where to buy the needed things. The complete protection needs more, looks not good and kids may destroy it anyway. I decided to do the partial one. I bought the needed stuff in this evening during my regular walking. When the darkness have come and kids went to their homes, I've taken the stuff and made the protection of the injury to help the tree to survive.

    I saw in the past how similar damages have leaded several trees to wither quickly. Though those were bigger as were done intentionally to kill the trees. The neighbour disliked those trees reduced the light coming to his flat. After the trees withered they should being removed by the sevices but those just did nothing (damn capitalism). Until one of those dried trees have droped on a sidewalk where people walk regularly, - no one was harmed fortunally, except one of the cars which stood there and got the minor damage. I saw how that tree droped, - it was low possibly, but I somehow came to the window in that moment and saw this.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  29. #5949

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Posts
    350
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Minde great post, resembles my experience with Delta ST.

    I had a Delta ST friend, he was a bit self aware and perceptive than other Delta ST I knew, even though we didn't know each other well, he would at least once a week tell me about his relationships problems, it seems I managed to make sense of things to him (with no efforts invested on my part) and the words I said to him had great effect on his life (his words), I was not aware of this thing until after the friendship between us ended and I started to remember those times.

    I was also in conflict situation like this with Delta ST once, and oh god... It was as if you're talking to a rock. He thought I was a selfish person for not agreeing with him, I wished so much to be someone else and go and explain to him what happened because he refused to listen to me (thinking I had bad intentions), I can't tell you how many times I tried to explain, each time his vision got clearer (he even admitted it, which is rare as heck) but at the end, it started hurting me and I had to walk away from everything, I didn't want our encounter to be in vain, so at that point when I said "f*** it" in my head, I told him my thoughts with no fear of ruining the relationship and I guess that's what worked.

    I think sometimes Delta ST really need that slap in the face to wake up and leave the bubble they created around them and when you're in a relationship with them, so it's not a good idea to get attached to them, because that's not what they need, they need someone who can help them leave that bubble and see clearly.

  30. #5950

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,552
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Minde great post, resembles my experience with Delta ST
    great nonsense. especially taking into account the context

    if your _regular_ "experience with Delta ST" too give the impression that Te types have hard issues in Te region - type better or think better about the said by those people

    the above still is the text which Bertrand evidently have distorted. what I've noticed and got the nonsense arguing from Minde how Te types ignore the reality. the situation is the example of who is right about the reality
    Last edited by Sol; 07-08-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  31. #5951
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    what!

  32. #5952
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,177
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It was pointed out to me in the last few days that how I come across in writing, particularly when engaging with others on controversial subjects, gives a different impression of me than when I communicate in person. More specifically, that I am harsher-seeming and (from what I gathered) more petty online. This is by a person who has seen a relatively small amount of my online presence and has interacted with me quite a lot in person. I am contemplating this / mentally tickled / soul searching.

    (No, their comment was not related to anything having to do with this thread or this forum.)
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()



    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

    "Fear wist not to evade as Love wist to pursue." - Francis Thompson

  33. #5953

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,552
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    my 6 chakra now
    youtube link

    my study on mistakes so to help to others. this also fits to that gotten previously
    youtube link

    you may use English auto-subtitles
    Last edited by Sol; 07-17-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  34. #5954

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Posts
    350
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    if your _regular_ "experience with Delta ST" too give the impression that Te types have hard issues in Te region - type better or think better about the said by those people

    the above still is the text which Bertrand evidently have distorted. what I've noticed and got the nonsense arguing from Minde how Te types ignore the reality. the situation is the example of who is right about the reality
    It's true from my experience with Delta ST. It is also written in LSE description that they find it hard to say "I'm wrong" or similar sentences... It's not they ignore reality, it is more like they don't want to be in the wrong I guess. I think Delta NF are more prone to ignore reality and replace it with a better imagined one.

  35. #5955
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,672
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    .. I think Delta NF are more prone to ignore reality and replace it with a better imagined one.
    Guilty as charged...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  36. #5956
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,672
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    It was pointed out to me in the last few days that how I come across in writing, particularly when engaging with others on controversial subjects, gives a different impression of me than when I communicate in person. More specifically, that I am harsher-seeming and (from what I gathered) more petty online. This is by a person who has seen a relatively small amount of my online presence and has interacted with me quite a lot in person. I am contemplating this / mentally tickled / soul searching.

    (No, their comment was not related to anything having to do with this thread or this forum.)
    It's the "j" that can make a harshness come across at times, IMO, but I agree, EII are not harsh in person! : )
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  37. #5957
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,672
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Thinking through acting "Alpha", tomorrow evening...

    This might be lengthy, perhaps pedantic to some, therefore not of interest to some (or many). I am writing not only for those who may find this interesting, but also to help me think this through.

    The topic is that I am reading up on is how to act like an Alpha, in prep of tomorrow evening. We have friends - really, acquaintances, as, the husband is a old friend of my husband - who travel much and have been here twice now, always in the summer, on their way to/from a relative that they see annually, north of here, and we always invite them for dinner as they stop here on the way through (there is an RV park quite near). So this will be a third annual visit now, (they missed last year, having come for the summer dinner visit two years in a row before that. I had just met them, as a newlywed of one year, at that first visit.

