Page 145 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,800 of 6486

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I spent a week in Mexico City. I am totally moving. <3
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    how many of you wannabe deltas have been sol™ approved
    seems, there were some SLI which don't agree still. SLI girl (Sheregesh or alike) exist on socioforum and she agrees with the version

the weirdest thing - there were no EII girls still, which were checked positively

Generally, real EII seems don't flood much to get the attention and have no much of interest to be typed by video - partly shy and being Fi-Ne are sure in own personality as the type. Among close ones, I've noticed ESI and possible ESI, which typed themselves as EII. But I'd want to watch forum's behavior of sure EII girl.

EII - Evidently Impossible Illusion
    Last edited by Sol; 11-28-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wait who are we talking about? lets get specific, as to these SLIs and EIIs

I want to investigate some of these supposed IEEs too. Seems like no one really wants to be LSE which is a shame, why do you think that is? my best friend at school is LSE I'm pretty sure (strong creative Si use though so seems kind of introverted) looks slightly elfish like LSI in the eyes

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I want to investigate some of these supposed IEEs too.
    still await to be found among flooders and checked by a video

> Seems like no one really wants to be LSE which is a shame, why do you think that is?

LSE have no much of interest to flood on psychology forums. And when they want their type - they go to "experts", not to random people. And then check own type by themselves. They do what I did in past.
    I'm special to flood as got big kick in past from IEI romance and then searched for the explanation and solution. Now I'm helping to develop Socionics and meanwhile study to type to don't repeat the mistake with bad IR again.

> looks slightly elfish like LSI in the eyes

T-S types are the least "elfish"

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh we exist! And I've been to meet ups. Pretty sure that's superior to video type, although there are some videos drifting somewhere on the interwebz...

@Kim and I had a wonderful Skype date once upon a time. I think we're due for another. It felt like talking to another me

We put the iee in frieeeeeeeeends!!!

EDIT: also.. let me see your authentic typing badge, officers
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    still await to be found among flooders and checked by a video

> Seems like no one really wants to be LSE which is a shame, why do you think that is?

LSE have no much of interest to flood on psychology forums. And when they want their type - they go to "experts", not to random people. And then check own type by themselves. They do what I did in past.
    I'm special to flood as got big kick in past from IEI romance and then searched for the explanation and solution. Now I'm helping to develop Socionics and meanwhile study to type to don't repeat the mistake with bad IR again.

> looks slightly elfish like LSI in the eyes

Not LSE, but never understood why people would go to randoms for type check. It's a lottery with no basis for competency. Can't work out if that's a fault in me that I'd rather my own opinion and those demonstrating compentency, rather than an assortment of people. It seems logical to me, but many people don't which makes me think there's a component i'm missing from the equation of common sense.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

when I think of elf eyes I think of this look.. are we talking about the same thing? (to me this is the quintessential LSI girl)

LSE have no much of interest to flood on psychology forums.
    are you saying there just aren't many LSE here? do you think there could be any actual LSEs here who currently think they're some other type?

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you saying there just aren't many LSE here? do you think there could be any actual LSEs here who currently think they're some other type?
    Forums generally are ILI and ILE, but the nature of this typology, means mostly IEIs, Betas, then some other types, with Delta ST the least represented due to the practical to be taken from it. LSE the least out of Delta ST due to non-introverted nature.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

alright thanks for your incredibly basic stereotype

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright thanks for your incredibly basic stereotype
    Just when I was starting to give you the benefit of the doubt, you go caustic again. Not good for Delta serious conversation

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

when I think of elf eyes I think of this look.. are we talking about the same thing? (to me this is the quintessential LSI girl)
    Elfs are graceful, relate to magic and fine arts, so they associate with N types for me. And a little closer to F, as magic is opposite to technical science too. Legolas (IEI) - archetypical elf.

> are you saying there just aren't many LSE here?

Not many of them flood here, at least. They may come to ask for concrete help and then go away. T-S types have the least interest to psychology. Mb SLI with suggestive Ne can be catched by this in quantity.

> do you think there could be any actual LSEs here who currently think they're some other type?

