Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IEI-ILI Comparative/Kindred Relations (INTp and INFp)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default IEI-ILI Comparative/Kindred Relations (INTp and INFp)

It seems that INTps really like when I rant and be critical, like they do, they are like 'Hell yeah' and give me a WHAT UP DOE....

But then as soon as I show more of my real self, kind of like umm a loving boy that is sweetly optimistic and actually believes in his faggy gay man ideals of making the world a better place via shaman magic, and more magical and dreamy and romantic INFp-like, if I give a hint to that, they kind of laugh/scoff if off, or get like umm I don't know, just annoyed by that, and start to leave me alone. They say something biting and nihilistic about the human condition as a whole, but still part of me can't help but be ideal and wondrous with it. Even though at the time, I was definitely serious with my angsty rants, 110%, and I always am. It's almost like I'm tricking myself into darkness so I can feel the light on the other side, like I'm always waiting for that romantic pay-off to lift me up and encourage me when I'm down.

Anyways just wanted to comment on this dynamic because I thought it was interesting.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience is very similar. It's like complaining is something they can relate to but actually feeling soft or vulnerable? not so much.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many INTPs is this based on ?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Every INTp I have ever met/interacted with, about 5 or 6.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is at least true for how i feel about you on this forum

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And of course as an LII it's just the opposite for me. I find IEI negativity and criticism tiresome and at times aggravating, but softness or vulnerability humanizing and enjoyable.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plea guilty

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it's nice being an exception.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i work with this intp guy. you'd think we'd have trouble getting along being contrary and all. but we kind of don't have any trouble. but we do see things differently, however we always reach the same conclusions, which is where the rubber hits the road.

i think it works with him due to the complementation in temperament, irrationality, logic (in a work setting), and because he values Fi and tries to have a good relationship. both democractic.

it would be harder for leisure though or intimate. for sure.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I totally agree with you on this, B&D. When the INTp goes on a rant, I agree for a bit then get bored and try to distract them with the bright side... but then I remember that INTps hate the sun.
    To reply at your metaphore: We just warn you how not to lose that sun.

Critisism is a good thing, keep things going good. Believing everything will stay alright is naieve, we're just here so that things don't get fucked up.

If you know the future, the most positive thing to do is warn everybody for the bumps ahead, so they can take measures to avoid them. Starting to cheer about all the good things that you see will still not make people happy if you didn't point out how they could keep / achieve those good things.

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default COMPARATIVE RELATIONS, IEI and ILI

So, I have an IEI friend who is dating an ILI. I'm curious about this inter type relation. Does anyone have any idea about comparative, specifically this pairing?
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, in general. I have a very close ILI friend and we were very very close to dating, but it was towards the end of high school, and I didn't want one of those awkward high school to college dating transitions, and I wasn't sure she'd go for me (but pretty sure, you know), but anyway, we're great friends, and we'd always have something to talk about. But I would have to strain somewhat to provide her need for Fi, she'd have to strain somewhat to provide my need for Ti, and there would be no Se in the relationship at all (to analyze from a socionics POV), which may be why it never happened in the first place, blah blah blah. Anyway, it can be a nice relationship, and there will always be an interesting topic of conversation. But both parties will end up more unfulfilled than annoyed; without some non-socionics/personality reason to stay together, I'd imagine they're likely to break up, as a romantic relationship, but could potentially stay friends afterward.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an IEI friend. Very good friendship, we think pretty similar. Always nice conversation.

I dated however 2 IEI girls (both subtypes) and the IEI-ni was just to boring and strange, though she was nice. The IEI-Fe was a very promising relationship since I had real fun with her, we had same kind of humor, but in the end it didn't work out for several reasons not really much type related.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have both an INFj and an ISTj in my direct family. I get along well with both, although in very different ways. The relation with the INFj (my mother) is one of respect and understanding, whereas the relation with the ISTj (my brother) is one of passionate discussion and (friendly) psuedo rivalry. If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably pick an ISTj. Life is interesting around them.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny to see how few people respond to threads in which relationships are discussed.

Relationships give a nice alternative perspective on Model A, which enhances your understanding of it. Though few people take this route, and instead most choose to just stick with the poorly usuable descriptions of the 8 functions.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My dad's mom is and IEE and his dad's an ILE. Her talking bugged him sometimes and his lack of buged her sometimes, but they had a long, lasting marriage.

Personally, I like LIEs. But as friends or business partners, not as a romantic option.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like LSIs as... wait, nevermind.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    When I told her that I intend to quit her she said that was no surprise to her.
    lol epic
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default comparative relations

I am an ENFP and I have a friend who is ENTP. We have great fun together, better than with other friends. We laugh a lot, have the same way of thinking humorously about things. It's so fun! But this combination wouldn't be for dating- totally different value systems. Really great for friendship though- the minutes fly by.

Creepy-male

I have a raging mancrush on my friend Dave. Dave is an SLI.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Decent to good friendships. Not great for anything too close or serious, though.
    yep. similar viewpoints and humor, pleasant company, but boring after a while.

same subtypes are best.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably not good to take relationship advice from anyone on here.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my roomate/brother is ILI. Im iei
    the relationship seems alot like this description :Comparative relations between psychological ("personality") types
    He always finds a way to criticize me, especially about Te chores that iei's are stereotyped to hate.
    Particuraly true is the advice part...I can't follow his and always overreaches when I ask for a tidbit of data and tries to lecture me. Like I need a reminder of how to do a part of a thing(probably asking for Ti) and he has to lecture me.
    Oh thats what Te types tend to DO!!!! They can't condense down the help to a immediate instance and have to use Te to say EVERYTHING. Many people seem to complain how LSE for example talks and talks when you only needed yes or no. (like smiling eyes!!!!)

edit; aka i like value/process ti he processes te
    Last edited by jughead; 07-03-2010 at 09:35 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESTp's are a lot of fun for ESFp's until they stop picking up or ignore their

That creates a lot of emotions in the ESFp's that are not easy to compromise with.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like the Cre-Cre pair, Base-Base seems real superficial, imo. It's like a meeting of minds but something is missing.