    We could see them for years this way, and I want to set a precedent or a pattern for this being a very positive annual gathering. It's just one brief dinner & conversation, and I will not stress over it (anyway, an easy goal is to simply keep my own conversation brief as possible while drawing them out to say a lot), but I like the challenge of making it as comfortable and positive for them as I can. The last two visits, I put a lot of thought into cleaning, setting table, and creating a nice meal. That still matters, but I want to direct my thought to the social setting. After the second (and last) visit, while the visit was full of positive conversation and get-to-know-yous, I sensed a slight bit of negativity, discord, and I mean very, very slight, very brief, but, I sense all those things, and when I do I tend to reflect and penetrate deeply in order to know what it is I noticed, and where it is coming from, so I can "correct course". Likewise in the course of conversation I deftly avoid topics that hint at any person's discomfort, doing immediate u-turns and topic-redirection to something amenable whenever needed. I think its type-related that I like to morph and conform and be whatever my interlocutor needs me to be. And I want to do so in this case, with extra thought, and I think Socionics quadra group behavior is a key to best navigate that.

    As to meal planning, I just realized an Alpha preference I have seen. Alphas tend to like a meal that is a LOT of different dishes, vs., like, one big casserole, i.e., or maybe vs. my usual company go-to of a simple but marinated and grilled meat, a one fresh veggie dish and the either a potato or a bread offering, and a dessert. Yesterday we ate a fresh zucchini casserole I created that was delicious, and I realize this is not necessarily an Alpha meal, unless it was one of many side dishes in offering. I will have to decide today what the meal will be because my husband will have to do preps tomorrow while I am at an all-day workshop, out of town... I know - I will supplement my offerings with some Thai side-dishes from the nearby place, since I have no time for creative cooking right now, and that is not my husband's forte. Perfect.

    The sociotype I have for sure is that of the wife - a truly classic and "no question about it" SEI. The husband - his type has not come to me yet, but it's compatible with the SEI. ENTp is certainly a possibility. She is certainly comfortable socially with her husband, which makes me feel I need to see them both as Alphas, in my goal to conform my Delta-ness to their favored way of communicating.

    This conforming might sound crazy to others, but, its only for an evening once a year. And I like the challenge. And besides, this learning will serve another another social situation. My good friend here is SEI and married to a LSE. My husband (SLI) and I get together with them for meals out, or at each other's home from time to time, and I am always careful not to get overly involved in our Delta-charged socializing because I think of how the SEI, always the odd-one-out at home with her LSE husband, is even more so when with us, where she is consistently much quieter than when we two are together having tea. It does seem that the LSE, my husband and I light up more when we four are together, so, I have been meaning to study how Alpha socializes, and imposing some Alpha-ness on our get-togethers when possible, for her sake.

    One thing is, the SEI (and her spouse) are of a particular religious tradition that places high value on the wife being submissive and/or less seen, less heard, less prominent than the husband, and so it is culturally expected for the wives to be quiet socially, while gazing attentively and devotedly at their spouse while he talks. SEIs, in this tradition, excel. : ) I think perhaps the last visit she noticed that I did not do that (my husband and I had equal bouts of talking) and perhaps did not approve. I remember that immediately after that visit I vowed next time to imitate her, and to encourage her to talk more than me. So, this is "next time". Also I am thinking through where it possibly could have been in the conversations that I had felt a divide, and I see this (all quotes taken from here):

    " Narrating personal experiences usually takes the form of telling a joke; funny personal experiences are preferred over "serious" ones. " This could be it. because my Delta way is more serious. Yes, "Delta types make a point of talking about the rationale behind their actions" and yes I do that. I like sharing the insight of why I do things a certain way (maybe this is a Tactical thing), and that is not so much of interest to an Alpha, I think. If I did not feel understood when (if) I said such a thing, I might have given further explanation of same, in order to be understood, when, in fact, the Alpha was just not interested in the serious practical reasons behind an action/event. So I resolve now that if I tell any personal story, it's goal should be a light, funny ending. Something to laugh at/with.

    Other things particularly Delta:

    " Delta types love to share personal experience mixed with their own sentiments regarding their experiences, but all in an insightful and non-dramatic manner."
    " Delta types like to talk about new beginnings, opportunities for personal growth, and their plans and prospects for the future."


    So, I need to hold off on that, and remember that Alphas:

    ".. are inclined to discuss stories told in detail and according to the sequence in which events happened, rather than "jump to the point" quickly."

    - Sok, I need to be patient for the whole story to play out and resist looking ahead and commenting on the foreseen conclusion; a possible error for me. Also:

    "Alpha types tend to feel energized in the positive atmosphere of special events, such as public holidays, parties and special celebrations."

    I need to get in the frame of mind that this visit is like a special occasion and treat it thus, festively and cheerfully.

    So, the thing to remember is that the overall thought of Alpha, re: Delta, is:

    "Alphas tend to regard Delta types as kindly and creative, but a bit too serious in their ideals and principles and too demanding of the same from others."


    Yes, so my topic that I felt we all in common may not be of such bit interest to them socially. To be more specific, my Christian beliefs and how they play out in my life and what I have learned through living in this aspect, while serious to me and important, may be of minimal interest to Alphas, even Alphas who share these beliefs.

    Well, its a short evening, coming at the end of a full day of learning and likely traffic on the way home. So, if I do not get to contemplate the topic again, I can just remember to overall talk less, listen more, and treat the affair as light and fun celebration of our company together, focusing on light laughs for the moment..
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  38. #5958
    kickass crybaby mrrrmaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    267
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^ this is such a wonderful and lovely use of socionics. Hope it goes well!


    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    I think Delta NF are more prone to ignore reality and replace it with a better imagined one.
    hands up who here feels personally victimised by this comment

  39. #5959
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,672
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  40. #5960
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    so/sx strigoi
    Posts
    805
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    479 so/sx



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •