Page 108 of 163 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,320 of 6486

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Here is what I have pieced together about my family of origin:

Me: ENFP
    Dad: ISTP
    Mom: ISFJ
    Brother No.1: ExTx -leaning toward J in that
    Brother No.2: ISTP
    Brother No.3: ExTx - He is visiting soon so I will think on this more then. I lean towardr ENTP for him, however,
    ...............................I think his wife is ENFJ and they look like Activity to me, making him ESTP, but, I don't see him as like my son.

My parents were a very tight pair all their lives and there was almost no arguing ever between them; very peaceful. Mom was the strict ruler of us kids and Dad backed her 100%, so we behaved. She stayed home, Dad traveled for work a lot when we were young. I got along great with my brothers particularly after I made a decision when I was very young to never tell on them anymore. Then they excluded me less, (which was a problem for a time). Brother no.2 and I were like best friends for a long time growing up, very close (except for times he decided, with my brothers, that he didn't want a girl tagging along for some activity) till he started (young) getting girlfriends - he had basically 3 successive girlfriends growing up, one after the other - then they were his best friend instead of me.. I usually had a good friend or two though, and otherwise it was a pretty isolated childhood at home and at school since I was shy (till college years).

Other relations:
    ex-husband: ENFJ
    my son: ESTP

Man I love: ISTP
    His ex: ENFJ
    His daughter, dysfunctional and the biggest cross in his life: ESFP
    His son: ISTP
    We should type your brothers. Have any observations?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Minde
    I love cairn terriers! Please be sure to get pics of the two dogs when they first meet. And let us know who goes into play bow first.

My papillon was raised by cats, so she's not much proficient in dog language. When she has to meet a dog, she constantly sends out the wrong signals. *sigh*
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This province has really strict dog biting laws in that when a dog bites a person, it has to be reported. Doctors and hospitals are also required to report it. My little dog can be very scared of people, especially when they encroach on him. When he feels threatened, he will snap. It was never a problem because he will stay away from people on his own, but where I live, a lot of children will run up to the dog and try to pet them. I am terrified that a child will run up to him before I can say something and get bit. He would have to go into quarantine and worse. So I made a rule that nobody touches any of the dogs. The bigger one is ok with being pet, but I feel safer that way.

My next-door neighbor is convinced that he would never bite her. Granted he was surprisingly ok with her when they first met, but she keeps sticking her fingers in his face. The other day she came over, barged in here although I told her I was on the phone, fed them treats and started to tease him. I asked her to please stop it because he might bite, but she continued (tried to take his treat away again for whatever reason....) and I got so irritated and said "please don't, I don't need the stress of him biting someone. "Oh he won't bite me!" Wtf, don't tell me what my dog does and doesn't do! He is a rescue, he was a scared and snappy little mess and I am happy we got him this far in that he trusts some people. I don't need some bully who wants to prove "how great she is with animals" to mess it up. She wouldn't even have to report the bite - the hospital would have to (or an over-eager neighbor will). I am so irritated. When she realized how irritated I was, she gave me a hug (this was maybe the third we had ever talked and I can't stand being hugged by strangers) and said "awww, you are having a bit of a panic attack!" I just about lost it.

Only 11 more months and I can move...lol.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    SEE comes to mind.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, they are both over six foot tall. ISTP Brother no. 2 more average, around 5'10. ISTP was the first of us all to learn anything athletic, he could climb most nimbly, roller and ice skate, water and snow ski first and fastest, etc. But they were all pretty active that way, and competed with each other, and badgered me to try things I was cautious about and not wanting to try, like jump off a huge super-high diving board (that they would never have for public use any more) at this park we always visited. I always had to get in line and jump or I wouldn't hear the end of it. I refused to dive though.

When my Dad died and everyone came here, I stayed out of all the planning because I was exhausted from being with my Dad the months before he died, and I was grieving. ISTP brother No. 2 from FL kind of hung back with me, because it sure seemed like brothers Brother no. 1 (here in town) and Brother no. 2 [from AZ] didn't need any help - they worked together like well-oiled machines, tackling every detail from first to last with great energy and enthusiasm, writing and publishing obituary, funeral home arrangements, planning funeral down to the last detail, cemetery arrangements, getting flowers, insurance, places for out-of-towners to stay, planning a big reception and food and drink for it, who was going in what car, everything. I was SO GLAD to have them take over when I felt shell-shocked and like I had nothing left.

Eldest No. 1 lives here in town and is in charge of my mother's estate and I do the care for Mom [Alzheimer's], and I have to go to him for my needs for her, which I was annoyed with at first but it works okay so I'm all okay with it now. Growing up he was always very independent and always doing stuff on his own, making stuff with erector set, or chem set, or fishing or building the ultimate forts. He was quite young when he blasted out the hornets nest over the garage, so I would say he would try anything. He achieved Eagle Scout and was always doing something, mowing, raking, fixing, whatever he was asked he would do he would do it. He hooked up free cable from the pole out back and put in phone extensions around the house and had a contraption on the phone to see when someone picked up an extension and he had an amazing stereo system with components he put together or created. He could do about anything. That was high school. Now he is some kind of mechanical engineer, long hours, and also has a job setting up an putting off those giant professional fireworks, and also exercises religiously. He was competing in a local triathlon when his daughter no.2 was being born in the hospital...

His wife left him when the youngest was completing high school. I say this after the above for a reason. They would not divulge a reason for the divorce, they were all-mum. They went to counseling; he was earnest about the process, but my intuition made me ask him, "Do you think she wants counseling to tell you why she is leaving, not to make it work?" He got so mad at me, but turns out I was right. I have no proof but feel sure (from clues) she found someone else, and made him promise to keep their business theirs. I know what its like to be left, but I do understand why she would leave and I do feel for my brother's cluelessness that anything could have gone wrong. He was faithful and hardworking, but that is not enough.

He has hobbies like wine and beer making, and likes to eat and create fine excellent tasting food with freshest ingredients he got from an early morngn visit to the farm market. He likes a culinary challenge. Like he won't just bake the turkey, he'll smoke it or he'll deep-fry it - last year I think it was "orange turkey" with some amazing herbs. He is extremely busy but can be asked to spend a day helping with someones hot-sauce canning or re-roofing or motorcycle fixing and he will fit it in..

He does all this stuff, so his house is stuffed and can get pretty messy, especially since he is thrifty and saves stuff for creative uses. Though he can clean it up well. He also can wear a ripped and worn old windbreaker falling apart from high school days and with some new biker pants that look like they were designed for an alien. Sometimes he can look quite well turned out but sometimes he will exercise in some outlandish combinations of clothes and he doesn't care. There is always some kind of carelessness to his looks it seems. He likes utilitarian. When they redid their kitchen it took forever because he wanted to do the lighting himself, and it was perfect lighting, there is nothing in that kitchen that does not have a special light effects (under-counter, over-counter, spotlights, etc. etc. etc). He is thorough. He is getting the house ready to sell so he is fixing up the old windows. Can't just paint them, though, he has to take them completely apart and put in new ropes properly. And I am an artist, but he had to show ME how to paint his woodwork. He did house-painting summers in college and there is a CERTAIN way to hold the brush and a CERTAIN way to load the brush and a CERTAIN way exactly to lay on each stroke, in a certain order, for each particular place.

Younger brother is the one I think in an activity relationship with ENFJ. I am pretty sure about her type, just guessing on the relationship but it fits. They have a great marraige, and have 4 boys, and they have an active life with family activities, vacations, getting together with other friends with lots of kids, having large gatherings at their house or others houses, celebrating something usually. Both work full time at busy jobs. This brother always writes the best most entertaining very humorous Christmas letters about life with four active boys 2 years or less apart in age. He always wrote well. He went the longest in this challenging school district we moved to and writing with literacy is an emphasis here. Had a lot of friends, played football fairly well in this school where football is not a strength (but the uniforms and the field - nothing but the best), got good grades, went to college for marketing and does that regionally for car sales now. He networks well; he and his wife are very outgoing friendly and fun to be around. When Brother No.1 was driving me crazy with his control when we were trying to make this transition for my Mom work, I complained to him, counting on a listening ear (but now I deal directly with No.1; I have found my way with him). So what else else can I say but that he was well-adjusted in school, work, friends (got award in first grade for "best-all-around kid" and that's pretty much what he has always been like), excellent Dad an excellent attentive husband (When I visited when they were all small I marveled at him coming home from long hours at work and chipping right in with the boys - "what can I do?" he'd ask as soon as he got in the door, and he'd wash dishes, change diapers, make dinner, manage play, and work together with his wife till bedtime... Never heard him ask for "my" time or "me" anything (which is what I was used to at home)...