Among registered members I suppose ~50% or more have wrong opinion about own types. So it's highly possible. But as I've mentioned the problems are: 1) they don't flood here, 2) they don't tend to give a video on forums. I notice several LSI gave video, probably due to lesser serious relation to Ne (main psychology region) - nonvalued aspect, they more got fun. While if LSE gets interest to Ne - he'll seek for practical result, not just fun, and hence will seek for experts. Like I seeked for practical result in past - I needed the solution - how to choose "your" woman (that IEI was excellent but somehow too "alien" to me), Socionics offered the answer and I've researched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    Not LSE, but never understood why people would go to randoms for type check.
    It's free and better than nothing. As an addition to tests. I asked admins of socionics sites for free too. In those times there were lesser people in Internet and they were happier to help.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hm yeah by your picture my LSE friend does not have elf eyes, I think we just mean different things when we use the term I think of upturned as elvish, and close set

what types do you think have upturned, close set, eyes in general?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

what types do you think have upturned, close set, eyes in general?
    Types are about behavior, not about static physiognomy. Nonverbal behavior makes your impressions related to types and to people with those types. I'd call as elfish inuitive eyes - "dreamy", "like not here", "sparse looking", etc. Check my bloggers with intuitive types.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wonder if elfish is just what we call "mysterious" or "inviting" in some sense to us, which may be whatever our dual is, and not a static thing across type.. in other words elvish is just a symbolic representation of what we find "alien-but-good" and thus varies by type and is subjectively defined.. I think this may actually be exactly what you're saying, which is to say "I'd call as elfish" is fundamentally subjective and varies between people as to what they'd call elfish and has everything to do with the impression they receive from the other person

I sometimes think of my own eyes as insectoid and unfeeling but maybe its just some bill burroughs style dissociation, whereas that girl I posted seems weirdly mysterious and different

WIN_20171128_15_46_33_Pro.jpg
    Last edited by Bertrand; 11-28-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I wonder if elfish is just what we call "mysterious" or "inviting" in some sense to us, which may be whatever our dual is, and not a static thing across type..
    My associations are under the influence of Tolkien's elves and RPG games. It's mostly about N functions traits. Also slang term "elf" means someone who is far from real world, what is close to N types too.
    Your associations may differ, certainly.

> whereas that girl I posted seems weirdly mysterious and different

that girl seems N type, and also with mental issues

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah yeah everyone's got mental issues

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Oh we exist! And I've been to meet ups. Pretty sure that's superior to video type, although there are some videos drifting somewhere on the interwebz...

@Kim and I had a wonderful Skype date once upon a time. I think we're due for another. It felt like talking to another me

We put the iee in frieeeeeeeeends!!!

EDIT: also.. let me see your authentic typing badge, officers
    Awwwwww!!!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

yeah yeah everyone's got mental issues
    "weirdly mysterious and different"
    she looks strange indeed

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

My associations are under the influence of Tolkien's elves and RPG games. It's mostly about N functions traits. Also slang term "elf" means someone who is far from real world, what is close to N types too.
    Your associations may differ, certainly.

> whereas that girl I posted seems weirdly mysterious and different

that girl seems N type, and also with mental issues
    A perfect elf...

Edit: The girl he posted had very round slightly protruding eyes from what I could tell. I recently looked at eye shapes for that other thread. I know mine are almond, not wide or close set and double lid not hooded.

https://beginnersmakeup.wordpress.co...-to-eyeshadow/
    Last edited by Aylen; 11-29-2017 at 03:52 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    A perfect elf...
    hentai has another good variants

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decided to tell my beautiful friend today about socionics, we speak of spiritual matters, new age type things, and have a reasonable relation, she comes to me for help with sorting out logics, making sense of the data, best way to progress etc, and I like her kindness to me. So it seemed reasonable enough ground to raise the subject, and I was bored. I started with a socionics test which she completed and as suspected it came back as SEE.

When I asked of the result, first response was 'F', I said, 'F Anything else?'
    'F was the highest'
    'Any other letters? Usually there's 4'
    'ESFp'

and so ESFp aka SEE.

Good opportunity to discuss her F-ness, as it ranked highest for her, and comparing it with myself, and how it's second nature for her. Some of this is womens intuition too, but not for all of it. She was also receptive to what she seeks for and how she gets on with me - my Te and her Fi, but she's got common sense, she didn't care to get too involved in it (socionics).

However, when I spoke to her of my own interest, as a tool to help me find a wife, and for some helps with other relations, she really perked up, wanting to offer me lots of advices. I thanked graciously, saying I may get back, as typical for me, I like to make my own messes first haha.

Fi is good, but without Ne, and with Se, SEE can soon take over your life, which i'm not that bad yet haha.

But, people have misconceptions about Se in general, especially Se leading. It doesn't make people loud overpowering superhumans, like the rest of most of us, they're quite normal.

