Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IEI Extroverted Thinking Te Polr (INFp)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the lack of a IE. Its the vulnerable IE and it means that when we receive information about this aspect from someone else we have trouble analyzing it, be skeptical about it and deal with the information in a good way.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Te is not lesser important. You need to know facts about possible malfunctions, about specs of concrete software and hardware, to plan a process to fix it, to find a best solution by looking forums. Computers and software are done not ok from systematic (Ti) point of view, there is a lot of bugs and conflicts. The consequence is when you meet a problem there is often several possible reasons for it and you need practically to sort out alternatives, to dig into new info.

When you do something not by standards, it can work correctly in one situation and don't in other where should. It may also to work unstably or the problems will appear later.
    As I mentioned, I made myself depressed and sick when the classes were nearing an end. Up until then I was loving tech school because all I had to deal with was os software, networking, and things of that nature. The tests were very easy to pass. I was probably feeling pretty cocky about my skills. My teacher had me tutoring others, and helping him with class preparations, from the very beginning of that program. Does that mean my Te isn't so bad after all?

When the time came to learn how to build the computer from scratch I got overwhelmed. I missed most of the classes because I was so sick over it. I told the teachers that I was studying at home and would still be able to do it. The problem was I didn't get to take apart and build a computer in class, like the others did, so I had to do my exam with very little hands on experience. Just what I knew from installing hardware on my own computer a few times. I had never built one though.

I built a solid product, somehow. I got to take it home and use it after I completed the program. I just didn't do it in the right right order, after the major components were installed. During the exam we had to take the whole thing apart and we were supposed to label everything so we could put it back together the "right" way. I was so nervous that misplaced a couple of things but I did find them later and installed them perfectly. I just didn't follow the procedures in the book. The exam took a whole day and I was so exhausted.

It was inspected and they had no way of knowing I didn't go step by step. I was very nervous about installing the power supply. Something about it intimidated me. I was better the second day, during the written part, except I drew two of the diagrams out of order. Even if he suspected I did it out of order because of that he didn't call me out on it like he did some of the guys. That is probably why I got a B+ instead of an A.

I also graduated at the very top of my class even though it was mostly men. No one had higher grades than me. Is that my Te or Ti?

Edit: I have been troubleshooting computer problems for years. Not only for myself but for others. I usually have no problem sorting it on my own. If I don't do it for awhile I might forget some things but I know how to research and find information I need to solve the problem. If I can't find it myself I will just ask a friend who knows more than I do. Sometimes there are no solutions readily available and that is when I look within for my answers. I ask myself what am I missing. I search my memory for anything that might be helpful. It works pretty well. I have found solutions to problems others hadn't yet and posted to help others.
    Last edited by Aylen; 07-13-2016 at 02:47 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Up until then I was loving tech school because all I had to deal with was os software, networking, and things of that nature.
    There is a lot of Te related stuff about tweaks, bugs and incompatibility. Besides the need to know specs of different stuff and how it's better to deal with it. Te is also important in programming as when you deal with algorithms - you are analysing the process which needs be programed, think how it's better to program, when you are understanding how works something made by others.
    So it's inappropriate to say about Ti in computers region and not about Te. It's not abstract mathematics.

Does that mean my Te isn't so bad after all?
    If you have higher than average IQ (>120), you may do some things better than most people of your type. Especially in schools.
    From types' essence, it's correctly to say only about balance of your functions. On practice for most people we may use average abbilities of types, with higher supposed to need additional training.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a lot of Te related stuff about tweaks, bugs and incompatibility. Besides the need to know specs of different stuff and how it's better to deal with it. Te is also important in programming as when you deal with algorithms - you are analysing the process which needs be programed, think how it's better to program, when you are understanding how works something made by others.
    So it's inappropriate to say about Ti in computers region and not about Te. It's not abstract mathematics.

If you have higher than average IQ (>120), you may do some things better than most people of your type. Especially in schools.
    From types' essence, it's correctly to say only about balance of your functions. On practice for most people we may use average abbilities of types, with higher supposed to need additional training.

