TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I think you’re underestimating SLIs.
    I'm trying to think of a business that I'm familiar with that is run by an SLI. I think the only one I know is a house-siding repair business, and the guy has an LSE working for him. No idea what his business longevity has been.

Wait. I think Berkshire-Hathaway has an SLI owner.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Corporate environment is very rational-minded. They are very hierarchical and things such as chain of command, seniority, are valued. Wildcards like EPs or lazy experts like Ips aren't tolerated. IME the types that do best in those environments are LSI, LSE & LIE with an enneagram 3 fix. When those types need someone to do customer/public relations/marketing, they hire EIE, EII & ESI, but those types never really move up the ladder.
    While I agree that I don't see too many ESI's high in the corporate ladder, I just encountered one who is in top management. She's from India, and I've only spoken to her on Zoom so I've never met or seen her, but she doesn't let anyone interrupt her when she speaks, and as super-organized as she is, and as good as she is at connecting people and tying up loose ends, she seems to just stop in her tracks and drink deeply whenever anyone is demonstrating Te.

I'd like to meet her in person some time.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I'm trying to think of a business that I'm familiar with that is run by an SLI. I think the only one I know is a house-siding repair business, and the guy has an LSE working for him. No idea what his business longevity has been.

Wait. I think Berkshire-Hathaway has an SLI owner.
    Some people type Jeff Bezos as SLI. The people who don’t usually point to his achievements and say “an SLI could never do that, so he must be this other type”, which is a stupid way to type people imo.

The CEO of the first company I worked for was SLI. The business had around 50 employees.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha: the circus
    Beta: prison
    Gamma: the stock market
    Delta: the farm
    Last edited by xerx; 05-13-2021 at 06:05 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Wildcards like EPs or lazy experts like Ips aren't tolerated.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Soup kitchens, some residential treatment facilities. (although some of these are also very Beta and run by a lot of EIEs - a lot of them have warden LSEs and EIIs social workers)

Anything that's pro-family and pro-heterosexuality or also pro-gay people but in a PC way. Like those white trash businesses on the side of freeways that sell pickles- that's very Delta. Most 'equality centers' are very IEE Delta because it's like trying to say gay people want to go out and shoot deer with a real SLI macho man wearing flannel even tho that's often not really true. Equal to what, exactly??? The entire point of straight and gay people is THAT WE ARE NOT EQUAL OR THERE WOULDN'T BE TWO DIFFERENT WORDS FOR US.

Ultra religious farm lands where there's a lot of moral rules and they don't like pervy urban nightlife and they have like 16 kids and they all look whiter than hell - that's 'Delta.'

Suburban small-town life is also usually very Delta. Remember EIE Gilly saying he loathes it? lolol. I think it's usually a mixture of both Alpha/Delta though. (98% of sitcoms are based on Alpha lifestyles.)

I think the courtroom might be more of a 'Gamma' place generally speaking - but a LSE judge throwing a SLE male criminal in prison is also a common delta thing I think.

btw I don't know how confident I am with this crap as I realize I'm relying on vague stereotypes lol but I'm pretty confident. So I admit I could be wrong. Tell me how I'm wrong tho.

I think with that said- the flipside is that a lot of bdsm/sex shops are also incredibly Delta to me. Betas are the type of people that talk roughly but in reality often just want something nice, sweet and boring. Deltas talk sweet and nice and boring but in reality want to rough it up.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I would guess Japan... could be very Delta.
    I've been living in Japan almost 2 years now, but I'm not sure how to comment since I don't really know what makes a place Delta as opposed to some other quadra. I understand that Delta's may enjoy living in a place, but if say, Alphas also enjoy living in the same place then what are the criteria for considering it Delta rather than Alpha?

Doing my best to provide something interesting to the conversation though, Japan has always struck me as very ISTp as a whole. There is quite a lot of variation depending on where exactly in Japan you are, but I think most people can probably see how it is a very Si country. There's so much emphasis placed on daily ritual, maintaining health, and being present in the time and place that you are. While there are of course pretty wild fashions and subcultures in bigger cities, most of Japan's aesthetics are very neat, tidy, pleasing, and subdued. Modern fashion here seems to have a fascination with the colour beige. Graphic t-shirts are basically nonexistent and one of the fastest ways to spot Americans in a crowd. Simple patterns or solid colours are preferred, and clothing is generally all matching and often looks like it was bought as a complete set rather than as separate pieces. Most people here don't want to impress upon others a particular image, and would rather blend in while expressing their own taste rather subtly. Pretty much no one goes out in sweatpants and a hoodie or anything that might look too 'lazy.' There are clear societal norms around self-expression and most people follow them rather closely. People love to travel domestically on holidays and enjoy the different regions' unique 'thing' whatever their 'thing' happens to be. Every region almost invariable advertises how comfortable it is though. Ads that emphasize adventure are relatively rare. There is definitely a love of nature, but it feels distinctly more Si than Se to me.

Te is also readily noticeable in Japan. In particular in its somewhat infamous work culture. They teach you to respond to superiors with the shortest answers possible. Don't explain, just answer the question yes or no. Explanations are actually seen as somewhat rude when not requested. Companies here very much evaluate people as cogs in a machine - a thing that of course all companies must do on some level, but Japan takes a bit far at times. What I find a bit odd though is that they do not always do things the most efficient way (which I would think Te would desire), but rather will rigidly stick to the way that things have always been done and are incredibly resistant to any changes to procedure. Companies here are intensely risk-averse to the point that they will let themselves face certain doom rather than taking a risk which might save them even if they have basically nothing to lose. "That's the rule and it was put down for a reason so we can't change it. It's impossible," is a common sentiment. In my workplace I have often tried to introduce changes or suggest novel ways of approaching things that seem very easy to implement to me, but am met with, "It's impossible," even when it very clearly is anything but impossible. When pressed they also tend to give very odd round-about rationalizations for why certain rules must be followed, as though they themselves have no clue why the rule exists and are simply trying to provide some answer so you'll just stop questioning it and follow the program.

Let me know if anyone thinks I have assessed these things as the incorrect elements, but that's how I interpret things here
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12