Thread: I'm very curious

Hybrid View

Default I'm very curious

Hello there. I'm very curious about my type. I test INTP in most tests, INTJ in some, but the various online descriptions peg me beautifully as INTP.

HOWEVER! I was recently spot-typed as first INFP, then later refined to INFJ. This has caused a considerable amount of uncertainty in me and some 2nd+ opinions would be greatly appreciated. What should I say about myself? Hmm......

I work at a car/RV dealership as the tech support guy. I have interest in programming, but I've only gotten proficient in batch because I'm too lazy to learn an actual language. My favorite websites are somethingawful.com, boners.com, and thereifixedit.com.

I suppose I'll post some answers I gave to some questions someone asked me in order to determine my type but never got back to me:

Do you like to read? If yes, what do you like to read when you do? Why do you like to read such things?
    Yes, I like to read. I don't normally read books, but when I do, they tend to be science fiction or fantasy in nature, but I often prefer a good dose of comedy in them as well. My favorite books are The Lord Of The Rings, Catch 22, and the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series.

What I normally read is stuff online, usually pertaining to a subject I'd like to learn more about, or comedy sites such as somethingawful.com.

I like to read fantasy because I like to mentally travel into fictional universes and it is much easier and vivid when it has already been thought out and described. I like reading to learn more about things because it has proved to be the best source of information. I like reading comedy because I like to laugh.

Who was your favorite teacher? Why were they your favorite?

My favorite teacher was my math teacher in high school. He was funny, sarcastic, witty, dealt with obnoxious students by playfully yelling at and insulting them (which disarmed them, while leaving them and the rest of the class in a good mood), explained things while using his own personal views of the thing being explained ("The book says to do it this way, which I think is dumb, but I'm too lazy to explain a different way, so just do it this way or I'll fail you."), and let us watch The Price Is Right every Friday. He was entertaining. It was fun to be in his class.

What was/is your favorite subject in school? What about the subject was most interesting to you?

My favorite class period was when I got to help the network administrator administrate the network. My next favorite one was P.E. because I'm relatively physically fit and it was easy. My favorite actual subject was math because it seemed the most simple to understand. I didn't really like it, though.

What is your definition of common sense?

Sense is knowing what behavior will ensure your physical and social well-being and that of others. Common sense, in general, is very personalized to the values of the individual mentioning it. I have personally never used the term to compare to someone's behavior.

What would be the description of your ideal job? What about the job would make it ideal?

My ideal job would be to get paid to do what I do on my time off.

I haven't been able to point out an ideal real job. I've heavily considered computer programming and, more recently (at the suggestion of my grandma after learning about a card game I made up), working for a toy company making up games. That would use my imagination and my logical skills.

How about some pictures?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NT, probably alpha NT. My tentative guess is LII > ILE. The first photo looks more ILE, but I'd take VI with a grain of salt. This paragraph in particular made me think you're probably valuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post

Who was your favorite teacher? Why were they your favorite?

My favorite teacher was my math teacher in high school. He was funny, sarcastic, witty, dealt with obnoxious students by playfully yelling at and insulting them (which disarmed them, while leaving them and the rest of the class in a good mood), explained things while using his own personal views of the thing being explained ("The book says to do it this way, which I think is dumb, but I'm too lazy to explain a different way, so just do it this way or I'll fail you."), and let us watch The Price Is Right every Friday. He was entertaining. It was fun to be in his class.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You state yourself that you desire to understand yourself AND OTHERS AROUND YOU.
    For the INTP, the problem is being understood, not understanding. Their obliviosity to emotions in others makes them bad at communicating to emotional types. You, on the other hand, are incredibly good at conveying what you mean, both to me (another INFJ) and to Technical (an INTP), and you have not displayed the oblivious inconsiderateness of the TP, that blithe unawareness of emotion that isn't intended as an insult but often succeeds at it.
    ok, one thing to say regarding MBTI and Socionics: The primary drive of LIIs is to understand the world. I don't know about INTPs anymore, I pretty much stopped caring (I left INTPc years ago). I also inhabit the space between worlds, in that I can speak very scientifically and very sensitively.
    Your combination of adept courtesy and desire to understand OTHERS, your verbosity and articulation, and your F showing up throughout your speech collectively point unmistakably (to me, if to nobody else) at INFJ-with-a-T-nearly-but-not-quite-balanced, 100% certain at this point. I don't claim that very often, but you are far too similar to how I've been for me to mistake it.
    well he's talking about MBTI, for sure, and that doesn't really related to socionics. It sounds like he's trying to say you're too aware of people's emotions or something. I don't know your MBTI type, but you are certainly LII. (Time for Socionics talk) Having Fi role allows you to "appear" sensitive and for you to communicate emotions, but it's draining. It's something you feel you have to do in order to maintain peace, or whatever. You would rather have fun keep it light hearted than talk about your feelings all day (preference for Fe). You don't like having to worry about offending someone. You want to say what's on your mind, but you become irritated when people are too sensitive, because they should know what you mean. That makes you question why you speak your mind in the first place. Am I right?
    Last edited by electric sheep; 09-20-2009 at 05:14 PM.
    The saddest ESFj

Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    ok, one thing to say regarding MBTI and Socionics: The primary drive of LIIs is to understand the world. I don't know about INTPs anymore, I pretty much stopped caring (I left INTPc years ago). I also inhabit the space between worlds, in that I can speak very scientifically and very sensitively.

well he's talking about MBTI, for sure, and that doesn't really related to socionics. It sounds like he's trying to say you're too aware of people's emotions or something. I don't know your MBTI type, but you are certainly LII. (Time for Socionics talk) Having Fi role allows you to "appear" sensitive and for you to communicate emotions, but it's draining. It's something you feel you have to do in order to maintain peace, or whatever. You would rather have fun keep it light hearted than talk about your feelings all day (preference for Fe). You don't like having to worry about offending someone. You want to say what's on your mind, but you become irritated when people are too sensitive, because they should know what you mean. That makes you question why you speak your mind in the first place. Am I right?
    EXACTLY!

Still not 100% sure about 9w1, though. I'll have to do more comparisons. As far as Estelore, she was initially typed by Technical as INFJ when she believed herself to be INTP. She was short with him and "disturbed on 17 levels" about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXACTLY!

Still not 100% sure about 9w1, though. I'll have to do more comparisons. As far as Estelore, she was initially typed by Technical as INFJ when she believed herself to be INTP. She was short with him and "disturbed on 17 levels" about it.
    Yea that sounds like the over dramatization of an IEI.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the issue here is that you 9w1 LIIs come across as more friendly, and rather xEI-ish, than the others.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm down with alpha. You don't really seem IEI or beta much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion
    Yes well seeing as that ILI description is the product of Alpha NT's describing themselves I find it no surprise you relate to it.
    I thought alpha NTs were LII. The ILI description is an LII describing himself? That's kinda messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I'm down with alpha. You don't really seem IEI or beta much at all.
    ? Alpha (LII), I don't seem IEI or beta? I'm assuming you don't think I'm gamma (ILI) much at all, either. LII and ILI seem like the main ones to decide about.

Fear of sleep: The activity partners seem to fit my wife and I. I'll read that Enneagram 5 and 9 thing. (5 of 9? Did that borg survive?) I've been looking for a description involving the difference of the 2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What other anime series to you like?

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    What other anime series to you like?
    Hmm, before I talk about favorite anime, let me tell you what I like about certain anime and movies. I'm really drawn to physically powerful characters, as well as untouchable ones who don't care. I usually root for such characters and hope they are undefeatable. I like to put myself in their place and want them to win as much as if it was me. "None of you weak mortals understand. You can't beat me. All your love and morals and teamwork and stuff is futile." Sephiroth, Alucard, Alex Mercer, Hannibal Lechter, Sylar, Maleficent.

My favorite anime is Dragonball Z. I've watched DB, DBZ, and DBGT in order. I only watch anime in Japanese with subtitles (except Hellsing because the English voices are good). I like DBZ because of how overwhelmingly powerful the characters are.

