Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Sometimes they can be. Depends on the cat. My friend has a cat who loves to sit on a person's lap and purr. He's pretty much the quintessential cat everybody wants. Overall I like them because they're really independent. Easy to take care of when I'm really busy, and I don't have to worry whether they've peed on the sofa in my absence.
    I have been meaning to ask, are you more or less independent then I?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DONT ANSWER TINY ITS A TRAPS
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

side note, if lisa simpson is an EII, that's cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    A play for a project? What kind of a project? Hopefully you can say more than 'a playwriting project'
    It's a presentation we have to make related to a book. Maybe I'll post some parts of the play some time.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You better.
    You should act in it too, I'd like to see that.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody likes wolves.
    I do.

I like cats and kittens. And dogs. And rabbits. And squirrels. And bettas that hunt flies...

I don't have a whole ton of experience with cats, though, unfortunately. I know dogs a lot better. But I bet cats and I would be able to live quite well together.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you wouldn't be able to live with wolves, because they eat people.

..... and cats and kittens and dogs and rabbits and squirrels and lots of other stuff

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, when I was little, my uncle had a dog that was half-wolf. He had tried to put him through police dog training, but his instincts were too aggressive (wouldn't let go of the "bad guy" when commanded) so that didn't work out so well. One of my earliest memories involves this giant grey furry shape with ears looming over me, and the floor beneath my feet shaking as that massive form walked up to where I stood, remotely sniffed, then moved on. Quite intimidating, and I remember thinking my cousins were crazy as they would climb on him, sit on him, and generally treat him like a big teddy bear.

Anyway, despite having a (healthy) fear/respect for him, I did like him.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DONT ANSWER TINY ITS A TRAPS
    IEE

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Sometimes they can be. Depends on the cat. My friend has a cat who loves to sit on a person's lap and purr. He's pretty much the quintessential cat everybody wants. Overall I like them because they're really independent. Easy to take care of when I'm really busy, and I don't have to worry whether they've peed on the sofa in my absence.
    Yeah, I'm open to that possibility. Maybe I'm just biased, since I've always had dogs growing up. I mean, look at this:

Nobody likes wolves.
    Ok, now... it's personal.

lol!

..... and cats and kittens and dogs and rabbits and squirrels and lots of other stuff
    noob...

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Actually, when I was little, my uncle had a dog that was half-wolf. He had tried to put him through police dog training, but his instincts were too aggressive (wouldn't let go of the "bad guy" when commanded) so that didn't work out so well. One of my earliest memories involves this giant grey furry shape with ears looming over me, and the floor beneath my feet shaking as that massive form walked up to where I stood, remotely sniffed, then moved on. Quite intimidating, and I remember thinking my cousins were crazy as they would climb on him, sit on him, and generally treat him like a big teddy bear.

Anyway, despite having a (healthy) fear/respect for him, I did like him.
    I heard that dogs have the IQ of a wolf puppy, which I thought was interesting.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, a week or so ago I watched this documentary/movie/thing.

Lord Save Us from Your People

I thought it was thought-provoking and it reminded me of a lot of good things. Has anybody else by any chance seen it, too?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Raising children. As usual. Our cat is having health problems. I'm worried about how people will deal with that loss. Mostly worried about my husband as he is closest to the cat. My daughter is hurt but at the same time planning for us to get a kitten when the cat dies. But I know her and know there will be tears when the time comes. She's dealing with the health problems right now by trying to come up with ways to raise money for the SPCA. That seems to make her feel like she's helping at least animals in general if she can't help this one animal.
    I appologize for having made this comment and not having remembered that in the begining I did callenge Mariella's type to be SEE instead of IEE;

I said previously:
    "I have found N types on this site, with or without VI and I havn't challenged their typing...people like tiny_dancer, Mariella, and jewels, I saw ENFp right away and you may go back to their postings and see that I was very convinced of their types."

Thank you.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is this about me?

"what seems like "ne supression" is actually an unusually high drive for clarity in the sense of external, objective 'truths (silverchris made a great post about this recently in another thread, possibly also the 'exlpain quadras' thread), which points to Fi+Te. She seems to have a slight bit of idiosyncrasy for her way of phrasing things, and it took me a while to get it, but, it really is about accuracy. She very much wants things to have clear meanings so that way proper reasoning and discussion about matters can take place, leading to understanding -- the absence of this seems to adversely effect her health and mental state.

Throwing Fe and or Se at her draws blank stares, or similar things.

She tends to very much want everything explained in terms of Fi and Te, really, and almost demands that it is done in that way, in rather clear, straightforward fashion. But I wouldn't confuse that for a lack of Ne ; I'd say it is a very large focus on her dominant function which creates a very rational way of going about things.

I see overwhelming Ne>Se in her because she simply doesn't function using Se in any normal sense, it tends to come out under stress, and she handles it both awkwardly (and often painfully in terms of the personal affect it has on her). She would clearly rather not have to deal with things in an Se fashion ; it seems to actively make her uncomfortable and uneasy to do so. Her Ne is there, and thus her delta nature, by how she has forgiveness and hope - this is significantly different from the Se+Fi and Se IJs in general , who put significantly less effort into situations that are not hopeful, especially reparations of relationships that are damaged.