IEI-ILI

Good for conversations and getting experience of stuff you're missing out on. The style constantly alternates between business and small-talk. However, you come away feeling energized, if you don't stay too long.

Since both have vital /, I see them as friends for life.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Creepy-Snaps

Too much Ni... I'm imagining an INTp and an INFp I know. As friends, there'd be lots of insight, seeing how things develop, and a mutual respect/appreciation for each other's long-term concerns developed from different angles... but truly, they'd be inable to help each other. Still lost in their minds, unable to realize what must be done NOW in order reach their objectives... or, with too much Ni, not even able to set objectives, or set goals, but just seeing how things are changing.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    they'd be inable to help each other. Still lost in their minds, unable to realize what must be done NOW in order reach their objectives... or, with too much Ni, not even able to set objectives, or set goals, but just seeing how things are changing.
    This is why I was completely against it when an IEI and an ILI tried being together for a week.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think with comparative relations there is this false sense of similarity that is constantly being reinforced and then called into question. With ILIs, we sometimes reach the same conclusions on things but can't figure out how each other got there -- or, conversely, we approach things similarly but end up with radically different conclusions. We can establish common ground, but it feels like there's a constant underlying tension between my attempts to inject our interaction with Fe and the priority they give to maintaining Te. Often, we both leave feeling like the other person is missing "the big picture."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being with IEIs is almost like ILEs(i.e. comparatives are like extinguishment).
    It's pretty much impossible to keep interactions satisfactory to both parties, as each wants to focus on their preferred aspects. Bringing up a third person, who gets along better with one over the other, will definitely cause some problems.

Personally I don't mind freeflowing interaction when it's toned down. Combined with some action I can handle it well.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limNol View Post
    I think with comparative relations there is this false sense of similarity that is constantly being reinforced and then called into question. With ILIs, we sometimes reach the same conclusions on things but can't figure out how each other got there -- or, conversely, we approach things similarly but end up with radically different conclusions. We can establish common ground, but it feels like there's a constant underlying tension between my attempts to inject our interaction with Fe and the priority they give to maintaining Te. Often, we both leave feeling like the other person is missing "the big picture."
    I agree with this. I was friends with an ILI back in my 20s and we were very drawn to one another but it came down to our Fe/Te differences which were glaring, combined with our mutual need for Se which neither of us could get from the other. Pretty hilarious actually.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much Ni... I'm imagining an INTp and an INFp I know. As friends, there'd be lots of insight, seeing how things develop, and a mutual respect/appreciation for each other's long-term concerns developed from different angles... but truly, they'd be inable to help each other. Still lost in their minds, unable to realize what must be done NOW in order reach their objectives... or, with too much Ni, not even able to set objectives, or set goals, but just seeing how things are changing.

Yeah and being roomates bring a sense of frustration and anger as you realize this but must endure.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost forgot about school daze...

Me and my IEI were the biggest class clowns. Got in trouble multiple times for talking and laughing out loud in junior high. First day of senior high, I get called out in front of everyone cause we were joking a lot. We were definitely close back in school.

I guess it's easier when you're still growing up, the Ego isn't fully developed yet.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post

Yeah and being roomates bring a sense of frustration and anger as you realize this but must endure.
    Yes, I'm already beginning to feel the burn with my ILI best friend and anticipated this happening eventually if we DO become roommates which he desperately wants. I would rather continue living at home and spend the occasionally evening together. In doses he really DOES energize me so much and I'd rather not lose that.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I can only be friendly with most IEE from a distance, I PoLR hit them too often.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw the characters of Luca and Jenny in this movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283015/) as (possibly) ILI and IEI respectively.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bnd View Post
    It seems that INTps really like when I rant and be critical, like they do, they are like 'Hell yeah' and give me a WHAT UP DOE....

But then as soon as I show more of my real self, kind of like umm a loving boy that is sweetly optimistic and actually believes in his faggy gay man ideals of making the world a better place via shaman magic, and more magical and dreamy and romantic INFp-like, if I give a hint to that, they kind of laugh/scoff if off, or get like umm I don't know, just annoyed by that, and start to leave me alone. They say something biting and nihilistic about the human condition as a whole, but still part of me can't help but be ideal and wondrous with it. Even though at the time, I was definitely serious with my angsty rants, 110%, and I always am. It's almost like I'm tricking myself into darkness so I can feel the light on the other side, like I'm always waiting for that romantic pay-off to lift me up and encourage me when I'm down.

Anyways just wanted to comment on this dynamic because I thought it was interesting.
    This guy gets it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post

this is insightful to hear (from 14 years ago) since i feel like Ni base is so ambiguous on the outside. i never know what they feel until they say it, and sometimes it feels like they decide what they feel in that very moment. it's like IEIs are unicorns on the inside and ILIs are...something else (i don't quite know them yet), but both are wearing the exact same black outfit

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kindred is good and so underrated imo! What I like about this relation is the ease of communication in the literal sense. It’s like we read each others minds since we are usually on the same wavelength via Ni or something haha. The only other relation I’d say this aspect is comparable to would be duality, since it’s easy for me to read my duals and for them to read me, to see where the other is coming from and to understand each others feelings with relative ease. Though kindred is not as “deep” as duality, and the understanding is more surface level and only in communication, it’s still good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast