Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Lounge

Creepy-male

No, please continue. History lessons are fun, it's just recalling the facts that always got me

What's this about a Delta hegemony?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    I've been thinking lately. If I thought I was Beta (as I once did), would I be accepted?

Depends on how Beta you act and whether you become a joke or a nuissance. If you just think you are, we can't read your mind and there would probably be no difference.

Do I know you?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear, I'm giving a little history lesson of the16types through personal experience. Perhaps not the place to do so.

Definitely the place to do so. You're one of the few active people who has been here since 2005.

More stories!
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ceci n'est pas une eii.
    If you're not EII, then what are you?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah so, "some people" keep mentioning to me how they'd like to see more action here in delta quadra, more posts, more things to comment on and talk about.

What should we do about this?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-male

Integral types:

SLI: disproportionate results from effort invested (think ShamWOW or Aikido)
    IEE: always has an interesting outcome, just never what you needed for the situation (like Hocus Pocus from RO)

What about the Rationals?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whaa? (in general)

think shamwow or akido? (in specific)

Creepy-male

ShamWOW, it's this absorbant thing that sucks up way more than it really ought to, size considering. Similarly with Aikido, you're using an aggressor's force against them to throw them around with minimal investment on your part.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Yeah so, "some people" keep mentioning to me how they'd like to see more action here in delta quadra, more posts, more things to comment on and talk about.

Well, I think the subforum could use some more delta rational activity to balance things up a bit. However, in the history of the forum, there have never been more than one or two LSEs actively posting, and of those, probably all ended up being a different type. I also don't think that the EII count has ever been large in this forum, and like with LSEs, some ended up being a different type. So what you end up with is a group of EIIs, like myself, who only occasionally post when something interesting comes up (I doubt you will find that many EII trolls). I get turned off with the judgmental and crassly attitudes in the forum at times, which makes me not want to post really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon
    What's this about a Delta hegemony?
    It was a time when Delta members influenced the direction Socionics was heading. You had people like schrodinger's cat, Rocky, Kim, Topaz, Curious Soul, Traveler, stefana, Darklord, Curious Soul and so on, all heavily contributing to Socionics discussion. What made the discussion Delta was that the IM's were given a set definition and there was a focus on how the elements affect the relationship between the members of the quadra, and other quadras as well.

When the forum was first born, it very Alpha. The forum seeked to systemize the functions, understand it, discuss the models and so forth without actually establishing anything formally. There was definitely a playful/curious/exploratative nature and nobody was really berated for having perhaps an obscure view of the information elements (as tcaudilllg was) or when one tried to relate to it other phenomenon. Then there was Hugo, forever trying to find the best way to indicate type by using numerous methods, though they still contained the same theme. And of course, many members would try to help him out. Not surprisingly, the "What's My Type?" sub-forum had very little activity at the time.

I tend to cite the time "Quadra Moods" were in vogue as when things took a turn to Beta because that's when differentiating quadras really became the focus. You could say that it was becoming more aristrocratic and less democractic. It was Baby (now Scrummy), I believe who began the "Beta Mood" thread and when I, personally, began to feel that I was unlike them. The rest of the quadras eventually followed. The reason that, out of the two aristrocratic quadras, I felt Beta described that period better because there was still a very light-hearted, Fe-nature in the forum mixed with some sexual overtones from time to time. Though it was generally Beta, there was still a lot of Alpha influence.

I would say when Joy considered hereslf LIE was when the forum was entering a Gamma phase. Expat, by then, had more of a pillar of knowledge attitude rather than an inquisitive one. Diana realized she was ESI rather than EII. The "Te type description" thread, as initiated by SmilingEyes in the Gamma quadra, was very well-received by the forum. I also feel that it was at this point when the "Type-correction"/"Re-typing the self-typed" trend began (and continues to this day but has somewhat dissipated) and when the division between Fi and Fe was made more explicit. This is also when Fe really took a heavy blow to its reputation; it was criticized both implicitly and blatantly and became the "black sheep" of the IM's, sort to speak. To some extent, Ti experienced a similar criticism.

Okay, well, I'll leave it at that for now. What happened next is, of course, the great vandalization of the16types. Between Beta and Gamma, was when Delta flourished. And I'm just going to point out that this is my own experience and perspective, and it can hardly be considered the truth. There are also missing details. Finally, even when the forum had an overall atmosphere of a particular quadra, the influences of other quadras still existed. As it is in nature, it is in virtual life.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After expounding a little on my personal take on the history of the16types, I'm curious as to how my experience here is different from the experience of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Akra
    I wonder if this is a common mistake for EIIs...I definitely had the same experience initially. Identified with IEI (at least the type description--later no so much the function descriptions) but not with Beta.
    There could be something to it. I was actually still under the influence of MBTI, and the perceiving type, which was related to being laid-back was why I chose INFP and assumed that INFP was equivalent to INFp/IEI. But, obviously, I was wrong. Which other EII's have mistaken themselves for IEI?