I do know my brothers are all T's, I was definitely outnumbered in that. I remember this "feeling-outnumbered" being behind my, sometime in high school, deciding I was not going to talk at the dinner table anymore (we had sit-down dinners together all through growing up). I think maybe all ST's?But I don't know for sure with these two brothers, if they are both S's; maybe N's?? Both are great at gettign a lot accomplished, so I think J's, but they are kind of messy though they can get neat, and into a lot of projects, so then maybe Ps? My mother was the only other F in this clan, ISFJ, but preferred my brothers , I always thought (her leaning towards them and away from me in family pics kind of gives it away) and was not understanding of me. Thank God for my out-of-town grandmother - when she came, I felt loved and validated. I think she was ENFP, that must be where I inherited my odd typing.

Once brother no.1 had directed me to his garage to get something when he wasn't home. One car, detached garage was unlocked, and is in the middle of a suburban town, and garage was packed top to bottom, front to back with fireworks!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 09-30-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ehh, my two dogs died. The rat as well. I'm nostalgic.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Once brother no.1 had directed me to his garage to get something when he wasn't home. One car, detached garage was unlocked, and is in the middle of a suburban town, and garage was packed top to bottom, front to back with fireworks!
    I need to help you on observing the things that are type related. I'll PM you.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    This province has really strict dog biting laws in that when a dog bites a person, it has to be reported. Doctors and hospitals are also required to report it. My little dog can be very scared of people, especially when they encroach on him. When he feels threatened, he will snap. It was never a problem because he will stay away from people on his own, but where I live, a lot of children will run up to the dog and try to pet them. I am terrified that a child will run up to him before I can say something and get bit. He would have to go into quarantine and worse. So I made a rule that nobody touches any of the dogs. The bigger one is ok with being pet, but I feel safer that way.

My next-door neighbor is convinced that he would never bite her. Granted he was surprisingly ok with her when they first met, but she keeps sticking her fingers in his face. The other day she came over, barged in here although I told her I was on the phone, fed them treats and started to tease him. I asked her to please stop it because he might bite, but she continued (tried to take his treat away again for whatever reason....) and I got so irritated and said "please don't, I don't need the stress of him biting someone. "Oh he won't bite me!" Wtf, don't tell me what my dog does and doesn't do! He is a rescue, he was a scared and snappy little mess and I am happy we got him this far in that he trusts some people. I don't need some bully who wants to prove "how great she is with animals" to mess it up. She wouldn't even have to report the bite - the hospital would have to (or an over-eager neighbor will). I am so irritated. When she realized how irritated I was, she gave me a hug (this was maybe the third we had ever talked and I can't stand being hugged by strangers) and said "awww, you are having a bit of a panic attack!" I just about lost it.

Only 11 more months and I can move...lol.
    woah...how old is this neighbor???

Maybe sit her down and tell her that the dog is a rescue dog who was hurt/teased/whatever and learned to not trust people. That you are trying to give this dog a chance and to socialize it to be CALM around people and to learn that people can be trusted, that not all of them are bullies. BUT, the legal rules are that if this dog feels overwhelmed or bullied and bites a person even ONE time, then the dog would be quarantined, ISOLATED!!, and/or worse. Ask her if she's willing to put this dog through that isolation and possible death....or if she'd rather help the dog learn calmness and gentleness around people.

Basically, sit her down and make sure SHE understands the risks that the dog faces, how the dog has in the past and may again interpret various actions, and then present the choice to her in such a way that there is only one obvious answer. Either she's willing to help the dog...or she's more interested in putting the dog at risk of being put to death.

