Results 2,081 to 2,120 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, why am I driven to understand the very mechanics of how humans function and operate? From extremely deep psychological levels to communities to organizations to international relations.

I derive a satisfaction from such a pursuit. But I have always wondered 'why' and more so why it's a specific curiosity for me and less so for others.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    So, why am I driven to understand the very mechanics of how humans function and operate? From extremely deep psychological levels to communities to organizations to international relations.

I derive a satisfaction from such a pursuit. But I have always wondered 'why' and more so why it's a specific curiosity for me and less so for others.
    Seems like you could use a drink.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    .D. .o. . . .y. .o. .u. . . .d. .o. . . .h. .a. .s. .h. . . .c. .o. .o. .k. .i. .e. .s. .?.
    lol
    You took a lot of time on that...lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Seems like you could use a drink.
    Doesn't work.
    Nor sex.

Indulgence is only a temporary escape for me. Or, at least, I see its futility and it is unrewarding ultimately.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your dive to understand the mechanics may be an inspiration or activation of Ne, seeing possibilities, patterns, and connections or they may be a dual seeking function, to have good relationships. Both Ne and Te need external information and having both located in the way they are within you, as they are within ILE type, creates an curious mind and a mind who likes to gauge external information.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socionics alone doesn't work, because, I know other LSEs who don't give a care about things I'm interested in.

try again. but thanks.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

socionics alone doesn't work, because, I know other LSEs who don't give a care about things I'm interested in.

try again. but thanks.
    I said you, not other LSE. I know plenty of other LSE who have hobbies in things I'm not interested in either; and, I've tried introducing other EII to socionics who don't care about it either. So, it just happened that you and I have the same interest....

It's chance.
    You chanced upon something that took your curiosity to the depths of understanding in this topic, as it did to me. I've tried to get other LSE to be curios about it, but I haven't been successful.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tell them you know someone who is like them, but, hotter, smarter, more intellectually curious, and bakes really good brownies.

Then their pride will be obliterated, and they will succumb to your every whim.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

tell them you know someone who is like them, but, hotter, smarter, more intellectually curious, and bakes really good brownies.

Then their pride will be obliterated, and they will succumb to your every whim.
    No.
    I'm not anything like them; why should I lie?
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do it.
    If they ask who that person is, then what will I tell them?
    I'm gonna make a fool out of myself telling them that. Who wants to hear someone brag about themselves like that?

I'm too humble to say such things to people about me and put myself forward like that.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-27-2010 at 04:00 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Airborne...are you feeling okay?
    I'm getting strange feelings?
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    If they ask who that person is, then what will I tell them?
    It doesn't matter who. Just that vision of such a person would intimidated them. You shuoldn't mention me, as they might become too far imdimidated, into depression.

I'm gonna make a fool out of myself telling them that. Who wants to hear someone brag about themselves like that?
    *hug* You'll be ok

I'm too humble to say such things to people about me and put myself forward like that.
    Well you can break the mold sometimes, you know. Just give them a cute, shy smile, and you'll do fine.

-
    -
    -

And, clearly airbornes lack of response about my homosexual comments means he is one.

You should offer to bake him some sort of confectionery delight, to make him feel better. Don't you think?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It doesn't matter who. Just that vision of such a person would intimidated them. You shuoldn't mention me, as they might become too far imdimidated, into depression.
    I want to date my duals not intimidate them...
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, sometimes problems can be solved with "Se" as you call it.

So what's new with you? What kind of... oh, well, nevermind.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrVGRKUpViE]YouTube - Audiosurf-Tom Jones-Sex Bomb-Club Mix[/ame]

time to dance delta

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You know, sometimes problems can be solved with "Se" as you call it.

So what's new with you? What kind of... oh, well, nevermind.
    Where are you getting with this aside from mocking me?
    What's the second thing here?

Time for you to be clear.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*takes Maritsa to the dance floor*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that extraordinary.
    I certainly don't think you mistyped yourself, right down to the subtype. You remind me of some other ones I know.
    You're not living with him any more, are you? People definitely need space to be themselves.
    blah, boring. whatever. thx anyways. i thought you're IEE. didn't notice you're LSE.
    hm, that's good, if you know some other ones.
    no, I still live with him. but i spend a lot time in other places. but still it sucks. he sucks.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are a lot of losers out there.

how optimistic are you, deltas, about finding a good relationship ?
    In a way optimistic. Or should I say I am pesimistic not due to other people but myself, it takes me from half a year to two years to get bored with people, somehow I have to learn to endure? God knows what should I do, each time I just hope it will be different.

