Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little questionnaire to aid in discovering your type

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A little questionnaire to aid in discovering your type...

I created a little questionnaire that might turn out to be a good test of type, or at least of certain aspects of type. Those who would like to try this follow the instructions exactly, please:

Which kinds of assistance do you respond positively to and routinely require from others? (please comment on each one, without resorting to any socionics terminology)

- assistance understanding and formulating your interests and possibilities
    - assistance making sense of your feelings towards people and things
    - assistance relaxing and switching off mental activity to experience enjoyment
    - assistance finding methods for solving technical problems that keep coming up
    - assistance overcoming doubts and taking decisive action
    - assistance understanding the meaning of events in your life
    - assistance organizing and structuring your thoughts
    - assistance in outward expression of your internal state (i.e. self-expression)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me start myself...

No, I don't at all require this from others. Maybe a couple tips now and then, that's it.
    No. I like to discuss my feelings about people and things, but I don't need help making sense of them.
    Yeah. I can't do this on my own -- only with certain people. I like getting it nearly every day. I also love to cycle and backpack, which serves the same purpose of turning off the mind and refreshing the body.
    Oh yeah. This is usually what I get stuck on and stress about needlessly. I need constant assistance with this -- mostly people to give instructions about how to do things that I want to do.
    Huh? I would say this is irrelevant to me.
    Also nonapplicable.
    No, not at all. I feel strange when other people try to structure my thoughts.
    - assistance in outward expression of your internal state (i.e. self-expression)
    No, when people try to open me up like this, I get mad or run away.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: A little questionnaire to aid in discovering your type..

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    I know my interests very well, and my abilites aswell. Of course, they're never enough.

I incredibly dislike asking for any assistance over anything. Feelings are something I'm not exactly comfortable with, though, but I usually don't want to speak about them.

I don't have many problems with this. I can recharge my batteries doing sports, that's enough for me.

I'm usually the one giving assistance.

No. No one should interfere with my actions, especially if they're about my personal goals.

I've never though about this. I don't assign any meaning to the events of my life, usually. So, I don't know the answer.

Again, I'm the one being asked for this.

Internal state? I don't understand exactly what you're referring to.

P.S. I don't thik this questionnaire is right for me. I never ask for help on anything, even when I have problems. Therefore, it's unlikely that I will admit that I need help in any of those areas.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Rick! Looks fun.

I definitely respond positively to this one. Most of the time, I am somewhat lost in vague generalities and doubts, thus it is quite difficult for me to concretize anything. Plus I can be highly variable.

Doubt it. Unless I don't understand what exactly "making sense of your feelings" means?

Mental activity is enjoyment for me.

I can do it myself.

I get stuck often in repetitive cycles of analyzation, where I get absolutely nowhere, so yes, this is a big thing for me.

I understand the meaning all too perfectly. No help needed here.

Perhaps, but a good discussion with an xNTj will clear this up.

Yes and no. I often want to say stuff, but outwardly making a statement and having to defend it is just way too hasslesome for me.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG, it seems you don't like receiving any assistance at all... Surely there are some general areas where you regularly are in need of others' help ?? (if there weren't, you would have no motive to have friends)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    P.S. I don't thik this questionnaire is right for me. I never ask for help on anything, even when I have problems. Therefore, it's unlikely that I will admit that I need help in any of those areas.
    Perhaps that was his covert point?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG, it seems you don't like receiving any assistance at all... Surely there are some general areas where you regularly are in need of others' help ?? (if there weren't, you would have no motive to have friends)

With my friends, I play sports and have fun. I never ask them for any help.

Anyway, yes, it's a problem of mine the total impossibilty of asking for any help.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, yes, it's a problem of mine the total impossibilty of asking for any help.
    Interesting. That would imply that for you complementary behavior is when someone helps you forceably without your asking?? (of course, it would have to be the right area of assistance)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oooo, FDG is INTp...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. That would imply that for you complementary behavior is when someone helps you forceably without your asking?? (of course, it would have to be the right area of assistance)
    Yes, this might be true. I appreciate immensely when people do things for me without me asking for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might have slightly different answers depending on what mood I am in and such things. Hmm..let's see what I think atm.

No. I think I am pretty much self-sufficient in this sense. If I understand it right this is what I like the most of all these options. I like to share my interests and possibilities with people AFTER I have first "understood" and "formulated" them.

Hmm.....this one is difficult. Can't give a definite answer but I would say no help needed. This is somewhat tricky though. Hard to grasp what this "assistance" would be...on the other hand my feelings are often in a confused state as are my thoughts, lol. But how could someone help with that?