Are you implying that high dimension Te is essential to do well programming work? It open up the discussion however types have specific strengths in Society.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I rely alot on instructions and manuals when im doing something unknown. I dont want to risk ruining it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by universe View Post
    I rely alot on instructions and manuals when im doing something unknown. I dont want to risk ruining it.
    Sounds like Te base
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Sounds like Te base
    no haha

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I appreciate your input here but I was not implying that Te could not troubleshoot computers. I meant I was pretty good at it due to my intuition + introverted thinking. I should have clarified that. Perhaps my Te might be a little stronger than the average person of my "type" because I was raised by two logical parents, ILI and LSI. My stepdad was strict about education on all of us. I was in a ltr with and ILI. I was constantly being challenged to use logic by all of them and I am a fast learner when I am interested and paying attention. Perhaps IQ has something to do with that. I don't know but I was a straight A student until that B+. I was always a couple of grade levels ahead of other kids, in all classes, (except in maths) as a child/teen. When I went back to school, for tech certification, that didn't change, I learned quickly and was able to help others who were not picking it up as fast. I also know how to educate myself when I need to or I am interested.

Computers are easy to troubleshoot because of intuition and introverted thinking.
    I see what you are saying though. Most of the programmers I know, irl, just happen to be ILI but other types are excellent programmers as well. I imagine Ne is also very important in programming. My interest was not programming though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aasdfae View Post
    I'd like to know all about how an IEI polr function of would supposedly manifest itself.
    Well it's a not used function, so you cannot say what polr does, but rather what you miss in your personality because you don't use it.

I would say Te in the ILI and SLI creates honesty, blunt in your face honesty. I sometimes notice that IEI, especially the Ni sub, likes to manipulate or lie. Almost out of fun or because they find it normal.

Sure then there is the profit thing of Te, the IEI isn't much busy with smart money accounting, though they usually don't screw things up to much either, i guess their Ni kicks in to warn them ahead.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Well it's a not used function, so you cannot say what polr does, but rather what you miss in your personality because you don't use it.

I would say Te in the ILI and SLI creates honesty, blunt in your face honesty. I sometimes notice that IEI, especially the Ni sub, likes to manipulate or lie. Almost out of fun or because they find it normal.

Sure then there is the profit thing of Te, the IEI isn't much busy with smart money accounting, though they usually don't screw things up to much either, i guess their Ni kicks in to warn them ahead.
    If I were typing myself by this, I am an ILI without Fe polr. I can be bluntly (or gently) honest. How is that Te? I have a preference for honesty in myself and others, I guess that is going to be Fi to some people.

Good thing I wouldn't type by this.

I agree Ni kicks in to stop the mad spending sprees.

Edit: Oh maybe this is what you mean:

If I am intentionally lying about anything it is probably a joke and I am going to tell the person I am joking before they figure it out. Like I will tell my sister, who is a bit gullible, something stupid like, we have found proof of intelligent life on mars (an example) but they are so ridiculous that most people will know I am just playing... OR a sarcastic lie.

I would lie to protect someone I care about or I would lie by omission rather than tell a direct lie. I also mentioned in a post to @consentingadult how I might think I did something but I only imagined it. I might defend myself until I realize I didn't actually follow through because I did it all in my head. I will admit I was wrong when I realize my mistake.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

If I were typing myself by this, I am an ILI without Fe polr. I can be bluntly (or gently) honest. How is that Te? I have a preference for honesty in myself and others, I guess that is going to be Fi to some people.
    Same.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure if it is Te-polr, but I for example can't stand people who strictly insist on obeying all the rules. I see rules as flexible and I think they depend more on a concrete situations and shouldn't be applied so strictly and generally. I also don't like if someone tries to put such rules on myself and I mostly dislike when I feel like my work or creativity are being limited by them, so I do anything that is in my power to avoid being a part of a too strict and formal setting, where I have to follow everything step by step, because I simply cannot do it. That is why I cannot manage to work in an office, or admistration. Also I often get angry with people who want me to follow their rules, I sort of feel like... I should have an exception, because I am not a part of it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not type related
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Thought more about this today and another way this manifests for me. I will find something i want to buy, and I wont even care about the price one bit. I will just buy it because I like it. Then someone will say you paid *amount of money* for that?! You couldve gotten that for much less. And I feel embarrassed because I have no idea what a good price would be for the thing i bought.
    I think you can define te polr as being oblivious to doing something the general way that is common knowledge.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often have trouble with doors- I will think they are "locked", when in fact I wasn't pushing hard enough, or pulling instead of pushing... when the door actually says "push". I've been stuck like this for up to half an hour.