And from talking to her personally, she definitely has strong Ni and Ne, she has pointed out a lot of patterns within myself that I never noticed, bringing them to my attention things that she can't help but see herself. She is, in a very significant way, more time-oriented than immediate/present moment oriented, especially in terms of her analysis of situations ; she puts a lot more faith in her understanding of patterns and possibilities and all things intuitive rather than the value of any one specific moment. It's something where we differ, that's for sure. But I think her input and being exposed to that way of thinking has helped me, actually. "
    -

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, I'm pretty sure he was referring to his conversation with Minde about wolves.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Is this about me?
    No? I was talking to Minde about wolves and such, like Lobo said.

I didn't say Maritsa anywhere.

That post is something I copied over from Minde's thread.
    .....yeah, her Type Me thread.
    It's not about you - I wouldn't put a description of you in Minde's type me thread.
    It's about Minde. Apparently I should have said her name in the post, to avoid confusion.

....why did you copy that here? It doesn't make much sense to me

Creepy-Cyclops

People also eat people, sometimes.

Squirrels are just pure nutty, an all that.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    People also eat people, sometimes.

Squirrels are just pure nutty, an all that.
    Don't worry, I took care of Ryu already... He won't be bothering us anymore. Hehe, hope this isn't too bloody.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NSFW

NSFW!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like your wolf is missing an eye..

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like your wolf is missing an eye..
    hehe, from the battle.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    hehe, from the battle.
    Usually, and almost always, an EII would not post bloody pictures of hurt animals.
    -

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually, and almost always, an EII would not post bloody pictures of hurt animals.
    It's post-feasting on Ryu... He had it coming.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't do things at people, because "they had it coming." That's rude and disrespectful. We don't say things like that. That's purposeful, premeditated anger, self-directed agression....sorry not INFj! I don't even say things like that "YOU HAD IT COMING."
    It's not anger, it's hunger... A wolf's gotta eat. Ryu was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not anger, it's hunger... A wolf's gotta eat. Ryu was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    What if I was in that wrong place at that wrong time?

(and, yes, that picture is a tiny bit gruesome)

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if I was in that wrong place at that wrong time?

(and, yes, that picture is a tiny bit gruesome)
    Don't worry Minde, he was also smelly.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry Minde, he was also smelly.
    Ah. Whew!

I knew there was a practical reason for staying clean...

So, two birds with one stone? Full tummy and better smelling air.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Op-Ed Columnist - The Boys Have Fallen Behind - NYTimes.com

Around the globe, it’s mostly girls who lack educational opportunities. Even in the United States, many people still associate the educational “gender gap” with girls left behind in math.

Yet these days, the opposite problem has sneaked up on us: In the United States and other Western countries alike, it is mostly boys who are faltering in school. The latest surveys show that American girls on average have roughly achieved parity with boys in math. Meanwhile, girls are well ahead of boys in verbal skills, and they just seem to try harder.
    what do you think about this, deltas?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

what do you think about this, deltas?
    I think there's a lot of positive changes that can be made with education everywhere.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to let everyone in delta know that I'm about to go dancing now, so the answer to my "question" will be yes, I did dance today.

You should also dance some, too.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to let everyone in delta know that I'm about to go dancing now, so the answer to my "question" will be yes, I did dance today.

You should also dance some, too.
    Don't force belly dancing on other people man, it's not cool.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

original

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go outside

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don't wanna.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a girl today.
    She had on, not really short shorts, but nice shorts,
    and these awesome, shin length rainbow socks. I seriously couldn't stop looking at them.

They were so colorfully profound.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So your mission for today, deltans:

Go outside
    Find or do something interesting
    report back

go!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to be a world hero:

Today I let an EII know she was looking good, even though she has a boyfriend, who I don't particularly like.

Saving an EII from bad relationships one person at a time. . .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Trying to be a world hero:

Today I let an EII know she was looking good, even though she has a boyfriend, who I don't particularly like.

Saving an EII from bad relationships one person at a time. . .
    You missed someone while you were busy "saving" people.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were to write blog posts, this is how one of them might look:

Today the students and I had a combination of both learning and fun/happiness, which is how I like it. Just fun but no learning is counterproductive (in a classroom, anyway). And learning without enjoyment is no good, either. Putting the two together, though, gets the students a lot further than either alone would.

One student and his situation particularly pleased me. The last few weeks this one had been struggling with not enjoying what he was doing, not having much inspiration. He's a good kid, responsive and willing to learn, but just not finding much satisfaction in most of the projects he'd been working on thus far. So today I switched everybody around to different spots (new places can lead to new ideas), giving him the Mac, which is about 10x faster than the old Windows machine he'd been struggling with before. (Slow computers can be very dampening to creative energies...) I handed him the idea book to look through, told him to stop and think about how the ones that caught his eye had been created, showed him where to find pictures he could use, and gave him a simple yet open-ended assignment. When I came back to him after starting the other students, he had a vague-ish idea and a question ready for me on how to do a particular thing. I got him going on that, and one discovery led to another idea, and by the end of the class he actually had a fairly finished piece that he really liked (and that I like, too).

Another student didn't accomplish much of anything concrete today. For most of the time she played around with coloring a black and white photo of Audrey Hepburn, but at the end of class decided she didn't like it all that much and just closed out of it. But I actually don't mind that at all. The whole class period she was learning - asking me questions, trying what I showed her, exploring options and possibilities, and enjoying all of it. And that's what's important to me. (And if the warm fuzzies I was feeling over that success wasn't enough, she also said she liked me as a teacher.)

Hm, now that I think of it, maybe this counts toward Ryu's request to "report back" on interesting events in my day...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, now that I think of it, maybe this counts toward Ryu's request to "report back" on interesting events in my day...
    Yes, it does. Thank you for your contribution