If she continues the teasing, point out to her that she's choosing the death risk for the dog...
    And if you still need to drive the point home...remind her that she's choosing the death option for the dog just so she herself can have a little fun. (that she's choosing her own wants over the dog's needs)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She knows that the dog is a rescue and that he is very easily scared. She is convinced he loves her and won't bite her. Tbh, I don't want to engage with this person after she just walked into my house although I told her I am busy and patronized me. She also uses emotional blackmail to get me to hang out with her (she is ill and bored and lonely). She has been very insistent on hanging out to the point where it was creepy. And when she hugged me, the creep factor went up too far. I can't deal with that right now. Too much bs to deal with as it is.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She knows that the dog is a rescue and that he is very easily scared. She is convinced he loves her and won't bite her. Tbh, I don't want to engage with this person after she just walked into my house although I told her I am busy and patronized me. She also uses emotional blackmail to get me to hang out with her (she is ill and bored and lonely). She has been very insistent on hanging out to the point where it was creepy. And when she hugged me, the creep factor went up too far. I can't deal with that right now. Too much bs to deal with as it is.

Understandable.
    Based on the description, I am reminded of the kinds of people that one has to treat carefully else they'll suddenly switch attitudes, from being your 'bestest bud in the whole wide world!!' to making false accusations and/or setting you up for legal difficulties....all while smiling and waving at you like nothing had changed.

Good luck...to you AND the dog.

(on a semi-related note....it's probably a good thing we hadn't gotten to meet at seattle...I'd have probably given you a hug before thinking twice about it. )
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post

Understandable.
    Based on the description, I am reminded of the kinds of people that one has to treat carefully else they'll suddenly switch attitudes, from being your 'bestest bud in the whole wide world!!' to making false accusations and/or setting you up for legal difficulties....all while smiling and waving at you like nothing had changed.

Good luck...to you AND the dog.

(on a semi-related note....it's probably a good thing we hadn't gotten to meet at seattle...I'd have probably given you a hug before thinking twice about it. )
    You know, I have been thinking that she might be the type of person who might switch attitudes although I have a feeling her laid-back attitude might actually be genuine. I don't want to antagonize her and might drop a note into her mailbox with some well-wishes and apologies that I don't have time right now. And it's not just her, I am just overall a bit overwhelmed and it's quite enough to meet all these new colleagues and students. Still, I am worried that if I show too much interest, she might latch on again. I know she is just friendly and lonely and all, but she doesn't get my boundaries.

And I would have hugged you first because you are not a stranger (quite the contrary)! Come to think of it, I have been hugged by strangers before and it was mostly fine. It was the situation: I was irritated by her behavior and instead of stopping it, she gives me a hug as if to say "you poor little darling are just stressed out" instead of respecting my wishes and correcting her behavior. I felt patronized and disrespected (and creeped out, yes).
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I have been thinking that she might be the type of person who might switch attitudes although I have a feeling her laid-back attitude might actually be genuine. I don't want to antagonize her and might drop a note into her mailbox with some well-wishes and apologies that I don't have time right now. And it's not just her, I am just overall a bit overwhelmed and it's quite enough to meet all these new colleagues and students. Still, I am worried that if I show too much interest, she might latch on again. I know she is just friendly and lonely and all, but she doesn't get my boundaries.

And I would have hugged you first because you are not a stranger (quite the contrary)! Come to think of it, I have been hugged by strangers before and it was mostly fine. It was the situation: I was irritated by her behavior and instead of stopping it, she gives me a hug as if to say "you poor little darling are just stressed out" instead of respecting my wishes and correcting her behavior. I felt patronized and disrespected (and creeped out, yes).
    That kind of hug would have creeped me out too, I'm sure.

