Thread: IEI Extroverted Thinking Te Polr (INFp)

Hybrid View

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Te is not lesser important. You need to know facts about possible malfunctions, about specs of concrete software and hardware, to plan a process to fix it, to find a best solution by looking forums. Computers and software are done not ok from systematic (Ti) point of view, there is a lot of bugs and conflicts. The consequence is when you meet a problem there is often several possible reasons for it and you need practically to sort out alternatives, to dig into new info.

When you do something not by standards, it can work correctly in one situation and don't in other where should. It may also to work unstably or the problems will appear later.
    As I mentioned, I made myself depressed and sick when the classes were nearing an end. Up until then I was loving tech school because all I had to deal with was os software, networking, and things of that nature. The tests were very easy to pass. I was probably feeling pretty cocky about my skills. My teacher had me tutoring others, and helping him with class preparations, from the very beginning of that program. Does that mean my Te isn't so bad after all?

When the time came to learn how to build the computer from scratch I got overwhelmed. I missed most of the classes because I was so sick over it. I told the teachers that I was studying at home and would still be able to do it. The problem was I didn't get to take apart and build a computer in class, like the others did, so I had to do my exam with very little hands on experience. Just what I knew from installing hardware on my own computer a few times. I had never built one though.

I built a solid product, somehow. I got to take it home and use it after I completed the program. I just didn't do it in the right right order, after the major components were installed. During the exam we had to take the whole thing apart and we were supposed to label everything so we could put it back together the "right" way. I was so nervous that misplaced a couple of things but I did find them later and installed them perfectly. I just didn't follow the procedures in the book. The exam took a whole day and I was so exhausted.

It was inspected and they had no way of knowing I didn't go step by step. I was very nervous about installing the power supply. Something about it intimidated me. I was better the second day, during the written part, except I drew two of the diagrams out of order. Even if he suspected I did it out of order because of that he didn't call me out on it like he did some of the guys. That is probably why I got a B+ instead of an A.

I also graduated at the very top of my class even though it was mostly men. No one had higher grades than me. Is that my Te or Ti?

Edit: I have been troubleshooting computer problems for years. Not only for myself but for others. I usually have no problem sorting it on my own. If I don't do it for awhile I might forget some things but I know how to research and find information I need to solve the problem. If I can't find it myself I will just ask a friend who knows more than I do. Sometimes there are no solutions readily available and that is when I look within for my answers. I ask myself what am I missing. I search my memory for anything that might be helpful. It works pretty well. I have found solutions to problems others hadn't yet and posted to help others.
    Last edited by Aylen; 07-13-2016 at 02:47 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Up until then I was loving tech school because all I had to deal with was os software, networking, and things of that nature.
    There is a lot of Te related stuff about tweaks, bugs and incompatibility. Besides the need to know specs of different stuff and how it's better to deal with it. Te is also important in programming as when you deal with algorithms - you are analysing the process which needs be programed, think how it's better to program, when you are understanding how works something made by others.
    So it's inappropriate to say about Ti in computers region and not about Te. It's not abstract mathematics.

Does that mean my Te isn't so bad after all?
    If you have higher than average IQ (>120), you may do some things better than most people of your type. Especially in schools.
    From types' essence, it's correctly to say only about balance of your functions. On practice for most people we may use average abbilities of types, with higher supposed to need additional training.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a lot of Te related stuff about tweaks, bugs and incompatibility. Besides the need to know specs of different stuff and how it's better to deal with it. Te is also important in programming as when you deal with algorithms - you are analysing the process which needs be programed, think how it's better to program, when you are understanding how works something made by others.
    So it's inappropriate to say about Ti in computers region and not about Te. It's not abstract mathematics.

If you have higher than average IQ (>120), you may do some things better than most people of your type. Especially in schools.
    From types' essence, it's correctly to say only about balance of your functions. On practice for most people we may use average abbilities of types, with higher supposed to need additional training.

Are you implying that high dimension Te is essential to do well programming work? It open up the discussion however types have specific strengths in Society.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I appreciate your input here but I was not implying that Te could not troubleshoot computers. I meant I was pretty good at it due to my intuition + introverted thinking. I should have clarified that. Perhaps my Te might be a little stronger than the average person of my "type" because I was raised by two logical parents, ILI and LSI. My stepdad was strict about education on all of us. I was in a ltr with and ILI. I was constantly being challenged to use logic by all of them and I am a fast learner when I am interested and paying attention. Perhaps IQ has something to do with that. I don't know but I was a straight A student until that B+. I was always a couple of grade levels ahead of other kids, in all classes, (except in maths) as a child/teen. When I went back to school, for tech certification, that didn't change, I learned quickly and was able to help others who were not picking it up as fast. I also know how to educate myself when I need to or I am interested.

Computers are easy to troubleshoot because of intuition and introverted thinking.
    I see what you are saying though. Most of the programmers I know, irl, just happen to be ILI but other types are excellent programmers as well. I imagine Ne is also very important in programming. My interest was not programming though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the stereotype that introverted intuitive ethical types are stupid/ bad at school is like.. the most incorrect ever.. I actually have always succeeded at school with almost no effort. I think I've been ahead of many people my age and even teachers pointed out my ambition/ that I was the 'only one' understanding what the teacher was saying (in German class for example, when it came to understanding really difficult texts). Most IEIs I met were at least average at school, but all of them had the potential to be much better at this stuff/ be one of the bests.
    I even met SEIs who were much better than any of the logical types at school. One SEI was my math tutor.. before I had an LII.. I liked both their styles, but the SEIs approach was much more methodical and she could explain things as well as the LII.
    Beside that many SEIs I knew were always on top of the class. Oh and I remember an ESE from school who even got honoured for being one of the best of our year, because she excelled at everything she did.. especially maths.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaviTilki View Post
    I think the stereotype that introverted intuitive ethical types are stupid/ bad at school is like.. the most incorrect ever.,
    That's a stereotype ? Yeah, it's so incorrect it's not even worth commenting on - they're definitely almost always above average or very good. No wonder it could be a stereotype here with people typing Kim Kardashian and braindead bimbos into IEI.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    That's a stereotype ? Yeah, it's so incorrect it's not even worth commenting on - they're definitely almost always above average or very good. No wonder it could be a stereotype here with people typing Kim Kardashian and braindead bimbos into IEI.
    On the forum it appears to be one, EIEs and IEIs are said to be very elegant and aristocratic.. EIEs are a tad more dramatic and IEIs actually have more of a sophisticated aura.. but I actually haven't met any stupid IEI yet all of them were at least average intelligence wise. I know lots of hard working and smart SEIs who excelled at school/ academic settings too.
    Yeah I actually think most people on the forum have no ideas about IEIs irl.. yes I think we lack objective logic.. like we usually suck at seeing our actions more objectively or think in realistic terms.. we are also lazy as Ip temperament and probably not the most practical people, but I usually see IEIs as 'brainy' people like most intuitive function dominant people or intuitives in general, who suck more at practical everyday stuff. Highly imaginative as well.
    So many negative stereotypes about IEIs tbh.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the forum it appears to be one, EIEs and IEIs are said to be very elegant and aristocratic.. EIEs are a tad more dramatic and IEIs actually have more of a sophisticated aura.. but I actually haven't met any stupid IEI yet all of them were at least average intelligence wise. I know lots of hard working and smart SEIs who excelled at school/ academic settings too.
    Yeah I actually think most people on the forum have no ideas about IEIs irl.. yes I think we lack objective logic.. like we usually suck at seeing our actions more objectively or think in realistic terms.. we are also lazy as Ip temperament and probably not the most practical people, but I usually see IEIs as 'brainy' people like most intuitive function dominant people or intuitives in general, who suck more at practical everyday stuff. Highly imaginative as well.
    I do not think IEI suck at practical stuff. ILE, IEE sure. They seem like they are slipping on everything. But IEI and even ILI are very down to earth people yet intuitive ofc.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    I do not think IEI suck at practical stuff. ILE, IEE sure. They seem like they are slipping on everything. But IEI and even ILI are very down to earth people yet intuitive ofc.
    I wouldn't call myself down to earth tbh. Rather head in the clouds.. I sometimes am so dreamy I do not listen to people bcs I am lost within thought, I daydream a lot. I am definitely lazy.. I could do lots of stuff.. I probably have the skills/ capacities to do so.. but yeah most intuitives aren't super practical.
    When I concentrate on goals though I am more like a lazer beam though.. very straight foward , waltzing toward my goal.. whenever a Ni-dom has a really important goal they will work towards it stubbornly.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mmm they are not down to earth and they suck at practical stuff - like, badly : D

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, it might look like I'm all over the place and I am.
    When it comes to doing it I usually fare well even though it looks like a disaster. I have objective scientific data to back this up. Heard similar things from others. Then from nowhere I come up with solutions in places where so called practical people never see it. I can assemble computers and stuff (had bit of hesitance first) but tinkering with fine electronical components... Practice teaches? I can design rough stuff and probably (roughly) build it.

My IEI sister is incredibly lazy. Her laziness makes her incredibly impractical. She can be smart but she is educationally stuck. She writes books and poems for herself. She is vocationally trained as result (even that took few extra years) and struggles with motivation. She pretty much failed in most of places due to motivational carelessness.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, lack of practicality is not connected to lack of intelligence (imo at least, LSE's would beg to differ lol). In school there are so many stupid ignorant people, it's really weird that people would point out Beta NF's as stupid. EIE's are often straight A students and IEI's can easilly be the same, when not too lazy : ) i havent met one IEI, EIE or EII that seemed stupid.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    As I mentioned, I made myself depressed and sick when the classes were nearing an end. Up until then I was loving tech school because all I had to deal with was os software, networking, and things of that nature. The tests were very easy to pass. I was probably feeling pretty cocky about my skills. My teacher had me tutoring others, and helping him with class preparations, from the very beginning of that program. Does that mean my Te isn't so bad after all?

When the time came to learn how to build the computer from scratch I got overwhelmed. I missed most of the classes because I was so sick over it. I told the teachers that I was studying at home and would still be able to do it. The problem was I didn't get to take apart and build a computer in class, like the others did, so I had to do my exam with very little hands on experience. Just what I knew from installing hardware on my own computer a few times. I had never built one though.

I built a solid product, somehow. I got to take it home and use it after I completed the program. I just didn't do it in the right right order, after the major components were installed. During the exam we had to take the whole thing apart and we were supposed to label everything so we could put it back together the "right" way. I was so nervous that misplaced a couple of things but I did find them later and installed them perfectly. I just didn't follow the procedures in the book. The exam took a whole day and I was so exhausted.

It was inspected and they had no way of knowing I didn't go step by step. I was very nervous about installing the power supply. Something about it intimidated me. I was better the second day, during the written part, except I drew two of the diagrams out of order. Even if he suspected I did it out of order because of that he didn't call me out on it like he did some of the guys. That is probably why I got a B+ instead of an A.

I also graduated at the very top of my class even though it was mostly men. No one had higher grades than me. Is that my Te or Ti?

Edit: I have been troubleshooting computer problems for years. Not only for myself but for others. I usually have no problem sorting it on my own. If I don't do it for awhile I might forget some things but I know how to research and find information I need to solve the problem. If I can't find it myself I will just ask a friend who knows more than I do. Sometimes there are no solutions readily available and that is when I look within for my answers. I ask myself what am I missing. I search my memory for anything that might be helpful. It works pretty well. I have found solutions to problems others hadn't yet and posted to help others.
    Oh yeah stuff like that would intimidate me too.. like 'specifics' building thinsg step by step.. seems to exhausting.

An SLE once asked me about a function on my camera I hadn't used yet.. so I tried to find it without telling him I didn't know where it was and that I never used it before (I didn't want him to show me or something).. because I didn't want to appear stupid or less experienced than him lol. I actually found it after a while and was like 'phewww', haha. But damn was my forehead sweaty. :'D