- assistance relaxing and switching off mental activity to experience
    enjoyment
    This is a bit tricky too. I would say yes. I usually don't "relax" too much when I am alone and I get enjoyment from mental activity too.... So I don't DEMAND this from people. I do accept it gladly though.

What methods? I more or less just jump at solving the problem. I do like to cooperate with people though as in solving the problem together. I know some people who have helped me successfully. Sometimes my own solutions are a bit "spaghetti solutions" and "reinventing the wheel" partly because I refuse to learn any methodologies, lol. It wouldn't be fun to use an existing formula instead of making a one of my own. So I don't demand this either but I accept help gladly. This depends on what kind of problem it is. If it is something I'm not too interested to solve then I would rather delegate it completely, lol.

I guess this is perhaps the most important thing. I always have so many possible ways to go and somehow hard to decide which route to take. Like when typing myself...I can generate a logic to make me half the types. I can even start to believe in my logic. But then doubt comes back when I see a flaw and a missing piece of the puzzle and another possibility and in this kind of "non-exact" science there is always room for doubt. Thus I would need people to encourage me on my type selection and decrease my doubt not discourage and increase it. Heh. There is an exception though. If I HAVE to make decision or take action as in crisis or hard deadline situation I am much better at it and don't really need that much help. But in open-ended situations like typing myself doubt overcomes my decisions easily..

Hard to grasp what this assistance could be. So I guess not. I'm not absolutely sure though. Maybe I don't understand this question correctly.

My thoughts are a bit chaotic always. So I am glad of anyone who is willing to argue with me and brainstorm. I can do this alone too (for example by writing things down and reflecting on that and such) but this is easier with someone else. I like to bounce ideas back and forth and this way iterate closer to the "TRUTH". Well..do I need this..no...do I accept help in this yes..but on my terms (as in I want to lead the conversation if they are MY thoughts we are organizing). I don't want anyone to impose any structure on my thoughts.

Well...I often do ask advice from my wife of how to answer some important e-mails or what to write of myself to my CV or how to behave in certain situations and all kinds of self-expression situations. She is very good at this stuff. But in the end I usually do the final decisions myself. So I can use help in this but I don't want it to be too intrusive and I want to have freedom to choose myself.

Ok. This was very adhoc. I might have a bit different thoughts after I reflect this more.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG is the stereotypical man...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, this might be true. I appreciate immensely when people do things for me without me asking for it.
    I have no reason to doubt your type (even this poor picture of you looks like an LIE), so would it be safe to say that while you would never ask for help figuring out your feelings, it is nice to have people around who 1) help you without you asking, and 2) have easily recognizable feelings about everything that the 'induce' in you?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no reason to doubt your type (even this poor picture of you looks like an LIE), so would it be safe to say that while you would never ask for help figuring out your feelings, it is nice to have people around who 1) help you without you asking, and 2) have easily recognizable feelings about everything that the 'induce' in you?
    Yes, agreed to both, especially the second!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- assistance overcoming doubts and taking decisive action <- this is mine

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, XoX. Your answers would suggest:
    You do not need , ,
    You appreciate ,
    Unclear: , ,

We would expect assistance that is most appreciated to correspond to super-id block functions and for you to be independent in your ego-block functions. That suggests you are a or .

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baby is INFj! That explains alot.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    FDG is the stereotypical man...
    No. If that were true, man would never ask for my help.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I am usually well aware of them.
    Well, not sure. I guess I do need certain encouragement and a little guidance in this area. But that's all.
    No. But I do not respond negatively to it. Well not if its in small amounts and doesn't encroach upon my freedom.
    No.
    Well, somewhat. Not too much though. I like my indecisiveness .
    I don't understand.
    No. I hate it.
    Don't know. Don't think I undertstand this question either. But I think my answer would be no.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Baby is INFj! That explains alot.
    How do you figure?

People keep trying to convince me I'm some other type but INFp, lately... it's getting annoying. I almost want to start a thread about it. Almost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, XoX. Your answers would suggest:
    You do not need , ,
    You appreciate ,
    Unclear: , ,

We would expect assistance that is most appreciated to correspond to super-id block functions and for you to be independent in your ego-block functions. That suggests you are a or .
    Sounds like my latest type "change" was not all irrational after all And judging from what was discussed in the "How to tell INFj from ENFp" thread it seems difficult to believe I am INFj. I guess I can be fairly confident of my ENFp:ness. Though INFj Intuitive Subtype description had something in it too. I stick with the ENFp for now with INFj as a backup choice.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you strongly identify with this, it would suggest you have in your super-id block. In other words, you would be a LIE, ILI, IEI, or EIE.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Winterpark:

Your answers suggest:
    You do not need: , , ,
    You appreciate: (maybe) , (maybe)

This would suggest you have in your super-id block. You could be . If you are , why did you say you didn't appreciate assistance understanding and formulating your interests and possibilities?