I find the exaggerated expectation of Se is typically found in Se seekers - Hidden Agenda, or in deltas, like LSE who're playing up ... there's a 'cheesy' quality to it which isn't as the real thing for Se leading types.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hey Sol, do you like Dmitry Lytov?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

But, people have misconceptions about Se in general, especially Se leading. It doesn't make people loud overpowering superhumans, like the rest of most of us, they're quite normal. I find the exaggerated expectation of Se is typically found in Se seekers - Hidden Agenda, or in deltas, like LSE who're playing up ... there's a 'cheesy' quality to it which isn't as the real thing for Se leading types.
    All quadras have more negative prejudice to nonvalued functions.
    Extraversion makes people loud. Se types are more insistent, directly forcing and mercantilistic, than average. "Superhumans" they are for Ni types.
    Show to familiar woman examples of ILI as her possible duals. Couples with different IR. Sensory types need examples. Also explain what issues with friednship people get in negative IR in marriages, compared to duality. Socionics relates to all that "new age" as may be used as the way of personal growth to balanced psyche state, where duals help.

Mihail and Raisa Gorbachevs are the example of duality.
    For bad IR - just find any bad marriage near you and type.

hey Sol, do you like Dmitry Lytov?
    I have the respect to what he did in 2000s, but now he's out of Socionics and his political opinions too differ from mine.
    He's one of those who helped me to find own type. He typed me to LSE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All quadras have more negative prejudice to nonvalued functions.
    Extraversion makes people loud. Se types are more insistent, directly forcing and mercantilistic, than average. "Superhumans" they are for Ni types.
    Show to familiar woman examples of ILI as her possible duals. Couples with different IR. Sensory types need examples. Also explain what issues with friednship people get in negative IR in marriages, compared to duality. Socionics relates to all that "new age" as may be used as the way of personal growth to balanced psyche state, where duals help.
    She's married with children, so it's not really a concern for her.

As for examples, that's when it gets complicated, her boss is ILI, and it's not always been plain sailing between them. It's difficult to explain a theory with an obvious contradiction, although her husband is some Ni type. With this theory, there's got to be a leap of faith. Not very often will an SEE be into something so theoretical without absolutely obvious applications. Better for her I 'find a wife' using her own functions of deciding what she thinks is good for me - which isn't uncommon for most good women. Men don't really function well alone for sustained periods.

I've seen LIIs who are married appearing normal, LII single men being really weird. The problem with explaining all this is that it crosses some lines of political correctness, not everyone is going to listen to a persons negative traits being rhymed off as an example to some theory, but we'll see, no doubt the topic of socionics will come up again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

She's married with children, so it's not really a concern for her.
    She may to have dual friends of own sex, what is significant resource.

> As for examples, that's when it gets complicated, her boss is ILI, and it's not always been plain sailing between them. It's difficult to explain a theory with an obvious contradiction

There is a possibility they are not duals. Notice about doubts in a type, about non-types factors (for ex, relations with boss are special) or don't tell at all. It's important to get the initial interest, then with better understanding she'll deal better with some contradictions.

> Not very often will an SEE be into something so theoretical without absolutely obvious applications.

Describe her own traits, of other people with more examples. Find and describe her relations which fit to the IR theory. This convinced me in the past.

> Better for her I 'find a wife' using her own functions of deciding what she thinks is good for me

Excellently. Let her. Just notice, that the type is _one of important factors too_. You'll take it into account, so it's better for her to understand better what you want. Show her your dual girls (my bloggers, for ex). This may motivate her to study the subject to help you.

> I've seen LIIs who are married appearing normal, LII single men being really weird.

All people need to be in a pair, it's out natural need. People without this feel emotionally worse and this makes them harder to deal with.

> not everyone is going to listen to a persons negative traits being rhymed off as an example to some theory

No one ever liked to be criticized. But it's common part of reasonable thinking and changes. We have to understand good and bad sides of anything to use it. And if you want to improve something - you need to point on problems in it. The real "political correctness" is to care about people, even when they don't like it now but will like the consequences. Medicine or studing are good examples, - people don't like the process, but like the results.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

HEy @Sol what do you type Joel and Antonia at personalityhacker?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Joel and Antonia at personalityhacker
    Hey
    Joel Mark Witt - mb ENTP
    Antonia Dodge - seems F-E

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My cousin sister have come to home town from Spain. With her "unoffical husband". Besides his real name, when he's not near, we call him Don Pedro. It's general name for all her spanish dudes. Who knows Russian, understands the humour.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The experience of a supposedly close ESI work colleague, when you've been assisting them with so much work related knowledge, and giving an ear to their gripes, decides for short sightedness to pass something over to your boss which goes as a potential negative against your performance. Makes you wonder about Se creative with Fi, is it anger of shortsightedness, or a feeling of temporary self righteousness. I think it's ethics or right or wrong constrained in a small box, without then being able to add other values at the same time, except maybe for temporary 'power'. For a short while I consider the impacts of relations and it's impact on me - perhaps i've been wrong all along in my approach.