I'm scared of coffee makers and stuff but I can figure it out given time.

When a phone rings, I think it's mine even when the sound is coming from the wrong direction.

I can't figure out how to get a barista's attention, or they ask me something and I have no idea what they want me to do.

Once at work, someone gave me extremely detailed instructions to create a full document. There was one component she wanted modeled after an item in another document, which she linked. So I promptly forgot the instructions and made the entire thing look like the linked document.

I had an interview for a tech job where during the shared coding problem I started trying to type into the part of the screen that spits out the result of the compiler.

A friend told me a story about how when taking his driving test the tester insinuated at the end that the friend bribe him for the "pass." After he told the story I came to the conclusion that I would never have understood that the person was trying to get me to pay him, had I been in that situation.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I also have a terror of being in a situation where there is an emergency and nobody else around to help. I think the person in trouble would die.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Thought more about this today and another way this manifests for me. I will find something i want to buy, and I wont even care about the price one bit. I will just buy it because I like it. Then someone will say you paid *amount of money* for that?! You couldve gotten that for much less. And I feel embarrassed because I have no idea what a good price would be for the thing i bought.
    I think you can define te polr as being oblivious to doing something the general way that is common knowledge.
    Hum lol this isn't Te polr but it is related to Si ego if that helps. I'm more analytical about what I buy and am not hasty or in a rush. The lack of patience in LSE causes them to be impulsive. So yes I can see LSE in you
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    no haha
    Yes
    -

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I feel like another contingency of Te PoLR, and subsequent transference to introverted logic "hidden agenda", is unwillingness to share information, to explain, to teach, or to critique, even in situations where one is expected to engage in this and where the context would suggest that this would be the logical thing to do.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I feel like another contingency of Te PoLR, and subsequent transference to introverted logic "hidden agenda", is unwillingness to share information, to explain, to teach, or to critique, even in situations where one is expected to engage in this and where the context would suggest that this would be the logical thing to do.
    Do eeet, you know you want to.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

its their best impression of gamma who knows when its not worth it to continue, except in this case it absolutely would be worth it to continue which adds a shade of comedy to the whole "claiming victory and running"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    For some reason I thought you were a specific kind of teacher or had taught classes? If I am not mistaking you for someone else, was it hard for you? I agree that it would make doing things like that more difficult. Even though I did well in tech school, I knew it was not something I could do for a living. The thought of reading a script to people who had issues all day long, plus the thought of the abuse frustrated people could dish out was too much for me. I know my family was disappointed but they also knew it would be rough for me to deal with people's tech problems 8 hours a day.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Do eeet, you know you want to.
    Haha, thanks for encouragement! There is nothing there that says that I want to, except this feeling that 'hmm, all this information has built up'. It might be similar to how ILIs and SLIs experience their Fi ha/Fe polr - the feelings just passively accumulate and simmer but are rarely extended to the outside even when the situation calls for it or depends on it.

Reminded me of Isaac Newton whom I've seen typed as Ni-Ti and how he supposedly invented calculus and then forgot to tell anyone about it. Something like that screams Te PoLR to me. There is this 'lack of logical outreach and connection' that is almost a given for Te egos.

