60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 3rd, 5th, and 6th functions

Hmmm...

1st: who you naturally are
    2nd: what you naturally do
    3rd: what you feel like you are "supposed to" do
    5th: what you feel you are "supposed to" be?
    6th: what you like to think or wish you are and feel stimulated when receiving it from others?

I think that if you score highly or think you are strong in both the introverted and extroverted of a function, like Ne and Ni, you may be looking at your 3rd and 5th functions. The 6th function can score high, but not in combination with the 4th. I think we resent that anyone may expect the use of whatever our 4th function is. Now... I'm told that the 7th or 8th function may test high... but I don't really understand how that's possible.

Comments?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

I think the 5th function is more like - what you think others are "supposed" to be/do.

People tend to think they are better at their suggestive function than they reall are, but when attention is drawn to their weakness they don't really care.

(Perhaps the reasoning might be that "others can adequately take care of this aspect, so why should I bother?")

Creepy-

Default Re: 3rd, 5th, and 6th functions

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'm told that the 7th or 8th function may test high... but I don't really understand how that's possible.
    The ID functions are strong, so it seems reasonable that they may test high.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the 5th function is more like - what you think others are "supposed" to be/do.

People tend to think they are better at their suggestive function than they reall are, but when attention is drawn to their weakness they don't really care.
    I agree. When you have problems you tend to think of weakness in the 3rd function as the reason ("I need to be more ... "). So you make an attempt and quickly forget about it as soon as the problem loses its severity. Then the problems come back, and everything repeats itself again and again. No, the real problem is not in the 3rd, it's in the 5th. But the 5th is in the vital track and is "hard to think about," while the 3rd is in the mental track and comes to mind immediately.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks! okay, so:

5th: what others feel you are "supposed to" be
    6th: what you like to think or wish you are and feel stimulated when receiving it from others
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th: what others feel you are "supposed to" be
    Hm... I would say something like "what you don't know you're missing out on"

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th: what you don't realize that you're not doing?
    6th: what you like to think or wish you are and feel stimulated when receiving it from others
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th: what you don't realize that you're not doing?
    Yes, I think.