Page 105 of 163 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,200 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Let me know if there is anything I might be able to help you with. I taught a number of courses on introduction to argument, etc.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Let me know if there is anything I might be able to help you with. I taught a number of courses on introduction to argument, etc.
    Thank you!
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right. Like the 100 times you offered to help me with school related issues, just to then avoid me and turn everything into small talk. You're nothing but nosy and unreliable.

Which reminds me to share an observation about people who openly offer help to others. They rarely do it, and their motives are often related to self-image, prying, gaining interpersonal/political advantages, etc.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Right. Like the 100 times you offered to help me with school related issues, just to then avoid me and turn everything into small talk. You're nothing but nosy and unreliable.
    I get busy and distracted and you are more than welcome to send follow-up messages. I offered to send you my email address (if I haven't already), which is a better way to communicate with me.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're pretty quick to respond when you don't have to actually help someone.

I apologize for not being very focused. You might need to look for another dual. Don't hate.
    Focus has nothing to do with responsibility and integrity of character. If you get busy and distracted and can't keep your word, you shouldn't offer to help. Unless, of course, you don't mind lying and being an unaccountable hypocrite.

For now I can't wait to stick my nosy nose into Ryene's top secret class assignments.
    Taking my words out of context to make me look silly. Great work.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your criticism was totally justified and I am sorry about not following through. Lack of follow-through and being easily distracted are among my biggest character flaws, especially when I get overwhelmed with tasks. In my job, I have developed strategies to make it work, but that doesn't always translate into other parts of my life. You can always remind me something and more likely than not, I will get to it right away (I tell my students to send reminders if I don't respond within 24 hours). In fact, shaming me works best ("hey, unreliable flake, what about your promise").

Which reminds me to share an observation about people who openly offer help to others. They rarely do it, and their motives are often related to self-image, prying, gaining interpersonal/political advantages, etc.
    I own being unreliable, easily distracted, and lacking follow-through, but this is just silly.
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Help Park, Kim, he is, hmm, grasping for air.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It feels weird sometimes. I'll come across something that I perceive as too insensitive, narrow-minded, horribly mistaken, offensively condescending, etc, and my initial reaction is to perform the verbal bitch slap of smiting on the person responsible. Then I see other people who may hold the same view as I but who handle the situation far more diplomatically. They're willing to give that person the benefit of the doubt, to say, "maybe his/her heart is in the right place but he/she misunderstands something", and to patiently work it out, try to find common ground and go from there. Maybe I'm too stuck on stereotypes, but I find myself thinking, "I'm Delta here. Shouldn't I be more willing to look beyond the immediate offense? Shouldn't I be the one oozing diplomacy and gently steering them toward a better understanding/perception?" And I can sometimes, but not so much when I am emotionally involved. When I am emotionally involved, I don't want to make excuses for the offender; they have crossed my values, and I must smite. I get focused on pwning the person and sometimes making them feel bad/ashamed for what they've said, forgetting that unleashing my fiery wrath upon someone feels awesome but is a rather unproductive approach if I want to truly change his/her mind. Maybe it's a maturity thing?

And Maritsa swoops down in 3... 2... 1...
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    And Maritsa swoops down in 3... 2... 1...
    Death from above.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I spent last week riding bikes all around a flat, dry, dusty desert and I survived. Thrived a little even.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    So I spent last week riding bikes all around a flat, dry, dusty desert and I survived. Thrived a little even.
    Yay! How exciting! I bet you were sore the next day.
    And now you've got more confidence in your bicycling abilities, right? (insert clapping hand emoticon)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Yay! How exciting! I bet you were sore the next day.
    And now you've got more confidence in your bicycling abilities, right? (insert clapping hand emoticon)
    Haha, yes, I was sore, especially the first few days. But by the end of the week it didn't seem to hurt quite as much. I definitely have more confidence!
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te in action is like a slow motion car crash. It's slow, painful and everyone knows what's going to happen
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fermi View Post
    Te in action is like a slow motion car crash. It's slow, painful and everyone knows what's going to happen
    Actually I didn't know I'm going to have four motorcycle accidents and fall down from the stairs five times but to think a damn hornet that stung me in my head would land in my hospital is hilarious.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Actually I didn't know I'm going to have four motorcycle accidents and fall down from the stairs five times.
    You got fucked by Te pretty good dude. You might want to lie down.
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fermi View Post
    You got fucked by Te pretty good dude. You might want to lie down.
    I'm not licked yet.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm travel and relaxing this weekend. And, I'm going to eat protein LOL

And, since it's a vacation, I'm not taking my computer with me so there will be no posts from me

But, I may (not sure yet) appear in the tiny chat room.

I'm going to really enjoy it.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa

Enjoy your vacation! I will miss your posts
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    @Maritsa

Enjoy your vacation! I will miss your posts
    Thanks
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I didn't know I'm going to have four motorcycle accidents and fall down from the stairs five times but to think a damn hornet that stung me in my head would land in my hospital is hilarious.
    's because your sucks.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

's because your sucks.
    That's one way of putting it. I'm sure there's more, like the road was crap, curves were too curvey, it rained, stairs were mightier than before and more steep, gravitational pull after a one too many was noticeable, etc. I'm still pissed at that hornet though.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm going to be an auntie again So super excited.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    I'm going to be an auntie again So super excited.
    Why did the previous baby die?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Why did the previous baby die?
    No, we're having my sister's second baby.
    -

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're having it together? Now that's a family. The family that carries a pregnancy together is the family that stays together. <3
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

El Pulpo Mechanico

Who wants to see a new world? Through the gate!

(my iPhone takes pretty nice photos, if I do say so myself)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see the first one making a great video game boss.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow morning I begin the process of signing my daughter up for an online high school, then pulling her out of public school at about the end of the week. I'm both excited for her, and terrified for me, lol. I'll be helping her with learning the crafts she wants to learn (I am NOT a craftsy kind of gal!!). And helping her learn the skills needed for her to become more self-directed. At least it won't be like it was when I homeschooled her before. For starters, she's not so linear, rules-based, and concrete like she was, though I'll still have to cut down on how many approaches, options, and views I offer her. Also, this time someone else is covering the academic portions.

I'm excited in that I've finally begun learning in what ways she pushes past her mental-shutdowns, as long as it's in a context she wants to be in. So I'll be encouraging this. I think enough practice in this will eventually carry over into other contexts. As a mother...I can finally see some hope of her living the kind of life she wants, and being happy. It's a huge relief.

Unfortunately, it does mean 2 more years before I can resume my own personal interests and hobbies. *sigh*
    And it might mean I won't be able to visit the forum as much as I'd like. It would be too distracting. Though maybe I'll be safer in the social threads...(while avoiding the theory related threads ).

On the plus side, I'll be learning completely new stuff, yay for that.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@anndelise I got the Gentle Leader. We tried it out today.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's gotten so big!
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I spent the weekend RELAXING with Jadea in Oregon. Couldn't fish for those sushi though; he had me under surveillance.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    @anndelise I got the Gentle Leader. We tried it out today.
    How did it work for you?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's gotten so big!
    I know!

He's actually smaller than I expected him to get, though. His mom was a smallish golden retriever, though, and maybe his dad wasn't that big either. He's still pretty thumpable, though, and he's quite a cuddler and very huggable, so I'm ok with how he's turning out. His fur is super soft, too...

How did it work for you?
    I used lots of tiny treats putting it on and adjusting it, and while he squirmed and pawed a little at first I think he's already gotten a little used to it. We went on a short walk with it and he pulled like usual for the first two minutes, but using the pull-then-release method I think he's starting to get the hang of it. Near the end I was able to have the lead pretty slack and he stayed by my side, so I think just practicing a bit more will do the trick really well.

My goal is to eventually have him be a relatively reliable off-lead dog (in appropriate places, of course). It might take awhile, but he's smart enough and so sweet that if I take enough time and effort to invest in the training I think it can happen.

Later, when I put it back on him to take the pictures, he seemed comfortable enough with it to sit and stay still while I shot him (he got more treats, of course).

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have been thinking of getting one for my female. She has become extremely protective and sometimes lunges at other dogs and men (she doesn't bite, but it's annoying). Off the leash she is just fine, but on the leash she can be a pain (since we got the little one - she is his big protective sister).
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been thinking of getting one for my female. She has become extremely protective and sometimes lunges at other dogs and men (she doesn't bite, but it's annoying). Off the leash she is just fine, but on the leash she can be a pain (since we got the little one - she is his big protective sister).
    Bunter isn't aggressive, but he does love playing with other dogs so when he sees them he tries to go toward them. Today on our walk there were a couple walking toward us but I crossed to the other side of the street because this was new enough without trying to add in yet another ingredient. But I imagine it would help with that, too. My main concern is that it might interfere with natural doggy language when they are allowed to interact.

I'd say it probably wouldn't hurt to try on your pup. I do think that it involves more than just throwing it on and expecting magical good behavior - it's a tool, not a solution. But you know that already.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lets see what did he and I do. What did he do? LOL
    He made me relax, and eat good and healthy food. He wouldn't let me overexert myself and drove me to peaceful, scenic drives and areas where I could eat good foods and he pointed out that I should eat meat. I ate all kinds of meat or balanced meals when I spent time with him. Salmon, chicken, and beef. What I really wanted was more time so that he could prepare his tasty pork chops for us, but I didn't have time.

Next time, fun with this talkative, heart warming, fun loving, conscientious dual.

I came back home and my toes were relaxed. LOL
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's gotten so big!
    Ye, he can eat few forum people actually. Does he eat humans from other quadras, Minde?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ye, he can eat few forum people actually. Does he eat humans from other quadras, Minde?
    No, he likes pretty much everybody, though perhaps some more than others. He's a very people-friendly dog.

I saw him chase a bee around once and bite at it. Oh, and he tried to chase a squirrel once. I don't think he'd eat it, though.