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie
    Depends on how Beta you act and whether you become a joke or a nuissance. If you just think you are, we can't read your mind and there would probably be no difference.

Do I know you?
    I would state it publicly, just to see the results. And no, I don't think you know me.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster
    If you're not EII, then what are you?
    I am but a representation and variant of a true and ideal EII.

My signature alludes to René Magritte's famous The Treachery of Images collection, all which had the inscription Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I get turned off with the judgmental and crassly attitudes in the forum at times, which makes me not want to post really.
    I just avoid threads with problem posters like Gilly, strrrng, or krae.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just avoid most threads in general for posting. I read most of the new ones but as soon as bitching and moaning begins I loose interest and deffo do not like posting in such (although I feel sometimes it is necessary to do so). I think ignoring works best for me .
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    I just avoid threads with problem posters like Gilly, strrrng, or krae.
    and coolanzon

Creepy-male

and coolanzon
    Yeah, def. avoid threads with me in them.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, time to do something about this. It's finals time for me, so, I'm going to stay away from the forum for a while. Probably until Thursday or the weekend, mhm.

until then.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an ILE 'being funny' at COP15

<alpha>

Because I was asked about it...
    I'm not supporting this kind of humor as something "I like". The reason I posted it was because it seems rather anti-delta humor, ragging on Fi and Te the whole time particularly. It seems alpha, and it shows a sort of alpha ambivalance and disrespect for gamma seriousness, if you will.

I have a response from one person so far who thinks it is 'crude', a delta NF.
    Last edited by UDP; 12-17-2009 at 11:35 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, ok... Anyway, also on the topic of Copenhagen:

Blizzard Dumps Snow on Copenhagen as Leaders Battle Warming

Lol. If nothing else, God has a sense of humor.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Climate change isn't just about 'global warming', as in, the world getting warmer all over.
    If anything, you'd get more severe weather, stronger blizzards and hurricanes.
    "Global warming" or Climate Change =/= global drought.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Climate change isn't just about 'global warming', as in, the world getting warmer all over.
    If anything, you'd get more severe weather, stronger blizzards and hurricanes.
    "Global warming" or Climate Change =/= global drought.

People get too stuck on the word "warming".
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finals.... anyone else taking them/done with them?

Creepy-male

I finished my final exams some time last month, I believe, so school is certifiably OVER for me, woot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished them on Tuesday.

I thought they went well, generally.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished them on Tuesday.

I thought they went well, generally.
    What were they for? /Major?

I know Gul is going to be a University Man soon...

Creepy-male

I know Gul is going to be a University Man soon...
    Yup. Starting in February.

Also, Isha will be starting TAFE maybe, but I'm not sure when? This may well negatively impact outhanging time.

EDIT

Her first preference is fashion and textile design, too. Badass. I'll be doing Psych.

Also, my college (Australian word for the residential bits of uni) flats have common rooms that look really comfy. There may yet be hope for my social life, with uni clubs too, hopefully.
    Last edited by male; 12-20-2009 at 05:35 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In America it is "college" as well, although the dividing line really is whether or not the school offers substantial Graduate work (University) or just undergraduate work (College).

In France, "College" is the last few years of American high school, I believe.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    There may yet be hope for my social life, with uni clubs too, hopefully.

Game clubs, anime clubs, special interest clubs, music clubs, .....

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Delta, one thing I am thinking about right now is that one of the possible downsides of delta values, compared to beta values, is that there is less focus on motivation and 'challenge', in terms of sort of quadra defaults.

I was thinking about the idea of how, in some ways, mankind really is at their best when they are challenged or focused on moving towards something. I'm not really sure about that, because as we know sometimes people go overboard. Delta is, yes, a rather un-mobilizing quadra, compared to beta in particular. And our role in the socion is to be that conservative, refining, finishing influence, sure. But in thinking about my own life and motivations, I was considering how realistically challenging myself seems like it might be a good idea, if not an actually important thing.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That said, I see how EIIs challenge themselves be being perfectionists, and sometimes LSEs.

So alternate question: in what ways do you challenge yourself, deltas?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Delta, one thing I am thinking about right now is that one of the possible downsides of delta values, compared to beta values, is that there is less focus on motivation and 'challenge', in terms of sort of quadra defaults.

I was thinking about the idea of how, in some ways, mankind really is at their best when they are challenged or focused on moving towards something. I'm not really sure about that, because as we know sometimes people go overboard. Delta is, yes, a rather un-mobilizing quadra, compared to beta in particular. And our role in the socion is to be that conservative, refining, finishing influence, sure. But in thinking about my own life and motivations, I was considering how realistically challenging myself seems like it might be a good idea, if not an actually important thing.

Interesting. I think Delta's are more about self-improvement than global, the latter seems more Ni/Se to me. Not to say that I don't think Delta's do things to improve the lives of others, it just tends to be more passive.
    Beta's, especially, probably find this approach stagnating or even selfish, as mentioned in the Quadra Dynamics thread

That said, I see how EIIs challenge themselves be being perfectionists, and sometimes LSEs.
    I can vouch for this. Trying to be a better, more well-rounded, person. For me that has a lot to do with overcoming complexes, like learning how to deal with things that intimidate me and thus make it harder for me to reach my goals/ideals.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I can vouch for this. Trying to be a better, more well-rounded, person. For me that has a lot to do with overcoming complexes, like learning how to deal with things that intimidate me and thus make it harder for me to reach my goals/ideals.
    (i like this a lot about my dual)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'relax and have fun with your 8th function'
    the old expatian saying, heh

I clearly do it with Se, by making obnoxious or even crude, loud remarks when I'm very comfortable or tired, etc. But it's all in jest and not serious at all. it's 'funny'.

whatabout you/

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(i like this a lot about my dual)
    What part, being timid or trying to overcome complexes?
    EII INFj

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'relax and have fun with your 8th function'
    the old expatian saying, heh

I clearly do it with Se, by making obnoxious or even crude, loud remarks when I'm very comfortable or tired, etc. But it's all in jest and not serious at all. it's 'funny'.

whatabout you/
    Outside of general daydreaming I tend to use Ni for making silly insights. Ex. A few weeks ago I joked that sometime in my lifetime the monocle will make a comeback, and today on the radio I heard a news-update that the monocle is indeed returning to fashion. Now I feel like a mystical shaman prophet

just in case no one believes me http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...gh-street.html
    EII INFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What were they for? /Major?
    Sorry, I didn't see this.

Not sure how interesting this will be but: digital logic design, materials science, complex functions, electric circuits, electricity and magnetism --major is electrical engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu
    The major I chose was basically because I wanted to challenge myself and, indeed, it took me awhile for me to even take up the challenge. I'm foolish sometimes. I guess I didn't want to be afraid of finding and realizing my full potential. Also, everything that Marie84 said.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Creepy-male

Interesting discussion with Akra about Ne-centric healing vs Fi-base healing in WoW.

As I mentioned in Laconic Huxley, my The Thing is maximising my ability to perform to my potential so I can deliver the highest-quality good or service I'm providing. For healing, this means I use an addon called Rewatch that helps me process the usually ridiculous amounts of data I need to keep track of to heal effectively (different class's healing styles is another topic though). This is interesting, compared to Akra, who puts top priority on the warm, fuzzy, tank/healer bond and refuses to let "cheats" dilute that.

Creepy-male

(1:09:10 AM) Gulanzon: I'm researching how to take care of turtles.
    (1:09:17 AM) CeruleanFlame: are you getting some?
    (1:09:28 AM) Gulanzon: nope
    (1:09:39 AM) Gulanzon: just reading for the sake of learning how to take care of one properly
    (1:09:45 AM) Gulanzon: reptiles are a big commitment
    (1:10:18 AM) CeruleanFlame: i see
    (1:10:44 AM) CeruleanFlame: if you can take care of a reptile, you can take care of a dual
    (1:12:30 AM) Gulanzon: lmfao

Creepy-male

My adorable dual*. Truly.

Anyone want to assign reptiles to the different Deltas?

For the record though, I think about food a lot more than her, I bet.

Creepy-male

(6:34:09 AM) Gulanzon: actually wtf, why did I stop playing Burnout?
    (6:34:13 AM) Gulanzon: Going full screen.
    (6:34:21 AM) Akra: heh
    (6:34:23 AM) Gulanzon: Send me a skype message to get my attention
    (6:34:27 AM) Akra: k
    (6:34:47 AM) Gulanzon: Burnout is proof that I do have testosterone
    (6:34:52 AM) Gulanzon: Well, my love for it at least.
    (6:34:58 AM) Akra:
    (6:35:12 AM) Akra: sorry dude, I still maintain you have more estrogen than I do.