But still, it is work, and professionalism is the goal, not vengeance or so forth, as in tit for tat.

Why not be like the IEE who's playful, or the EII who appreciates relaxation and returns support with kindness. No dramas instigated.

Just makes you wonder about the variables of people - I don't think quadra is incorrect.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey
    Joel Mark Witt - mb ENTP
    Antonia Dodge - seems F-E
    what makes you say ENTP for Joel and F for Antonia? They type self type ENFP for Joel and ENTP for Antonia. They have a lot of vids on youtube, if you want to point out some examples of clues. I have to say, I've always liked their videos and some of their early stuff is what got me interested in MBTI and then I read Jung which lead me to socionics. Antonia seems really nice but shes always rubbed me the wrong way, I feel like its type related. I've always liked Joel a lot as a person but whenever I see his aesthetic I cringe a little. On the whole I think they're really cool, but theres some interesting type related stuff going on with them. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Antonia is a feeler, she seems to put a lot of weight on "thinking logically" but in the way I associate with Ti suggestive

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

what makes you say ENTP for Joel and F for Antonia?
    same like always : impressions. they are not sure here, except Antonia is not ENTP

> I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Antonia is a feeler, she seems to put a lot of weight on "thinking logically" but in the way I associate with Ti suggestive

F types like to be logical where they can

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah its all about being logical

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII friend, her favorite Christmas song, it's pretty cool

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone!

I went off the radar for awhile, it's been a really busy year. On top of the new job, we've had some exciting news! We haven't quite shared it on Facebook yet, but pretty much most of our friends and family know now.

We're expecting our first baby mid June!

Tomorrow marks the end of our first trimester. I'm hopeful the nausea and headaches disappear soon with it, as it's been much more challenging than I imagined. We should be able to find out the gender some time mid to late January.

We're very excited. My husband has been so awesome. He's been cleaning the house every weekend, and even folded and organized a bunch of laundry I had sitting down stairs for awhile. Ohhhh, SLI
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omgomgomg!!! Congrats!!!
    You two are going to be awesome parents!

Squeeze!!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday I had an absolute blast, which was very much needed. R's friend invited us to join him as he took his hawk out hunting. Having just had a hawk kill and eat one of my chickens, I was very curious about them, how they hunt, when they hunt, etc, so I was eager to go. The hawk was small, just 1 year old, and very pretty, and surprisingly gentle and calm...despite being hungry and really wanting to be released to fly. He was also a little on the weak side, as the falconer hadn't had a chance to take it out for a couple of weeks (broken bone in the foot). The falconer had two dogs that would go into the brambles to sniff out rabbits and try to get a rabbit to run out of the brambles. Turns out the dogs do it for the joy of doing it, not for a reward at the end. Despite three times of rabbits being flushed, the hawk missed once, and didn't notice the other two. He's young and still has to learn where the best vantage point is, etc. Apparently the first year of a hawk's life might kill it if it doesn't learn fast enough where to sit on a tree, etc. And if a hawk was born in captivity, it'll always need to be cared for and shouldn't be released. A hawk in the wild, if it makes it past it's first year, might live 3-5 years, but can live up to 30 years if cared for. I also learned that hawks, once let to fly, always has the choice of leaving the falconer, but if the falconer is good, and nearly guarantees the hawk will find food, then the hawk will stick around and return to the falconer's care. So at the end of the unsuccessful hunt, the falconer tied some meat to a lure so the hawk could have a chance to feel success (and eat).

Anyways, I asked tons of questions, and the guy was willing to go into as much detail about them and their behavior as I was willing to ask, and then some. He's offered to take us hunting again to a place he knows has rabbits (this was a new place we were at), and will ask another falconer if we can join him on a duck hunt with one of his hawks, and we'll schedule a time when I can see how they are cared for at home, etc.

This might seem kind of morbid to some, but hawks have to eat too! I would just prefer that it not be MY chickens!!
    And I love new learning opportunities!! <3
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@anndelise - very cool! I've always wondered what kept the hawk from flying off and never returning. That's actually a really beautiful thing. Makes me think of my dog. I've always let him run off the leash while at the lake, or to potty outside when I don't want to go step in the snow before bed. He always comes right back, and will even get up and follow me whenever I stand and walk to a different room.

Cool to hear about loyalty in hawks. Are they expensive?