Thread: Acting Out of Character

Creepy-

Default Acting Out of Character

What is the typical way you act out of character? I mean, a trait you frequently fall back on but is mostly incongruous with who you are?

Me: I frequently act bright and cheerful around other people, not because I am cheerful but because I become cheerful in response to stress (including the presence of other human beings). It's not insincere, I genuinely feel cheerful, but the feeling has got nothing to do with my inner state.

Over to you.

(It would be nice if this could be related to Socionics, hence it's in "General Discussion" and not "Anything Goes", but in light of recent topics please avoid saying "I frequently act XXXx" because that's not what I'm looking for).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFP or just about Fe

There are some thoughts flying in my head about . Some people easily change their moods like sun/rain/sun/rain. We can say it is related to temperament but it must be also to . In some people it is so bovious that litle things affect teir mood so badly and so qucikly. I have not got typology in front of me now but it may be well INFP. the person I am talking about is so sensitive and emotions are so close on the surface that I get a bit confused what is the best way to deal with his emotions.
    It looks like he is an introvert, does not like spot light and crowded places, fond of music and writes lyrics. Even if he is angry he does not express it outwardly as agression but rahter escape and avoidance behaviour plus lots of tears or lots of cheerfulness. This is facsinating.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around other strangers that I am slowly getting to know, I have a tendency to become more aggressive and pushy, overdoing it most of the time.

LIKE I DO IRL WHAT ****** DOES ON THE FORUM

LOL WHATEVER

HUGO IS GAY

Stuff like that.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I think my type is not exactly prone to act out of character. My moods are very stable, I am either happy or sad over something for a long long time

must be fun to be an Ixxp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Acting Out of Character

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    What is the typical way you act out of character? I mean, a trait you frequently fall back on but is mostly incongruous with who you are?

Me: I frequently act bright and cheerful around other people, not because I am cheerful but because I become cheerful in response to stress (including the presence of other human beings). It's not insincere, I genuinely feel cheerful, but the feeling has got nothing to do with my inner state.

Over to you.

(It would be nice if this could be related to Socionics, hence it's in "General Discussion" and not "Anything Goes", but in light of recent topics please avoid saying "I frequently act XXXx" because that's not what I'm looking for).
    i tend to get goofy or silly. making off color references in a freudian approach, using colorful words , metaphors, and puns in a safe but dirty or suggestive way. let them come to a conclusion as to what i'm talking about (much harder to prove that i said anything that way).

but it's only triggered if someone else does something simaler.

or i might just blurt out some random and silly idea, but think of it in a complex way, just to be funny.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm around people I don't know well, I tend to be overly nice and smiley and tentative about my opinions. My voice gets much softer, both in volume and tone. (At home with my family, I'm louder and more opinionated.) In situations that have to do with other people where I'm unsure of what to do, I sometimes act like my ESFj mom. I probably would not be able to if I hadn't grown up with her.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I really like what Rick said in gillgan's "what's my type" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    When people first meet other people that they are concerned about making an impression on, most try to display super-ego "prowess" (i.e. that they adhere to high standards in the areas of their super-ego functions) to cover their butts and avoid painful rejection. Then, when they see that they have been accepted and the danger has passed, they gradually slip back to their ego functions, displaying more and more "natural" behavior. For example, in my case, I often emphasize what a serious, trustworthy person I am and how I am in control of everything. But become my friend, and you will come to realize this is hardly the case Smile. Most telling in terms of socionic type is what behavioral niches people choose when they feel unthreatened and accepted by others.
    NiTe | Socionix

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can act out of character if I'm under a lot of stress. Normally I'm pretty laid back but when stressed, things like procrastination and messyness come out a lot worse. I start being a lot more negative too.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you do something frequently you aren't acting out of character

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Leave my Logic alone

I couldn't think of how else to word it. If you have an idea, I'll change it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Leave my Logic alone

I couldn't think of how else to word it. If you have an idea, I'll change it.
    hmm? *looks up from coffee cup* no, no... i was just practicing my and creating space for myself. thank you for participating.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Acting Out of Character

=)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    I think what she mean was your extraverted persona feeling out of touch with your introverted one.

Sometimes I act more charming around people then I'd expect since Im often moody. Sometimes I act aggressive and defensive around people I have a soft spot for.