For some reason I thought you were a specific kind of teacher or had taught classes? If I am not mistaking you for someone else, was it hard for you? I agree that it would make doing things like that more difficult. Even though I did well in tech school, I knew it was not something I could do for a living. The thought of reading a script to people who had issues all day long, plus the thought of the abuse frustrated people could dish out was too much for me. I know my family was disappointed but they also knew it would be rough for me to deal with people's tech problems 8 hours a day.
    I've taught in the past and I have enjoyed it, but not for the need to structure and explain the material. This always felt straining to me. Like I could do it if I put in the effort and at the same time feel like there is always something unresolved remaining there that I need to work on further. It's easy to get obsessed with one's HA in this way and waste a whole bunch of time getting too preoccupied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Growing up whenever I'd ask my IEI dad to explain something to me or ask him to teach me to do something, he would sometimes become angry and short tempered with me, as if I had greatly offended him. I remember him trying to help me with my math homework once and he became overly frustrated and made me cry. Looking back, it had never occurred to me that this may have actually just been his Te PoLR frustrations and not me being hopelessly stupid after all...
    It's still no reason to get angry but you're right that he was probably reflexively responding to what he felt was an excessive demand placed on his Te. I don't snap but over time I will start feeling annoyed and want to 'outsource' any such activity to someone else. My father is Te-ILI and he'll explain things to me whether I want to or not, though I can't easily apply his type of logic. For example he came to visit me once and discovered that there was something wrong with the TV, so he proceeded to investigate and drew out the whole network of cables from the tv to the antenna to the dish and the power lines outside and explained to me how it worked, which was a great demo of Extraverted Logic but for me there is no natural continuation from these types of explanations.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Growing up whenever I'd ask my IEI dad to explain something to me or ask him to teach me to do something, he would sometimes become angry and short tempered with me, as if I had greatly offended him. I remember him trying to help me with my math homework once and he became overly frustrated and made me cry. Looking back, it had never occurred to me that this may have actually just been his Te PoLR frustrations and not me being hopelessly stupid after all...
    I just saw this happen with an IEI manager and her (LIE or ILI) boss. Her boss had gotten feedback from his customer (an SLI-Te colonel) that basically accused her of not understanding anything about the project she was in charge of, and she freaked out (quietly, in an IEI way, but I could tell - "frustrated and near tears" is a good description) and she stood up in the meeting and started pointing to the contract pages where she had done more than was required, saying that the SLI never responded to her requests for information and the SLI simply seemed to not understand what she was talking about when she gave prompt and regular progress reports. People on either side of her had to calm her down.

I sided with the IEI because I knew how she was feeling and why. I'd watched the IEI and the SLI in meetings together earlier (my company is sub-contracting some of the work) and it was not pretty. They both wanted to get results, they both stayed professional, but they were talking to each other through gritted or clenched teeth. Their expectations and approaches to everything were sooooo different.

The IEI wanted me in the meetings with the SLI-Te, even when I didn't have any direct role in the meeting's topic, because I liked them both and could clearly explain to the SLI-Te what the IEI was saying.
    I should add that the IEI understood the project better than the SLI-Te, but had a hell of a time explaining it to her in a way that would give the SLI-Te confidence that she knew it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yeah I could see that.. my other IEI friend also has an IEI father and he was very, very impatient when he taught her Japanese. So she said she cannot learn it from her dad, lol.
    I've got an IEI father too.. I think he is the same.. beside that I am like that too.. I become really, really frustrated when I cannot express myself properly or cannot track things back in an exact manner. My brain can feel so mushy.
    I can get really angry and even yell when I feel misunderstood.. like I know I should make my steps in between more visible and actually explain situations better... but I sometimes end up just saying a few words.. because explaining can be so exhausting for me.. and I often fail to put it in a way that makes sense to others/ actually gets to some kind of result. So I can feel very misunderstood.

Btw I noticed all the types with low, valued Ti seem to like asking questions.. like I ask tons of questions why things work the way they do.
    Last edited by dot; 07-25-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I mentioned, I made myself depressed and sick when the classes were nearing an end. Up until then I was loving tech school because all I had to deal with was os software, networking, and things of that nature. The tests were very easy to pass. I was probably feeling pretty cocky about my skills. My teacher had me tutoring others, and helping him with class preparations, from the very beginning of that program. Does that mean my Te isn't so bad after all?