And I reject "there are a lot of losers out there." I met plenty of fantastic women and had great relationships with quite a few aswell. Maybe they are just not ment for you, but that does not make one a looser. Unless you speak about real loosers, mean spirited, tactless, envy driven empty people, those however can be seen from afar as far as Im concerned.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How do you wish your duals were different or what would you change about them to reflect your ideal?

I hope my duals understand and embrace this aspect of my personality, from the wikisocion (it's accurat):

"When a female DOSTOYEVSKY becomes your wife, know that in your home there lives a quiet angel. However, in her a feeling of debt is so developed that she will not shun her duties of cleaning, laundry and cooking. Certainly, she does not love to cook, it is not in this that she sees her vocation. But she will never leave her relatives without food. And if somebody - one of the family members so picky that they want to eat only freshly prepared food, she will cook three times a day. Thus it is already arranged."
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-27-2010 at 07:11 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also, I hope my duals don't find this aspects of my personality to be obsessive (although it can look like it, but it's also very accurate):

"She also worries about the health of her relatives, and therefore, diligently written into special little notebook (Personally seeing several such books, it could be anything from a notepad to an album of newspaper clippings) (which she will keep her entire life) not only culinary recipes, but also the compositions of grassy collections, or the most vital medicinal recipes, which can prove useful with various illnesses."

When, for instance, a loved one has an illness, like my mom's arthritis, I go to every literature I can find, finding any and every literature on health and recipes of nutition I can find to help her. I keep many journals, one for heart burn for my dad, etc.

Duals...what do you think about this?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Overanalyzing...

What do you think about this? It's also true

"Not only the husband, but also the parents from both sides, and the children will be enveloped by its warm care and love." - this is Fi (this is translated as relationships in Russian, which simply means Fi).
    -

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Airborne...are you feeling okay?
    I'm getting strange feelings?
    Maritsa is using her psychic powers
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    lol
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    I get that ways sometimes (actually, a lot more then sometimes).
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that ways sometimes (actually, a lot more then sometimes).
    I am fine Maritsa. Actually you missed my presence on the forum because I was sleeping and resting and fixing my PC all day long. Because you are not rational (I dont mean in a socionics sense) you translate that to Feelings.

But in fact it was just the fact that I didnīt take time to access the forum and post something relevant today I guess. And I fixed my PC so cheers for me.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

explanation for your enneagram type has been requested by several important people - you're not going to provide it?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    I am fine Maritsa. Actually you missed my presence on the forum because I was sleeping and resting and fixing my PC all day long. Because you are not rational (I dont mean in a socionics sense) you translate that to Feelings.

But in fact it was just the fact that I didnīt take time to access the forum and post something relevant today I guess. And I fixed my PC so cheers for me.
    Thank you dear, but I'm not irrational, I am rational; these feelings can sometimes come from anyone I've encountered throughout the day, they may not be from you exactly. My feelings were regarding why you were switching your enneagram type so often and what the confusion was all about.

It might seem irrational for a feeler type to automatically assume that your absence is due to you being ill but there are these feelings that anything can go wrong and it's better to be assured that someone is fine even when all it is is that they are busy doing something else.

I may not see reality because what I concentrate on is possibilities () that something may have gone wrong and may worry, using my primary functions, feelings about these possibilities. The picture in my head that I feel is a possible indication of reality may not be reality, but only my own perception/image as produced from the information you've given to us before (namely that you were in a hospital recently); I was worried about you being back in the hospital, and you were really just fixing your computer; you can help by painting the real picture by telling me what was going on and by doing this, paint another (real) picture.

PS.

I no longer trust RYU
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-28-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

explanation for your enneagram type has been requested by several important people - you're not going to provide it?
    Ryu please tell me where these so-called important people asked these explanations and where do you think I should post the explanations.

As Iīve been doing some law work for my dad, I have not been having that much time to read many threads in the forum lately so I just log in and see threads which I think may be interesting which are usually 2-3.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you dear, but I'm not irrational, I am rational; these feelings can sometimes come from anyone I've encountered throughout the day, they may not be from you exactly. My feelings were regarding why you were switching your enneagram type so often and what the confusion was all about.

It might seem irrational for a feeler type to automatically assume that your absence is due to you being ill but there are these feelings that anything can go wrong and it's better to be assured that someone is fine even when all it is is that they are busy doing someone else.