Creepy-

Which kinds of assistance do you respond positively to and routinely require from others? (please comment on each one, without resorting to any socionics terminology)
    Not really sure...

I generally consider this irrelevant, actually...

I don't think I've ever desired to switch off mental activity...

When assistance is given I tend to be rather rigid. I would rather figure it out myself, having someone else help is not so good for my self-esteem.

I can be a little resistant to help, but not for long and I do appreciate it. Perhaps I'm resistant because I'm not entirely sure how to ask for help or what exactly it is I need help with.

I feel confident in this myself, and in any case I am comfortable with coincidence. I don't think I've ever asked help for this, actually.

Totally. I need help with this and I'm not really ashamed to admit it, I generally respond positively to this kind of assistance (unless I've reached the frustration threshhold, in which case I tend to be a little sulky).

I guess I routinely require this from others but I don't response positively to help. I tend to get defensive more than anything (although I would like to improve the skill).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ishysquishy,
    Well, you seem to come out a IEI. Coincidence?

Creepy-

ishysquishy,
    Well, you seem to come out a IEI. Coincidence?
    I would never have guessed :wink:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you strongly identify with this, it would suggest you have in your super-id block. In other words, you would be a LIE, ILI, IEI, or EIE.
    Ah, okay! Thanks. I was worried for a second, lol. I have always needed a "push" to overcome my own habit of second-guessing the situation, and take decisive action. Of those types you listed, I identify with IEI most, of course, although at some points in my behavior, people percieve me as closes to ILI.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auvi, a thinking type? Ha...ahaha...

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Auvi, a thinking type? Ha...ahaha...
    Ah, shaddup.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmaonade

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Winterpark:

Your answers suggest:
    You do not need: , , ,
    You appreciate: (maybe) , (maybe)

This would suggest you have in your super-id block. You could be . If you are , why did you say you didn't appreciate assistance understanding and formulating your interests and possibilities?
    Well, I said that because I don't think I have problems understanding and formulating my interests and possibilites. But I do need them to be seen by others and recieve support and gain will and courage to pursue them and realize my potential in action. edit: Hope this makes some sense. I am very bad at verbal expression.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm as INFp as they come, really. I don't think I come across as INTp, although the two types are (to quote Gulenko) "decievingly similar." I don't associate so much with the "thinking" part as much at the "inuition" part. We do share after all - not . As per INFj... fuck no. They're good people, but I'm not INFj.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Dynamicism:
    So you're sort of like FDG in that you don't feel you need any assistance?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick, does really exist people that have friends that have the main purpose of helping them? I mean that seems really shallow to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Dynamicism:
    So you're sort of like FDG in that you don't feel you need any assistance?
    Haha. You could add a text before your questions: "If you think you don't need anything from anybody you are probably an ENTj. Don't bother to read further." or something I find it hard to believe ENTjs don't really need anything from anyone. That is somehow so introverted. But well, if they think so then I guess they know themselves.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No

No

Sometimes. I get anxious sometimes and if that happens then yes, but generally no.

yes yes yes I'm helpless in this respect

Yes. I'm pretty helpless here too.

Uhm I don't think so. . .

Yeah I guess so.

I don't think so.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I find it hard to believe ENTjs don't really need anything from anyone.
    It's more like:

- I don't want to be dependant on others, because that would mean that they can control me somehow.

- I don't want to expose my weaknesses, except to a very limited few.

- I don't think I'm entitled to anything unless I gain my entitlement i.e. If I need something that is for sell, I know I can buy it with money. But if the help is free, I don't like to ask for it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG:
    Rick, does really exist people that have friends that have the main purpose of helping them? I mean that seems really shallow to me.
    I only meant this in the biological sense. If we didn't need anything from other people biologically or psychologically, we wouldn't be motivated to form friendships.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG:
    I only meant this in the biological sense. If we didn't need anything from other people biologically or psychologically, we wouldn't be motivated to form friendships.
    Fine then.

I wanted to mention that, upon further reflection, I *might* be in need for help in formulating my feelings over something. Usually, they are really clear to me, but they're in a black-or-withe forumulae. Either it's Good, or Bad; either I like someone, or I despise him/her. Therefore, I need help in refining my understanding of how I feel about something/someone, perhaps.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I created a little questionnaire that might turn out to be a good test of type, or at least of certain aspects of type. Those who would like to try this follow the instructions exactly, please:

Both of these ... but, I tend to get pissed if the person I am asking tries to organize me when I need existance for technical problems, as opposed to giving me something I can use as a method indirectly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast