Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Tcaud\\'s Dual-typing thread

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're really a fucking retard. Yes, I am Ni-ego, and the fact I was role-playing is... proof of it.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Let's both . It's the only reasonable response to this catfight.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    You're really a fucking retard. Yes, I am Ni-ego, and the fact I was role-playing is... proof of it.
    Role-playing is a form of "using" Ni. It doesn't mean you're any good at it. You're proof gives me the giggles.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have plenty of evidence of my imaginative streak, but you're not worth my time. I'm just gonna ignore you now since it's clear you're just gonna keep harassing me.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The seed of doubt is planted. You will never be the same again.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCuckooLander View Post
    Let's both . It's the only reasonable response to this catfight.
    Cool, tandem yawns are the bestestest.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Cool, tandem yawns are the bestestest.
    I believe they are.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- your sociotype

EII or IEE (IEE most likely for now)

- what you are good at

music (particularly vocal, but also instrumental), reading, writing, grammar and spelling, cooking, talking, teaching my children, physical activity that does not require excellent coordination, acting (performing), putting together a good outfit that suits the occasion, thinking up fun things to do (particularly with kids), interior decorating, selecting a perfect melon at the grocery store (haha)

- what kinds of work you enjoy / career

I taught swimming lessons to children for a couple years-- that was fun, but I also tired of it after a couple of years (once my oldest kid became a toddler and it took most of my energy just dealing with the kid at home or the kids at work-- I could no longer handle both). I am part of my community choir and enjoy that. I am a stay-at-home-mom; and while I love and enjoy my children, it is also very stressful(though I handled it pretty well when I had just one, two has been a challenge for me)-- You couldn't pay me enough to do that sort of work for anyone else's kids. I My career path right now is to be a personal trainer for pregnant and post-partum women (I have no interest in working with men or with body-builder types); I want to use my career to help women and children live healthier lifestyles. Other careers I have considered in the past: book editor/publisher; speech pathologist; psychologist; interior designer; vocal performance/voice teacher; journalist. If I got paid to do it, though, I think I would just want to be a student forever, always learning about something new.

- what job you have now

Oops. See above.

- your hobbies

reading, writing, cooking, creating, singing, walking, hiking, shopping (if only I had the money...as it is, I have to restrict myself, which is really a good thing), personality theory, people watching (you know, like bird watching...only with people...)

- whether you enjoy athletic sports

I would if I were good at it. I enjoy walking, and jogging sometimes (I need to get me a jogging stroller). Hiking. Swimming. Have tried to get into tennis and would have enjoyed it, but I'm not corrdinated enough, and I don't have the time to devote to training. I like to hula-hoop and jump-rope. Also, Dance Dance Revolution!

- what you are notably bad at / careers you think you would fail in

I did fast food for a summer...I was terrible at it; way too fast-paced and high pressure. So, yeah, basically anything fast-paced and high-pressure is out. Also engineering would be a bad choice. Or anything with applied mathematics or computer programming-- too impersonal. ER nurse or doctor. Bureoucrat. Taxi/bus/truck driver.

- what you try to avoid doing.

Housework (except the bare essentials-- like dishes and laundry, which would pile up if I ignored them). Paperwork of any sort. Going to bed when I have a lot on my mind. Getting up in the morning after pulling a late-nighter. Driving.

- what a romantic relationship most means to you. Your criterion for leaving / recognizing when a relationship isn't working out.

Physical closeness. Intellectual equality and stimulating conversation. Ability for both partners to communicate openly and honestly. Spiritual compatibility. Must have some common interests, as well as common long-range goals. What would lead me to consider leaving my marriage? Well, infidelity I suppose. If it was obvious to me that my husband no longer cared for me enough to be faithful and honest, then it would be time to leave. Or if he started to abuse me or my children (but he'd have to go psychotic to do something like that).

EM Dichotomy preferences are:
    Deep
    Routine
    Deliberate/Spotaneous (toss-up)
    Motivated
    Inaccurate
    Restrained
    Arithmetic
    Tolerant
    Harmonious
    Fictionalist
    Concrete/Abstract (hard to say for certain. Learning a foreign language does not come naturally to me, but neither do I resist it)
    Last edited by pianosinger; 10-08-2010 at 05:48 PM.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aleksei you haven't provided enough specifics for me to distinguish your interests one way or the other.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krig I think you're LII-ILE, based on your critique of Che's understanding of Gulenko in the LII-IEI thread. You seem to make a point of correcting people's understanding of ideas -- you are very nuanced about it. That you are non-fictionalist, points to Ne EM base.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Things I need to know to diagnose your dual-type:
    - your sociotype: IEI
    - what you are good at: writing, making art, having a good heart
    - what kinds of work you enjoy / career: helping gay guys feel better about themselves
    - what job you have now: online therapist and unpaid social worker writer to people who feel like harming themselves because the world is making them feel bad about who they are
    - your hobbies: helping people, connecting with people for real, arguing with people, getting under people's skin
    - whether you enjoy athletic sports: No.
    - what you are notably bad at / careers you think you would fail in: Sports, aggression... economic dominance.
    - what you try to avoid doing: Work, physical labor. External straight man real job shit.
    - what a romantic relationship most means to you. Somebody who gets your heart and understands you and is there for you when you need them the most, and won't tease you or bully you or ridicule you when you need help.

Your criterion for leaving / recognizing when a relationship isn't working out. When I just feel that we're not connecting or clicking anymore. We just aren't seeing things the same way. And so they naturally drift off to other people and I keep going further in the darkness where I'm needed the most. I'm an angel. I have no dark side because I spend too many hours being introverted and it gets rid of all of it. Deal with my brightness. (I was being half joking, half serious there. Of course I have a bad side but probably not as much as you)

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your sociotype - IEI
    what you are good at - writing (not like.. now on the forum like some other IEI's do, i prefer to do it only when i am writing something more "formal" ) understanding people problems, listening. sometimes i am good with computers, but only if i put my mind to it, and i don't enjoy it. remembering birthdays.
    what kinds of work you enjoy / career - psychology, maybe teaching psychology if it doesn't work out but i would be incredibly nervous to stand in front of a classroom, and i would worry what they think of me..etc.
    what job you have now - N/A
    your hobbies - this (meaning socionics). watching movies, playing video games. reading dramatic stories. reading anything. people watching.
    whether you enjoy athletic sports - no. anything that deals with hitting a ball i basically fail at. i've considered getting into boxing to see how i would like it though. and i do enjoy yoga, if it cournts, it doesn't really require coordination but i can still stay in shape with it. and stretching feels good.
    what you are notably bad at / careers you think you would fail in - i think i would be a bad politician, wouldn't like anything where i would have to be in the public eye, i bet i would make a lot of mistakes . sales/business kind of jobs. medical. also bad at making decisions. i'm lazy.
    what you try to avoid doing. - causing too much attention. don't mind being with others who cause attention. routine life and boredom (unsuccessful with avoiding it sometimes). .. i can't think of anything else right now.
    what a romantic relationship most means to you. - committing yourself to one person. compromise. setting aside time to spend with each other, especially doing fun activities, at least like once a month, and having an annual vacation, it doesn't have to be BIG every year but getting away for a short while. spending your life with that one person but not making them your life. always being there for support. always keeping romance alive so neither person loses interest and looks for it somewhere else.
    Your criterion for leaving / recognizing when a relationship isn't working out. - this is hard to pinpoint... if there is not high compatibility, mutual feelings, etc. boredom.

EM
    deep
    eh, more adventurous, don't like a controlled/routine environment, and drama is entertaining.
    deliberate
    reliant
    inaccurate super bold lettering if i could.
    probably more excitable but i don't have a bad temper
    i don't see myself as either formulaic or arithmetic
    (i can't decide...) i agree with some argumentative, especially the last part. but.. ugh. i think in very very close relationships, argumentative, but otherwise tolerant.
    harmonious
    fictionalist
    Concrete

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A correction about ISFJ-INTJ -- they would be most interested in the distribution of access to technology, and would point out such things as income disparities and regional inequalities as the reasons for the uneven distribution. It would be INFP-INTJ who would be discussing the ethical side of the technology itself.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greenantler View Post
    Yeah.. It slipped my mind that Fi(S) is also associated with equality. What is it about ethics that it falls under the domain of Ni(F) rather than Fi(S)?
    Because beta ni is about choice and gamma Fi is about values. Values are political; ethics really have nothing to do with politics. It's a Ti thing: if you've got 16 elements with no possibility for overlap, one function can't be processing another element's aspects. ISFJs are attentive to ethics because Ni is their HA. Just as you believe, as an ILE, that emotionally positive atmospheres should demanded, so too do ISFJs insist upon ethics. Now look at ESTPs, they wreck the emotional atmosphere, and ISTJs, they frequently use force in unethical ways. ILEs create disagreements, etc. Two sides of hidden agenda, a positive and a negative.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910