I may not see reality because what I concentrate on is possibilities () that something may have gone wrong and may worry, using my primary functions, feelings about these possibilities. The picture in my head that I feel is a possible indication of reality may not be reality, but only my own perception/image as produced from the information you've given to us before (namely that you were in a hospital recently); I was worried about you being back in the hospital, and you were really just fixing your computer; you can help by painting the real picture by telling me what was going on and by doing this, paint another (real) picture.

PS.

I no longer trust RYU
    I am definitely not an E8. Not that much confrontational unless Iīm drunk. Which is not a good state to see what a person REALLY IS.
    Then E1s and E6s can be mistaken for one another easily. I tend to lean towards E1 with a 9 wing, but could be E6. I donīt know. I have lots of anxiety which is the central problem of E6s so I wrote E6 here. But Iīm really an E1 if you want to know my real guess. Iīll be changing it again to E1.
    Thanks for preoccupation honey.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am definitely not an E8. Not that much confrontational unless Iīm drunk. Which is not a good state to see what a person REALLY IS.
    Then E1s and E6s can be mistaken for one another easily. I tend to lean towards E1 with a 9 wing, but could be E6. I donīt know. I have lots of anxiety which is the central problem of E6s so I wrote E6 here. But Iīm really an E1 if you want to know my real guess. Iīll be changing it again to E1.
    Thanks for preoccupation honey.

Craze really didn't say what's in your signature, did he?

I had a typo in my message and you didn't catch it
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craze really didn't say what's in your signature, did he?

I had a typo in my message and you didn't catch it
    yes he did and I found it very funny so I put it in my sig...

and what was that typo?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

and what was that typo?
    "they are busy doing someone else"

Instead, I mean to write something else
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

" "

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

na na na... hey why am I soooo IEI-Fe ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

and what was that typo?
    I get what you mean now when you say that I'm not rational; you mean to say that I'm intuitive type because I understood your absence as what it can lead to rather then waiting to see what it really was by collecting enough external data through Se perception, then determining whether you're out because you're ill or because you're fixing your computer. I use Ne, which determines what your absence could be due to (in this case rather incorrectly or un-realistically); I though you could possibly be ill and again possibility is , my second function....leading to me being N type.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-29-2010 at 05:22 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get what you mean now when you say that I'm not rational; you mean to say that I'm intuitive type because I understood your absence as what it can lead to rather then waiting to see what it really was by collecting enough external data through Se perception, then determining whether you're out because you're ill or because you're fixing your computer. I use Ne, which determines what your absence could be due to (in this case rather incorrectly or un-realistically); I though you could possibly be ill and again possibility is , my second function....leading to me being N type.
    Thatīs interesting Maritsa. In fact if I hadnīt so much Si in my Ego block Iīd say I had Se.

Do you see Se related to strength/physical agressivity? I see it that way. I am normally totally peaceful unlike leading Se types which can be not peaceful or a bit harsh on their movements a bit too quick when they move. I think that is Se. I see people with Se in their Ego block make sudden quick moves with their bodies like they have this very good physical presence, better than mine. Am I right on assuming this is related to Se?

On the other hand, Si seems to smooth people, give them this kind of peaceful, comfortable outlook. Itīs like when I lay down on bed, and the bed touches my body, itīs just comfort and peace. Or when I hug someone whom I feel something towards. To me this is Si-related. Am I wrong here?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thatīs interesting Maritsa. In fact if I hadnīt so much Si in my Ego block Iīd say I had Se.

Do you see Se related to strength/physical agressivity? I see it that way. I am normally totally peaceful unlike leading Se types which can be not peaceful or a bit harsh on their movements a bit too quick when they move. I think that is Se. I see people with Se in their Ego block make sudden quick moves with their bodies like they have this very good physical presence, better than mine. Am I right on assuming this is related to Se?

On the other hand, Si seems to smooth people, give them this kind of peaceful, comfortable outlook. Itīs like when I lay down on bed, and the bed touches my body, itīs just comfort and peace. Or when I hug someone whom I feel something towards. To me this is Si-related. Am I wrong here?
    No, I do not see Se as any more aggressive or stronger then Te or Fe types for that matter; I see them on an equal playing field. The difference is when they prefer to use this aggression/strength and I believe that you once correctly answered that question for yourself. That you save it as a last resort, after you've run out of all possible options; I believe that it's strategic to solve aggressive problems with aggression and tactical to use them as a last resort, which is what Te tries to do. I see Se types as being just as emotional and soft as any other, but again in different ways. I see you as ESTj because your values align with Delta values and because you get those Si sensations when speaking about pleasant sensations.

I think you are good at determining the differences; here are some good sources to read:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/672863-post22.html

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/672932-post30.html

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/673550-post74.html
    -