Thread: Model 3 - does it work?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Model 3 - does it work?

Please let me know if my socionics test (below) works. If it's crap, let me know:

Which ONE of the following describes you the best:
    o live mostly in the external world around them - are more comfortable in the company of others - are overall more energetic - have a broader but less in depth field of interests and skills - tend to speak and interact more than introspect - have more friends and continually expand their network. (Extroversion)
    o are mostly concerned with their own thoughts and feelings - enjoy their time alone and value their privacy - tend to conserve or look for ways to conserve their time and energy - are more specialized and focused in their interests and skills - tend to introspect more than speaking and interacting - have a smaller network of friends but value them more; more resistant to new relationships. (Introversion)

Which ONE of the following describes you the best:
    o I am more focused on what is happening now. (Sensing)
    o I am more focused on future possibilities. (Intuition)

Which ONE of the following describes your ideal mood the best:
    o Everything's all good, lets just chill and explore. (Alpha)
    o Life sucks so lets just hang out, make the best of what we have, and laugh. (Beta)
    o Life is short, lets party, lets all get together and do the things we love doing. (Gamma)
    o Glad you could make it, sit down, relax. (Delta)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, tests don't work, period. They should only be used as a game through which people can become aquainted with the system and PERHAPS as a guide towards one's types, depending upon the level of objectivity one can achieve through self-reflection.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    tests don't work
    But that would mean that socionics is useless.

What's the point of socionics if you cannot find out your type?

Or are you suggesting that type can be determined by a method other than doing a test?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the S/N dichotomy and the quadra values choice are too vague to be reasonably accurate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trey
    the S/N dichotomy and the quadra values choice are too vague to be reasonably accurate.
    Thanks. I'll see what I can do.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Or are you suggesting that type can be determined by a method other than doing a test?"

Yep.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, tests don't work, period. They should only be used as a game through which people can become aquainted with the system and PERHAPS as a guide towards one's types, depending upon the level of objectivity one can achieve through self-reflection.
    Sorry guys, but I have to agree with the kid; he has a point. People lie to themselves when they take these kinds of tests. I've seen so many different results from that Socionics Type Assistant that are wrong, that I can't help but be doubtful. I think that test is only good for recognizing INTjs and INTps. Also, for a test to be valid, the test designer has to know what certain types will pick and not pick. And since Socionics is still in its infancy, I don't think any test devised will be able to accurately predict one's type. But you can try...

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Or are you suggesting that type can be determined by a method other than doing a test?"

Yep.
    So what can type be determined by then?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    So what can type be determined by then?
    That is the question. Tests do now seem to work very well, but unfortunately all the other available methods seem to work even worse. So, please, do keep on working on those tests.
    It helped me to analyze the functions, observe other people, intertype relations, to some extent type descriptions, thinking of my observed past behavior rather than hypothetical scenarios. Yet it all remains vague and uncertain. Still I think it is better to doubt than to reach a false sense of certainty.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Still I think it is better to doubt than to reach a false sense of certainty.
    The intuitive dogma.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe honest self-reflection must be reached before one can accuarately determine one's type; with that said, reaching such a goal would be easier for certain individuals then it would be for others; thus, we must, if possible, develop more concrete methods of discovering one's type, though I believe such means are far out of the reach of the impending future.