Thread: Type and music preferences

Creepy-

Default Type and music preferences

I was just wondering whether there is a relationship between a sort of music and the type someone has. I'm not just talking about pop/rap/classical etc. I'm also talking about individual soundtracks that they may like (for example, from certain movies such as Gladiator) or soundtracks for online movies etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would imagine it would go more like this upbeat, downbeat, fast, and slow (if anything). I think the only correlation thus far is that quadra value people tend to use it to create a mood they would like to have while quadra people use it to accentuate a mood they are alrady experiencing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Creepy-

I can't contribute much to this topic except that I like an OST called "The Takamori Legend" - it's here http://www.edgen.com/music/takamori/.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by krae
    ost - lost in translation

offtopic/ i think most NFs are crazy about this movie while the STs and NTs can't understand what is so special about it. they even hate it
    You couldn't be more right! I (ENFP) just love it while my ISTP friend doesn't think much about it. "there's nothing in this movie" she says

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a classical music junkie, so my two favorite composers have to be Ravel and Prokofiev. There were two composers who weren't afraid to convey so strong an emotion in their music that it could shake violently the very foundation that so many people rest on. In my opinion, if you're going to write music, at least write music that so overdramatic and powerful that people go home either with psychological disorders or their lives violently changed.

Sheer and utter power: that the Gamma quadra way. :wink:

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also a classical fan.

Bruckner is without a doubt my favorite. It's intense music, but there is a sensitivity and a loneliness to it. It's almost childishly simple at times, and then firey and destructive at others.

I'm also a big Sibelius and Beethoven fan though. Anything from the 19th century. Not so big on the 20th century stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like classical. I get in funky moods where I read 14th century philosophy/theology in conjunction with listening to heavy metal music and then switching to video games and classical. Anyone enjoy stark contrasts of this nature?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ambient, downtempo, progressive trance, psychedelic trance, tech house, trip-hop
    mainly trancy, colorful, transcendental music. fuel for my Ni

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike that stuff my ESFP and INFJ friend seem to like it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it's ok I'm sure I could get used to it but it seems too mechanical if you follow. It's too... digitized and not done from the soul of another human being so meh. Also, I thought modern classical was well modern classical with the big band and everything. Also jazz evolved from that movement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Welcome To Estonia

I seem to like trip-hop and ambient. Also drumm and bass (this stuff is huge in here, specially among suffering teen agers. Trance is even more, every guys dream is to have an old car, most likely some 20 y o BMW and to listen trance so powerfully, that you can hear from the end of the street him coming). But junggle adoring seems to come cause of Raul Saaremets, who plays in his fantastic way this british music, the drumm and bass I mean. I also like indie, not that MTV stuff, what our MTV.TV plays, while also showing in hebrenize ''Allways'' commercials between the music, but this undergound british indie, what is really angry. But most of all I like melodies like Coldplay, sad intimate passion with faster melodies. And Franz Ferdinand is coming to give a show. This band is famous among alternative fans in here, also like Ariel Pink, that genious from California. Oh, and deep house is also cool. Art people and intellectuals in Estonia listen to house and dnb, while young (and) life burners like trance.Alcholism is one of the biggest problems in out country.

So, Welcome To Estonia!

My type should be The Searcher.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that music preference has more to do with the messege in the music, and the energy (feeling) it produces. listen to music to affect their mood, listen to music to express their mood. Depending on your hunger for power, sexual frustration, happiness, sadness, depression, wealth, you will probably listen to different stuff. When you see someone blasting a 2 kilowatt subwoofer driving really hard, you can tell that they are powerless as people, but take advantage of the drive as a means to feel power (This is why a person would be embaraced to drive with you if you do the above because they see your energy and they realize you are exposing your weakness). As people get older it seems as if their choice of music gets lower pace and more relaxed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

music is probably the only thing in this universe whose power over me i will never try to rationalize with mechanical understanding.

Creepy-Jimbean.

Based on my observations, younger T types can handle more syncopation and still enjoy the music while Fi types see something in music that "flows" more evenly (I do not know a more accurate way of describing it).

As an ENTp, I enjoy a variety of music. Mostly music that uplifts moods or contains a lot of drama.