My other favorites are Hellsing Ultimate, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, FLCL, and Cromartie High School (so hilarious). There are several others I've heard about that look good, but haven't seen. Death Note is one of those.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, before I talk about favorite anime, let me tell you what I like about certain anime and movies. I'm really drawn to physically powerful characters, as well as untouchable ones who don't care. I usually root for such characters and hope they are undefeatable. I like to put myself in their place and want them to win as much as if it was me. "None of you weak mortals understand. You can't beat me. All your love and morals and teamwork and stuff is futile." Sephiroth, Alucard, Alex Mercer, Hannibal Lechter, Sylar, Maleficent.

My favorite anime is Dragonball Z. I've watched DB, DBZ, and DBGT in order. I only watch anime in Japanese with subtitles (except Hellsing because the English voices are good). I like DBZ because of how overwhelmingly powerful the characters are.

My other favorites are Hellsing Ultimate, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, FLCL, and Cromartie High School (so hilarious). There are several others I've heard about that look good, but haven't seen. Death Note is one of those.
    Hmm, you're fond of the "shounen" genre. A peculiarity those anime tend to have is that they sport SEE's as heroes, you know; the typical slightly hyperactive kid with a big heart (Naruto, Goku, etc). Other gamma characters in Naruto in particular include: Sasuke (ESI) and Itachi (LIE). I'd also recommend you to check out if you can one anime called Saint Seiya. You seem to be attracted to gamma characters in general. Not saying that this is a conclusive proof of you being a gamma type, but I'd say it adds to the pool of already available evidence.

My typing for you at the moment is: ILI-Te, 5w4 sx/sp, but I don't understand very well the rationality/irrationality dichotomy (more like I am not able to discern which is which for introverts), and the static/dynamic thingie, so maybe you are ESI or something else. Perhaps some of our more experimented forumers here would be willing to expand on it.

EDIT: Also, I think the Filatova descriptions that you can find in the wikisocion are more accurate than the default ones. Check out the ILI one: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=Filatova_ILI
    Last edited by xkj220; 09-25-2009 at 05:37 AM. Reason: quoted msg/added link

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    The tone of your post seems a bit too chatty to me for you to be Fe-PoLR, but everyone's different on the internet...

What are your favourite things to do when you hang out with friends? What sorts of roles do you usually play in those situations (organiser, conversation leader, comic relief)? What sorts of conversations do you have with your friends?
    When I hang out with my friends? Hmm...with my friends...
    I don't hang out with my friends. I don't talk to my friends unless one of them happens to call me or email me, which is rare. I haven't kept in touch with any of my friends at all. I have my wife and our 2 kids. I see my immediate family once every 1-2 weeks since they only live a couple miles away. Any movies I go to are almost always with my wife only. Once in a great while we'll go with my family.

As far as the role I play when I would hang out with my friends, if I had to pick one of those I'd say comic relief. But there were often those who were much more comic relief than I. I was usually the guy who quietly observed everyone and would unexpectedly blurt some witty joke I just thought up about the current situation. I'm much more open and talkative with my family. In those situations I'm usually explaining something I recently learned about or showing them something interesting or funny I recently found. I also end up fixing their computer a lot .

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    IEI.
    I'd be interested in hearing how you came to that conclusion.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha NT.

Yeah its cliche and obvious, but w/e alpha nt alpha nt alpha nt.

IEI is kinda silly, but not impossible. I doubt it though.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try taking this test.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be interested in hearing how you came to that conclusion.
    By the impressions of what you said and how you look. You're definitely intuitive and most likely Se valuing, though obviously not an Se type. Introvert > extrovert, IP > EJ, don't seem to care about Fi at all, your favorite teacher sounds like a SLE... so IEI is my best guess. Other plausible types would be EIE and Ni-ILI. The only alternative I could see outside of Se/Ni is Ti-LII.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    By the impressions of what you said and how you look. You're definitely intuitive and most likely Se valuing, though obviously not an Se type. Introvert > extrovert, IP > EJ, don't seem to care about Fi at all, your favorite teacher sounds like a SLE... so IEI is my best guess. Other plausible types would be EIE and Ni-ILI. The only alternative I could see outside of Se/Ni is Ti-LII.
    lol you already figured out his teachers type too?!?! He liked his teacher because he was never harsh, and kept everyone laughing.
    The saddest ESFj