When the time came to learn how to build the computer from scratch I got overwhelmed. I missed most of the classes because I was so sick over it. I told the teachers that I was studying at home and would still be able to do it. The problem was I didn't get to take apart and build a computer in class, like the others did, so I had to do my exam with very little hands on experience. Just what I knew from installing hardware on my own computer a few times. I had never built one though.

I built a solid product, somehow. I got to take it home and use it after I completed the program. I just didn't do it in the right right order, after the major components were installed. During the exam we had to take the whole thing apart and we were supposed to label everything so we could put it back together the "right" way. I was so nervous that misplaced a couple of things but I did find them later and installed them perfectly. I just didn't follow the procedures in the book. The exam took a whole day and I was so exhausted.

It was inspected and they had no way of knowing I didn't go step by step. I was very nervous about installing the power supply. Something about it intimidated me. I was better the second day, during the written part, except I drew two of the diagrams out of order. Even if he suspected I did it out of order because of that he didn't call me out on it like he did some of the guys. That is probably why I got a B+ instead of an A.

I also graduated at the very top of my class even though it was mostly men. No one had higher grades than me. Is that my Te or Ti?

Edit: I have been troubleshooting computer problems for years. Not only for myself but for others. I usually have no problem sorting it on my own. If I don't do it for awhile I might forget some things but I know how to research and find information I need to solve the problem. If I can't find it myself I will just ask a friend who knows more than I do. Sometimes there are no solutions readily available and that is when I look within for my answers. I ask myself what am I missing. I search my memory for anything that might be helpful. It works pretty well. I have found solutions to problems others hadn't yet and posted to help others.
    Oh yeah stuff like that would intimidate me too.. like 'specifics' building thinsg step by step.. seems to exhausting.

An SLE once asked me about a function on my camera I hadn't used yet.. so I tried to find it without telling him I didn't know where it was and that I never used it before (I didn't want him to show me or something).. because I didn't want to appear stupid or less experienced than him lol. I actually found it after a while and was like 'phewww', haha. But damn was my forehead sweaty. :'D

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the stereotype that introverted intuitive ethical types are stupid/ bad at school is like.. the most incorrect ever.. I actually have always succeeded at school with almost no effort. I think I've been ahead of many people my age and even teachers pointed out my ambition/ that I was the 'only one' understanding what the teacher was saying (in German class for example, when it came to understanding really difficult texts). Most IEIs I met were at least average at school, but all of them had the potential to be much better at this stuff/ be one of the bests.
    I even met SEIs who were much better than any of the logical types at school. One SEI was my math tutor.. before I had an LII.. I liked both their styles, but the SEIs approach was much more methodical and she could explain things as well as the LII.
    Beside that many SEIs I knew were always on top of the class. Oh and I remember an ESE from school who even got honoured for being one of the best of our year, because she excelled at everything she did.. especially maths.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah SEI definitely rules the school

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaviTilki View Post
    I think the stereotype that introverted intuitive ethical types are stupid/ bad at school is like.. the most incorrect ever.,
    That's a stereotype ? Yeah, it's so incorrect it's not even worth commenting on - they're definitely almost always above average or very good. No wonder it could be a stereotype here with people typing Kim Kardashian and braindead bimbos into IEI.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    That's a stereotype ? Yeah, it's so incorrect it's not even worth commenting on - they're definitely almost always above average or very good. No wonder it could be a stereotype here with people typing Kim Kardashian and braindead bimbos into IEI.
    On the forum it appears to be one, EIEs and IEIs are said to be very elegant and aristocratic.. EIEs are a tad more dramatic and IEIs actually have more of a sophisticated aura.. but I actually haven't met any stupid IEI yet all of them were at least average intelligence wise. I know lots of hard working and smart SEIs who excelled at school/ academic settings too.
    Yeah I actually think most people on the forum have no ideas about IEIs irl.. yes I think we lack objective logic.. like we usually suck at seeing our actions more objectively or think in realistic terms.. we are also lazy as Ip temperament and probably not the most practical people, but I usually see IEIs as 'brainy' people like most intuitive function dominant people or intuitives in general, who suck more at practical everyday stuff. Highly imaginative as well.
    So many negative stereotypes about IEIs tbh.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the forum it appears to be one, EIEs and IEIs are said to be very elegant and aristocratic.. EIEs are a tad more dramatic and IEIs actually have more of a sophisticated aura.. but I actually haven't met any stupid IEI yet all of them were at least average intelligence wise. I know lots of hard working and smart SEIs who excelled at school/ academic settings too.
    Yeah I actually think most people on the forum have no ideas about IEIs irl.. yes I think we lack objective logic.. like we usually suck at seeing our actions more objectively or think in realistic terms.. we are also lazy as Ip temperament and probably not the most practical people, but I usually see IEIs as 'brainy' people like most intuitive function dominant people or intuitives in general, who suck more at practical everyday stuff. Highly imaginative as well.
    I do not think IEI suck at practical stuff. ILE, IEE sure. They seem like they are slipping on everything. But IEI and even ILI are very down to earth people yet intuitive ofc.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    yeah SEI definitely rules the school
    Not just SEIs.. almost all IEIs I met were above average intelligence wise. Good at abstract thinking, very, very responsible and doing well at memorising things or transfering knowledge. I just hate the idea that a 'logical' function translates to intelligence on the forum.. which is like untrue af. People probably never even looked at the types of the best students within academic settings.
    Last edited by dot; 07-25-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    I do not think IEI suck at practical stuff. ILE, IEE sure. They seem like they are slipping on everything. But IEI and even ILI are very down to earth people yet intuitive ofc.
    I wouldn't call myself down to earth tbh. Rather head in the clouds.. I sometimes am so dreamy I do not listen to people bcs I am lost within thought, I daydream a lot. I am definitely lazy.. I could do lots of stuff.. I probably have the skills/ capacities to do so.. but yeah most intuitives aren't super practical.
    When I concentrate on goals though I am more like a lazer beam though.. very straight foward , waltzing toward my goal.. whenever a Ni-dom has a really important goal they will work towards it stubbornly.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, lack of practicality is not connected to lack of intelligence (imo at least, LSE's would beg to differ lol). In school there are so many stupid ignorant people, it's really weird that people would point out Beta NF's as stupid. EIE's are often straight A students and IEI's can easilly be the same, when not too lazy : ) i havent met one IEI, EIE or EII that seemed stupid.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mmm they are not down to earth and they suck at practical stuff - like, badly : D

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not just SEIs.. almost all IEIs I met were above average intelligence wise. Good at abstract thinking, very, very responsible and did well at memorising things or tarnsfering knowledge. I just hate the idea that a 'logical' function translates to intelligence on the forum.. which is like untrue af. People probably never even looked at the types of the best students within academic settings.
    yeah there's no hard data that I know of, but I bet if you typed everyone the facts would show Te polr being near the top

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Mmm they are not down to earth and they suck at practical stuff - like, badly : D
    It depends how you grow up and how much your peers let you do practical stuff I guess, since intuitive would not do that from their own will. But ya, IEI can be very handy. Making beautiful things.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends how you grow up and how much your peers let you do practical stuff I guess, since intuitive would not do that from their own will. But ya, IEI can be very handy. Making beautiful things.
    Yeah i can 'create' beautiful things.. art wise. But that doesn't mean I am good at practical things like daily matters.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i can 'create' beautiful things.. art wise. But that doesn't mean I am good at practical things like daily matters.
    Im talking like, hammering nails. Golf, ice skating, driving cars. Cooking food. Etc. IEI are good at things like that.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think Beta NF's are often bad with bureaucratic procedures, taxes, managing money (irresponsible spenders and not taking score where money went), housework (cleaning, everyday boring cooking) and anything technical around house. Creating art, like drawing and shit is a different matter : ). They have a feeling they are above petty everyday stuff and that somebody else should take care of it - I noticed this attitude in both IEI's and EIE's.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast