Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Go look for it. I'm not at your will. The written rules about this thread is an agreement between the members and RYU and the agreement is at heart and not written.
    Then one can only conclude you don't have a link to post me. Therefore you have no evidence apart from what you say, which we have already established I think is untrue. You are no law force maritsa. Therefore do not guide me or my ethics and tell me how to act. .......................................... Well people, im Off for a coffee and food to celebrate end of term!! Yum yum!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't we all just be EII?

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbelle View Post
    People are fighting.
    Sorry if I offended or upset you. I just don't appreciate people creating ridiculous rules for this thread, while I am searching for the truth in socionics, and merely stated an observation which i was rudely told I should I should not do in this thread.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Um.. Self-appointed hostess who makes her own rules for this thread?
    .................................................. ...................................
    Sorry everyone If i upset you, i however just noted that Maritsa is showing a heap of Si in the delta lounge. I didnt realize it would offend you all. I also didnt realize i wasn't allowed to talk socionics types in this thread.....
    .................................................. ...................................
    Last day of school for me. Im on break now!! .
    I wear a school-girl outfit and hand out heart chocolates to people all the time. perhaps i may become a hostess here too??
    What Maritsa is referring to is sort of ugly exchanges in the past where people were bitching about each others stypes, and it took up a lot of the thread. You can 'talk' about types here, but trying to create arguments for or against a typing are not preferred.

There's a whole subforum for that (What's my type).

Delta has a hard enough time being social (sometimes...) so massive clogging of this thread with bitching tends to turn off our gentle-hearted deltas from conversing or sharing things. It can be annoying, simply put, as well.

You wear a school girl outfit? Aren't you a dude?

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    What Maritsa is referring to is sort of ugly exchanges in the past where people were bitching about each others stypes, and it took up a lot of the thread. You can 'talk' about types here, but trying to create arguments for or against a typing are not preferred.

There's a whole subforum for that (What's my type).

Delta has a hard enough time being social (sometimes...) so massive clogging of this thread with bitching tends to turn off our gentle-hearted deltas from conversing or sharing things. It can be annoying, simply put, as well.

You wear a school girl outfit? Aren't you a dude?
    I wasn't trying to create a fight. merely my observation. Maybe i disturbed the peace, not my intention. I suppose i theorize and question more than others, i notice oddities as well, things that dont add up. It was all in the name of learning the truth.

No... I can honestly say I am no dude. I am female... haha. ... Do I come across as male?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if I offended or upset you. I just don't appreciate people creating ridiculous rules for this thread, while I am searching for the truth in socionics, and merely stated an observation which i was rudely told I should I should not do in this thread.
    You remind me of mysellf when I first started. Kind of pretentious sounding.

There aren't any 'rules', but there are suggestions, as per what I said in the last post.

I don't know if you were rudely told anything or not, but I'm sure you can deal with it. Heh, if you are searching for the truth in socionics, you apparently need to do some other observing, first.

Your approach to maritsa isn't going to yield much fruit.
    Why you are even approaching maritsa in the first place is perhaps a more pressing matter.
    If you want to find 'truth' in this forum, it's a good idea to do a good deal of considering about who you are talking to, and whether or not it's worth the effort - what are you going to get, and what do they have to offer.

Not everybody goes about socionics the same way, or has the same grasp on it. And, (this took me a while to get), just because someone says something out loud, and there is no apparent opposition, doesn't mean everyone agrees with it. (This is especailly so for some deltas, it seems...), but throughout the forum in general.

A lot of the most vocal people are vocal because they are loud, and other people kind of just don't care to disagree with them, for various reasons, some of which I've alluded to here.

- - -

IDK if twitch is new, but, I say stuff like this new and then because it might be useful for people starting out with this forum or socionics in general.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbelle View Post
    People are fighting.
    ......... is that you in your avatar?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't trying to create a fight. merely my observation. Maybe i disturbed the peace, not my intention. I suppose i theorize and question more than others, i notice oddities as well, things that dont add up. It was all in the name of learning the truth.

No... I can honestly say I am no dude. I am female... haha. ... Do I come across as male?
    I just wasn't sure.

I'm not familiar with you yet.

Good for you, with the school girl outfit. You and Maritsa should hold an outfit contest (or even better, some sort of team/joint effort), with brownies and whatever other goodies you want to share.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of mysellf when I first started. Kind of pretentious sounding.

There aren't any 'rules', but there are suggestions, as per what I said in the last post.

I don't know if you were rudely told anything or not, but I'm sure you can deal with it. Heh, if you are searching for the truth in socionics, you apparently need to do some other observing, first.

Your approach to maritsa isn't going to yield much fruit.
    Why you are even approaching maritsa in the first place is perhaps a more pressing matter.
    If you want to find 'truth' in this forum, it's a good idea to do a good deal of considering about who you are talking to, and whether or not it's worth the effort - what are you going to get, and what do they have to offer.

Not everybody goes about socionics the same way, or has the same grasp on it. And, (this took me a while to get), just because someone says something out loud, and there is no apparent opposition, doesn't mean everyone agrees with it. (This is especailly so for some deltas, it seems...), but throughout the forum in general.

A lot of the most vocal people are vocal because they are loud, and other people kind of just don't care to disagree with them, for various reasons, some of which I've alluded to here.

- - -

IDK if twitch is new, but, I say stuff like this new and then because it might be useful for people starting out with this forum or socionics in general.
    Because you seem to be fine to Maritsa's approach in this thread and have directed your words towards me and possibly think me to be pretenticious. I will assume you are fine with Maritsa being the law caretaker of this thread. sorry for intruding. I will resign and not be part of it, perhaps it will bring greater peace here.

I am not new to socionics, I and Maritsa have not got along from the start. her way of directing and bossing peoplle in this site, greatly upsets me. her misleading of types and information without any proof is dispicable, as i see she twists information to fit her theory and ideal world. She also manipulates people constantly, and treats them as they are underneath her.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because you seem to be fine to Maritsa's approach in this thread and have directed your words towards me and possibly think me to be pretenticious. I will assume you are fine with Maritsa being the law caretaker of this thread. sorry for intruding. I will resign and not be part of it, perhaps it will bring greater peace here.
    Nah, I'm not giving her the green light and you the red light - I was sort of trying to give you some background on things.

Maritsa does what she wants and is going to be that way whatever I say, so I'm not going to try to force her to be otherwise. She's actually trying to be nice about the not typing thing in here, and maybe even be nice to me or respect wished I (and others) had in the past about not getting into type related arguments in the lounge thread.

I am not new to socionics, I and Maritsa have not got along from the start. her way of directing and bossing peoplle in this site, greatly upsets me. her misleading of types and information without any proof is dispicable, as i see she twists information to fit her theory and ideal world. She also manipulates people constantly, and treats them as they are underneath her.
    Yeah.

When she first came here I had me 'strong reactions' towards her, too. As did other people. It's not that I 'accept it' or 'support it', it's just that I don't really fuss about it or seek to deal with it anymore. It's a sort of white noise now to me; it's how I see a lot of the forum. And part of it is just a feeling like "Yup, that's maritsa alright".

Why I wondered if you are new or not is because you seem to still be in the 'combative' phase of dealing with her. But to each is own.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am on school break now. So I guess I can lounge around (in real life) for the next little while!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

school break? hmm. You're in high school, then?

I never liked vacations.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    Twitch your spirit-filled, questioning attitude is a positive thing for this forum .
    Yeah, I think it's a lot better to question than to .... uhhhhh

"extoll wisdom" with blatant disregard for actual communication and development of udnerstanding.

But I give unsolicited advice all the time, especially in this thread
    oh well

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

school break? hmm. You're in high school, then?

I never liked vacations.
    I am indeed. My last year. Only a few weeks more to go until im finished for good!

yeahhh, i like vacation... but not sure i know how to any more Its just been to busy.. now i have to unwind??

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    Twitch your spirit-filled, questioning attitude is a positive thing for this forum .
    I hope so

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the girl might be a SEI.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would anybody like me to tell a paraphrased Shakespeare story using pictures that I took?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

\i would

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furthermore, I've been practicing typing people more. It's not something I want to allow to control how I interact with people, but it can still be interesting to apply labels and observe if those labels are worth anything.

I've recently had an influx of new connections. I mentioned before that I met a girl who thus far appears to be ESTj. I've also met another guy who might be ISFp. I've considered describing them here to see if others of you have any input or agree with me.

I think I'm better at observing post-labeling than doing it initially. I just hate the thought of "trapping" a person into a type. I dunno... it's kind of hard to explain what I mean by that.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I think I'm better at observing post-labeling than doing it initially. I just hate the thought of "trapping" a person into a type. I dunno... it's kind of hard to explain what I mean by that.
    I understand what you are saying. To define a person purely by type (or any theoretical construct) seems restrictive and insufficient in capturing the true breadth of their being.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    I understand what you are saying. To define a person purely by type (or any theoretical construct) seems restrictive and insufficient in capturing the true breadth of their being.
    Yes, well, there's that of course. But I meant... something else/more. What you refer to is related to what I meant, but it has more to do with how I view the person in my head.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, well, there's that of course. But I meant... something else/more. What you refer to is related to what I meant, but it has more to do with how I view the person in my head.
    I guess what I said was the obvious. The closest phrase I think I can come up with (at this moment) that captures this thing is something like "You mean more to me than what you are", which seems like a paradox. The translation of thought to language is difficult...

Ah, well, I'm rambling now.

Sorry if I'm intrusive, just tell me when I'm being so.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Furthermore, I've been practicing typing people more. It's not something I want to allow to control how I interact with people, but it can still be interesting to apply labels and observe if those labels are worth anything.

I've recently had an influx of new connections. I mentioned before that I met a girl who thus far appears to be ESTj. I've also met another guy who might be ISFp. I've considered describing them here to see if others of you have any input or agree with me.

Good for you; you have my full support. It will be fun. Take lots of time to rest and be away from people sometimes too, they can drain your energy supply. I had to get 12 hours of sleep last night after interacting with a friend for 5 hour yesterday.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Sweet! Too bad i'm scared of flying...
    i've only flown once. i wasn't expecting to be scared, but once i was up in the air all i could think about was how much those last few seconds would suck if it crashed.

anyway, those seats do look pretty cool.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like flying, especially take off, it feels like you're running really fast sort of.

But driving is more fun. I get the urge to sometimes just get in my car and go someplace, especially if I've had an otherwise stationary day.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i've only flown once. i wasn't expecting to be scared, but once i was up in the air all i could think about was how much those last few seconds would suck if it crashed.

anyway, those seats do look pretty cool.
    SAME!! Though Ryu's favorite moments are my most panicky:

I like flying, especially take off, it feels like you're running really fast sort of.
    And I calm down a bit (just a bit) once we're cruising in the air. Then i start panicking again as we are about to land. As i exit the plane, i feel like i've just been through the ringer and i'm thankful to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu
    But driving is more fun. I get the urge to sometimes just get in my car and go someplace, especially if I've had an otherwise stationary day.
    Same!! At the beginning of summer i just up and decided to take an impromptu trip to the beach like 3 hours away. I thought maybe it would be a day trip but by the time i got there i was so tired of driving, I decided to stay the whole weekend. Had to scrounge for a hotel room though!! Also it would have been more fun if I wasn't all by myself, but i figured i would at least check it out and explore.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I would never be able to be with an S type, but recently I've been having a great time talking with and hanging out with S types. It gives me hope that I won't have to limit myself to N types in the future.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Please don't tie good/bad, good/evil, make generalizations by sticking to systems, etc with the type of the person; people are individuals. And please don't put people in catagories. *OH WAIT MY CONTRADICTION...I'M TYPING THEM AND PLACING THEM IN SOCIONICS TYPES.

It's nice that us EII can evaluate our own contradictions.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to like flying, now since I fly so often its just meh. But I still enjoy landing or take off, its an interesting feeling, its like my innards are having a party.

And it is a bit strange to me people are afraid of flying. Im not saying it in a mocking way, its just that I hear about people like that but never met one.

As for driving, I dislike it . I prefer diving to driving, much more interesting.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Creepy-male

Gotta love the touchdown feeling in a plane. It's like a rollercoaster, only without the heart attack feeling that drives you half-conscious.

<- has had way too many falling nightmares, and does not like the feeling one bit.

And Minde, is what you're describing sort of like... you don't want to wind up interacting with the type, rather than the person? I know I fall into the trap of doing that basically all the time. It can also be really difficult for me to untangle the person and my typing of them, which is incredibly frustrating for me.

Delta lounge is back

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maritsa once told me that she likes planes so much she wants to become a pilot.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought she wanted to be a flight attendant.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    I used to like flying, now since I fly so often its just meh. But I still enjoy landing or take off, its an interesting feeling, its like my innards are having a party.

And it is a bit strange to me people are afraid of flying. Im not saying it in a mocking way, its just that I hear about people like that but never met one.

As for driving, I dislike it . I prefer diving to driving, much more interesting.
    'diving', well, that's good of you. Most people are more selfish.

As far as driving goes, I'll drive wherever Delta Force wants to go.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would anybody like me to tell a paraphrased Shakespeare story using pictures that I took?
    Holding out on us, are you?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought she wanted to be a flight attendant.
    No, I think I'm an expert on these matters. I know better.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'diving', well, that's good of you. Most people are more selfish.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    I guess what I said was the obvious. The closest phrase I think I can come up with (at this moment) that captures this thing is something like "You mean more to me than what you are", which seems like a paradox. The translation of thought to language is difficult...

Ah, well, I'm rambling now.

Sorry if I'm intrusive, just tell me when I'm being so.
    You're not being intrusive at all. What you're talking about is definitely a part of it. And, yeah, condensing thoughts into words can be challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    And Minde, is what you're describing sort of like... you don't want to wind up interacting with the type, rather than the person? I know I fall into the trap of doing that basically all the time. It can also be really difficult for me to untangle the person and my typing of them, which is incredibly frustrating for me.
    Yeah, that's kind of it, too. I think it's also that I don't want to pin (or "trap") the types, too, not just the people. As in, "well, so-and-so is an XXXx and that other person doesn't act like so-and-so in this way so they can't be XXXx" thus limiting or expanding the type beyond what it really is or should be. I don't want to make mistakes is what it also is, I think, whether it's mistyping or misusing the typing.

I dunno, I think it's an irrational fear on my part, and I should probably just start trying things.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Good for you; you have my full support. It will be fun. Take lots of time to rest and be away from people sometimes too, they can drain your energy supply. I had to get 12 hours of sleep last night after interacting with a friend for 5 hour yesterday.
    I slept almost 12 hours the other day, too. That was after a stressful week and 3 hours the night before and a long day of teaching and other activities.

Takeoff is my favorite part of flying, too. Well, for flying commercial in a sardine can. I might like other parts better if I flew in a different plane with more variety in what happens. Or I might puke my guts out and hate every moment. I don't know. I have yet to try it.

Holding out on us, are you?
    No one else has expressed interest.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmmmmmm... why not type people in real life? You can always change your mind.

Or if you're stuck ask someone for feedback.

Or is typing simply a forum abstraction?

Typing people in real life is interesting. Seriously... in my experience, I've found all sorts of people having the same type... I think internet typing at least here is too mechanised. Or maybe I'm just happy my friends all get me and yet to the 'untrained' eye they appear diverse.