Thread: NT people and absurdity

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NT people and absurdity

My family was laughing about this time when I was a kid - we were camping and I insisted on sleeping outside the tent with the dingoes. :-p And my probable ILE brother was actually perplexed because he thought that it was him who had done that. :0 lol I kind of find it fascinating how a memory like that would work. Seems to me that you’d have to be pretty removed from your physical experiences if you could mix up other people’s experiences with your own? I feel like I’m directly accessing the experience when I recall something. Anyone relate or w/e?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-bg

you're both wrong. it was I who slept with the dingoes

but seriously, yeah, I agree with the directly accessing the experiences thing. sometimes I steal peoples stories if they're good, but I always know that I didn't actually do it. I remember somebody telling me the story, not remembering doing it myself.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    My family was laughing about this time when I was a kid - we were camping and I insisted on sleeping outside the tent with the dingoes. :-p And my probable ILE brother was actually perplexed because he thought that it was him who had done that. :0 lol I kind of find it fascinating how a memory like that would work. Seems to me that you’d have to be pretty removed from your physical experiences if you could mix up other people’s experiences with your own? I feel like I’m directly accessing the experience when I recall something. Anyone relate or w/e?
    Are you sure it was you and not him who actually did?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Are you sure it was you and not him who actually did?
    I can still feel the deliciously cool wind on my face and the mild feelings of terror as I drifted off to sleep!

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I do this; I can often confuse my memories in such a way that I "remember" people (including myself) doing or saying things that they didn't actually do. I don't "directly access" the remembered experience; I access the memory of the experience (and obviously the memory can be a false or inaccurate one.) trying to remember experiences directly and clearly is not really something I do very well; everything's just so hazy! sometimes I feel like my mind just makes things up of its own accord to fill in the blanks or something.
    Hmm.. interesting! Does it bother you at all?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    yes!
    I keep getting the urge to answer the question in your sig. :-p

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

menstruation?

yep I went there.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can still feel the deliciously cool wind on my face and the mild feelings of terror as I drifted off to sleep!
    Can't he feel the same?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    menstruation?

yep I went there.
    oh dear god

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can totally relate. It's happened to me a couple of times. It can also sometimes be unsettlingly difficult to tell if something I remember actually happened, or if I just dreamed it, especially if it was a long time ago.

Worse than not knowing whether your memories are real, though, is not knowing whether the things you are currently experiencing are real. I mean, I still know the difference between what is real and what is not in the same way that I know what the capital of Norway is, but once in a while, for a few moments, I can't feel the difference between what is real and what is not. "Reality" becomes an abstract label I attach to one set of experiences, and "Daydream" becomes an abstract label I attach to another set of experiences, with no solid, tangible, experience of the difference.

I suppose that would be a result of using almost exclusively on Ne to understand the conceptual nature of things, and basically shutting off the Sensing functions which would provide a more tangible, physical experience of reality.

It's trippy and I don't like it.
    Quaero Veritas.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate Rubicon
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate, but I don't know if its really me relating.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Can't he feel the same?
    I didn't ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I can totally relate. It's happened to me a couple of times. It can also sometimes be unsettlingly difficult to tell if something I remember actually happened, or if I just dreamed it, especially if it was a long time ago.

Worse than not knowing whether your memories are real, though, is not knowing whether the things you are currently experiencing are real. I mean, I still know the difference between what is real and what is not in the same way that I know what the capital of Norway is, but once in a while, for a few moments, I can't feel the difference between what is real and what is not. "Reality" becomes an abstract label I attach to one set of experiences, and "Daydream" becomes an abstract label I attach to another set of experiences, with no solid, tangible, experience of the difference.

I suppose that would be a result of using almost exclusively on Ne to understand the conceptual nature of things, and basically shutting off the Sensing functions which would provide a more tangible, physical experience of reality.

It's trippy and I don't like it.
    All the same, I wish I knew what it felt like! So would you not actually "see" the experience happening when you remember it then? Is it more like just remembering facts or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    I can relate Rubicon
    To me or my brother? I'd wink back but that would probably look creepy.

Creepy-bg

To me or my brother? I'd wink back but that would probably look hot.
    fixed

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-bg

he has nice teeth.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    he has nice teeth.
    thankyou (:

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't ask.
    All the same, I wish I knew what it felt like! So would you not actually "see" the experience happening when you remember it then? Is it more like just remembering facts or something?
    To me or my brother? I'd wink back but that would probably look creepy.

Nothing suss!!

To you, lol.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't ask.
    Actually, it's the other way around, at least in my own experience. My imagination is so vivid that it can become difficult to distinguish between "imaginary memories" and "real memories" -- you just have to factually remember which happened and which didn't.

In the case Rubicon described, this ILE fellow was so vividly able to imagine what it would be like to sleep outside the tent with the dingoes that as time went on, the actual memory faded away and all that was left was the memory of his imagination, which he understandably mistook as a memory of his own experience, since he had lost the memory of what actually happened.

Mind you, I don't know what the memory of sensory types is like, maybe my memories are foggy and indistinct in comparison.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it's the other way around, at least in my own experience. My imagination is so vivid that it can become difficult to distinguish between "imaginary memories" and "real memories" -- you just have to factually remember which happened and which didn't.

In the case Rubicon described, this ILE fellow was so vividly able to imagine what it would be like to sleep outside the tent with the dingoes that as time went on, the actual memory faded away and all that was left was the memory of his imagination, which he understandably mistook as a memory of his own experience, since he had lost the memory of what actually happened.
    Wow.. that's interesting.
    Mind you, I don't know what the memory of sensory types is like, maybe my memories are foggy and indistinct in comparison.
    I don't remember things vividly really. Just the facts and certain sensory details. I do remember the emotional side of things vividly though.

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually have am excellent memory, and pride myself on being able to recall events in vivid detail (what happened/who said what, etc., not sensations like SEIs).

...unless I just imagined them.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The human memory is not always reliable but some people have better memories than others, and ne/si combo certainly helps. I have been complimented on having a good memory, and I think ne/si has a lot of potential in that area, but just in general, we will have different recall.

Just one absurd thing I said as a little kids is, "What is a ferry, a bus or a boat?"

One memory that my mom brings up is when I was 3ish years old, I was attempting to draw, then I got upset, crumpled up my piece of paper, and threw it. I said.

"In my head are beautiful pictures, but all that comes out it scribblescrabble!" I got art lessons and improved, and now art is a big part of my life. Skills can always be improved, and it's frustrating when you want to improve at something, but what you have in your head doesn't translate to your current skillset.

There was a certain song/poem I came up with about seeing a dog and a frog, and my sister thought she came up with it. There are a lot of songs that she did come up with and she is very creative in that respect, but I believe this song was an exception.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?