Off topic, but about creepy hugs....
    The social group that I visit with once a month or so has a guy in it that has a tendency to feel up all the women. When we first joined, I was unlucky enough to be included in that. It was a very huggy group, and I'm a huggy person. But this guy would be trying to get full body hugs. So I was constantly making sure something was in between us, like a chair, or a person. Or I'd scootch my back end away so it was a leaning hug. One time he was insistent that a leaning hug wasn't good enough and grabbed me to try again. I turned sideways during the hug so he got shoulder instead. So he grabbed me and persisted yet again. By this time I was pissed off, so I stuck my knee up between us. He finally got the message and hasn't tried to hug me since. I'm not sure if it's cuz he got the message...or cuz the guys around him had been laughing at the techniques I had been using to avoid the body hugs.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Delta update:

Jadea is here in LA; we've done the Hollywood star walk and Sunset; he's seen some of the communities around town. We're having a lot of fun together; I don't think there's been a moment when we haven't observed anything odd and laughed about it.

Mike (Jadae) is one of the best duals I've ever met; he's right in par with my cousin and I'm a very picky mickey

He came in my home and he said "so, do you want me to help you get the stuff you need to make things work here?" What do you think I said? "YES, YES, YES, YES."

And then I asked, well don't you want to take inventory of stuff; he said "no, I have everything memorized." Then I melted away like butter. We walked into a few home goodies stores and he said "you need things that are less angular." I though "GOD HELP ME, THIS FEELS SO GOOD."

How can anyone be so satisfied by such small things?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-05-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope you don't stand by his window at night and stare at him while he sleeps, maritsa

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    i hope you don't stand by his window at night and stare at him while he sleeps, maritsa
    Actually, I don't. Socionics is a marvelous tool to assess one's weak spots. Doesn't matter if they fake it or not.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta update:

Jadea is here in LA; we've done the Hollywood star walk and Sunset; he's seen some of the communities around town. We're having a lot of fun together; I don't think there's been a moment when we haven't observed anything odd and laughed about it.

Mike (Jadae) is one of the best duals I've ever met; he's right in par with my cousin and I'm a very picky mickey

He came in my home and he said "so, do you want me to help you get the stuff you need to make things work here?" What do you think I said? "YES, YES, YES, YES."

And then I asked, well don't you want to take inventory of stuff; he said "no, I have everything memorized." Then I melted away like butter. We walked into a few home goodies stores and he said "you need things that are less angular." I though "GOD HELP ME, THIS FEELS SO GOOD."

How can anyone be so satisfied by such small things?
    Omigosh, how nice. This is romance, right? Yea! I am so glad for you. It must be a thing with Duals of all types, that we are so very satisfied with simple things...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Omigosh, how nice. This is romance, right? Yea! I am so glad for you. It must be a thing with Duals of all types, that we are so very satisfied with simple things...
    Maritsa said said she is going to kill you. That's how nice things manifest.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you guys are hitting it off, Maritsa. Have fun!
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I'm glad you guys are hitting it off, Maritsa. Have fun!
    Oh ye, where are my manners. Break a leg!

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Maritsa said said she is going to kill you. That's how nice things manifest.
    I can't understand most of the things you are writing Absurd! It feels like you have everything all mixed up.

However I am quite at home with this because of my mother. "Do you think I could sleep here tonight?" [she lives here] "Nice puppy!" [to the bird] "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!" [to the squirrel crossing the road in front of us]... ...This is what I am used to everyday IRL...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Jadae, doesn't push me back with will power, he asks me; for example he tugs me on my hand to move in a certain direction (is directive) "go, go, go" or "let's go this way" with the thought of directing my actions; that's opposed to "this is what I want, you go here" (I don't care what you think, you go here!); or ethical pressure "you do this therefore you should do that"; if you resist with the Se, they argue back. We don't argue back with one another. I let him direct me not because I'm submissive, but because I've already logically agreed that that is the best choice of action or movement to take.

So today we went to the majestic Huntington Library, had Peruvian food, and Chinese food, we walked around and now I'm ready to pass out.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you motherfuckers not conduct your personal affairs without blabbering about them publicly? Jesus Christ in a chicken basket.

Creepy-pokeball

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww. I think Maritsa is in lurve.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Aww. I think Maritsa is in lurve.
    Yes, I love him. He's a gentlemen and not in a creepy charming way.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can't understand most of the things you are writing Absurd! It feels like you have everything all mixed up.

However I am quite at home with this because of my mother. "Do you think I could sleep here tonight?" [she lives here] "Nice puppy!" [to the bird] "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!" [to the squirrel crossing the road in front of us]... ...This is what I am used to everyday IRL...
    Actually, I have everything in the proper place compared to members' on here who have more patches than brains. Oh and tell your mom that Absurd says 'hi.'

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I love him. He's a gentlemen and not in a creepy charming way.

When is creepy ever charming?

Ironically if I were Jadae I would be utterly creeped out that you were raving about me so publicly after a two day meeting.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ironically if I were Jadae I would be utterly creeped out that you were raving about me so publicly after a two day meeting.
    Yeah, but that's my way of complimenting someone. Not necessarily raving but just pointing out their positive qualities, because that's what I see, I'm a positivist type.
    -

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So am I according to you and I think it's creepy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

But, we've met and hung out before. So, it wasn't after a two day meeting.
    -

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But is it charming?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*is still creeped out*

I've lived with my boyfriend for six years and I would never extol his virtues like that. Look at me I'm a really shit positivist.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa suffers from a perceptual disturbance (called "socionics") which causes her to think of a normal, yet nice guy as the the most perfect match for her. That's why she believes that simple acts of kindess are the unambiguous sign of their duality, since she needs "Te" so bad. (Hey, he even said "make things work" and remembers things, Te all over the place!!)

Jadae could have done virtually everything, like, kick a puppy and enjoy it, Maritsa would have interpreted it as voodoo dual shit.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but charming can be creepy...

Aw, you can't get this? She is happy, and wants to share it. And if they are both very much enjoying each others company, its normal especially for an NF to be expressing her feelings.

When I met my Dual, one year ago two days hence, I had similar really strong feelings about minor little things. I did not know he was my Dual though, as I didn't know Socionics, but there was no denying this was something way out of the norm...

As to "two days together", apparently they have met previously, and I imagine they have been writing... I hope it works out for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Maritsa suffers from a perceptual disturbance (called "socionics") which causes her to think of a normal, yet nice guy as the the most perfect match for her. That's why she believes that simple acts of kindness are the unambiguous sign of their duality, since she needs "Te" so bad. (Hey, he even said "make things work" and remembers things, Te all over the place!!)
    LOL- perpetual disturbance! Now she did not announce he is the "perfect match". Yes, you can see that his Te fascinates her. I get that, my SLI's Si fascinates me... just the way it is. It is so easy with Duals, just their being themselves draws you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    could have done virtually everything, like, kick a puppy and enjoy it, Maritsa would have interpreted it as voodoo dual shit.
    Such a skeptic! Wit till it happens to you! (though you SLIs take things more cautious, you won't be the first ones to gush...)

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wish to point only one side of the 'story' has been expressed so far, ie: inferences are at your own risk, cute as they may sound.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

*is still creeped out*

I've lived with my boyfriend for six years and I would never extol his virtues like that. Look at me I'm a really shit positivist.
    Well, the difference between you and I would be what you prefer to do and what I like to do. Isn't that a good enough difference to have between people, or do they all need to be conjugated under your own preference?
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL- perpetual disturbance!
    *perceptual

Now she did not announce he is the "perfect match".
    That's what I concluded from what she wrote.

Such a skeptic! Wit till it happens to you! (though you SLIs take things more cautious, you won't be the first ones to gush...)
    Well, Maritsa thinks I'm ILI you know... That must be it.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the difference between you and I would be what you prefer to do and what I like to do. Isn't that a good enough difference to have between people, or do they all need to be conjugated under your own preference?
    No. Yes.

By the way: this thing that you do when you get flustered and you have a bit of an outburst is kind of funny.

Also do Jadae and I seem to conflict to you? I rather like the guy.
    Last edited by Scapegrace; 10-07-2012 at 06:30 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also do Jadae and I seem to conflict to you? I rather like the guy.
    Conflictory relations doesn't mean you won't like the person or that you don't have the same sense of humor or wouldn't appreciate each other's company; it means living in the same space, sharing day to day tasks is not favorable for this type of relations. You guys probably have a good sense of humor, joke around and maintain respect towards one another, but you don't share a lot of the other parts of who you are, there are more I'm sure.
    -